Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76792 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #495 on: November 06, 2012, 02:17:00 am »

Jim Groovester may no longer vote.

IronyOwl may no longer vote.

TolyK may no longer vote.

Yeah, this was a much better course of action than just claiming.

You should try for Mensa membership, Bookthras. I think you have a serious shot at getting in.

-Was whatever caused the clusterfuck N2 a reflect, or randomization? It's a reflect, then?
-I'm guessing it had a percent chance? Can you post the wording?
-Did it do anything N3?
-Did you do anything that could have caused the Tolyk/IO contradiction N3?
In order: a) that's what I said; b) no; c) can't say; d) no.

Additionally: Are you responsible for Tiruin targeting you Night 2 instead of Hapah like he claimed?

Why did your action only reflect Hapah's action Night 2 and not mine?

I'm not that worried about that, I just stated that.

Why are you mentioning it then if you're just going to stand around with your thumb in your ass about it?

Everyone: Thoughts?

I am going to state my support for a TolyK lynch by putting his name in red. His and IronyOwl's N3 actions are the clearest inconsistency in actions and since TolyK has been cautious and cowardly during milo (look at all the pressure he's applied to everyone) I'm willing to bet he's scum.

A part of me wants to say vote for Bookthras just to spite the use of his action. But I think we've collected most of his claim by now (thanks for bending under pressure bro), with the exception of the particulars of his hide/mirroring ability.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 06, 2012, 05:21:10 am »

Tiruin:
So I got the conclusion that I targeted you > hit Tibbers > got sent on my merry way to Jim along with Tibbers, as the 'me' would refer to the bearer of the teddy bear in which case would be Jim - while it does say <auto> [which would infer that it would be a personal ability, the one-shot Bear-shift would transfer the whole package], is what I concluded upon.
This is retarded but I guess it explains the most nonsensical thing I asked you about.

Just four more to go.

Hapah:
I assumed it was because he revealed himself to be a bastard role when his name has Secret in it.
That's what I suspected at first, but threw it out because if he was modkilled presumably it'd just say modkilled.

Looking back at his first auto, I guess that is possible. I'd expect a somewhat clearer warning on something like that, though...

Of course, if he can still gamble while dead it's a lot less of an issue, and thus a lot more likely.

Seems pretty solid. The convenience of his first two actions had occurred to me, but I hadn't noticed how Binary Bomb just popped in there with no reason to be missing before. Also hadn't noticed how stupid a target it was in the first place.

TolyK:
Post.
Have a huge post saved
I don't get it. Why not post it if you've got it, and why tell us about it if it's not ready?

The funny thing is that his autos didn't affect me at all, so he could've won but not won. It might have also been a vigilante kill someone didn't claim.
What makes you say that and who would not claim something like that, respectively.

Bookthras is being very uncooperative, seems non-town.
IronyOwl has been very logical, the only problem so far is the conflict in claims.
Jim seems to be most town-like, his pushing for claiming seems natural.
Hapah has been sick, so I don't know. He seems too laid-back, and seems more like a watcher to me (based on his last ability).
Tiruin (You) has been ok, but his reasons for actioning folks seem kind-of off.

The most scummy imo are Irony and Book. It seems that he's firm in his decision to stay silent, so I'll vote Bookthras as well when Hapah answers my question.
So you've got some reads on people, but then you throw them out for an action contradiction and pressuring confirmed non-town?

Bookthras:
By my action to decree this, it should be clear I really can't be scum (since I can do this, reflected Hapah, and have claimed a revive; that's clearly a survivor role), however if you both think I should be lynched to test the revive thing, I'll go along with it. On the other hand, I have cleared up the battlefield a bit so you guys may try to actually lynch some scum.
Yeah. You're absolute shit at it, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 06, 2012, 07:34:26 am »

-Was whatever caused the clusterfuck N2 a reflect, or randomization? It's a reflect, then?
-I'm guessing it had a percent chance? Can you post the wording?
-Did it do anything N3?
-Did you do anything that could have caused the Tolyk/IO contradiction N3?
In order: a) that's what I said; b) no; c) can't say; d) no.

Additionally: Are you responsible for Tiruin targeting you Night 2 instead of Hapah like he claimed?

Why did your action only reflect Hapah's action Night 2 and not mine?

Alright, just so Bookthras won't escape either his 'restriction', or something else which prevents outright claiming. (Yes this is crazy but I'm going along with what he said, because it seems too ridiculous not to...)

For Jim's first question. If No: state a four line poem. If yes: State a three line poem. There are no restrictions to how many syllables or anything nor does it have to make sense. There are no other answers but yes or no. Quote this whole paragraph just to be sure.

Bookthras: Your claim also contradicts itself.

When I sent the role, I was sort of going for a new thing: a posting restriction involving rhymes or something like that, and said as much to Wuba; I've never played a posting restriction before, and I wanted to try my hand at it. But he rightly pointed out that posting restrictions are the opposite of fun, and that if I had to rhyme too often it would get old really quickly and would probably just get me lynched regardless of anything else. He instead made me a Survivor, with the most cowardly role I've ever seen. That'll teach me.
And you think not outright claiming it would avert the bolded part?

Tiruin:
So I got the conclusion that I targeted you > hit Tibbers > got sent on my merry way to Jim along with Tibbers, as the 'me' would refer to the bearer of the teddy bear in which case would be Jim - while it does say <auto> [which would infer that it would be a personal ability, the one-shot Bear-shift would transfer the whole package], is what I concluded upon.
This is retarded but I guess it explains the most nonsensical thing I asked you about.

Just four more to go.
That did answer everything. I was under that assumption and that is where I drew my conclusions to your ideas. Ie, your questions.

In retrospect, I should've asked about the action order first. Still doesn't explain how you targeted Jim.

Alright, to the best of my abilities just to finish this madness, after the first paragraph:

> First: If Jim has Tibbers and I acted on you [thus acting on Tibbers] and the kill hit Jim, it would kill Tibbers but in that way, would also kill me because I'm protecting Tibbers.

> Second: What I made of that assertion was a minute slip based on conclusion ^. That, or insinuating that you lied [and then watching your reply for any hint of using anything else].

> Third: Anything which has that Tibbers means that Tibbers gets hit by that something. Where the word 'something' pertains to a kill.

> Fourth: I...really don't get that. I was curious on the mentioning of 'crippled scumteam' and wondered how you go onto that idea.

Now my question. Why did you decide to not act at all?

First, I'm an idiot. Because I asked TolyK about that Binary Bomb, then looked at the claim and nodded, musing to myself on why he used it on ZU. I failed to follow it up at the time because of the conundrum with IronyOwl...

Second, I'm adding to that question list.
So, Tolyk. I'd like to know:
-Why you didn't claim Binary Bomb initially
-Why you thought using it N1 on someone who revived was the best course of action
-Why you kept casting suspicions on someone you supposedly poisoned
-What you're doing tonight, on who, in advance
Why did you use it on ZU? Why did you miss my question here?

Also, why did you FoS me (while not voting at all) and insinuated something without quoting what you see I did?

Why do you keep on stating my actions 'are a bit off' without explaining anything to support them?

And why did you only vote Bookthras after...well.
Quote from: Tiruin
something like "who do you suspect"
Bookthras is being very uncooperative, seems non-town.
IronyOwl has been very logical, the only problem so far is the conflict in claims.
Jim seems to be most town-like, his pushing for claiming seems natural.
Hapah has been sick, so I don't know. He seems too laid-back, and seems more like a watcher to me (based on his last ability).
Tiruin (You) has been ok, but his reasons for actioning folks seem kind-of off.

The most scummy imo are Irony and Book. It seems that he's firm in his decision to stay silent, so I'll vote Bookthras as well when Hapah answers my question.
PFP

Read my post to Book. If we lynch town and they die we'll go into the night 2-2-1 town-scum-Book (if he's a survivor), and if that happens I'll pewpew.
Okay, that makes sense.
Bookthras, last time to claim.

Which completely evades my own question of "Why are you afraid of Hapah's action." - This is where I say that Hapah is most presumably town. He claimed the 'Big Red Button' action - Doomsday, and yet didn't withhold it. With his line of reasoning, he would've withheld it given the current outlook of things if he was non-town.

Which leaves the question on why are you afraid of his ability. Town win when all antis are dead and cannot act.

TolyK: Add this to your questions-that-should-be-answered.

Why didn't it make sense earlier? Why did you withhold your vote until then?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2012, 04:54:34 pm »

PFP

Looks like Tolyk might not be joining us before day end. I feel reasonably confident about the lynch, but I would have liked him to weigh in all the same.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 06, 2012, 05:26:17 pm »

Sadly I can't post right now due to it bein 1 AM but I'll try to answer at least something.
I didn't claim intially because it was the action I thought I had wasted.
I used it on ZU because I really thought he was scum and pressured him in case he was immune to kills or somethig.

I am thinking of either !none-ing or Eradicating Irony. I hope to see if he goes anywhere (or stop him from going anywhere).
I thought of the possibility that he was marionetted or something (I remember a game where scum won with this tactic, some time ago), but I'm not quite sure.

Book, so you don't care about siding with scum or town as a survivor, right? Hm. But it would be bad to lynch town, otherwise Hapah uses his red button. Eh, I dunno where you enter the equation - too tired.

And tiruin - I'm (or rather was, still am but much less) afraid of hapah's ability because it seemed like a Watcher/SK ability-tpe-thing, and it seems like (if everyone didn't fakeclaim, which I doubt) I'm the only one who wouldn't survive it, which would lead to our loss. I'm pretty sure he's town, though, otherwise he would be okay with lynching someone like Book and then bombing to get rid of me.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »

No Extend? I just have an idea i'd like to tell tomorrow (well, today)) morning
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »

I think we're out of Extends for the day, but I'll put it up until Wuba confirms.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2012, 06:53:56 pm »

I think we're out of Extends for the day, but I'll put it up until Wuba confirms.
No more Extends.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »

Alright then. Guess it's time to roll the dice! Tolyk.

Also, please don't target me tonight. It might not end well.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 06, 2012, 08:55:07 pm »

A few thoughts:

Additionally: Are you responsible [...]
Your questions are tasty, and good with ketchup. Good thing I don't have to answer them on account of you already having everything you need and me being all bendy and stuff.

that's clearly a survivor role[...]
Yeah. You're absolute shit at it, though.
This, however, is true. I hadn't played a survivor in like forever, but hey, flailing about is also fun.

...either you've a restriction on giving straight information, or you're just playing with us.
This sentence is also 100% correct.

If No: state a four line poem. If yes: State a three line poem.
Cease your transgression, indiscretion causing indigestion, create repression for such obsession, your profession of regression and suggestion of aggression brings depression not confession!
This benign two line whine of mine unasks your neurotic question.

Tiruin: really? No vote with ten minutes to go? That's actually pretty suspicious of you...

Okay, it seems TolyK it is, then.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Night 3: Back To Black
« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2012, 10:37:10 pm »

Malfunctions detected in voting algorithm. Error: Cannot retrieve all votes.

"What?!" the scientist asks in a manner that implies he doesn't want an answer. "Bah! We'll just use these ones. They're just as good."

He takes the two pointing at TolyK to indicate that he's the culprit and gently crushes him with 60 tons of steel. Well, he pressed the button gently.

An explosion goes off from under the metal press, and TolyK jumps out, rolling to a stop while simultaneously pulling out a really wicked-looking gun. His cape flails in the newly created wind.

"Nobody move. Or everyone dies."

"There's no way you can take all of us," yells random player #3.

"Oh... really?" And suddenly his gun points... straight at me! Ah! What!?

Gasps echo throughout the room.

"That's right. I'll kill webadict. Right now, as he writes this whole thing."

Well, I'm in quite the pickle now it seems, readers!

"Wait a second," says random player #7, "but there's a problem here."

"Huh?" asks TolyK.

"You're meta-gaming."

TolyK's face goes white and his cape no longer flaps. Suddenly, his gun whirs, steadily getting louder and louder. "No!" he says. "No, I mean, I'll kill WUBA, the computer!" But it was too late, as the implosion engulfed him. Nothing stood where he was, except some burn marks that spelled out "MAFIA".

Vote Count
------------------------
IronyOwl -
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Tiruin -
TolyK - Hapah, Bookthras,
Jim Groovester -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin,

2 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

TolyK has been lynched!

TolyK was the Binary Weapon-using Eradicator of the Meta-roles (mafia).

It is now Night.

TolyK - Binary Weapon-using Eradicator of the Meta-roles

Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and all other killing roles are dead.

(Auto) Anti-Metagamer: You ignore all Auto abilities except your own, including those that modify the game.
(Auto) Eradicate: Your weapons are set to auto-eradicate, destroying a random Auto ability of any player you target with any ability. You may choose to not apply this to any action.
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Binary Bomb [target]: The target and whoever the target was targeting are poisoned. You cannot be poisoned. These players die at the end of the following Day.
(Night) Inactivation [target]: Delay the target by one Night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Night 4: Eradicated.
« Reply #506 on: November 08, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »

After a long period of darkness, the lights switch back on. Besides the already dead members of your party, it appears no one else has been injured.

Tragic.

No one has died.

Vote Count
------------------------
IronyOwl -
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Tiruin -
Jim Groovester -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin, Hapah, Bookthras, Jim Groovester, IronyOwl,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 5: All Subjects Unharmed
« Reply #507 on: November 08, 2012, 01:46:33 pm »

Alright boys and girls, time to claim those actions!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 08, 2012, 03:05:39 pm »

Bah, stupid weapon malfunction. I should've tweaked it to not take me to literally...

But damn was that a fun role!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 08, 2012, 04:23:34 pm »

I did nothing. I couldn't figure out a target that would have an appreciable benefit. I.E.,

Bookthras - Hell no, also, wouldn't do anything
Tiruin - I suspect he's the final scum, don't want to make him immune to redirects
Hapah - Ha yeah great idea
IronyOwl - Wouldn't do anything

So I sat on my hands.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40