Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76796 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #465 on: November 02, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

That might be a good idea, yeah. But I'm worried about Hapah's ability...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 02, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »

For someone who's worried about Hapah's ability, it doesn't seem like you're too worried about it. Or anything in general.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 02, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »

That passive aggressive jab at TolyK didn't come out right.

I meant to say,

If you're so worried about it, then how come you're not doing anything about it? No vote cast, no nothing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 02, 2012, 03:56:16 pm »

PFP

Tolyk: I only plan to fire the pewpew laser if we mislynch.

Book: Are you odds of surviving Light of Judgment 100% this night? Because if we mislynch, I'm firing it. And if your survival isn't guaranteed, you've got an interest in helping us piece together who the scum are. Anything you claim will help you.

Tir:
Tir: Does Body Swap switch wincons as well, or just roles?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 02, 2012, 05:59:10 pm »

Book: Are you odds of surviving Light of Judgment 100% this night? Because if we mislynch, I'm firing it. And if your survival isn't guaranteed,
What do you mean by mislynch? If you lynch me and I don't die (as I claimed), would you fire it? How about if I do die and flip survivor? My survival is guaranteed once, and since I don't know what that Light of Judgement does or whether it would judge a survivor worthy, I'd prefer not to be lynched so I can be sure to survive the night.

you've got an interest in helping us piece together who the scum are. Anything you claim will help you.
I think it's pretty clear it's one of Jim or IronyOwl. Which one is for you guys to decide, I will support a lynch of either. What else do you need me to claim? I already said my role, alignment, and actions when people targeted me. The other nights I self-targeted with a hiding power. I have now also claimed that I have only one revive.

And if Jim or others think I can be bullied into claiming what I choose to keep silent by bullshit like "claim, asshole", then they don't know me very well.

But sure, Extend.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 02, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »

Claim how your redirect works and we can be done. You've already claimed your revive, what else is there to keep secret?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 02, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

I wasn't talking about lynching you, Book. I mean if we mislynch town (and they die, which isn't a given here, apparently) we go into the night 2-2-1, town-scum-you (I imagine a 2-man scum team in a 14-player game unlikely). If it gets to that point, I'm going to shoot my death laser beam. If you don't have a 100% chance to survive it, then you don't want that to happen, yes? If we lynch scum, I won't shoot it; it'd be doing more harm than good.

So you want to be as clear as possible, so that I don't have to use the ability that, by definition, kills everyone that isn't me (Protip: That includes you.) I don't care about the revive, all I care about is getting to the bottom of all the redirection and/or randomization bullshit that has been frustrating me (us!) all day. So if you can, shed some light

-Was whatever caused the clusterfuck N2 a reflect? scattershot randomization? I'm guessing it had a percent chance? Can you post the wording? Did it do anything N3?
-Did you do anything that could have caused the Tolyk/IO contradiction N3?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »

The Day is Extended until next Tuesday.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:29 pm »

@Hapah
Tir: Does Body Swap switch wincons as well, or just roles?
That would be truly amazing. But no, just the whole ability list and role name, as far as Web says. Vague Wuba is vague. :/

Why you asking?
In short: Just roles. Abilities down to the exact word of how they were stated and such.

TolyK
You're worried about everything.

Where is your anything to help you fix your worries?

Wait a second. It's almost day end?
Great. We still haven't figured much out, other than that there's likely a redirector around here.

What are your reads on everyone?

Bookthras
Book: Are you odds of surviving Light of Judgment 100% this night? Because if we mislynch, I'm firing it. And if your survival isn't guaranteed,
What do you mean by mislynch? If you lynch me and I don't die (as I claimed), would you fire it? How about if I do die and flip survivor? My survival is guaranteed once, and since I don't know what that Light of Judgement does or whether it would judge a survivor worthy, I'd prefer not to be lynched so I can be sure to survive the night.

you've got an interest in helping us piece together who the scum are. Anything you claim will help you.
I think it's pretty clear it's one of Jim or IronyOwl. Which one is for you guys to decide, I will support a lynch of either. What else do you need me to claim? I already said my role, alignment, and actions when people targeted me. The other nights I self-targeted with a hiding power. I have now also claimed that I have only one revive.
You know...the best thing you can do is just claim what damn abilities you have so we can sort out this madness.

Because by inferring on your case [Hail to Bookthras, hider of plain sights!], I can't see anything other than 'I hid', because that can mean anything at all.

And if Jim or others think I can be bullied into claiming what I choose to keep silent by bullshit like "claim, asshole", then they don't know me very well.
I'm not a person who uses expletives, so I'll ask you here.

Why are you withholding your claim?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 03, 2012, 06:39:54 am »

Tiruin:
@Those questions: Yes I was assuming you sent the bear at Jim, hence me targeting the bear which would explain why I suspected you when you said that.
This isn't answering my questions. You can tell because I included explaining why you thought you had already answered them.

Bookthras:
I think it's pretty clear it's one of Jim or IronyOwl. Which one is for you guys to decide, I will support a lynch of either.
So you're passively willing to say the last scum (and there's only one left because...?) is one of the two people voting you, and you're magnanimously willing to help lynch whichever one of them everyone else is prepared to build a case on.

This'd be cute if you weren't already confirmed non-town.

What else do you need me to claim? I already said my role, alignment, and actions when people targeted me. The other nights I self-targeted with a hiding power. I have now also claimed that I have only one revive.
How about a full, concise claim like everyone else gave? You've got this weird (ie scummy) habit of nudging out little bits of info while trying to claim they're as good as the full thing.

Hence the murder. I had also assumed logic would work, but instead you decided to pull this shit, which served no purpose but to cover your fakeclaiming ass.

Also, I was reading back through the thread, and I have to say you did not seem to be playing like a survivor. Which is odd in general, but it's downright fascinating when at massclaim MYLO you suddenly clam up and are terrified of kills, to the point where the secrets of how you avoid them have to be guarded at all costs.

Hapah, when are you going to vote someone?

TolyK, when are you going to do anything at all? You haven't even given those notes you said you were going to, much less done any scumhunting or similar.

Also, I was reading back through the thread and remembered something I think we've forgotten:

Shakerag was found beaten to death!
"Found beaten to death?" I'm not sure if this is worth looking into or not, but it's definitely strange and definitely not something we've talked about.

The most obvious solution is that someone had some kind of day poison ability, or else a daykill he only processed at day end anyway. This raises the obvious question as to who would do such a thing, though- he had claimed Outsider at the time, so it'd presumably be a townie, but nobody living or dead has anything like that, as far as they've claimed.

The alternative is that he had some weird auto or other ability that wasn't revealed on death. I guess if he blew his entire credit line on a single failed gamble that might work, but he certainly didn't seem desperate at day's end.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 03, 2012, 12:28:26 pm »

PFP

I assumed it was because he revealed himself to be a bastard role when his name has Secret in it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 03, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »

Hapah
PFP

I assumed it was because he revealed himself to be a bastard role when his name has Secret in it.
Who was this answer directed to? Was it talking about Shakerag's first claim or his flip?

IronyOwl
Tiruin:
@Those questions: Yes I was assuming you sent the bear at Jim, hence me targeting the bear which would explain why I suspected you when you said that.
This isn't answering my questions. You can tell because I included explaining why you thought you had already answered them.
Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
I guess this was a misunderstanding? I stand by what I said above - I thought you did send that bear onto Jim, and thus my target of you shifted to your bear, which then shifted towards Jim...well, still the bear, but taking from

Offspring of Annie and Veigar.

(auto): Guardian Tibbers. Anyone attempting to action me actions Tibbers instead. This fails once Tibbers is dead. I will receive notice if Tibbers is slain, but otherwise could not get any information from webs.
(auto): Half-Yordle. 50% chance to redirect kills to myself.
1-shot, Night: Your Bear Tibbers. Targeted player receives the auto Guardian Tibbers.
1-shot, Day: Parental Guidance: Your vote instantly lynches the target today.

So I got the conclusion that I targeted you > hit Tibbers > got sent on my merry way to Jim along with Tibbers, as the 'me' would refer to the bearer of the teddy bear in which case would be Jim - while it does say <auto> [which would infer that it would be a personal ability, the one-shot Bear-shift would transfer the whole package], is what I concluded upon.

TolyK
TolyK

Wait a second. It's almost day end?
Great. We still haven't figured much out, other than that there's likely a redirector around here.

What are your reads on everyone?
Why are you worried about Hapah's ability?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2012, 02:03:38 am »

Post.
Have a huge post saved
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »

If you're so worried about it, then how come you're not doing anything about it? No vote cast, no nothing.
I'm not that worried about that, I just stated that.

PFP

Tolyk: I only plan to fire the pewpew laser if we mislynch.
What do you mean by "mislynch"?

Quote from: Tiruin
TolyK

What? I don't understand this question.

TolyK, when are you going to do anything at all? You haven't even given those notes you said you were going to, much less done any scumhunting or similar.
I actually don't know, sadly. I keep trying to get to it but am stopped by various factors.
Also, I was reading back through the thread and remembered something I think we've forgotten:

Shakerag was found beaten to death!
"Found beaten to death?" I'm not sure if this is worth looking into or not, but it's definitely strange and definitely not something we've talked about.

The most obvious solution is that someone had some kind of day poison ability, or else a daykill he only processed at day end anyway. This raises the obvious question as to who would do such a thing, though- he had claimed Outsider at the time, so it'd presumably be a townie, but nobody living or dead has anything like that, as far as they've claimed.

The alternative is that he had some weird auto or other ability that wasn't revealed on death. I guess if he blew his entire credit line on a single failed gamble that might work, but he certainly didn't seem desperate at day's end.
The funny thing is that his autos didn't affect me at all, so he could've won but not won. It might have also been a vigilante kill someone didn't claim.

Quote from: Tiruin
something like "who do you suspect"
Bookthras is being very uncooperative, seems non-town.
IronyOwl has been very logical, the only problem so far is the conflict in claims.
Jim seems to be most town-like, his pushing for claiming seems natural.
Hapah has been sick, so I don't know. He seems too laid-back, and seems more like a watcher to me (based on his last ability).
Tiruin (You) has been ok, but his reasons for actioning folks seem kind-of off.

The most scummy imo are Irony and Book. It seems that he's firm in his decision to stay silent, so I'll vote Bookthras as well when Hapah answers my question.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 05, 2012, 01:31:58 pm »

PFP

Read my post to Book. If we lynch town and they die we'll go into the night 2-2-1 town-scum-Book (if he's a survivor), and if that happens I'll pewpew.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40