Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76780 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2012, 12:30:17 pm »

It's wednesday morning, and I have a week-long break starting tomorrow.
Derp, I forgot to send this... but it still applies. I'mma post all claimed roles in a bit, then some notes that occurred to me while I was away.
Quick answers, if you want more indepth just ask.
the contradiction between Tolyk and IO,
TolyK: where are you? Please weigh in. There exist some inconsistencies that you must explain.

1) Do you know whether you had access to IronyOwl's Parental Guidance thing?
2) Why did you kill Zombie? You said only he was "strange," please be more explicit.
3) What did you mean by this?:
But I saw you go to him... the hell?
1. I don't know. I'll check when I get back home, but I don't think so.
2. I can bring up quotes later. ZU also had that auto with one cycle, which may have been it or may not have been.
3. I saw that he visited Jim.

Tiruin don't answer others' questions please.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

...FoS because I'm answering others' questions? Why an FoS, and not a vote?

What questions would that be, TolyK?

2. I can bring up quotes later. ZU also had that auto with one cycle, which may have been it or may not have been.

'May not have been?'

Why the vagueness?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:36 pm »

Offspring of Annie and Veigar.

(auto): Guardian Tibbers. Anyone attempting to action me actions Tibbers instead. This fails once Tibbers is dead. I will receive notice if Tibbers is slain, but otherwise could not get any information from webs.
(auto): Half-Yordle. 50% chance to redirect kills to myself.
1-shot, Night: Your Bear Tibbers. Targeted player receives the auto Guardian Tibbers.
1-shot, Day: Parental Guidance: Your vote instantly lynches the target today.

I have not actioned nor been actioned all game, as far as I'm aware. Tibbers has also not been slain.

I am the Binary Eradicator of the Meta Roles
(Auto) Anti-Metagamer: I ignore game-modifying Auto abilities.
(Auto) Find by IP: I have a 50% chance to see who my target was targeting (during an action).
(Night) Eradicate: I can remove someone's auto ability (only one random one).
(Night, 1-shot) Inactivation [target]: Target cannot action the next night.
(Night, 1-shot) Binary Bomb [target]: Target is poisoned and dies at the end of the next day.

Night 1: Binary Bomb on Zombie Urist. Find by IP did not work. {He died later, sadly}
Night 2: Eradicate on Hapah. Find by IP worked. Was targeting Book.
Night 3: Inactivation on IronyOwl. Find by IP worked. Was targeting Jim.

I am Bruce, Chief Research Poet of the University of Woolamaloo, and I am a Survivor.

As to my powers, they are pretty cowardly, and basically involve several ways of me hiding. I guess that's the reason Hapah's Deity thing didn't hit, as I was hiding.
Since remaining alive is my only goal, I think it would be unwise to detail what hiding resources I have used or have still available, so I'll limit my claim to say that I have one of those "cannot be lynched" things, so voting me is a waste of time, and getting rid of me wouldn't improve either scum or town's chances of victory.

N1: Brave Sir Bookthras hid away. Bravely hid away, away!
N2: When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled.
N3: Yes, brave Sir Bookthras turned about and gallantly he chickened out.
N4: Bravely taking to his feet he beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Bookthras!

I am Jim Groovester's Jimbot Army.

(Auto) Army: I have two recruits I can use to power various abilities. If I die, I revive at the cost of a recruit.
(Night) Camouflage: I pick a target and that target is immune to redirects, randomizations, and roleblocks. I can spend a recruit to protect the target and prevent him from using kill actions.
(Night, 1-shot) : Spy: I learn who the target targeted and with what and who was targetting the target. This comes at the cost of 1 recruit.

On N1 I used Camouflage on IronyOwl, in thinking that he was town. On N2 and N3 I used it on Bookthras, for the same reasons.
I used <Spy> on Night 2 on Bookthras. I learned that Bookthras, Hapah, and Tiruin targeted Bookthras that night. Based on the claims so far, I also learned that Bookthras targeted Hapah with Hapah's Deity ability which is actually called Goddess. Additionally, I know what it does and why he's reluctant to claim.

I am Kefka.

(1-Shot, Night) Devil: Blocks all actions used against you during this Night.
(1-Shot, Night) Hellion [target]: Delays the target. If the target is targeting you, they are blocked.
(1-Shot, Night) Diety [target]: [REDACTED]
(Night) Judgment: This is only usable after you have used Devil, Hellion, and Diety. You kill everyone else.

N1 I used Hellion on Penngo, N2 I used Diety on Book (more on that below), and N3 I used Devil.

I am a Kitsune.

(Auto) Long Life: I revive once on death
(Night) Possession: I make my target immune to any kill for the night. If the target is hit by a killing ability, then I will die in his stead.
(1-Shot) Body Swap [target1] [target2]: Target1 switches roles with target2. I cannot target myself with this.
(1-Shot) Spirit Form: I am untargetable by all actions, other than auto abilities for the current phase.

I cannot (obviously) use Possession on myself.

N1: Protected nobody, because I was unsure about the outcome of the first night (ie working under the suspicion that the scumteam have powerful abilities in their hands - the appearance of someone reviving was also a factor in my indecision because...well, seeing others revive was surprising.)
N2: Protected Hapah because of how he presented his case against penngo.
N3: Protected IronyOwl. Due to (ok, despite) his shortness of posts, he's been able to place direct and thought-provoking questions in mostly every one of them.

My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:31 pm »

Questions addressed to other people :P

'May not have been?'

Why the vagueness?
Because I'm not sure whether it actually went through, or if the poison acted later, or something like that. But I know that I was the one who started his death.

Hold on, I'm drawing a scheme of actions and such.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »

Questions addressed to other people :P

'May not have been?'

Why the vagueness?
Because I'm not sure whether it actually went through, or if the poison acted later, or something like that. But I know that I was the one who started his death.

Hold on, I'm drawing a scheme of actions and such.
Poison whatnow?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »

Binary bomb.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 31, 2012, 02:09:35 pm »

Oh god I'm dying.

Did the extend go through?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

What. You're dying? How should we understand that?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 31, 2012, 02:25:51 pm »

Sorry, I've got a real bad stomach bug. Life isn't fun at the moment. Did we get the extension?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 31, 2012, 05:07:23 pm »

Sorry, I've got a real bad stomach bug. Life isn't fun at the moment. Did we get the extension?
Eugh, good luck with this.

Extend. Real post in a bit.

webadict:
webadict: If a player uses an action that provides descriptive results, and is redirected, would their descriptions match their intended target or their actual one?
This has, and always will be, their ACTUAL TARGET. Hence why I do not give out who anyone ended up targeting.
In other words, watch/follows/inspect descriptions don't include names?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »

webadict:
webadict: If a player uses an action that provides descriptive results, and is redirected, would their descriptions match their intended target or their actual one?
This has, and always will be, their ACTUAL TARGET. Hence why I do not give out who anyone ended up targeting.
In other words, watch/follows/inspect descriptions don't include names?
They include names. It just won't show you who you used it on, barring external influences (though, a role-inspect would, as a consequence)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 31, 2012, 10:11:20 pm »

Extend; Votecount?

Unsure if it was extended or not, but sorely busy right now :/

Also, get well soon Hapah!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 31, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »

Extended to Friday. Vote count... eventually.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2012, 12:47:36 am »

Tiruin:
I am responding to your posts. I said, if there is anything I missed or failed to understand, please quote me, because I see I answered all your questions.
In that case, please include an explanation for why you thought you had answered each of the following along with actually answering them:

Jim wouldn't have died either way because I would know.
What?

Also, why mention your bear anyway if you didn't action it on Jim?
Because it was a way to describe an obvious flaw in Jim's assertion that I was probably scum based on TolyK's claim.

What did you make of that assertion at the time, by the way?

Also, your bear is still alive even if you did send it to Jim and I'm totally confused on how that could have protected him. Jim got hit, and seeing your claim, it means that Jim shouldn't have died.
This has nothing to do with anything. How and why did you come to a conclusion like this?

I also want to hear what that "crippled scumteam" question was about.
@Second: I wondered what you were talking about there and how anything could be a crippled scumteam.
So you wondered what I was talking about nestled in a pyramid of quotes explaining what I was talking about?

That would have required not revealing rather significant amounts of my role, wouldn't you say?
@This - what do you think I'm asking you?
It wasn't a question and you haven't had a coherent line of questioning spanning your posts, but in general something along the lines of "Did you actually send your bear, who you didn't say could action but actually can, to Jim N3? I'm not so much concerned about the fact that you suddenly have an actioning bear you declined to mention earlier, but please tell me if some superposition of TolyK seeing you and you claiming he'd see your bear means you and/or your bear actioned Jim."

It's kind of hard to come up with a completely coherent question, since you're asking if TolyK's claim on me is accurate based on a phrase I used involving my bear, but some malformed ballpark of that sounds about right.

That would have required not revealing rather significant amounts of my role, wouldn't you say?
Significant amounts? I'm looking at it from what you said yourself.
Oh. Well then, do I look like ballsy scum that would hide a lot of his role and then let it slip for... whatever reason I'd have had to mention by trump bear all of a sudden?

If the answer is no, then that's a stupid line of reasoning and you should have figured something like that out instead of jumping to my secret bear agent. If yes, you're being awfully passive about someone who's fakeclaiming during MYLO.

I am the Offspring of Annie and Veigar.

(auto): Guardian Tibbers. Anyone attempting to action me actions Tibbers instead. This fails once Tibbers is dead. I will receive notice if Tibbers is slain, but otherwise could not get any information from webs.
(auto): Half-Yordle. 50% chance to redirect kills to myself.
1-shot, Night: Your Bear Tibbers. Targeted player receives the auto Guardian Tibbers.
1-shot, Day: Parental Guidance: Your vote instantly lynches the target today.

I have not actioned nor been actioned all game, as far as I'm aware. Tibbers has also not been slain.

Call me totally confused.

You say that the bear - who is called Tibbers would be doing nothing. Here, it says otherwise.
If you still think I'm saying that Tibbers can do shit in the post you just linked, I need to use smaller words:

No, I didn't. I said that if TolyK was telling the truth and correct in his target, my bear was visiting Jim N3.
TolyK claims he targeted me.
If this is true, he actually targeted my bear.

THEREFORE, if TolyK is correct he was viewing my bear.

TolyK claimed he viewed his target visiting Jim.
My bear cannot visit Jim.

THEREFORE, TolyK did not observe my bear.
ALSO THEREFORE, TolyK did not observe me.

You, for some reason, went with the slightly more blatantly retarded version of:

TolyK claims he targeted IronyOwl.
IronyOwl claims Tolyk would have seen his bear instead.

THEREFORE, IronyOwl has an actioning bear he didn't tell us about.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 01, 2012, 07:53:38 am »

No, I didn't. I said that if TolyK was telling the truth and correct in his target, my bear was visiting Jim N3.
TolyK claims he targeted me.
If this is true, he actually targeted my bear.

THEREFORE, if TolyK is correct he was viewing my bear.

TolyK claimed he viewed his target visiting Jim.
My bear cannot visit Jim.

THEREFORE, TolyK did not observe my bear.
ALSO THEREFORE, TolyK did not observe me.

You, for some reason, went with the slightly more blatantly retarded version of:

TolyK claims he targeted IronyOwl.
IronyOwl claims Tolyk would have seen his bear instead.

THEREFORE, IronyOwl has an actioning bear he didn't tell us about.
Hm.
Now that you mention that, I was never actually told who I saw go to Jim. It might have been your bear, it might have been you, it might have been someone I was redirected to. But that person can't action the next night, so that's good.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40