Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76745 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #405 on: October 30, 2012, 04:17:40 am »

(Night, 1-shot) : Spy: I learn who the target targeted and with what and who was targetting the target.
I used this on Night 2 on Bookthras. I learned that Bookthras, Hapah, and Tiruin targeted Bookthras that night.
That is consistent with what I know. I targeted myself with a mirror ability, so it makes sense that when Hapah came a-knocking, his action bounced off and back onto him. Don't know about Tiruin, though, but I can say it wasn't a kill that he used on me (we'd know). I got no N2 message in any case (either about Hapah or Tiruin).

Then how come my 1-shot didn't get reflected right back on to me but it did for Hapah?

That makes a lot of sense. Funny how you think he is scum but aren't voting him...

It's almost like I want a useless asshole to fully claim.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:17 pm »

Sorry for no post, kinda sick.

Quote from: Tir
Hapah: No auto you're hiding there? Seems like you may be hiding it since I'm guessing it was destroyed by Eradicate. Also, what exactly does your Deity do? Any 'if's or conditions where it will reflect back to you?
I lost no Auto abilities to Eradicate, no. Where'd this come from? And no, there's nothing in the Diety (Goddess, actually, Jim's right about that) description that implies it would bounce back.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 30, 2012, 03:10:47 pm »

Jim:
(Night, 1-shot) : Spy: I learn who the target targeted and with what and who was targetting the target. This comes at the cost of 1 recruit.

I used this on Night 2 on Bookthras. I learned that Bookthras, Hapah, and Tiruin targeted Bookthras that night. Based on the claims so far, I also learned that Bookthras targeted Hapah with Hapah's Deity ability which is actually called Goddess. Additionally, I know what it does and why he's reluctant to claim.

My intent was to either catch Bookthras committing the nightkill or to catch somebody in the act of killing Bookthras. It appears I'm not that lucky in this game.

This confirm parts of Hapah's, Tiruin's, and TolyK's claim. If I knew what Bookthras' claim was it could confirm parts of that too, ergo he's a useless asshole. My guess is that he has some active or passive redirection ability.
If you learn who the target targeted and with what, why are you familiar with Hapah's Goddess and not Zathras' mirror?

Also, IronyOwl is scum, probably, seeing as how TolyK has him visiting me Night 3. If his role is accurate, it would also explain the lack of kills, i.e., he chose to avoid using them so that they didn't come back to bite him in the ass.
Also, this is dumb. If my role is accurate, TolyK should have seen my bear visiting you N3. It would also make for an absolutely crippled scumteam.

Hapah, how do you feel about being the only player in the game to not have any claimed or confirmed Auto abilities?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 30, 2012, 04:05:00 pm »

PFP

IO: Fine. I mean, I did get 4 night actions, and one of them is kinda a show-stopper. It'd be kinda nuts if I had an auto or two to go with it, yeah?

Quote from: IO
Also, this is dumb. If my role is accurate, TolyK should have seen my bear visiting you N3. It would also make for an absolutely crippled scumteam.
How so?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 30, 2012, 04:21:02 pm »

Hapah:
IO: Fine. I mean, I did get 4 night actions, and one of them is kinda a show-stopper. It'd be kinda nuts if I had an auto or two to go with it, yeah?
I suppose, but doesn't the symmetry seem off to you?

How so?
For the first, anyone targeting me targets Tibbers instead. That shouldn't qualify as "game-changing," so his auto shouldn't have affected it and he should have seen my bear. Who, for obvious reasons, probably shouldn't have been targeting anyone.

For the second, because until I died the scumkill would literally harm them as much as it would their target. Even in a game without revives and protects around every corner that'd be pretty ridiculous. As it stands, it'd be outright insane.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:11 pm »

If you learn who the target targeted and with what, why are you familiar with Hapah's Goddess and not Zathras' mirror?

That's a great question. I want to know the answer too.

Which is why I think it's imperative to get Bookthras to claim.

Also, IronyOwl is scum, probably, seeing as how TolyK has him visiting me Night 3. If his role is accurate, it would also explain the lack of kills, i.e., he chose to avoid using them so that they didn't come back to bite him in the ass.

If your claim is accurate, then TolyK should not have seen anything at all.

So... why did he? And why aren't you trying to figure that out instead of lashing out at me for making a logical deduction?

Tiruin, explain what you were doing visiting Bookthras Night 2 when you claimed to have visited Hapah.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »

Also, will be busy, will try to post, may not be able to, fair warning, etc. etc.

Extend please.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 30, 2012, 05:00:10 pm »

Hapah:
I suppose, but doesn't the symmetry seem off to you?
A little. This game has already been full of surprises, though: I really wasn't expecting anyone to not have a repeatable night action, and yet ZU only had one and you've only claimed one. Heck, ZU's role was basically wait around to die.

How so?
For the first, anyone targeting me targets Tibbers instead. That shouldn't qualify as "game-changing," so his auto shouldn't have affected it and he should have seen my bear. Who, for obvious reasons, probably shouldn't have been targeting anyone.

For the second, because until I died the scumkill would literally harm them as much as it would their target. Even in a game without revives and protects around every corner that'd be pretty ridiculous. As it stands, it'd be outright insane.
Maybe inspects/tracks/etc can't tell the difference? And yeah, if your auto does what you say, it would be a little odd.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:34 pm »

Hapah
I lost no Auto abilities to Eradicate, no. Where'd this come from? And no, there's nothing in the Diety (Goddess, actually, Jim's right about that) description that implies it would bounce back.

The Eradicate, in context of TolyK's claim.

Jim
Tiruin, explain what you were doing visiting Bookthras Night 2 when you claimed to have visited Hapah.
I used Possession on Hapah. I have no idea how it hit Bookthras at all. I'm under the impression that either there's a redirector that is scum [nobody claimed redirect and my type of redirect deals with the role so hence that.], there is something inherently wrong with TolyK's Watcher ability [or someone tampered with it], there is someone here with the abilities of a Bus Driver [is the context right? - Flash Mafia] or we really need Bookthras to claim. Either way, Hapah or Bookthras, nobody targeted them with a kill (a direct one, as far as I'm thinking but nobody died in D3 so leaning on 'nobody targeted them with a kill')

IronyOwl
How so?

Hmm.

So you say that you did act in N3 instead of doing nothing. Which coincides with what TolyK saw.

Which means that if you did so, then I should've died before protecting Tibbers. Which I didn't. TolyK also saw you instead of your bear, somehow.

Alright, assuming you did such - why did you target Jim? Next, why did you lie about misclaiming a N3 action? Also, 'absolutely crippled scumteam'?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 30, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

the contradiction between Tolyk and IO,
TolyK: where are you? Please weigh in. There exist some inconsistencies that you must explain.

1) Do you know whether you had access to IronyOwl's Parental Guidance thing?
2) Why did you kill Zombie? You said only he was "strange," please be more explicit.
3) What did you mean by this?:
But I saw you go to him... the hell?

Jim: you said about Irony's claim:
he chose to avoid using them so that they didn't come back to bite him in the ass.
For those of us who don't know the difference between laughing out loud and some league or another of so-called legends, what does "Tibbers" mean?

Hapah: TolyK claims he removed an action from you. Is that correct? What was it?

[[unrelated]]

Mod: please prod TolyK, and give us a vote count.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 30, 2012, 10:59:15 pm »

I don't play League of Legends, so I don't have a fucking clue.

Claim, asshole.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 30, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »

Book, why don't you just claim as a survivor. Reluctance in doing so (after being poked) really makes me doubt that you are a survivor. Because survivors win if they...survive.

the contradiction between Tolyk and IO,
TolyK: where are you? Please weigh in. There exist some inconsistencies that you must explain.

1) Do you know whether you had access to IronyOwl's Parental Guidance thing?
2) Why did you kill Zombie? You said only he was "strange," please be more explicit.
3) What did you mean by this?:
But I saw you go to him... the hell?

He said it right here.
So what's stopping you? You've been faffing about all day, getting jack shit done, and now you need me to show up so you can ask me things?
Are you sure you haven't actioned Night 3? Not on Jim by any chance?

Which means that he did see Irony act judging from his claim. And Irony's reveal.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2012, 11:23:01 pm »

I don't play League of Legends, so I don't have a fucking clue.
Then how were you so sure to say "he chose to avoid using them so that they didn't come back to bite him in the ass"? You here explicitly intimated knowledge of how Irony's ability would have worked. Who's Tibbers? who's beared them? What implications does that have? You seemed to know that at the time... not that I really want to point that out, it's just there.

Claim, asshole.
Bite me. I've claimed all I'm prepared to, but I'll be condescending to the slower sections of the class and point out some clues:
Then how come my 1-shot didn't get reflected right back on to me but it did for Hapah?
Don't know about Tiruin, though, but I can say it wasn't a kill that he used on me (we'd know).
My guess is that he has some active or passive redirection ability.
That is a good guess.

You don't need more than this to understand the specifics of the mirror, and the reason I don't want to spell it out. If you say you do, then you are lying, and you are adding that lie to your previous about your N2 action (when you said you protected me), deflection attempts, and your flat denial of knowing something you earlier said you knew about (Irony's action). Not that it means you are scum. Oh, no. We survivors would never want to antagonise the likes of you at this point of the game. But still: bite me.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2012, 11:25:52 pm »

Massclaim.

We claimed.

Actions.

Descriptions.

Time at which actions were used.

Bookthras.

Are you just making us beg the question?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »

Massclaim. We claimed. Actions. Descriptions. Time at which actions were used.
Have we? we still don't know about Hapah's Deity thing, or about TolyK's contradiction, or about Jim's recruit army, or about a bunch of other things. You obviously don't know as much as you think you know. Don't lay it all on my shoulders, ask yourself instead: who's actually lying?

Book, why don't you just claim as a survivor.
I did:
I am Bruce, Chief Research Poet of the University of Woolamaloo, and I am a Survivor.
I just choose not to disclose what abilities I have left to ensure my survival. My previous actions have been spelled out as much as they need to be to confirm or refute others' results.

Bookthras. Are you just making us beg the question?
Which question? Please beg harder, I think I missed it.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40