Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76746 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #375 on: October 27, 2012, 12:41:08 pm »

No posts? Really?
Also, it's "Six Men Walk Into A Bar", Wuba. :P
Sure it is.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 27, 2012, 04:40:21 pm »

I'd guess both, yeah?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 27, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »

No posts? Really?
Well, it's weekend. But also: utterly confoosed.

These deathless nights are weird. By my count: N1: no deaths; N2: no deaths; N3: Jim died and revived. What can this mean? I'm thinking the scum is not the traditional killing kind, but rather arsonists or something like that, and we'll all go up in flames together at some point. Or maybe a cult, but by this point it would be obvious if it was... I don't see it. Otherwise, it means people have been getting lucky with blocks and protections and not claiming it, but I doubt that'd be the case by day freakin' four. So mark me utterly confoosed.

It also sucks that both Dariush and penngo flipped town, leaving me with no useful reads. We'll have to work on that. Though I have a pretty busy weekend.

TolyK: please tell us a bit about how you came to be King-mod-and-überspeaker on D3, and what your second choices for your vote were.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2012, 06:04:04 pm »

I think we should mass claim. As the target of the night kill I reserve the right to withhold portions of my role.

I am Jim Groovester's Jimbot Army.

(Auto) Army: I have two recruits I can use to power various abilities. If I die, I revive at the cost of a recruit.
(Night) Camouflage: I pick a target and that target is immune to redirects, randomizations, and roleblocks. I can spend a recruit to protect the target and prevent him from using kill actions.
( ? ) : ??????: ??????????????????????????

What is this mysterious final ability? Everyone will have to claim to find out.

On N1 I used Camouflage on IronyOwl, in thinking that he was town. On N2 and N3 I used it on Bookthras, for the same reasons.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:30 am »

Yeah, claims are probably the way to go! I changed the names because I don't know if I can quote them directly out of the PM..

I am Kefka.

(1-Shot, Night) Devil: Blocks all actions used against you during this Night.
(1-Shot, Night) Hellion [target]: Delays the target. If the target is targeting you, they are blocked.
(1-Shot, Night) Diety [target]: [REDACTED]
(Night) Judgment: This is only usable after you have used Devil, Hellion, and Diety. You kill everyone else.

I debated for a while on whether or not to claim the last ability, but decided to: we need to reach consensus on if/when I should fire it. I tend to agree that we have some sort of non-standard setup, so caution is definitely advised.

N1 I used Hellion on Penngo, N2 I used Diety on Book (more on that below), and N3 I used Devil.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with Diety; I apparently ended up using it on myself. I don't know if it was a redirect, reflection, copy, or what. If it landed on Book he would know, though, he would gain an ability.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 28, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

No posts? Really?
Well, it's weekend. But also: utterly confoosed.

These deathless nights are weird. By my count: N1: no deaths; N2: no deaths; N3: Jim died and revived. What can this mean? I'm thinking the scum is not the traditional killing kind, but rather arsonists or something like that, and we'll all go up in flames together at some point. Or maybe a cult, but by this point it would be obvious if it was... I don't see it. Otherwise, it means people have been getting lucky with blocks and protections and not claiming it, but I doubt that'd be the case by day freakin' four. So mark me utterly confoosed.
Actually: N1 - none, N2 - none, N3 - none, N4 - Jim died and revived.
If they are arsonists, then I think with 6 people left and 2 scum and 4 nights... they arsoned people who were later lynched?

TolyK: please tell us a bit about how you came to be King-mod-and-überspeaker on D3, and what your second choices for your vote were.
I thought I explained it well enough... anyways.
My auto was activated when Dariush's game-modifying auto was activated on his death.

I am the Binary Eradicator of the Meta Roles
(Auto) Anti-Metagamer: I ignore game-modifying Auto abilities.
(Auto) Find by IP: I have a 1/10 (that is, 50% - get it? :D) chance to <withheld>
(Night) Eradicate: I can remove someone's auto ability (only one random one).
(Night, 1-shot) Inactivation [target]: <withheld>

Hapah:
Your last ability seems... a little far-fetched, unless you're something like a watcher.

And where the hell is Irony? I want to ask him a question or two...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:05 am »

Ugh, busy as busy can be right now. Sorry for not posting earlier.

I am a Kitsune.

(Auto) Long Life: I revive once on death
(Night) Possession: I make my target immune to any kill for the night. If the target is hit by a killing ability, then I will die in his stead.
(1-Shot) Body Swap [target1] [target2]: Target1 switches roles with target2. I cannot target myself with this.
(1-Shot) Spirit Form: I am untargetable by all actions, other than auto abilities for the current phase.

I cannot (obviously) use Possession on myself.

I will withhold claiming what I used until everyone claims.

TolyK:
Hey, everyone, listen up! Your attention if you please!
Really wanna give you a warning 'cause I found out this morning
Of a dangerous, insidious player action

If you get a message with the subject "Take me please!"
Better not take any chances
Under no circumstances
Should you open it, or else it will...
What is this? Piques my interest. You sound like rhyming here.

I am the Binary Eradicator of the Meta Roles
(Auto) Anti-Metagamer: I ignore game-modifying Auto abilities.
(Auto) Find by IP: I have a 1/10 (that is, 50% - get it? :D) chance to <withheld>

(Night) Eradicate: I can remove someone's auto ability (only one random one).
(Night, 1-shot) Inactivation [target]: <withheld>
How is 1/10 == 50% ?  :-\
And why are you mentioning only part of what you claim if you'll just withhold the rest?

Also, you didn't answer who your second vote-choice was in Book's question. Who did you target by the way?

And lastly, can someone explain arson to me? New concept I haven't heard in any game I've played in. Isn't burning someone equating to a kill, already?

Kefka Hapah
I am Kefka.

(1-Shot, Night) Devil: Blocks all actions used against you during this Night.
(1-Shot, Night) Hellion [target]: Delays the target. If the target is targeting you, they are blocked.
(Night) Judgment: This is only usable after you have used Devil, Hellion, and Diety. You kill everyone else.

I debated for a while on whether or not to claim the last ability, but decided to: we need to reach consensus on if/when I should fire it. I tend to agree that we have some sort of non-standard setup, so caution is definitely advised.

N1 I used Hellion on Penngo, N2 I used Diety on Book (more on that below), and N3 I used Devil.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with Diety; I apparently ended up using it on myself. I don't know if it was a redirect, reflection, copy, or what. If it landed on Book he would know, though, he would gain an ability.
So Diety was something that gave an ability? Also, why redact it?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:35 am »

Are all of you fucking idiots?

Derp herp.

Since none of your abilities are investigatory in nature, I can completely understand why you're doing this, since there's literally no chance you could catch fakeclaims.

Claim your goddamn actions before I instinctively vote you for fakeclaiming.

<withheld>
. . .
<withheld>

Herp derp, yeah, claim half your role.

Good idea. Very helpful.

Claim the ability that kills everyone. Don't bother with the one before that.

That makes sense. True to the old proverb, in for the pound, not for the penny.

Did all of you miss the lesson in Mafia 202 where we covered what the whole fucking point of mass claiming was? It certainly was not to be cagey fucking bastards at milo.

Claim your goddamn actions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:38 am »

Are all of you fucking idiots?

Derp herp.

Since none of your abilities are investigatory in nature, I can completely understand why you're doing this, since there's literally no chance you could catch fakeclaims.

Claim your goddamn actions before I instinctively vote you for fakeclaiming.
What about protects? First time I've played as a protect - type including abilities that boost that protect, so hence me waiting for everyone to claim.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2012, 05:17:24 am »

Apologies for the delay. Still a bit under the weather.

I am the Offspring of Annie and Veigar.

(auto): Guardian Tibbers. Anyone attempting to action me actions Tibbers instead. This fails once Tibbers is dead. I will receive notice if Tibbers is slain, but otherwise could not get any information from webs.
(auto): Half-Yordle. 50% chance to redirect kills to myself.
1-shot, Night: Your Bear Tibbers. Targeted player receives the auto Guardian Tibbers.
?: I would rather not claim this, but I will if Jim insists, since he's both probably town and knows what he's doing.

I have not actioned nor been actioned all game, as far as I'm aware. Tibbers has also not been slain.

Hapah: Can Deity normally be used on yourself?

TolyK:
And where the hell is Irony? I want to ask him a question or two...
So what's stopping you? You've been faffing about all day, getting jack shit done, and now you need me to show up so you can ask me things?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 29, 2012, 05:28:30 am »

What about protects? First time I've played as a protect - type including abilities that boost that protect, so hence me waiting for everyone to claim.

You failed to successfully protect anybody seeing as how you have not died and come back to life yet.

How is this knowledge going to help you figure out fakeclaims?

It's not. Quit stalling for other claims so that you don't have imperfect information when you fakeclaim.

Hurry up, Tiruin.

?: I would rather not claim this, but I will if Jim insists, since he's both probably town and knows what he's doing.

You're not special.

Bookthras, all we need now is you to partially claim and complete this farce.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2012, 05:34:07 am »

I am the Offspring of Annie and Veigar.

(auto): Guardian Tibbers. Anyone attempting to action me actions Tibbers instead. This fails once Tibbers is dead. I will receive notice if Tibbers is slain, but otherwise could not get any information from webs.
(auto): Half-Yordle. 50% chance to redirect kills to myself.
1-shot, Night: Your Bear Tibbers. Targeted player receives the auto Guardian Tibbers.

I have not actioned nor been actioned all game, as far as I'm aware. Tibbers has also not been slain.
1-shot, Day: Parental Guidance: Your vote instantly lynches the target today.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:55 am »

Someone so ripped of BYOLOLC. Someone who is coincidentally named Wuba.

Also, worst town play ever. You guys are fucking idiots. /bah.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 29, 2012, 08:33:55 am »

You failed to successfully protect anybody seeing as how you have not died and come back to life yet.

How is this knowledge going to help you figure out fakeclaims?

It's not. Quit stalling for other claims so that you don't have imperfect information when you fakeclaim.

Hurry up, Tiruin.
Haha. Very funny. You seem to be looking at it from a strange point of view.

What imperfect information do I have, Jim? I know perfectly who I protected and to say otherwise is just a farce. Also, you seem interested in those who haven't claimed, all except for Bookthras.

And you ask him to partially claim. What are you hiding? And how in the world can I be fakeclaiming?

As the target of the night kill I reserve the right to withhold portions of my role.
Also, why this?

N1: Protected nobody, because I was unsure about the outcome of the first night (ie working under the suspicion that the scumteam have powerful abilities in their hands - the appearance of someone reviving was also a factor in my indecision because...well, seeing others revive was surprising.)
N2: Protected Hapah because of how he presented his case against penngo.
N3: Protected IronyOwl. Due to (ok, despite) his shortness of posts, he's been able to place direct and thought-provoking questions in mostly every one of them.

Everyone: Reasons why you picked your targets?

PPE: Dead Dariush.

Someone so ripped of BYOLOLC. Someone who is coincidentally named Wuba.

Also, worst town play ever. You guys are fucking idiots. /bah.
Thank you for including yourself there.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:01 am »

Quote from: Tolyk
Hapah:
Your last ability seems... a little far-fetched, unless you're something like a watcher.
No argument here. It is what it is, though! Looks like my gut feeling was right, though: It isn't the universal game-ender like it would be in a normal game.

Quote from: Tir
How is 1/10 == 50% ?  :-\
Binary.

So Diety was something that gave an ability? Also, why redact it?
Correct. And I'll claim the reasoning when I claim the ability, but suffice it to say I've got a reason for withholding the particulars.

And lastly, can someone explain arson to me? New concept I haven't heard in any game I've played in. Isn't burning someone equating to a kill, already?
May not be quite the same in forum mafia, but I imagine the idea is about the same. It's essentially a SK variant: usually has two abilities. One douses a target in gasoline (and they may or may not know they've been doused), and one burns all people previously doused.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Hapah: Can Deity normally be used on yourself?
Nope.

Quote from: Jim
Did all of you miss the lesson in Mafia 202 where we covered what the whole fucking point of mass claiming was? It certainly was not to be cagey fucking bastards at milo.

Claim your goddamn actions.
In the interest of clarity, I'll put the claims thus far below. Still need Tolyk's night actions and a claim at all from Book. Bolded claims are 100% complete.

Jim - Claimed night actions, withheld 1 ability
Hapah - Claimed night actions, withheld 1 ability
Irony - Claimed taking no night actions, claimed all abilities
Tolyk - No claimed night actions, withheld 2 abilities
Book - No claimed actions or abilities so far
Tir - Claimed all abilities and night actions

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40