Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76739 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »

So what's stopping you? You've been faffing about all day, getting jack shit done, and now you need me to show up so you can ask me things?
Are you sure you haven't actioned Night 3? Not on Jim by any chance?

TolyK:
*song*
What is this? Piques my interest. You sound like rhyming here.
It's a redone song (originally by Weird Al). It doesn't exactly have anything to do with the game.

So, uh. Everyone wants a fullclaim, so be it.

I am the Binary Eradicator of the Meta Roles
(Auto) Anti-Metagamer: I ignore game-modifying Auto abilities.
(Auto) Find by IP: I have a 50% chance to see who my target was targeting (during an action).
(Night) Eradicate: I can remove someone's auto ability (only one random one).
(Night, 1-shot) Inactivation [target]: Target cannot action the next night.
(Night, 1-shot) Binary Bomb [target]: Target is poisoned and dies at the end of the next day.

Night 1: Binary Bomb on Zombie Urist. Find by IP did not work. {He died later, sadly}
Night 2: Eradicate on Hapah. Find by IP worked. Was targeting Book.
Night 3: Inactivation on IronyOwl. Find by IP worked. Was targeting Jim.

I have a theory on what might have happened, but I want to see how people react to my information first.

I'd also request an Extension due to being exhausted due to being at school for twelve hours straight doing a lot of thinking and doing and thus not quite comprehending things.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2012, 02:06:17 pm »

Oh, and I received a PM from Wuba that I was blocked N3, then said that actually he messed up and I wasn't. Might be important, might be... metagaming. >.>
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »

Sorry for triple post.
N2: Protected Hapah because of how he presented his case against penngo.
N3: Protected IronyOwl. Due to (ok, despite) his shortness of posts, he's been able to place direct and thought-provoking questions in mostly every one of them.
That N3 reason is fairly dubious IMO.
And why do your targets equal mine?

Everyone: Reasons why you picked your targets?
As far as I remember:
N1: Because Zombie was acting strangely.
N2: Didn't have many picks, so I chose someone random out of them. {didn't have any effect}
N3: Just in case Irony was trying to be lurkscum.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with Diety; I apparently ended up using it on myself. I don't know if it was a redirect, reflection, copy, or what. If it landed on Book he would know, though, he would gain an ability.
But I saw you go to him... the hell?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2012, 02:52:10 pm »

PFP

No need to apologize for posting more than once!

And no clue about why you saw me go to Book; I'm hoping his claim will shed some light. All I know is I sent in Deity to Book as my action on N2 and ended up with the ability myself.

I'm alright with the Extend, but day doesn't end for more than 48 hours anyway. Probably a good idea, decent odds of this being last day, I think.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 29, 2012, 02:59:19 pm »

Extend.

TolyK:
So what's stopping you? You've been faffing about all day, getting jack shit done, and now you need me to show up so you can ask me things?
Are you sure you haven't actioned Night 3? Not on Jim by any chance?
Positive. Either something strange is going on (one of my autos targeting him, for instance) or one of us is lying scum.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »

And you ask him to partially claim. What are you hiding? And how in the world can I be fakeclaiming?

It's a fucking joke, genius.

Because everybody decided that they were somehow special and that partial claiming was the thing to do.

As the target of the night kill I reserve the right to withhold portions of my role.
Also, why this?

Is it just a totally non-obvious fact that I was the target of the nightkill or something? Why don't you think about the implications that has on my alignment for a second.

1-shot, Day: Parental Guidance: Your vote instantly lynches the target today.

So how come TolyK got to use your ability on Day 3?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2012, 03:48:10 pm »

Hapah:
I'm not exactly sure what happened with Diety; I apparently ended up using it on myself. I don't know if it was a redirect, reflection, copy, or what. If it landed on Book he would know, though, he would gain an ability.
It didn't, I gained no abilities. As far as I know, I have not been targeted with anything any night. More on this below.

Tiruin:
How is 1/10 == 50% ?
As the old saying goes, there are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

And lastly, can someone explain arson to me? New concept I haven't heard in any game I've played in. Isn't burning someone equating to a kill, already?
Sure you have. Imiknorris was an arsonist last BYOR, and the Brotherhood were arsonists on Bastard Supernatural. It's a two-step kill, first the target is "primed" and won't know it, and later an action causes all primed targets to die horribly at the same time. Lack of nightkills smells to me like instead of killing the scum has been priming, and will blow up a bunch of people at the same time.

Jim:
Bookthras, all we need now is you to partially claim and complete this farce.
It will be my pleasure:

I am Bruce, Chief Research Poet of the University of Woolamaloo, and I am a Survivor.

When I sent the role, I was sort of going for a new thing: a posting restriction involving rhymes or something like that, and said as much to Wuba; I've never played a posting restriction before, and I wanted to try my hand at it. But he rightly pointed out that posting restrictions are the opposite of fun, and that if I had to rhyme too often it would get old really quickly and would probably just get me lynched regardless of anything else. He instead made me a Survivor, with the most cowardly role I've ever seen. That'll teach me.

As to my powers, they are pretty cowardly, and basically involve several ways of me hiding. I guess that's the reason Hapah's Deity thing didn't hit, as I was hiding.

Since remaining alive is my only goal, I think it would be unwise to detail what hiding resources I have used or have still available, so I'll limit my claim to say that I have one of those "cannot be lynched" things, so voting me is a waste of time, and getting rid of me wouldn't improve either scum or town's chances of victory.

How's that for a partial claim, Jim?

Did all of you miss the lesson in Mafia 202 where we covered what the whole fucking point of mass claiming was? It certainly was not to be cagey fucking bastards at milo.
Bravely says the one who said this:
As the target of the night kill I reserve the right to withhold portions of my role.
You seem to imply this makes you guaranteed non-scum. As a Survivor, at this point I don't want to antagonise possible-scum-you, so I will refrain from pointing out that being the target of a kill does not mean you were the target of the mafiakill. Especially if the mafia don't have a standard mafiakill (as the lack of kills N1 and N2 suggest, or they have horrible aim), or if a scum's kill was redirected back to himself.

...oh, crap.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2012, 04:01:30 pm »

PFP

Book: Hrm. Can you at least tell us what actions you've used so far, if you won't reveal what abilities you have remaining?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2012, 04:08:26 pm »

Jim:
1-shot, Day: Parental Guidance: Your vote instantly lynches the target today.

So how come TolyK got to use your ability on Day 3?
I assumed that was more because he was the only one who could do anything anyway, so his vote was obviously a hammer.

Book:
Since remaining alive is my only goal, I think it would be unwise to detail what hiding resources I have used or have still available, so I'll limit my claim to say that I have one of those "cannot be lynched" things, so voting me is a waste of time, and getting rid of me wouldn't improve either scum or town's chances of victory.
Nice try, but without a full claim we don't have any particular reason to believe you.

Besides which, if you are telling the truth nobody should have any reason to harm you anyway, so why would it matter?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »

Book: Hrm. Can you at least tell us what actions you've used so far, if you won't reveal what abilities you have remaining?
N1: Brave Sir Bookthras hid away. Bravely hid away, away!
N2: When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled.
N3: Yes, brave Sir Bookthras turned about and gallantly he chickened out.
N4: Bravely taking to his feet he beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Bookthras!

Heheh. Yeah, being a survivor makes for boring, passive nights, except for the always present trepidation that perhaps this night is the one where death comes. But seriously, knowing my actions wouldn't help: I self targeted with a hiding power.

In hindsight, I wish I hadn't hid that night you did the Deity thing. It sounds fun and I'm curious what it would do. What do you intend to do with it now that you have it?

Nice try, but without a full claim we don't have any particular reason to believe you.
Besides which, if you are telling the truth nobody should have any reason to harm you anyway, so why would it matter?
A fuller claim wouldn't really make you any more likely to believe it, since all you have is my word anyway, and my action claims won't help confirm or refute other's (since they are self-targeting). For the second point, you're right: since it wouldn't matter, I'd rather cowardly keep my cards close to my vest.

Questions for you: what do you make of Jim's claim of being confirmed non-scum? What explanation do you have for lack of nightkills?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 29, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »

Bookthras:
A fuller claim wouldn't really make you any more likely to believe it, since all you have is my word anyway, and my action claims won't help confirm or refute other's (since they are self-targeting). For the second point, you're right: since it wouldn't matter, I'd rather cowardly keep my cards close to my vest.
It'd be harder to fakeclaim, though. Right now all you've got is "I'm a survivor, I hide a lot, don't bother lynching me." Anyone could give that.

Details could possibly also help figure out what happened with Deity.

Questions for you: what do you make of Jim's claim of being confirmed non-scum? What explanation do you have for lack of nightkills?
It's not a guarantee, but it does seem pretty plausible. Shunting the kill to an SK or arsonist doesn't explain the lack of kills any better, and presumably if it was someone town they'd have claimed it. We've also got one normal-ish looking mafia flip, so I doubt a cult even more than I would just based on how revive/kill-immune heavy this game is.

In short, I don't really see how a non-scum kill would fit into this. Redirect/reflection maybe, but the claims don't seem to be holding up to that. Do you see a plausible game setup in which Jim is scum?

As for the lack of kills, not sure. We've got protections flying around fairly commonly, so I'd assume it was just luck/unluck thus far.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 29, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »

Quote from: Book
Questions for you: what do you make of Jim's claim of being confirmed non-scum?
Confirmed? No. Probable, though.

What explanation do you have for lack of nightkills?
Honestly? I'm torn. A find an arsonist-style scumkill unlikely, though. I think the scum team probably just got unlucky with their picks. It'd be some shitty luck for them, though.

Book: Do any of your abilities give you a notification if a kill/ability that tries to target you is negated?

In hindsight, I wish I hadn't hid that night you did the Deity thing. It sounds fun and I'm curious what it would do. What do you intend to do with it now that you have it?
Probably claim it. I'm a bit concerned about my unexplained Diety reflection and the contradiction between Tolyk and IO, though. Jim: Does your mystery unclaimed ability have anything to do with it?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »

Then I shall recommend that the sole portion of your claim be tested until such time that you fully claim.

Bookthras.

You seem to imply this makes you guaranteed non-scum. As a Survivor, at this point I don't want to antagonise possible-scum-you, so I will refrain from pointing out that being the target of a kill does not mean you were the target of the mafiakill. Especially if the mafia don't have a standard mafiakill (as the lack of kills N1 and N2 suggest, or they have horrible aim), or if a scum's kill was redirected back to himself.

I never said it was guaranteed.

It does significantly helps my case though.

( ? ) : ??????: ??????????????????????????

Since most of the actions and everything relevant to it has been claimed, I'm claiming my final ability:

(Night, 1-shot) : Spy: I learn who the target targeted and with what and who was targetting the target. This comes at the cost of 1 recruit.

I used this on Night 2 on Bookthras. I learned that Bookthras, Hapah, and Tiruin targeted Bookthras that night. Based on the claims so far, I also learned that Bookthras targeted Hapah with Hapah's Deity ability which is actually called Goddess. Additionally, I know what it does and why he's reluctant to claim.

My intent was to either catch Bookthras committing the nightkill or to catch somebody in the act of killing Bookthras. It appears I'm not that lucky in this game.

This confirm parts of Hapah's, Tiruin's, and TolyK's claim. If I knew what Bookthras' claim was it could confirm parts of that too, ergo he's a useless asshole. My guess is that he has some active or passive redirection ability.

Probably claim it. I'm a bit concerned about my unexplained Diety reflection and the contradiction between Tolyk and IO, though. Jim: Does your mystery unclaimed ability have anything to do with it?

Nope. You might want to ask Bookthras, seeing as how my role result for my 1-shot has him targeting you with it.

Also, IronyOwl is scum, probably, seeing as how TolyK has him visiting me Night 3. If his role is accurate, it would also explain the lack of kills, i.e., he chose to avoid using them so that they didn't come back to bite him in the ass.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2012, 01:43:28 am »

Details could possibly also help figure out what happened with Deity.
This is true. See below a bit more detail.

Do you see a plausible game setup in which Jim is scum?
Not really. I just wanted to point out the logic hole in his "I survived, therefore I'm town" statement. That seemed scummy, but as you say, it's hard to fit.

Book: Do any of your abilities give you a notification if a kill/ability that tries to target you is negated?
Wuba is not big on notifications. I asked him this very question, and the answer was negative.

(Night, 1-shot) : Spy: I learn who the target targeted and with what and who was targetting the target.
I used this on Night 2 on Bookthras. I learned that Bookthras, Hapah, and Tiruin targeted Bookthras that night.
That is consistent with what I know. I targeted myself with a mirror ability, so it makes sense that when Hapah came a-knocking, his action bounced off and back onto him. Don't know about Tiruin, though, but I can say it wasn't a kill that he used on me (we'd know). I got no N2 message in any case (either about Hapah or Tiruin).

My guess is that he has some active or passive redirection ability.
That is a good guess.

Also, IronyOwl is scum, probably, seeing as how TolyK has him visiting me Night 3. If his role is accurate, it would also explain the lack of kills, i.e., he chose to avoid using them so that they didn't come back to bite him in the ass.
That makes a lot of sense. Funny how you think he is scum but aren't voting him...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 30, 2012, 02:31:17 am »

Extend and PFP - RL decided to take a turn :/

@Book: How did I target you when I targeted Hapah? I'm feeling I was redirected or something.

Hapah: No auto you're hiding there? Seems like you may be hiding it since I'm guessing it was destroyed by Eradicate. Also, what exactly does your Deity do? Any 'if's or conditions where it will reflect back to you?

Bookthras: Why don't you just claim to sort out this madness? Stuff are being real vague, especially your actions. [@Jim: Partial claim, oh hahaha. I get your joke.]
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40