Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21361 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2012, 06:32:17 am »

((Eh, assume you got back to base if you want to RP. I would write up something for your guys, but I'm feeling like crap right now. :( ))

It's alright. Take your time. I got big plans for the next mission, so I'll need some time to get it set up.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2012, 09:05:42 am »

(WHY do I have this feeling it's going to be a chryssalid and ethereal terror mission to TPK everybody, or to make matters worse, a chryssalid and ethereal and sectopod base defense?)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »

((As soon as I know I am back on base and not stuck on that fucking roof anymore I shall gladly roleplay it up in here until my next chance to die. I assume Dwarmin will include our return in a pending update...))
This is a blank sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2012, 02:20:48 pm »

(sorry for the interruption. Feeling much better now!)
Jackson, Theodor, Moe and Kane arrive back at base, feeling waves of guilt.

Their Debriefing isn't any nicer.

"...can someone explain to me the exact circumstances of Agent Lindons death? You can understand, we're all a bit interested. Since it seems to be friendly fire related." The blank faced interrogator says.

=====================================================================================

((Aria has blonde hair pulled into a long ponytail, blue eyes, and very fair skin. Looks fairly young, and her expression usually looks ever so slightly confident and very studying, like you'd expect on a mad scientist observing a specimen that amused her.))

Aria smiled at Abello's offer, even if it did seem more directed at the fellow beside her.

"Sounds wonderful to me," she responded. "What kind of test?"

Accept test.

Flashback...

Aria's eyes widened slightly at Delorean's response.

"Oh? Didn't take you for much of a defender," she said lightly. "Not that I pictured you as the opposite," she added quickly, not wanting to imply that he seemed like the massacring villages sort. "Are you normally in it for the money or something else?"

She then tried very hard to suppress a smile at his companion. Tipping his hand far too much, that one.

"Well, I noticed you were wearing a ring and didn't see any other interesting conversation pieces. Do you normally get upset when somebody asks about your wife?" she asked, her expression mostly one of slight bemusement.

"Virtual Reality Training. Very realistic-I design the program myself."

She leads the pair of you onward...

Flashback...
Delorean seems to consider this.

"Odd story. I signed up to serve the cause, at first. After they said they didn't need me, I did it for the money. I got old enough, decided I should serve a cause again. Sort of funny, yeah?"

"...just when people get nosy. My business is my own." He says, not meeting your eyes.

=====================================================================================
Johann waits outside for security, which arrives in time.

"...thanks. But you should really leave this to professionals." One of the security guys comments sarcastically.

Ed, Carinthir, Ria, Andrew, Lake, Alexande, Kathryn and Aria arrive in the VR room after their momentary activities-it's all gunmetal grey, with neat hexagonal plates lining the walls. The floor is slightly springy, like a training mat-and constructed of some sort of light absorbing material.

Abello Laome instructs.

"Excellent you could all make it.

Now, for todays program, we'll be sending you...here."

She taps a button on a pad she's holding, and the room begins to shimmer...

~~~~~
The team suddenly finds themselves packed like sardines into a cramped landing craft, called a Higgins boat
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After a moment of acclimation, the scene solidifies-the ship begins to bob in the surf (Causing a brief but intense wave of nausea pretty much everyone), the distant cries of seagulls and pounding waves begin to echo, and the sharp acrid tang of sea salt dominates your senses.

For those unused to VR, it's about as close to the most vivid dream you've ever had.

Everyone also finds they've...changed. It almost feels as if they have a second skin over their own.

Ed feels...tired. His body hasn't changed, but he feels older. There's a shortness of breath that wasn't there before-and a myriad of aches and pains. He's fairly well armed, considering the others-a Springfield sniper rifle and shotgun hang crosswise on his back.
Carinthir is noticeably younger-hardly more than 16. He's carrying a M1 Garand rifle in his skinny arms.
Ria is still a woman (oddly), but she's larger and taller, and English-she's carrying a Sniper Rifle in her own hands. As she watches it, a small popup in the left corner of her vision indicates it's a Bolt action Springfield.
Andrew immediately starts gasping for air, since he's lost about a foot of height-he's been turned into a woman! Abello's sense of humor? Looped around his chest is a Thompson Submachine gun on a band-but he's got no extra ammunition...
Lake is probably the least changed-he's carrying two heavy tanks on his back, connected to a nozzle weapon in his hands. A Flamethrower!
Alexande feels shorter and heaver. He runs his hand over his new face and feels a thin beard. He's carrying the same Sniper rifle as Ria, a Springfield.
Kathryn seems to have vanished, much to the probable shock of Alexandre, since they were right next to each other.
Aria is more or less unchanged, though she feels shorter and...mousier? She's not carrying any large weapons-only a heavy case with a red cross on it. She looks up-her helmet has the same cross. Medic.

Everyone also has a pistol-a colt 45.-and three spherical grenades, in addition to a number of seemingly random items-at least half of you have wire cutters and sticks of dynamite as well.

Abello's voice echoes from the sky, like a benevolent Goddess.

"Ah, very realistic, yes? Now...the landing craft will proceed across the strait to the beach-your mission is to successfully land, breach the three levels barbed wire, and take the bunker from the enemy forces beyond. Destroying beach defenses to open the way for the next wave will also increase your score. As will staying alive, as long as you can. Do be aware, certain Historical liberties have been taken in the interest of Science.

Let the games...begin."
She says melodramatically.

The boat begins crawling through the water at an impossibly slow speed-and almost immediately, shots begin to arc from the far beach beyond, and the ominous layers of steel and concrete that mark your goal. Bizarrely, the shots are not bullets, but aqua-blue balls of energy. The sharp eyed among you can even make out your enemies.

They look like little grey aliens, wearing WW2 era German army uniforms.

((We're going to be on quick update mode-every 24 hours. Anyone who hasn't died can still jump in while there's time...

Also, you all have in-VR huds that allow you get information of things as they relate to the inner-game, or to get answers from Abello. She can hear what you say.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:40:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

(( Can we use our psychic powers? ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:19 pm »

Jackson looks away nervously, staring at his shoes. mumbling something about "I did not kill him...."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »

((@Mesor: Let's pretend you asked Abello :P ))

Carinthir asks about Psionics-to a few odd glances from his teammates-and he sees a small message displayed over the top left of his vision.

I can obviously not replicate the ability read or influence minds in automaton structures...that said, your levels of Psionic emanation are being measured. If you meet or exceed the levels deemed by Xcom to be normal, I will arrange the program to accommodate as best I can.

Of course, you could also try it on me.

But you might not like what you find.
The message says.

That's an ironic echo of what the Twins said to you earlier.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »

Lake adjusted his grip.  Huh.  He's not really used to weapons this heavy- he got to try out a grenade launcher at Hawke at least- but he feels the reassuring weight of three grenades on his belt.

Nothing he has, however, makes him more than a potential fireball until the group is in close range.  He'll need to stay in cover until then- if the enemy is smart, he'll be a primary target.

"Right.  If we haven't met, I'm Lake, with the flamethrower.  I've trained in demolitions, so this is a bit unusual for me.  I'm just a walking gas tank until I get in range to use this, so don't stand too close, okay?

Hunker down and get ready to find cover when the door opens.

((Do we have the same skills and stats?  Skills I'm sure would since they're in the head, but those of us with new bodies might see different stats conceivably.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2012, 02:39:13 pm »

Check my weapon and get ready to move forward, head for the nearest cover the moment we hit it land

"Guys I'm more of a psychic kinda guy so I'll stay back a bit and up date you all on whats going on and provide some covering fire.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:28:40 pm by mesor »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »

((Do we have the same skills and stats?  Skills I'm sure would since they're in the head, but those of us with new bodies might see different stats conceivably.))

((Assume your stats are more or less the same

Edit: I should expound. She's testing your self confidence in your skills and abilities, against her skill in fooling your physical senses and sense of identity. ))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:56:29 pm by Dwarmin »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2012, 02:59:20 pm »

Admire my newfound...Assets, before following the rest of the group, gun in hand.

((Really?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2012, 03:05:53 pm »

((I'd be staring down at my chest too.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »

Explain how the green on green was not my responsibility - if needed, drop the responsible agent in the cacky to cover my own back. Once that is done, have a wander around the base to get a feel for the layout.
This is a blank sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »

(Did you miss my action, Dwarmin?  I wanted to be in the VR exercise.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26:52 pm »

"Great. Kathryn's gone, and we've got a nutcase here. This isn't going to end nicely."
Prepare to dash for cover, and count out the enemies. Try and take our a few with the rifle as well.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18