Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21356 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2012, 01:26:56 pm »

(( Hah I wasn't gonna look but dam this is gonna be fun if this is half as bloody as the real thing was most of us will not be surviving. ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

((No, it's just...why name it 'Omaha Beach'?))

((Unless that was sarcastic answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Beach ?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »

(( Omaha beach was part of D-day in ww2. And it was a damned bloody battle as well. Im assuming we'll be on the allied side so we will be assaulting an enemy with superior numbers in defensive position with heavy weapons, artillery and air support on a beach that has multiple lines of wire and walls that we need to breach and then charge up hill into heavily defended bunkers.
In effect were walking into a meat grinder. ))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:46:49 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2012, 01:49:26 pm »

(( Omaha beach was part of D-day in ww2. And it was a damned bloody battle as well. Im assuming we'll be on the allied side so we will be assaulting an enemy with superior numbers in defensive position with heavy weapons, artillery and air support on a beach that has multiple lines of wire and walls that we need to breach and then charge up hill into heavily defended bunkers.
In effect were walking into a meat grinder. ))
((No, it's just...why name it 'Omaha Beach'?))

((Unless that was sarcastic answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Beach ?))

((Well, thank you for that. We've never had to study WW2 in school, so I probably would've never known that.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2012, 01:58:55 pm »

(( What we learned in school about WW2 wasn't much either most of what I know I picked up since but D-Day was more or less the turning point of WW2 so I know virtually everything about every landing of D-Day as well as the battle of Midway the battle of Stalingrad ( what an idiot that man was ) and the battle of Britain. Most of the really important battle's I can pretty much recite the main details from memory. ))

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2012, 02:21:07 pm »

"Sure, I guess. But before we run off to some classroom or firing range or something, where am I?"
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »

((Just got XCOM: Enemy Unknown last night. I have never had so much fun playing a console game))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »

Head out just outside of the general storage chamber and wait for security to arrive.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2012, 04:23:28 pm »

((Hey Dwar, thanks for all your work there. Means a lot for me as Orb fixed the main thread ^^))

I know of only two definitions of fix, which means either to set up a competition with an already decided winner, or to make something not broken. I don't recall doing either...so I'm not sure what you mean there.  ???

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2012, 04:49:33 pm »

Alexendre switched off the PDA, and pocketed it.
"Tsh, Abello..."
He stood from the booth, abandoning his drink. He sighed, stretched his arms and looked at Kathryn.
"Well, Kathryn, it's been lovely. I'm going to go for that training. What's your ID code? I'd love to speak with you again sometime."
Get her ID code for the PDA, head to VR.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:04:58 pm by Spinal_Taper »

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2012, 08:08:32 pm »

Moe Johnson sighed heavily, looking distraught at the mission failure he had suffered, rifle on back, and clip on belt.  "I can't believe the miserable failure I've gone through...  I failed to secure the girl, and the aliens got away...  I really should shoot myself for this failure."  At that, Moe sighed heavily and slunk about, looking down.
Hit the Virtual Reality chambers.  It's all a worthless redshirt deserves at best.
(Definitely a bit of discouragement in his air...  After all, only one kill, and he didn't inflict it...  I'm 90% sure people'd be bummed.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2012, 08:30:34 pm »

((Should wait for Dwarmin's roll.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »

((Eh, assume you got back to base if you want to RP. I would write up something for your guys, but I'm feeling like crap right now. :( ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »

(( It can wait till tomorrow mate note worries. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2012, 12:21:51 am »

((Aria has blonde hair pulled into a long ponytail, blue eyes, and very fair skin. Looks fairly young, and her expression usually looks ever so slightly confident and very studying, like you'd expect on a mad scientist observing a specimen that amused her.))

Aria smiled at Abello's offer, even if it did seem more directed at the fellow beside her.

"Sounds wonderful to me," she responded. "What kind of test?"

Accept test.

Flashback...

Aria's eyes widened slightly at Delorean's response.

"Oh? Didn't take you for much of a defender," she said lightly. "Not that I pictured you as the opposite," she added quickly, not wanting to imply that he seemed like the massacring villages sort. "Are you normally in it for the money or something else?"

She then tried very hard to suppress a smile at his companion. Tipping his hand far too much, that one.

"Well, I noticed you were wearing a ring and didn't see any other interesting conversation pieces. Do you normally get upset when somebody asks about your wife?" she asked, her expression mostly one of slight bemusement.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18