Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21360 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2012, 11:51:27 am »

((Hey Dwar, thanks for all your work there. Means a lot for me as Orb fixed the main thread ^^))

"Alright, alright, I'll be with you in a sec, sir."

Ria took our her PDA, nearly forgetting she had one, as she turned away from the man.

Xcom agents, new and old-I have a new program in the VR room prepared for all of you. A suitable test of your strategic, teamwork, and combat skills. All challengers should report in the hour-we'll be running a marathon session, 24 hours long at maximum, so make sure you are well fed and hydrated.

Attendance is not mandatory-but I'd very much like to see you here. Xcom agents will receive notes to their superiors on their performance-or lack thereof.

"A...Virtual Reality, huh? If my knowledge is correct-" She turned back to face the man, pocketing the PDA. "It looks like you don't have to rush it. I'll be visiting when it's ready, anyway. Here's my number, I'll be in the...Virtual Reality room."

The thought hit Ria as she traversed the floors heading to the fourth -- if VR meant Holographic Training Room, in the sense -- why was the man acting anxious, or...perhaps it was just the pressure of the moment?

Nevertheless, giving her number left a slight tinge of uncomfortability. She didn't even know his name. At least his face was easy to remember.

To the Holographic Training Room! And text back a Thank You to this 'Abello Laome' for the note.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2012, 11:58:43 am »

Xcom agents, new and old-I have a new program in the VR room prepared for all of you. A suitable test of your strategic, teamwork, and combat skills. All challengers should report in the hour-we'll be running a marathon session, 24 hours long at maximum, so make sure you are well fed and hydrated.

Attendance is not mandatory-but I'd very much like to see you here. Xcom agents will receive notes to their superiors on their performance-or lack thereof.

~Abello Laome

"Cool. Sounds like the peak of entertainment. I wonder if I could help them integrate some FPSs in there. Now THAT would be cool..."
Head down to the VR room, Cheat codes still in pocket.

((Have you guys noticed I'm not one to do excessive roleplaying? :P))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:02:12 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59:33 am »

So the asshole gave him a live bomb?  Damn.  He'd have to keep that in mind- X-Com must operate on its own set of rules.  In all his 35 years he's never been handed a live bomb in training without being told.

At least he can get away from him.  He'll check back here later- they might have learned something interesting.  He addresses the man.

"Thanks, Dew, but looks like they've got a job for me.  I'll come back here later to see if I'm needed for anything else.  Send me a message if anything comes up from this experiment, okay?"

Nodding to the reply, he ducks out, memorizes where this test took place, heads up to grab a fast meal, and heads to VR
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »

(Seriously, what time is it?)
"Oh!  That's convenient.  Well, I'm going, would anyone here like to come with me?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »

Ria receives a prompt response from the woman.

You're very welcome, Agent.

Also, I'd like to remind you this is a controlled, artificial environment-don't bring any of those Izo Drugs to use in the test. We'll at least be able to observe any withdrawal effects, yes?

---
Lake gratefully excuses himself.

'Dew' nods blankly.

"Will do-and thanks for taking the risk on that thing. You're truly a credit to your country, son. I'm sure you'll make us proud."

Sounds likes a political Ad.

---

Ed checks his watch-it's about 5 pm. Hopefully the VR doesn't last a full 24 hours, otherwise he'll miss his mysterious rendezvous...maybe Abello just says that to rattle you?

Aribel Westen looks over at you.
"Good luck in the VR, Mr. Carr. I'll be watching you." She says, spinning a small rhyme and smiling genuinely. You get the idea she enjoyed the meal with you much better than the last one-no knockout drugs.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2012, 12:14:42 pm »

Izo D- Ria looked at the canister she put in the safe location. Riiiight. That drug.

Where is my personal locker when I need it? Probably in the barracks...

Store Izo Drug Sample @ Personal Locker. If in Barracks > Yes! If the Barracks contains bunk beds, I'm taking one in the corner -- top bed!

And then continue to Holographic Training Room!

Quote from: Ria Javier
So...they told you, ma'am? Do you know anything about the Izo Drugs?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2012, 12:23:35 pm »

So...they told you, ma'am? Do you know anything about the Izo Drugs?

*beep*

Quote from: Abello
He certainly did not tell me himself, no. I could give you any number of answers, Agent-but 'I have my ways of knowing' shall suffice.

As for the Drug itself, I can only stress caution. Dr. Leif may have indeed created it to aid the war effort against the invaders, but he does not care about how much damage it does to his test subjects. You are just a statistical blip to him, not a person...to him, the ends always justify the means-and he's serving Xcom in a fashion I can only call Mercenary. We can't be picky about motives here, though.

Take this not as bitter backdoor sniping between feuding colleagues-Dr. Leif is a friend of mine. I have worked with him. I know him well.

And I would not trust to put one of his Izo drugs in my neck, all the same.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2012, 12:30:17 pm »

Ria could feel a familiar knot form in her throat as she handled the syringe-thing in her hands as she opened her locker. If what Abello said was true, then another dosage would be harmful in the near future.

She was already touched by it, and it felt addicting just by one use...

Thank you once more, ma'am, for the consoling information. I'll...try more practical paths to help humanity other than be a guinea pig in the coming days.

And now after claiming my territory in the...Barracks. Head to that room where the VR goes!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »

I wonder what kind of simulation were in for.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:58 pm »

To the VR room!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2012, 01:10:27 pm »

I wonder what kind of simulation were in for.

((Read the first post, why don't you? :P It's updated with juicy information as time goes by))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:28 pm »

((I'm actually not sure where I started.))

Lake looked at the sign on his way out so he could remember how to get back there.

As he went, he glanced in a mirror.  Did he always look that worn?  Only 35, but he looked older.  Stubbly face showing traces of gauntness, his plain brown hair receding a bit.  Slender 5'11" frame, without any muscular bulk.  Ugh.  Guess the stress of the job was wearing on him.  No way that this job would help, of course.

Grab a quick bite then report to VR.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 01:21:25 pm »

((...Omaha Beach? Really?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

((I'm actually not sure where I started.))

((I'd say you were in the live fire range-VR's right next door))

((Toughen up, buttercup :P ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 01:26:09 pm »

((Toughen up, buttercup :P ))
((No, it's just...why name it 'Omaha Beach'?))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18