Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21319 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« on: September 29, 2012, 05:27:09 pm »

((OOC: This is, essentially, the RP thread-something to do between missions for players who are not currently on mission. :) I'll try to run an action for everyone a day, or mini actions as often as I can. If you want a spot in the game, here's a nice place to put down your sheet and introduce yourself. ))
((Game Thread))

Situated in scenic ~CLASSIFIED~...home away from home for the defenders of humanity. Located deep underground to avoid Alien and Conventional Detection systems, it's completely self sufficient in many degrees-hydroponic gardens provide vital food, water is drawn from protected cisterns and geothermal energy taps supply the massive power requirements of the base-most products are made on site, and amenities are occasionally available-though not officially. There is only one access tunnel leading to the surface-it's use is highly restricted.

There's laboratories, workshops, medical bays, armories, radar arrays and the vulnerable heart of the resistance-the X-Command Center, where the Top Men decide how the war will be won-or lost. Everything X-COM needs to fight.

The average X-Com Agent will be more familiar with both his living quarters, where he spends his time on personal pursuits, and the Hangars, where the birds are launched on missions.

All in all, enjoy your stay. Welcome to X-COM HQ.

= Accessing Mission Records =
Mission 1/Operation Golden Calf
Spoiler: Mission 1 Briefing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission 1 Outcome (click to show/hide)
Mission 2/Operation ???
Spoiler: Mission 2 Briefing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission 2 Outcome (click to show/hide)

= Accessing Personnel Databanks =
Spoiler: Fielded X-Com Agents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At-Rest X-Com Agents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Base Personnel (click to show/hide)

= Base Overview =
--Level 1--
Main Hangar Bay Operational/Mission ongoing, Restricted Access
Geothermal Power Plant Operational/Permanent Restricted Access (Energy output 98.8%)
Hydroponic Gardens Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance (This Week on the Menu: Butternut Squash)
Access Lift Operational/Permanent Restricted Access

--Level 2--
General Storage (Consumer Goods) Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance
Barracks Operational/Unrestricted
Physical/Spiritual/Religious Recuperation Operational/Unrestricted
Electronic Recreation Operational/Unrestricted
Bughunt Bar and Grill Operational/Unrestricted (Todays Special: Ribeye Steak)
Exercise Area Operational/Unrestricted
Security Buffer Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance
Brig Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance (Current Guests: None)

--Level 3--
General Storage (Tools and Parts) Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance
Medlab/Hospital Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance (Current Guests: None)
Research Core Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance (Current Focus: ???)
Main Engineering Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance
Alien Containment Operational/ Permanent Restricted Access (Current Guests: None)
Aircraft Construction Hanger Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance(Currently Building: None)

--Level 4--
General Storage (Arms and Ammunition) Operational/Unrestricted, Security Clearance
Holographic Training Room Operational/Unrestricted (Current Program: Omaha Beach)
Live Firing Range Operational/Unrestricted
Sparring Dojo Operational/Unrestricted
Experimental Weapon Testing Range Operational/Unrestricted (Currently Researching: Non-Lethal Weaponry)

--Level 5--
Multiband Radar Array Operational/Mission ongoing, Restricted Access
Cryptography Combine Operational/Mission ongoing, Restricted Access
Phoenix Missile Silos Operational/Permanent Restricted Access (Status: Unarmed, Ready for Launch)

--Level 6--
X-Command Central Operational/Mission ongoing, Restricted Access
Commanders Quarters Operational/Mission ongoing, Restricted Access
=====================================================================================
Wall of Fallen Heroes
~Feanor Lindon, perished in Operation Golden Calf due to friendly fire. Completed Missions:0/Confirmed Kills:0
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:11:22 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

((I've never played a single X-Com game, so I'm just going by instinct on the bio.))

Name: Andrew Mallner
Stats: Strength: 1, Dexterity: 2, Endurance: 0, Intelligence: 1, Willpower: 1.
Skills: Auxilary: 2, Close-Quarters: 1.
Bio: A criminal on th run from the Russian Federal Government, Andrew came to the US(?) to hide. He spent his years hacking into other systems, until he ended up hacking into a strange system, coded in a language with symbols he had never heard of or seen before. He shut down his computer after feeling a huge force surrounding him. He forgot bout the incident, until he caught wind of the happening in Dubai. He finally realized what he had done, and decided his skills could be used for something...not-evil...and stuff. He applied for X-Com, and was graciously accepted for his experiences.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »

As taken from the game thread and edited out because clutter.  :P

((@Tiru: You know, you can actually play the base part of the game while on the waitlist? :P))
((I...don't know half the game half as well as much of you, and I know but a half of all this half as well as it deserves. So if this is based on anything, I'm waiting to see how it works out [DOES_NOT_PLAY_X-COM_BUT_LOVES_IT]  :P))

My sheet:

Name: Ria A. Javier
Stats
Str: 1
Dex: 2
End: 1
Int: 1
Will: 0
Skills
Side Arm Skill: 1
Sniper Skill: 2
Bio
Before being drafted under the banner of X-COM, Ria was part of the Scout Ranger Regiment in the Far East where she took part against the internal struggle with rebellion and guerrilla warfare. The country she hails from was known to be a divided land, due to the constant threat of terrorism and it's ilk.

Nevertheless, the change of scenery was only to be a blessing, as it gave Ria more time to devote to the studies which she missed during her period of service. Bird-watching and drawing are two of the most important things to-do for her in a day, along with admiring the scenery and the study of human anatomy.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:35:25 pm »

Meanwhile...

Ria, Andrew, Johann and Kathryn are being given the same bag-over-the-head treatment after the briefing as the others were, being shuffled down  an elevator and a stairwell or four. Lucky for them, they were not chosen for the first mission...

They come to with a rough voice telling them...

"Sit, here-and don't make a noise till I say..."

There is a clink of glass against glass. A faintly buzzing florescent light above. The smell of good food cooked right. And...waves and seagulls?

A somewhat softer voice chimes in. It's sweet and musical-a womans voice. Someone who would make a good Vocalist. "I think we've given them enough of a run around, don't you think? Why don't you take those things off of them, Barry?"

"That's Officer Royal to you, Maggie" He says, a bit uppity. Then he cracks. "...but all right, I'll break the rules this once. You lot were supposed to wear these till we got you into quarantine." He says, with the air of a man breaking some cardinal vow.

*whip*

The bags are removed-vision comes back. You're in a sort of diner-bar, and you can't help but notice the strikingly beautiful woman washing tall drinking glasses and smiling-she's tall, American and blonde with deep blue eyes-a quintessential Southern girl, so much so that she almost seems out of place here. The room itself is very comfortable, with an almost tropical setting, clearly well taken care of with a handcarved bar, tables and chairs-there's even a few 'windows' overlooking a beach with a sun setting (with real sounds being piped in from hidden speakers), albeit all holographic images made to relieve some of the pressure of living underground. It's certainly not what you expected.

The woman capitalizes on the the quiet moment you spend to begin talking. Barry says hasty goodbye and leaves, as if uncomfortable now that you are uncowled. From what you see of him, he seems to be a tall, dark haired man who walks with a permanent scowl. That's all really distinctive of him.

"...Welcome to the Bughunt Bar and Grill, Agents-this is my place, don't let anyone tell you different. Open to all you X-Commers if you need a good meal to warm you up, put your feet up and relax, or just raise a glass after your works done, of course-no charge. I don't do this for money, anyway.

You're on level 2 of X-COM HQ, of 6-if you couldn't guess. Welcome Home. Or at least where you'll be calling Home until you whip those creepy critters back where they came from...or they whip us, I suppose.

I'm guessing ya'll have some questions for me, maybe?"
She says, with a quiet smile.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:38:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 07:36:38 pm »

Name: Johann Handler (GUNINANRUNIN)
Stats: STR 4 DEX 1 END 0 INT 0 WILL 0
Skills: Heavy Weapons [2], Auxillary [1]
Bio: A former German Special Forces officer hailing from a long line of political magistrates. Johann is focused on getting the job done, and concerns himself with little else outside of his work. His training is his life, and he allows nothing to stand in the way of his singular goal of seeing the mission through. He's not nearly as tough as he looks though, and his serious demeanour masks a soft side.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:42:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 07:37:47 pm »

((@Guin: I'll edit you right into the current conversation :P ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 07:38:28 pm »

Johann shifts his bulk, taking a brief moment to politely stretch.
Yes, ma'am. When do we fight?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:42:26 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 07:43:27 pm »

This was home.

Ria felt a feeling of belonging as she stepped out of the elevator and onto the new floor. She was excited to find out what worked in this new organization that was hell-bent on fighting 'aliens', as where she was, the only aliens that existed were in legend and lore.

"Yes, ma'am. Is there any place here where we could research or learn more about the beings we fight?" she said casually.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »

Johann shifts his bulk, taking a brief moment to politely stretch.
Yes, ma'am. When do we fight?
The womans expression softens, turning a bit sad-as if she's seen this before.

"Raring to go and kill some Creepers, aren't you? Don't you worry, they'll be another mission coming through the pipeline soon enough. Y'all are scheduled for the next combat operation, whatever and whenever it is.

Company policy, to say, not to let Agents go on two missions in a row. You're apt to lose your marbles otherwise, to put it somewhat crudely.

So, don't worry friend-your turn will come."
She says, perhaps a bit more fatalistically than she might have intended.

This was home.

Ria felt a feeling of belonging as she stepped out of the elevator and onto the new floor. She was excited to find out what worked in this new organization that was hell-bent on fighting 'aliens', as where she was, the only aliens that existed were in legend and lore.

"Yes, ma'am. Is there any place here where we could research or learn more about the beings we fight?" she said casually.
She brightens up a bit, perhaps liking the turn of conversation.

"That'd be level three, the Research Core-not that we really have alot of information on them, but all the stuff we could get our hands from that madness in Dubai is down there. It's been picked over and prodded so much over the time, though, you'll be hard to find anything new. Still, bound to be interesting all the same for the initiated. Give em a smile and a wink on your way through, though-those eggheads are gonna win this war for us, but they're awful shy and sort of secretive about their work. They should let you in no problem.

I also mean to say, we're sort of relying on you guys to get us new stuff, you hear? Maybe we'll know more than how loud they scream when you light them on fire-that, at least, exhaustive research was done upon...that's all the first X-Com did with what few of the buggers they got, figuring how to kill em. We got better ideas what to do with them now.

Eh, sorry if I get all mysterious on you. I hear lots of gossip. Maggies got an ear in every wall, they say about me."
She finished, smiling brightly and taking another glass to clean,

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »

Uhh, do you have any kind of entertainment around here? I get bored quickly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 08:09:40 pm »

"Saw the news, Dubai was a wonderful place. Shame I never got to see it until...well, aliens."

Ria checked the nearby doorways.

"Are there any training rooms or fields? Is it possible for us to practice joint operation procedures, ma'am?"

"And I could spar with you, if you're willing." the young soldier said with a smile at her companion.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 08:12:56 pm »

Does this facility field an experimental weapons division? I'd very much like to get involved in testing.
Get directions to the Experimental Weapons Range. Head to the Experimental Weapons Range. Observe. Talk to anyone who isn't busy. Help with testing.
((Are the ranges and simulators just for fun, or will we be able to increase our skills over a long period of time (i.e. working out for seven missions in a row=+1 Strength) or actually learn things that are useful? Will I be able to help with researching? Being a guinea pig at the very least would be a cool way to spend time.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »

"Saw the news, Dubai was a wonderful place. Shame I never got to see it until...well, aliens."

Ria checked the nearby doorways.

"Are there any training rooms or fields? Is it possible for us to practice joint operation procedures, ma'am?"

"And I could spar with you, if you're willing." the young soldier said with a smile at her companion.

"Well, I suggest you find yourself a hobby, sir. You'll go stir crazy locked up in here if you don't.

I can offer some ideas. If you like gardening, the Hydro up above us lets you run your own plot. I grow my own barley up there. Awful relaxing, the hard word keeps you healthful, and you get some real sunlight and air for once. I do suggest it.

On this level, you've got an Exercise room-we got a swimmin' pool-along with meditation and Religious services. If you're the sort that likes technostuff, we got a room with a secure internet connection. No emails, and you're being monitored, but you can play games and such-we're all doing World of Warcraft this month. Below us two levels, you'll find the live firing range, sparring dojo and Holographic training-all good if you wanna keep your skills sharp. The last ones a doozy-they got programs for everything. I spent three hours in there as a bird, you know. I flew over the rockies, and it felt real...

Aside from that, you can pester the engineers or techies-they actually like to talk alot, when you get them to open up. Or just brown nose with Command. If you're the upwardly mobile sort.

For the real adventurous, and don't tell anyone I said this, you could take a look in the old X-Com archives, which this whole bunker was built over. A whole 'nother place, down there-not any good maps, either.

As for wanting some sun, I don't suggest you try to leave the base...at least not unless it's real, real scary important. Then you come and ask me, and I'll see what I can do."

Does this facility field an experimental weapons division? I'd very much like to get involved there.
Get directions to the Experimental Weapons Range. Head to the Experimental Weapons Range. Observe. Talk to anyone who isn't busy. Help with testing.
((Are the ranges and simulators just for fun, or will we be able to increase our skills over a long period of time (i.e. working out for seven missions in a row=+1 Strength) or actually learn things that are useful? Will I be able to help with researching? Being a guinea pig at the very least would be a cool way to spend time.))
((OOC: I've yet to ask Orb about that-but it sounds like a very good idea. Also, I'll run your action with the others.))

"Oh Lordy-they've got an experimental weapons place right by the range, two floors down. You think you'll get to shoot the big guns, but in truth they're usually shooting them at you. Have to be a damn fool, but I suppose there's worst ways to spend time." She says, chuckling lightly.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:19:16 pm by Dwarmin »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »

I expected no less from the fellows here at X-COM. I'll be seeing you.
Leave the diner. Find an elevator, or similar. Look for the EWR. Ask for directions if need be.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:21:40 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »

Nice. Now, which way to room with the internet? I need to level up my Druid.

((And there's another game I am unfamiliar with; WoW.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18