Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21372 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 09:55:09 pm »

KEEP PLAYING. I WILL NOT GIVE UP SO EASILY.

((Also, will doing certain stuff on base give us some skill upgrades, levels, and the like?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »

((That's up to the GM :P I give him a report based on what you guys did, and he doles out upgrades. He has said passing a hard VR mission can give you something, though never as much as actually being on a mission))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:05 pm »

"I abhor the usage of unknown drugs, but if you say it's for the betterment of our people, then I have no qualm in accepting it as a test." Ria said to the scientist.

"Though, I'm happy with myself just as imperfect as I am, if this would further our cause, then I accept."

Undergo testing!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »

Blech.  A ingenious design, assuming it was engineered.  God forbid it was natural evolution.  Still gross, though.

After going over it, Lake gave his report.

"It's alive, certainly.  Got at least five chemicals mixing in here- maybe nitro and methane, and three I don't recognize at all.  Nasty piece of work, really- looks like a bio-engineered bomb.  I note you gave me a living one, as well- sucker blinked at me.  Nasty thing."

Poke it in the eye, then continue to look for the brain.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 11:20:48 pm »

"Uh... yes, thank you all.  If nobody needs me right now I'll be on my way.  Anyone have the time?"
Take my leave, get the time, find a map to discreetly find out where X-Command is.
"So, Miss... Aribel.  Have you... been working here long?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2012, 11:27:24 pm »

Alexendre sits down on the mat, his eyes closed and his expression meditative. He sat this way for a few moments, before his eyelids popped back open, and he stood. Sighing, he walked for the door and others to speak with.
((Is he in France or on base?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 04:49:29 am »

((@Spinal: You're on base))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:08 am »

Oh my.. Consider me a part of the team then! Unofficially of course. Call me any time you need something tested.

He nods, shaking your hand-then it's back to work...

=====================================================================================
KEEP PLAYING. I WILL NOT GIVE UP SO EASILY.

Determined to dominate, you match his every step with stoic silence and a challenging grin.

Sometime later, you put your 10th can to the side of your computer. You realize you lost track of time-and this guy doesn't seem to want to quit and take a break, either.

"Haha, what a chump! You ready to quit, bro?!" He croons as he massacres you with a multi-missile to the face. Damn! You must have your revenge!

=====================================================================================
"I abhor the usage of unknown drugs, but if you say it's for the betterment of our people, then I have no qualm in accepting it as a test." Ria said to the scientist.

"Though, I'm happy with myself just as imperfect as I am, if this would further our cause, then I accept."

Undergo testing!

The Doctor smiles creepily.

Sometime later, after a battery of tests you come more or less feeling normal-he was right about what he said though. The Izo ampule is like...electricity in a bottle. It makes you feel like a God. Stronger, faster, more focused.

You feel like you could take on anything...if you just had a bit more.

The Doctor looks up from his note taking.

"...Ahh, thank you for helping me, young miss-it was quite... illuminating. I will give you a free sample to use in the field as you like. I can make more, of course, for a small price. X-COM has not officially issued this, but you and both know we need every advantage, jah? Long term effects are unknown, but if the alternative is the end of Humanity, does it really matter?" He says, smiling coldly.

He hands you a small disposable injector, with a vial of rich green Iso connected-you merely place it on your neck and press the trigger...

Blech.  A ingenious design, assuming it was engineered.  God forbid it was natural evolution.  Still gross, though.

After going over it, Lake gave his report.

"It's alive, certainly.  Got at least five chemicals mixing in here- maybe nitro and methane, and three I don't recognize at all.  Nasty piece of work, really- looks like a bio-engineered bomb.  I note you gave me a living one, as well- sucker blinked at me.  Nasty thing."

Poke it in the eye, then continue to look for the brain.

*squelch*

Feeling like the worlds weirdest bully, you prod the critter in it's eye with your pointer finger. That seems to make it mad...well, madder. The growling increases by a treble pitch.

You hear an amplified voice from behind the blast shield again.

"Oh, now you've done it!"

You ignore him, looking for the brain. If it's alive, it must...

Intelligence Check
[4][5]

There, embedded in the skin. The size of a pea-but it's got two lobes. It certainly looks like a brain. A cursory search shows at least a half a dozen more of these tiny brains, no doubt backups. Looking deeper, you note hair thin cords leading from them...to a single point, a cluster of nerves set around a flat, green chip-like device about the size of your pinky nail. There are small crystals set around loosely it in a circle-oddly pretty....but they gleam with razor sharp edges.

What now?

"Uh... yes, thank you all.  If nobody needs me right now I'll be on my way.  Anyone have the time?"
Take my leave, get the time, find a map to discreetly find out where X-Command is.
"So, Miss... Aribel.  Have you... been working here long?"

A wall clock shows it to be late evening-5 PM, in what timezone they'll never say.

"As new as anyone can be I guess. I was here when X-COM opened it's doors...I'm sort of a talent scout, these days-I looked for agents and bring them into the fold..."

You pass by a holographic map of the X-COM facility. Without turning aside so obviously, you can make out six levels-and the bottomost level is labeled COMMAND.

"...I know I made the right choice with you, though. Mr. Carr. Psions are...not quite taken seriously here, despite evidence the invaders might utilize some sort form of it for communication and attack. You know soldier types-mud, blood and guns. They only believe the hard stuff, what they can...feel, and taste.

Lofty ideals oft fly over their heads."
She comments airily.

Alexendre sits down on the mat, his eyes closed and his expression meditative. He sat this way for a few moments, before his eyelids popped back open, and he stood. Sighing, he walked for the door and others to speak with.
((Is he in France or on base?))

In time, all roads lead to Bug Hunt-the Bar that serves X-COM agents with a slice of home. The bar owner, Maggie, gives you a nod and a smile.

"Good evening, Alex." She says, using your first name. Maggie knows everyone in the base, easily-and it's hard not to like her.

"How'd the VR session go? Did that Abello woman give you another kobayashi Maru test?" She says, pouring you a cold glass of your favorite drink-VR time dilation does have an odd side effect of making one seem much hungrier and thirstier than they would be normally.

Ever the perfect bartender, Maggie waits for your response-be it stoic silence, whimsy or plaintive confession-she'll hear it all with a sympathetic ear. Much like a therapist, but with free steak.

You note today's special, is indeed Ribeye Steak (and she can cook fiercely)-and Butternut Squash is the weekly side-dish.

Theres one other woman in the bar-a leggy, Nordic blonde studying some sort of complicated schematic on a table-and drinking a long island ice tea, whilst polishing off a plate of fries and chili.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2012, 10:22:22 am »

Challenge him to one more round, while discreetly entering the cheat codes. Maybe hack the computer a bit.

((I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2012, 11:10:00 am »

Alexendre sips his cocktail, trying to focus on Maggie long enough to carry on a conversation. The blonde certainly was distracting, however.
"Yup. Bravery this time. Failed it, although they say I didn't."
As Alexendre shared the story, his voice took a bitter note, and beneath that, one of self-dissipointment.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »

She nods, listening.

"Well, given the odds we're facing...I wouldn't be too down on yourself for choosing to back out like you did. We need living heroes, not dead ones.

I also think the test wasn't exactly right...I mean, suicide goes against our nature. Even if its for a cause, it's the same as surrendering to death-and you're not that sort of person to do either. "

She pauses, silently asking if he'd like a refill.

"...now, if those critters busted in here right now-right now-you'd be willing to die to stop them, right? To keep me and the rest of people here safe as long as you could? I know you would. You're a good man, Alex.

That's the difference between a Fanatic and a Hero-a Fanatic is someone desperate enough to be willing to fight and die for their beliefs-and kill others to enforce that upon them-ultimately, he seeks to die, because he's already lost hope. A Hero fights as well, but he would rather survive, and live for his beliefs-the more difficult path, I'd say-and if he must sacrifice his life, he does so in the hope that others may come to live by the credo he treasures.

I'd say as long as you don't lose Hope, Alex, you'll always be a hero in my eyes."
She finishes with a warm smile.

You notice the Blonde woman was paying attention to all-but when you notice her, she blushes visibly, and goes back to her schematics.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »

((Dwarmintm: "Romantic subplots for you. Now. What do you mean you don't want them?"))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »

"Oh, well, I'll have to try not to let you down, then.  You know, I wasn't convinced of the whole psionic thing myself 'til the first time I read someone.  The rest of my class was the same way.  Not that most of them even got to the reading stage... you know, only a quarter of that class even graduated the program?  I don't know what happens to the rest, they don't go back to the military, that's for sure."
Idly chatting, Ed follows the smell of cooking meat and eventually ends up at a place called Bug Hunt.
"You have a bar on base?  Do I get any spending money?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »

((OOC:*hits Caellath with a Stun Rod*))

"Oh, well, I'll have to try not to let you down, then.  You know, I wasn't convinced of the whole psionic thing myself 'til the first time I read someone.  The rest of my class was the same way.  Not that most of them even got to the reading stage... you know, only a quarter of that class even graduated the program?  I don't know what happens to the rest, they don't go back to the military, that's for sure."
Idly chatting, Ed follows the smell of cooking meat and eventually ends up at a place called Bug Hunt.
"You have a bar on base?  Do I get any spending money?"
She momentarily has a troubled look on her face

"Well...maybe I'll tell you later. Let's just say you're pretty lucky I found you when I did."

She leads you to the bar.

"Yeah, we call this place the Bughunt-good food and cold drinks. Don't worry about money-Maggie wouldn't take anything from us, and the Government handles her business expenses...if you're talking about uh, spending money outside...not in here, alright? There's alot of secrets being kept around here."

The bartender sidles over after dropping another cocktail for a strong and sober looking German man-Maggie looks the epitode of the classic Southern girl, though her accent seems more worldly than you might have guessed at first. There's another woman in the bar-pretty, maybe...Swedish? Eh. She's studying an interesting schematic you recognize as a architectural blueprint for some sort of aircraft.

"Well, hello there New Guy. Welcome to the Bughunt Bar and Grill-this is my place, don't let anyone tell you different." She says cheerily, deftly arranging the bar for serving in one swoop. "You got a name, New Guy? And what'll you be having?

If I had to guess, you look like you're getting over of one Dr. Leifs Knockout Cocktails. I thought we weren't using those to recruit anymore, Aribel?"
She notes coyly.

Ms. Aribel shrugs hopelessly, grinning.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2012, 12:59:53 pm »

"Heh.  Yeah, I guess I really need to wash that one down, I'll have whatever the house specialty is.  Name's Ed Carr, pleased to meet you, Miss Maggie.  And... is that steak I smell?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18