Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21366 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 01:21:03 pm »

"You got it, sweetie.

And yeah, that's steak-and if you ask how I got prime Ribeyes into a secret underground base with no official contact to the outside world, you'll never get one. I'll get started on yours."
She says, winking.

Maggie turns to Aribel, who holds up two fingers-whatever he's having, double it. She turns back to the kitchen and begins working...she deftly mixes two Irish Ale Cocktails and slides them over to the two of you.

Aribel drinks slowly-purposefully, you're sure-and mentions..."Honestly, Maggie is a good friend to everyone around here-she used to own the land we rebuilt X-COM HQ on, and they had to bulldoze her bar...she had such a temper and threatened to raise such a fuss, they decided to give her clearance and let her run this place down here for morale purposes. It's worked out for everyone. She makes great drinks, and...she has an understanding with command. If you ever feel the need to bend the rules a bit, talk to Mag-she'll be straight with you.

You'd do good to get to know her. She knows everyone else, anyway."

A good 20 minutes later, Maggie serves you up with a ribeye steak the size of a hubcap (at least to your eye). It smells quite Heavenly. Given your ravenous hunger-you haven't eaten in at least 36 hours-it's hard to resist the urge to go caveman on it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

((Uh...what about my action?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 02:03:34 pm »

Challenge him to one more round, while discreetly entering the cheat codes. Maybe hack the computer a bit.

((I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.))

((Uh, I guess I blanked you out. I generally like RP over mechanical stuff...and I've got a lot of people vying for my attention.

Try to be less generic, generic internet guy))

Intelligence Roll
[5][1+1]

*cheat cheat cheat*

You grin like a villain, hacking into the game effortlessly. It's only cheating if you get caught!

"What the...you just walked through a wall! Do you know what you've done?!" He sputters, having blatantly witnessed your cheating ways.

You hear a mildly loud alarm go off-and a pleasant voice over the intercom.

~ELECTRONIC INTRUSION DETECTED. COMPUTER LAB LOCKDOWN IN PROGRESS.~

You've been caught!

You notice the doors begins to seal themselves with extra-dramatically slow security shutters. Your gamer friend hops up from his chair and slides under one of them stylishly to escape, pausing only to reach back under and recover his fedora, after it fell off. "See you later, buddy!" He chortles. Who was what guy?

The question is, what are you using this time to do?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 02:12:46 pm »

...What....just happened? Did...I cause that? Oh god, did I cause that?!

I pace for a bit, unfazed by the blaring sirens, before coming to a realization.

OH MY GOD. HE WAS CHEATING TOO!

Sit down at his computer and try to gather the codes he was using through simple firewall bypassing and data retrieval. That is, if the computer still works.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 02:28:31 pm »

Intelligence Roll
[3][3]

You move to your fellow gamers console, digging for anything you can find-but first, you stop the program he has set to delete all his logs and records before it can do much damage. Hey, he WAS cheating-infinite health, water walking, aimbotting, invulnerability, wall walking, limitless jumping...and unlimited turbo Carrots! When you played Looney Tunes Kart Racing, anyway. You begin to download the programs onto a nearby empty disk of your own-this might actually come in handy when developing something actually useful.

You hardly notice the shutter doors slamming shut with utter finality. You do notice, however, when black clad X-COM Swat troopers rush in and encircle you about 5 minutes later. You look around, holding up your disk.

"Put the weapon down now sir!" One of them yells. You hear lots of guns pointed in your direction.

Hey, what are all these red dots on your shirt? They're itchy.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 03:53:36 pm »

Uh...I can explain?

Try to talk my way out of the situation. Tell them the WHOOOLE story, except the disk. Call it...uh...Skyrim. Yeah, Skyrim.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »

Alex sat for a moment, contemplating Maggies words over his cocktail, stirring it and sipping occasionally.
"You're right, of course, but I still can't help feeling like a coward... Hey, who's the blonde over there?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 07:31:19 pm »

What an interesting fellow. I'll have to visit him from time to time.

Stow my new weapon with my personal belongings, unless I am permitted to walk about the station with it, in which case just hang on to it. Head to the Research Center.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 08:29:05 pm »

Uh...I can explain?

Try to talk my way out of the situation. Tell them the WHOOOLE story, except the disk. Call it...uh...Skyrim. Yeah, Skyrim.

You try to explain, but your marathon game session and over indulgence of energy drinks renders your words a distorted madmans babble.

Needless to say, you end up being taken prisoner before you can say much.

After some time alone in the detention brig, the CO of X-COM actually pays you a visit...it's The General himself. You can't see him clearly in the shadows-but his presence is deafening.

"...Son, are you gonna explain why you spent 5 straight hours in the computer laboratory before breaking into our servers and causing a security alert? The fire team said they found you babbling away like you were on drugs or something, though your system was more or less clean.

Needless to say, this is not good for your first day."

His glower, it burns.
=====================================================================================

Alex sat for a moment, contemplating Maggies words over his cocktail, stirring it and sipping occasionally.
"You're right, of course, but I still can't help feeling like a coward... Hey, who's the blonde over there?"
She leans close, speaking to you quietly.

"Ah, nice girl, a bit shy though. Her name is Kathryn Summers, a new X-Com squaddie-she came in just this morning on the Ox transport.

Demolitions expert. Pretty sharp, from what I hear, wrote a paper on how to hypothetically destroy a UFO with planted explosives...four years before Mumbai. Turned out she was mostly right about how to do it, even if her reckoning of how much power was needed was a bit underestimated."

=====================================================================================
What an interesting fellow. I'll have to visit him from time to time.

Stow my new weapon with my personal belongings, unless I am permitted to walk about the station with it, in which case just hang on to it. Head to the Research Center.

Indeed you head-apparently, you can carry a weapon around base as long as it's not loaded-ammo is stored in emergency lockers, if the occasion arose for one to have to use them.

You take the lift to the research center-and take a gander at the Holographic map. People have left notes here-it's as easy as taking the nearby stylus and writing your message on the screen.

General Storage (r#r#!or#!@u!#(pt#*li!#n!!#!e1)
Medlab (Test Subjects wanted!)
Research Core (Archives opened for New Agents)
Main Engineering (Com-bot Tournament Tonight)
Alien Containment 
Aircraft Construction (Brain Storm Seminar Today)
No Admittance

---
...Has anyone seen Scrapper? He's an Orange Tom with Black stripes.  :( Please contact Dr. Regus if you see him...
*Have you checked the archives? Maybe he's lost in there.

...Testing Izo Ampules in Med-Bay. Need willing test subjects. Dr. Leif...
*Looking to experiment on Older Male Test Subject

...Please do not enter Alien Containment. Security lock=down is currently under effect while we double check our systems. Head Int...

...We really need someone to check with Geo! We're going to lose refrigeration down here. WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT ICE CREAM PEOPLE.

...Com-bot battle royale tonight! Make sure you bets are in!
*Deathtrocution will DESTROY YOU ALL!
*Vote for Mr. Benihana!
*Lady Discombobulation awaits all challengers!
*You guys are nerds! ~Barry

....Whats going on in General Storage? I tried to get in by my pass-card wouldn't work. We're completely locked out.
*Weren't they fumigating?
*No, that was last week.
*I think it's that new security AI they installed. Did they upgrade without telling us?
*!E@&!R@^!O@!@$R#()$@#(

...Dr. Frieda's Birthday this Sunday-meet us in Bughunt for a party. We got cake, but that's classified as to how.
*Hint: It was Maggie.

Where to?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 08:54:12 pm »

"Ah. I can tell."
Alex stands as if to go meet her, but sits back down, a thoughtful expression on his face.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:58:29 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »

Now that the effects of the energy drinks have worn off, I explain what happened.

Well, I walked into the lab, just to hang out and play some games, and there was this guy, in a fedora, and he seemed pretty concentrated in whatever he was doing, so I decided to challenge him to a competition in...Doom. Yeah...Doom. We weren't playing any racing games or anything... ANYWAY, we were about halfway through, and I had had about, like, ten energy drinks, and suddenly the alarm went off, just as I was about to cream him! Anyway, he somehow made it out, but I waited to get my copy of...SKYRIM! Yeah, I needed to get my copy of Skyrim out of the, uh, computer thingymajigger.

You believe me, right?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New one is up since werty got me killed.
You will pay werty, somehow, some day you will pay!!!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:43:25 pm by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New one is up since werty got me killed.
You will pay werty, somehow, some day you will pay!!!!

((Buys ALL the nades))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »

((I like the way you've set that up! Very nice indeed! :D))

Head to the Med-Bay, more experiments sound interesting. Go to general storage and see whats going on.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:48:45 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »

((Ugh.))

From here

"Of course it matters..." Ria said to herself as she strode out and into the corridor after thanking the doctor. The feeling awoke her inner fears, mostly on the sense of liking it. Drug addiction was one thing, but the conjunction given by the doc unsettled her.

She looked at the syringe with a tinge of guilt before stowing it away in a safe location.

Head to Research Sector, question if I could modify any of the rifles for personal use.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18