Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441177 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #990 on: March 19, 2016, 07:00:25 pm »

You're sure it's from "wild seeds" and not "mixed seeds"? Wild seeds ought to be crafted from wild forage and yield homegrown wild forage - should be a set of seeds from each season except maybe winter(which ought to require the greenhouse?).
I'm just posting to confirm that wild seeds exist for Winter; you get them from the winter forage bundle and can craft them at some high foraging level.  I didn't try planting them outside on my first winter, though, so I don't know if you need the greenhouse to grow them.  I was regularly burning all my stamina on the mines, farm clearance, or more rarely trying to fish, and regular foraging was enough to get me what I needed on that front without planting extra seeds.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 19, 2016, 07:05:21 pm »

You're sure it's from "wild seeds" and not "mixed seeds"? Wild seeds ought to be crafted from wild forage and yield homegrown wild forage - should be a set of seeds from each season except maybe winter(which ought to require the greenhouse?).
I'm just posting to confirm that wild seeds exist for Winter; you get them from the winter forage bundle and can craft them at some high foraging level.  I didn't try planting them outside on my first winter, though, so I don't know if you need the greenhouse to grow them.  I was regularly burning all my stamina on the mines, farm clearance, or more rarely trying to fish, and regular foraging was enough to get me what I needed on that front without planting extra seeds.

You don't need a greenhouse, you can grow them in a regular field. Nice source of income in the winter if you just turn a part of your harvest into the seedpacks. They're pretty good too, just need one of each 4 plants and you get 10 seeds.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 19, 2016, 07:47:28 pm »

You can also get winter seeds from putting a winter root in a seed maker.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 19, 2016, 10:39:04 pm »

Also to note. You make more money selling the Seedpackets then you do selling the Forage seperatly. Even if they are all Gold Star. Though I haven't checked on the 4 Forage crops yet...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 19, 2016, 11:02:07 pm »

After two or three months of pig ownership, I have received my first truffle.

That was even more annoying than a duck feather.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #995 on: March 20, 2016, 01:40:53 am »

Also to note. You make more money selling the Seedpackets then you do selling the Forage seperatly. Even if they are all Gold Star. Though I haven't checked on the 4 Forage crops yet...

Wait, what? How does that work? Are you talking about the wild seed packs, the ones made from forage? You say the seed packets are worth more than the forage, but that you haven't checked the forage crops, so I'm confused. :-\

(Also, yes, Akura, I meant "mixed seeds" - fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.)

EDIT: According to the wiki, the winter forage crops sell for:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone know how much the seed packets sell for? That doesn't seem to be on the wiki.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:46:31 am by Sappho »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:48 am »

Really? I got around six the first day my pair of pigs became adult.

Are you aware that unlike the other animal products, you need to actually be out on the farm yourself while the pigs are outside for them to find truffles? The area they have access to may also play a role, I let mine have free run of the farm.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 20, 2016, 04:46:07 am »

Wait, what? How does that work? Are you talking about the wild seed packs, the ones made from forage? You say the seed packets are worth more than the forage, but that you haven't checked the forage crops, so I'm confused. :-\

(Also, yes, Akura, I meant "mixed seeds" - fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.)

EDIT: According to the wiki, the winter forage crops sell for:

Anyone know how much the seed packets sell for? That doesn't seem to be on the wiki.

No clue, I just saved mine for the next winter.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 20, 2016, 04:52:35 am »

Spring 35
Summer 55
Fall ??
Winter 30

edit: Two more of the boxes that require a random object to unlock have been unlocked.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:02:17 am by Metalax »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #999 on: March 20, 2016, 05:39:41 am »

I just tried it with the summer seeds. Depending on the quality of the forage you use, they cost 215-322 to make 10, and they sell for 55 each, so it is worth crafting them into seeds to sell. Not sure about the other seasons. I'll have to try it.

I've got tons of money suddenly. At the start of summer I bought 36 of each type of seed and planted them all. I've had to abandon all my other pursuits (mining, social life, etc.) to keep up with the constant harvesting, and making new seeds to replant (plus watering the ones which don't have sprinklers yet) but I'm raking in lots of cash. My house is in the process of getting the second upgrade, then I'm going to build a new barn and coop and demolish the two I placed badly. I've spent a little time exploring the skull mine, too, but I feel like I don't have good enough equipment to do well in there yet. Need to find irridium, I suppose, though I don't know where's a good place to do that. Probably in the skull mine itself I guess...

EDIT: I wanted to take a screen shot of my whole farm but apparently doing so is a ridiculously complex process that involves modifying my hardware settings in BIOS. Jesus. Anyone know of another way of doing it, short of simply taking multiple shots and stitching them together manually? That actually sounds less complicated than using GeDoSaTo...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:24:51 am by Sappho »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 20, 2016, 07:16:56 am »

I'm going to build a new barn and coop and demolish the two I placed badly.

You could spare one of the barns, and have lots of kegs/barrels in it.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1001 on: March 20, 2016, 07:27:56 am »

I may do that, actually.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 20, 2016, 08:32:17 am »

Considering lightning can destroy any placed item outside as well as your crops, this is probably a good idea.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 20, 2016, 08:44:16 am »

Considering lightning can destroy any placed item outside as well as your crops, this is probably a good idea.

Do lightning rods help? I've got around six of them and thirty or so pieces of farm equipment that have never been destroyed.

Are you aware that unlike the other animal products, you need to actually be out on the farm yourself while the pigs are outside for them to find truffles? The area they have access to may also play a role, I let mine have free run of the farm.

Yes. I even stood next to one making sure it stayed on a patch of dirt for five hours.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:53:55 am by Mephisto »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 20, 2016, 09:21:22 am »

Do lightning rods help? I've got around six of them and thirty or so pieces of farm equipment that have never been destroyed.
While lightning strikes will usually go to your rods, regardless of the number of rods you have there is a small random chance that it will instead hit a random spot on your farm, deconstructing what was there and leaving it lying on the floor.

It is a pretty low chance however and you'd generally need to have a large amount of your farm covered in paving/machines/something that can be destroyed to see it.

Yes. I even stood next to one making sure it stayed on a patch of dirt for five hours.

The chance for them to dig them up may be linked to the day's luck and possibly the season. It's very unusual for my pair of pigs not to produce at least 1-2 truffles in the 5 or so hours I'm typically at the farm itself each day.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 91