Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46349 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2012, 08:23:44 am »

Dwarves should stop killing themselves so they can buy new stuff with life insurance money.
Selfish dwarves will no longer make themselves the beneficiary of their own life insurance.
Fixed a bug where merchants selling only weapons and armor could be convicted of insurance fraud.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2012, 11:24:01 am »

Fixed lightning instantly disentegrating a dwarf and all of their clothes save for their shoes.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:05 am »

-Fixed dwarven life insurance. Dwarves can no longer perform insurance fraud if they fake their own deaths.

- Fixed insurance so vampires and zombies no longer collect insurance due to already being dead.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »

-Fixed dwarven life insurance. Dwarves can no longer perform insurance fraud if they fake their own deaths.
- Fixed insurance so vampires and zombies no longer collect insurance due to already being dead.
Undead dwarves no longer trigger infinite life insurance payments by constantly being killed and ressurected.
Ghosts are now properly used to obstruct life insurance payments.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »

Crashes are AMONG the first things Toady fixes.
I again repeat invitation to Mantis. Filter by Severity: crash.

Any game-breakers that cause the game to crash every seven minutes at best would be removed ASAP, if they even got into the released version.
I was obviously sarcastic. -.- DF will be abandoned long before reaching this kind of state.

And Toady intends to multi thread eventually.
I find it hard to believe he would multithread DF. AFAIK he do not have intention to do so in any predictable future. Care to give link?
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »

I think Toady intends to multithread DF eventually? I am not aware of anything where he said he wouldn't, and see no reason it would be bad, just tough and a good idea to leave until the end.
Sig

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »

IIRC, it's a case of him saying how he's really not that familiar with multi-thread programming, and is thinking he would probably have to build most of the game from the ground up if he was trying to do anything (more than the graphics side-threading, Baugn-assisted) in that sort of manner.

But I'm probably paraphrasing the whole mis-remembered episode. pre-filtered through conversations and idle talk by other Bay12ers rather than from the Toady's mouth.  I suspect someone will be along with a direct quote from the DFTalks or something, in a moment, one way or another.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 02:38:46 am »

Any game-breakers that cause the game to crash every seven minutes at best would be removed ASAP, if they even got into the released version.
I was obviously sarcastic. -.- DF will be abandoned long before reaching this kind of state.

The end! THE EEEEEEEND! Fools! It is NIGH!

Or something to that effect.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2012, 08:53:12 am »

Dwarves should no longer have negative thoughts about not praying for a long time if they are atheists.

Communist Dwarven societies will no longer take money as tax.

Nerve-to-nerve communication SHOULD not longer electrically shock creatures.

Time travelling to dates before world gen will not destroy dwarves now.

Photons now move through eyes, blindness has been updated accordingly. This should also allow creatures with custom visual organs to see correctly as well, as long as the photons come into contact with the right surfaces.

Next patch will include allowing modders to set custom Laws of Physics, potentially allowing scientists to devise methods on how to exist in parallel dimensions.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:25 am »

- Fixed a floating-point error in quantum phenomena calculations.  Extremely long world gen civs should no longer deduce that they are living in a simulation by measuring quantum fluctuations.
 - Added checks to prevent save-scumming in multiplayer games in order to avoid causal loops.
 - Adventure mode should now properly overwrite the free-will of your character.  Adventurers should no longer beg others to free them of their enslavement.
 - Deities once again buffed.
 - Megabeasts have been re-enabled.  They now alter local physical laws in such a way that allows them to exist, until a more permanent solution is found.
 - Disabled randomized physical laws until more reasonable limitations can be implimented.  World gen should reject far fewer worlds now.

In other news, the Nobel Prize committee has decided the Physics award for the discovery of room-temperature superconductors will be jointly awarded to both me and DorfBeard73, who's dwarves were the first to make this discovery.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »

Toady- I got married to to girl of my dreams.

Bay12-awww

Toady-Dwarf Fortress will not be updated ever agin.

Bay12- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2012, 05:12:00 pm »

Toady- I got married to to girl of my dreams.

Bay12-awww

Toady-Dwarf Fortress will not be updated ever agin.

Bay12- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Will not occur, this his day job. Besides, one day Bay12 will simply plant his brain in a computer.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2012, 08:08:08 pm »

made dwarves a little dumber , i am tired of them building computers and trying to hack out of the game and take over my computer .

...I think you figured out what happened to the dwarves in The Elder Scrolls.

Sadly I don't have anythig funny to add. :/
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2012, 02:15:26 am »

- Adventure mode: you are no longer honour-bound to fulfill the quest of killing yourself. Turns out there are more villainous adventurers out there than anticipated.
- Fixed the failed symmetry breaking bug that resulted in an empty universe during worldgen.
- Stopped military dwarves from making random solo suicide charges during combat (with the exception of worshippers of suicide gods, hehe...)
- Sock Event Horizon should no longer happen.
- The universe should now always have at least one life-bearing world.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2012, 06:06:47 am »

- Only a failed Astrogation skill role should normally plot an orbital insertion manoeuvre that is retrograde to the target body.  (Although a brilliant success may produce that solution if it best avoids a hostile Elven fleet or other potential hazard.)

- Cloning skills are now reflected in the perfection of the copy.  Bare success introduces random errors (downgraded versions of the various failure modes).  Good success makes more perfect.  Better than and you can be presented with a number of options to 'improve' the result, just like the current Genetic Therapy process.  New INIT setting and in-game options gives you the opportunity to pre-set preferences so you're never asked (the default), always asked, or uses your first time choices until you change them again.

- The revised chemistry system respects the energy stored in (and hence needed to create) most triple-bonded compounds.  Cyanide-based compounds are still handled by the old fudging system, for compatibility issues, for coding reasons, but alkynes can now arise 'naturally'.  Hard-coded dicarbon has been removed, however, after certain advice from the forums.

- A sixth Platonic Solid has been added into the geometry mechanism.  Let me know what you think about it!

- Found a use for Trained Slugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18