Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46322 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2012, 05:20:24 pm »

Fixed a bug where suicidal dwarves did not always disable survival instincts, leading to amusing scenarios where suicidal dwarves would run back and forth in front of a hazard.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »

-Fixed the bug where fire-worshippers would not be upset that their on fire.
-Dimple cup brew is now properly classifed as a class-3 illegal substance, so dimple-related industrial activties are now guarded accordingly.
-Dimple-Addicted Dwarves should no longer suck on dyed shirts. The dye is both poisonous and lacks a high, so they shouldn't be doing it anymore.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2012, 05:49:13 pm »

Fixed a bug where dwarves would seek out syndrome-causing materials with positive syndromes despite the presence of negative syndromes as well. You don't need to worry about dwarves purposefully drinking the modded plant extracts that relieve pain and cause lungs to rot anymore,
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2012, 05:51:02 pm »

Fixed a bug that caused every single object and creature's atoms split on a fort, causing infinite thermonuclear explosions.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2012, 06:29:19 pm »

Nuclear explosions should no longer ignite the atmosphere.
Igniting the air due to alcoholic rain no longer causes effects outside the alcohol-laden area.
Sig

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »

Radioactivity no longer causes cancer instantly, dwarves shouldn't be growing twenty tumors at once anymore.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

Dwarves will no longer have their AI screwed up by variants in the gravitational constant or other physical laws.
Sig

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2012, 04:14:28 am »

-Planepacked artifacts can no longer be used to power time machines. More traditional methods are still available.
-The number of sacrifices needed to summon elder gods has been increased by approximately 33%.
-A dwarf that hears Justin Bieber or Rebecca Black should now go berserk more often, while other forms of insanity have been decreased.
-Dwarves attending rehab for their alcohol addiction are no longer immediately marked as enemies of your civilization.
-Kobolds have made amends with the mountain gnomes, and should no longer be at war with them by default.
-The effects of social skills on trading have been reduced again. A dwarf that is legendary +5 in all skills no longer convinces the buyer that a single sock is worth more than everything in existence.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2012, 10:09:33 am »

-Legendary nobles won't bitch slap anyone they see anymore .
-dwarves won't be jealous on themselves if they have expensive stuff and won't "steal" their own stuff .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2012, 06:50:20 am »

- Having a copper or copper alloy bucket in your well now reduces risk of infection. The same applies to tables used in the hospital.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2012, 08:29:28 pm »

Dwarves who mutate physically should now react with horror. I'm working on better situational reactions now, so you might have a three-armed dwarven supervillan, heh heh.
Sig

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2012, 09:51:44 pm »

Trauma has now been fixed to allow Dorfs to suffer Only mild problems. Until, that is, dorfs and their little brains decide that an event was just too similar* (footnote, heh heh) to a past expiriance to be left alone. Upon expiriancing a past trauma activating expiriance, the said dorf will overreact* (footnote.)

Trauma also effects animals and children now.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:21 pm »

-I removed the whip fix. I know it's way less realistic for the whip to cut off whatever part you wrap it around, but I got so many complaints and bug reports about it that I finally gave in.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2012, 07:38:52 am »

Umbrellas can now be equipped with hidden fun. Options include sword, poison dart, rapier or gun.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:23 pm »

When prices rise and the two cheapest products are the same price, dwarves will no longer switch back and forth several times per market visit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18