Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36798 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2012, 09:17:10 am »

Fire an ice spear at the eye.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2012, 01:35:17 pm »

((Yes, new players will always be accepted, just fill out the sheet and wait for the time to hop in.))

Rodri Swings, barely bothering with the hammer while the sword tears into the eye, splashing it's blood onto the wall. (4 damage) the eye releases one more shriek into the room, vines wither into heaps of brown as they all drop from the ceiling, uncovering a source of light, previously enveloped by vines. Most likely artificial sunlight, much like the light in the town above. It shines on a nearby wall, causing some enchanted runes to show themselves, revealing some text of some sort.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dread Lurker
Elite enemy- this is the first one you've encountered, they are tougher than others, can take many of you on at once, and commonly guard treasure related to them. They have much different structures than standard enemies. They appear mostly every 2 levels of the dungeon.
No HP
Contact areas- Left Leg, Right Leg, Wall of plant, Eye.
Legs- 10 LHP
Wall- 20 LHP
Eye- 15 LHP
Special limb rules- If both legs are destroyed, eye will drop to ground and take 5 damage from landing, wall's current LHP would be halved. The eye halves accuracy of all attacks against it. If the eye is attacked while the wall is still standing, the damage will be halved, then defense will be taken into account.
Defense- 1 (natural)
Resistances- (This is basically what is less effective against it.) Blunt weaponry: -3 damage(not incl. spells). Spells: -1 damage
Attacks- Thorn spear- 2-8 damage, piercing, 70 accuracy. Plant hammer- 3-6 damage, blunt, 60 accuracy.
Vine storm- only happens once, when the wall is taken down. 3-6 damage, attacks (1-4)+4 times.
Abilities- can animate skeletons with its extensions. It only appears after they are destroyed, which their stats are as follows- (none have HP)
Large creatures (humans, orcs, elves, etc.)- 6 LHP. 3-5 blunt damage attack.
Medium creatures (wolves, dogs, foxes, etc.)- 5 LHP. 2-4 slashing (biting) damage attack.
Small creatures (birds, squirrels, large rats, etc.)- 3 LHP. 1-3 piercing damage attack. only 3 contact areas (places able to be attacked.)

and, as a bonus, an explanation to the creature.

Ecology- Living in damp places, the creature is only a large Eyeball that is defenseless on its own. However, if it comes in contact with large amounts of plant matter they can become very dangerous. more often than not, they use moss or vines, though if brought to a desert they could control the plantlife there, though it would die quickly of dehydration. They commonly stay in lairs, living off of foolish creatures that search refuge as they end up finding themselves attacked by the local flora, and die. The Dread Lurker would then proceed to devour the creature through means unknown (the same way that they shriek, we presume) and manipulate its bones to fight for them, so it won't have to enter itself into danger.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2012, 01:44:17 pm »

Jerri sits down to rest for half a minute after the battle. "Never been attacked by a giant eye-plant before. Weird wizard."

Examine the runes.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2012, 02:11:56 pm »

The orc leans against the nearest wall, catching his breath.

He watches his companions with renewed respect, although they can't see that of course.

''That was a damn good fight. How did that mage manage to get one of these in his dungeon, anyway?''

The creature certainly was a curious thing, especially the eye.

''If this is only the first level of the dungeon, there will be a lot more danger coming our way.''

He walks up to the rest and waits until they are ready to move on.

''Name's Razgar, by the way.''

Just follow the others.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:14:25 pm by Atilliano »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2012, 02:20:44 pm »

"Good job, team."
Rodri sighs and makes a quick swooping pattern with his sword, splattering blood across the wall as he cleans the metal blade.

"This is the second level. We moved down the stairs coming from the first one. My name is Rodri, pleased to meet you, Razgar." he says, turning back to the orc and the rest of his teammates before crouching to examine the area around.

Jerri seemed busy with the runes and so the knight decided to look around for anything else worth of note.

Search for loot and Mother's Crests on any of the skeletons.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2012, 02:45:22 pm »

Jerri steps up to the runes after resting, scanning over them. They all seem to be indicating that there is some kind of pressure plate on the wall in this room, pointing in the general direction. It all seems to refer to something as "A projection of life, tearing onto those that oppose them." hidden in this room.

Rodri sifts through the vines and skeletons, finding nothing of note. The human skeleton does have something, however, on it. The back of its left hand contains a grey X, slightly off center.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2012, 03:09:22 pm »

Jerri looks intently at the runes, mumbling as he reads them over again. "I think there's a button on that wall," he raises his hand towards the wall. "I don't know what it does. It's either a trap or a weapon ... Stand back."

Locate and activate the pressure plate.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »

Jerri slides his hand across the walls, eventually finding a tile that was seemingly loose. Carefully, he activates the pressure plate.
Suddenly, a segment of wall nearby him slides up into the ceiling, revealing a small room with an unexplained light coming from above. The center of the room contains a long and thin wooden chest, incredibly smooth and well kept. Untouched by wear and tear, appearing as if it is new. No lock is on it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2012, 03:36:45 pm »

((Could you apply Tiruin's healing on Rodri? :P))

"Found a Crest here. I'll take it back with us." Rodri said as he stowed the bone hand away, turning around and seeing the passage with the chest.

"I'll try my hand at it."

Keep the skeleton's left hand and open the chest carefully with the tip of the sword.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2012, 03:53:57 pm »

((I cant believe i just realized that racial bonus. Oh well.)) Razgar's Hp should be at 2 then,
Lia heals Rodri. Hp- 10. ward-1

Rodri cautiously opens the chest with the tip of his sword, flipping it open when he realizes it's safe. Inside is a long spear-like weapon. It appears to be made entirely out of wood, with thorns coming out of the spear-like part, and the handle being completely smooth. it appears as if it's still alive.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »

Jerri cautiously looks around Rodri and into the chest. "I think we should go back to get this and the scrolls looked at."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2012, 04:12:46 pm »

"Let's do it." the knight says back to Jerri as he examines the rest of the party. Not looking in their top shape, at least.

Back to the entrance's demon.
>Yes?

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2012, 04:22:22 pm »

I agree. We should get back.

Go back to the entrance of the dungeon.

(How much of a beating did my armor receive btw?)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2012, 04:40:59 pm »

((I'm not really going to do anything with breaking armor and such. Though, without that armor you would most certainly had your legs torn off.))

You all head back to the entrance carrying your treasures, the demon waiting there, sitting on a tree stump that almost certainly was not there before. "You got something don't you?" he shifts his gaze to the spear. Standing up, he walks over and grabs the scrolls and spear. "By the way, that axe you found is completely standard, except for the rust."

He simply looks at the scrolls, inspecting them before handing them back, holding the spear. "First, these are scrolls of overgrowth. Basically, they let you cause immense plant growth, controlling them. So you could make a tree if provided a seed, or cause all the plants in a room to make a staircase or such, Maybe even hold an opponent in place."
He then holds up the spear. "You must have killed something big for this spear, it's essentially a normal spear, though it hurts a lot more, and can cause them to start bleeding."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »

"Thanks. Let's go to the temple, heal and ressurrect this." Rodri said, turning back to his teammates and showing the skeleton's hand. Maybe the new one could be more useful.

Altar, heal and revive the hand with the Crest.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54