Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36793 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

((just remember, the vines encompass most of the room, and surround most of the others.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2012, 07:59:15 pm »

"Not gonna try burning vines that retreat. Gonna blind it."

Get a torch from the hallway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2012, 08:37:44 pm »

"Ok then. In one of these moments, I think fire magic would help, which remembers me you could check the scrolls we found in that chest or allow the demon in the exit to examine them just in case there is some trap to it." Rodri answered as he prepared for another attack.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:11 pm »

"I say we pull back, to see if this thing can move out of it's natural territory.

"We're surrounded by vines!"

Heal @ Rasgar, move behind the rest.

((And yes I knew about the leg, Cael. Thanks for quoting it though.  :P))

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:57 am »

Ha! Finally he did some damage to the creature.

Attack the wall again.

(How strong does the vinewall look now? Does it replace the vines we cut down?)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2012, 02:24:09 pm »

Rodri spins around, slamming his hammer into the right leg of vines first, (3 damage) while the sword trails behind, leaving a path of slashed vines behind as it severs the large leg completely, the eye suddenly adjusting itself onto the other leg, what would happen if you cut the other one down?

Jerri jumps into the hallway nearby, yanking at a torch in the wall as the bolts refuse to give way.

Lia rushes to safety, healing Razgar in her rush as well, razgar's HP-9

Razgar rears up again, swinging at an angle for the wall as his sword tears directly through it while the rest of the vines around it droop down and land on the floor, leaving the eye exposed.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Suddenly, an ear piercing shriek resonates in the air almost immediately after the wall fell down, the vines around you go in a frenzy  as thorns are jutting out of the vines while they lash two and fro. They begin to slash into all of you.
Rodri is whipped by two vines, (2) (3) drawing little blood, (5 damage total)
Razgar is swarmed by them, lashing every which way into his armored body, thorns getting caught on plates and rebounding off, just to swing in again. (1) (3) (1) (2) (2) (9 damage total)
Lia has a single vine get to her, but still stings as it lashes across her stomach. (3 damage)
Rodri, though nimble, is still not free from getting hit with one of these vines, (4 damage)
Rodri's HP- 5
Razgar's HP- 0
Lia's HP- 6
Jerri's HP- 2

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2012, 04:30:39 pm »

Rodri tried to avoid damage to no avail, getting hit right as he finished delivering his blow unto the plant. Drops of blood flew into the air as the thorny vines whipped the team mercilessly, elliciting defense attempts that did not work well against such opponent.
"Damn."

Still, no time to waste. Victory, as small and unsung as it was, was within grasp.

Finally attack the eye, swinging both weapons at it with full strength.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2012, 04:39:24 pm »

Return to team. Shoot eye if possible.

"I can't get one."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »

"Stay together! Move out of reach! Shoot the eye! I told you we were surrounded..."

Lia felt the pain from the sudden impact of getting hit by vines, but in checking the others, she wondered what kind of pain the rest were in.

Heal @ Rasgar!

"If only I can heal you all..."

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »

He was losing much blood as his armor and skin underneath it were literally torn to shreds. Maybe he shouldn't have said that thing about firewood...

''I... Take back what I said. Sometimes I do retreat...''

He begins to stumble backwards, away from the eye.

Try getting out of range while keeping the vines at bay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

Rodri lunges forward, swinging the sword with all of his strength directly into the eye, (7 damage) as a bloody gash appears on it, leaving a streak of red on Rodri's sword. the hammer however, simply collided without any real impact.

Jerri returns, firing a bolt of magic directly at the eye as causes blood to spill from the fresh wound. (3 damage)

Lia ignores her pain and heals that of Razgar, causing many of his wounds to begin healing. Razgar's HP- 5

Razgar jumps away, cutting at vines that near him.
--------------------------------------------------------------
While Razgar flees, the eye shifts its gaze to Rodri, a club of vines slamming into his side. (4 damage)
Rodri's HP- 1

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2012, 10:52:40 pm »

Rodri smiles as his sword is bloodied. The blood runs in rivulets down the blade as he once more steadies his ground, recovering from the impact of another attack taken to his armor and flesh.
"Let's see now."

Both hands grip his weapons steadily as he spins his waist, putting his body's momentum into the blow.

Attack the eyes once again.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2012, 12:02:05 am »

"Rodri!"

The party was taking too many hits, and suffering much from the attacks. Lia felt her energy ebb and coalesce as she shifted her focus onto different people.

There must be a way to utilize more of her power!

Heal the good man.

((Remember that +1  :P))

"Aim at the Eye!"

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2012, 06:15:48 am »

Okay, so some magic isn't that bad, but now he was standing too far from the eye.

He could try to flank the thing, of course.

His muscles flex as he begins running around it.

Try to get behind the eye and hack at whatever connects it with the rest of the creature.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2012, 07:26:02 am »

((So I hear this is still accepting new players.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54