Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36692 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:58:04 am »

Note: lots of reading ahead.

"So, you crunchy- Err, fresh new meatbags come to jump into this hole? I doubt you'll survive very long." The large, humanoid creature scans over you all. His skin is black and cracked, much like charcoal. He has a large yellow "X" over his bare chest, glowing at a calming hue, making you feel safe just near him. His lower body is covered in stiff leather pants. His jaw appears to have a large underbite, continuing from his cracked skin creating what appears to be two large lower canines, yet he has no 'normal' teeth. His eyes were glowing the same warm yellow as the mark on his chest.
"You all do have the Mother's crest, correct?" He looked back and forth again, trying to spot the crest on those of you who have it exposed
"Well, if you have that you wont need to worry about dying. It hurts, but you get used to it." This isn't new knowledge to any of you, the crest is what prevents your complete death. With it, as long as your corpse can be returned to an altar, you can be revived.
"I suppose You can all get going to the 'town' now. have fun getting killed a bunch of times." The being pushes open a door, releasing a view of a large town, people bustling along the streets, almost all of them wearing armor or weapons. Those who don't carry weapons are glowing constructs, smoothly moving around the town, generally acting like sapient beings. You all know this is the inside of a large mountain, but the masterful illusion spell creates a beautiful moving sky, living fields, and a calm breeze constantly giving you comfort. You disperse out into the crowd, preparing for the opening next day.

What's going on?:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The gods, and the god system:

The mother goddess

Stats

Leveling up

Weapon Types

Limb stats for lethal Damage:

Melee classes

Spellcaster classes:

Why no Ranger?

Races

Starting equipment

Starting Armor

How do battles work?

Advanced tactics

If there's anything I missed, feel free to point it out. I'll clarify, but last but not least, the "sheet" you'll be using for this. (trust me, the whole thing is simpler than it looks, most of the stuff here is reference for me.)

EDIT: Only 5 players max will enter each dungeon crawl. If killed in dungeon, resurrection calls for 1 day of recuperation. As many people can make characters as they want. Only one character per player unless body is lost in a crawl. (Constantly shifting, so I doubt you'd ever find it again. But percentile dice for loot. you never know.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:48:24 pm by exolyx »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (magic, gods, and lost limbs)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:49:08 am »

I am fairly interested in this. But I gota say. The heavy looks terrible. Unless heavy armor becomes drastically better then all other armor later in the game, that one defense will never be worth the terrible stats.

Anyway. I want to play a Construct I think. I don't suppose you have more info on them in this setting? Are they sapient and such? Are they under the control of their makers?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:08 am »

Ah, about heavies, Heavy armor does get much better, probably reaching double the defense of medium armors since the heavy is going to be drawing lots of attacks away from others.

I knew I forgot to elaborate on something...
Constructs Initially were created by powerful wizards of the past, made to serve them without mind or free will. Once their masters died they seemed to continue doing what they were told, commonly finding towers where the wizard died centuries ago but still attempt to clean using broken brooms and mops. But, rarely through events that nobody exactly understands, some constructs gained the Mother's Crest, gaining a new sentience. Once it was discovered that they could achieve this, Archmages began to try to achieve sentient constructs without the crest. Eventually, only one succeeded. The archmage buried in this tomb. they populate the town and do various things. There are still constructs under the control of their masters though.

The playable ones are very humanoid, much like the ones described to be roaming the town.

And here's a list of players, for convenience.
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Niruir Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atilliano (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mesor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dunamisdeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skyrunner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:18:36 pm by exolyx »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:12:07 am »

Posting sheet soon. >.>

Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:29:00 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:25:14 pm »

Nice to see that there's some interest in this. Spent some time making it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »

Yeah, finishing soon.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 08:04:06 pm »

Let's see.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:16 pm »

Spoiler: Lia Reilawen (click to show/hide)

Hover mouse pointer over colored word to show the description.  :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:44:01 pm by Tiruin »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

Hmm, never thought how the elf stat bonus would apply to healing... I guess It'll just be +1 HP when healing.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:52 am »

I guesss I might as well make one too. Give me some time.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 01:54:28 pm »

This is actually a better turnout than I expected. That makes me happy.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »

So, how long do early reservers have to post a sheet?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:03:16 am by Nirur Torir »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 04:53:50 pm »

I'm going to have a maximum of 5 players per crawl so they don't go overpower everything ever. Since if someone dies it would take a day for them to fully resurrect, so other people will have a chance to go crawling with the main party.

I also just realized how overpowered some races will become over others without all of them having skills, so I'm going to go edit OP a bit. It will only benefit you, so don't really complain. (kobolds got a little debuff, just trying to balance it a little bit.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:09:02 pm by exolyx »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »

Hooray, kobolds!  :D What did you exactly change exolyx?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 11:59:21 pm »

Pretty simple, melee kobolds lose 1 of each type of HP every 5 levels. simply because they're half as likely to be attacked, so with a lot of levels health would raise unimpeded and kobolds would be too strong. now slightly debuffed. I changed the OP on races so you can just check there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54