Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512648 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4965 on: August 02, 2023, 11:13:36 pm »

What is masculinity but a biological power armor we wear over our normal vulnerable identities? Or something idk
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4966 on: August 03, 2023, 12:28:00 pm »

Dreamed I was commanding a bunch of heretic infiltrators against a raid by my players' sororitas chars. They were armed with chainswords and all the fighting happened in a nightclub John Wick style (where all the bystanders are possessed of the brilliant ability to assume any gunfire/lightning/blood is all just a part of the show for some reason). It was freaking awesome but I knew it was a dream since my actual players would have just torched the whole nightclub instead of trying to find the individual heretics

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: August 03, 2023, 12:48:44 pm »

I knew it was a dream since my actual players would have just torched the whole nightclub instead of trying to find the individual heretics

Players are the worst enemy of the gamemaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: August 05, 2023, 03:14:30 am »

Movie dream time, this haven't happened in months!

So I was a soldier on board of Elf Spaceship because like other Humans I escaped Earth which was ruled by Pleasure Palace Corporation of space slavemaster Mongols ruled by a clone of Genghis Khan, all this explained to me by our Elf Captain in a prologue movie. Along with me were Blonde Soldier, Japanese Soldier, Afro-American Soldier, Arab Soldier, Red-Haired Woman (those were their names on uniforms) and Angry Lady Soldier (totally Ripley from Alien). There were also some elven soldier girls, everyone of them tall, with big tits and super long and pointy ears, because obviously.

Elf Empire was at war with Furry Empire so our spaceship was 'running' (not flying, running, I guess it had legs?) to a nearby colony bombarded by Furry Empire ships, but when we got there the colony was destroyed and we all said 'awwww' out loud. The Elf Captain then yelled through intercom that Ur-Quan (the bad guys from Star Control 2), the newest allies of Furry Empire were boarding the ship and we had to prepare for a fight, but while everyone had some sci-fi weapon I only had a hammer. I hid behind some boxes and hammered some Ur-Quan's toes to the floor while others were engaged in brutal laser fight. Then Angry Lady Soldier burst into the room with laser minigun and began shooting down every Ur-Quan and Afro-American Soldier had to help her keep the minigun steady because it was wobbling.

At the end of the fight only me, Angry Lady Soldier and the Afro-American soldier survived the firefight, so naturally we sat down amongst the corpses because elf maids (aprons and all) brought the dinner. Dinner tasted funny to me and I yelled at Elf Biologist seated next to me that he was trying to poison me, and it turned out his food also tasted funny so he counter-yelled at me. Then I had flashbacks? to the Titty Elf Doctor (yep) who was doing medical checkups on me and Elf Biologist had same dreams for a while so Elf Chaplain (like, Catholic, but Elf) joked that maybe she was Cthulhu spy, but then Afro-American Doctor (who was totally Dr.Franklin from Babylon 5) scanned us with his medical scanner and confirmed we were poisoned with 'boom particles', whatever they were, and these were used to 'boom minds' by the Cthulhus.

So me and Afro-American Soldier went looking for Titty Elf Doctor and we did find her in her quarters, naked and tied up to her bed but then Elf Captain yelled at us through intercom that Titty Elf Doctor was also in medlab at this very moment so we left Titty Elf Doctor as she were and ran to Medlab (which was right around the corner and down the corridor) and there was indeed Titty Elf Doctor, but with blue skin and face full of tentacles under her blonde wig. My soldier buddy grabbed his pistol, I threw my hammer at the Cthulhu spy.

Then I woke up :c
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 03:54:47 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: August 05, 2023, 05:51:48 am »

Well that sounds like it was an interesting thing to see, to bad you didn't get to see how it ended.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: August 05, 2023, 05:56:47 am »

Well that sounds like it was an interesting thing to see, to bad you didn't get to see how it ended.

Almost every dream like this ends on a cliffhanger, I think my subcounscious is just trolling me at this point.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: August 19, 2023, 06:58:16 am »

I was part of a team of amateur paranormal investigators who got in waaay over our heads, with a Control-style dimensional incursion of body-snatching "spirits".  Through open-mindedness and experimentation we figured out what worked and what didn't.  First we could only survive, then we banished a single spirit, and eventually we managed to shut down the portal and presumably save the city.

Flash forward, I was someone else in the same setting.  I and a coworker were dressed in hazmat suits with funky anti-invader weapons and a recharging shield system.  We were methodically clearing yet another old building of invaders.  The invaders were still all spooky and glowy red, but we were more scared of our boss.  She chastised us for going too fast OR for going too slow- everything needed to be done by protocol.  We were footsoldiers, janitors basically, mopping up an everyday hazard of modern life.

We didn't know what the invaders were, though, only how to purge them...
And as we exited through the lobby, non-combat teams entered to clean up the aftermath of our sweep.  I won't go into details but it became EXTREMELY clear that humanity had united against the dimensional threat... into a soul-crushing authoritarianism with slavery.  Transgender people were a particular target, and it was unspeakable what had been done.  I was trans myself, still, but what could I do but continue to keep my head down and do my shitty job?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4972 on: August 28, 2023, 08:37:26 am »

Dreamed there was some kind of weird fungus going around, making people go bonkers until they peeled their skulls open to reveal their brains had turned into jelly mushrooms. They were as much a danger to themselves in this state as they were to other people, as they would sprint full speed at people, and were very likely to smash their jelly mushroom head into a wall and die. As long as you weren't nearby to be splashed by the jelly mushroom brain bits you were fine

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: August 29, 2023, 11:01:20 am »

CW: Alzheimers, medical anxiety
(My dad's having a surgery today)

I was on a ferry boat with dad, his SO, and his mom (gma).  We were heading down a river to The Big City where the best doctors are.  Night fell and the skyline was incredible as we boated past it, skyscrapers right up to the shoreline.  Some familiar looking, others with artistic or even unreal architectures.

I could tell dad was nervous but he was masking it fine, and I didn't know what to say (as always), so I kept gma company.  She was... lucid.  Some medical advance had recently cured her dementia.  She probably didn't have long to live, but for now she was back.  I caught her up with life events she had missed.  She was willful and skeptical as ever...  I see where dad and I got that from... but always with love, too.  It was nice.

We disembarked and got on a bus.  I love buses.  Dad was walking just fine, actually, so I don't know what surgery he was actually getting in the dream.  The city was beautiful and everyone was in good spirits.

We stopped arrived at a... hotel?  Hospital?  It was actually inspired by Bedlam as portrayed in Fallen London.  A long term residence for eccentric people, with world-class service.  A gilded sanitarium that didn't feel like a cage, at least in the dream.  Very eccentric other guests, though.  Perhaps I've been hanging out with particularly unusual people lately.  I love the uniqueness of humanity, but sometimes it can be a bit much.

We took a fancy elevator, and... there were other people in it, but they weren't real?  Were they literally cardboard cutouts?  Yes sometimes, though I think they talked too.  I keep thinking they were like shades/ghosts.  The elevator ride was otherwise fine.  It reminded me of a recent dream where I was trapped in an elevator that fell, but not this time.  That wouldn't happen in such an expensive hotel.  Everything here was fine.

And I got the feeling that everything was going to be fine with his procedure, too.  It was going to be unpleasant, but not that risky.  The important thing was to keep him distracted and reassured.

On waking, I felt pretty bad that I haven't actually been doing that.
But I've been ill and maybe contagious.  I guess I should call more...
But we've been in touch today, a bit.  It's going to be fine.
And they *really* need me early next week for a few days, and I'll be there then.  It's a group effort.  That's okay.
I would only get in the way right now, and not know what to say.
I told him about this dream where everything goes fine. 
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4974 on: August 29, 2023, 11:07:20 am »

Dreamed I was infiltrating a military dictatorship as a spy. But not a James Bond spy; more like a boring office worker who was astounded at the sheer carelessness and laziness of everyone around them. I signed up to do logistics management and they didn't do any background checks so I could keep track of all of their equipment. In order to gain access to HQ I just knocked on the door and they let me inside even though I wasn't cleared for that area. I interrupted their meeting to inform them there was a commando raid coming this way and they all went to their saferooms, without even locking their computers or kicking me out of the room. I begin making copies of all of their files and one of their underlings come in and I ask them to help me make copies and they do.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: August 31, 2023, 03:55:43 pm »

Are you sure it was a dream?
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: August 31, 2023, 07:15:08 pm »

I keep dreaming about me and a coworker being in a relationship.

Like, not in a sexy way, just being a couple.  Nothing bigger than just hugging.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: August 31, 2023, 11:42:17 pm »

Even as I was wrapped in the fatigue of 5AM, lying down in reluctant surrender, I remembered why I don't do this anymore.  It wasn't pretty.

Mostly I remember being helpless while forces buffeted me.  Dreams of exhaustion, I suppose.  Awful.

There was... an encounter, but it wasn't the persona I've been cultivating.  It was that formless dread.  From before.  The- ha, the "lurking horror" feeling.  I felt apprehension.  And I addressed it with full confidence: "NO".  I didn't insult it this time, I didn't truly reject it, I just... was too tired.  Bound in coils of fatigue.  I dismissed it temporarily, with the understanding that I will listen again soon.

Dreams of weakness continued...  I was a samurai, facing my lord in battle over a matter of honor.  I didn't even consider harming him, I only wanted to have a moment to say some last words- but he cut my outstretched arm, ignored my words, and cut my body. I fell, exhausted and depleted.

I woke up after only 2 hours, very upset and eager to live.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: September 16, 2023, 08:19:16 pm »

I almost forgot my dream but it involved coding (ai?) at my dad's, and in particular there was this purple gnome with a red + blue hat, a bi pride gnome. And me and Kot went exploring in our old basement as kids, I think they were the gnome now, and they tried to play a silly prank and scare me for Halloween and it was fun and we laughed and I woke up with a half remembered tune I don't recognize
Or
One of my dreamlets was being a hamster, and a nice lady (romantic) was having me run through a little dirt tunnel. Which was scary but I did it because I trusted her and that made her happy (the trust)

Then I got stuck and held back panic because she'd get me out (she did) but I woke up and cleared my throat out
I'm still not a f'ing Lesbian, this was a dream it doesn't mean anything
:biflag: :peevish: :karlach_BeOrBeWith:
She/they

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: September 16, 2023, 10:18:33 pm »

But have you seen girls??

I dreamt last night I was preparing to go on a road trip with my mother, frantically trying to pack everything. There were Coyotes howling in the distance and the dogs were going ballistic. We never actually got anywhere.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 339