Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569010 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4935 on: June 17, 2023, 12:54:18 am »

I dreamed there was an evil invasion of some kind being led by a evil immortal. He went to a party with a bunch of the ruling elite where he revealed to another not-evil immortal in a talk that he was stuck in a time loop with the starting point being in the Void, a place of complete nothingness with no sensory experiences except a horrible screeching noise. (And that presumably was exceedingly hard to escape from).
The other immortal agreed that this was indeed a very uncool thing to be trapped in.

I uh, never quite got why exactly he was doing it, although it seemed to me like the repeated eternal trauma had driven him insane. Or maybe he just wanted to take over the world or something? Dunno.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 12:59:48 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: June 22, 2023, 09:46:29 pm »

I had a dream where I was tempted by donuts, but then realized I was dreaming, so I ate both giant donuts as there were no longer any health consequences.  Then I imagined a pizza delivery into happening, and ate a bunch of fresh pepperoni pizza until I was satisfied.  Afterward, I practiced flying up and down, spun upside down, and hovered just a bit above the floor.  Confident with my flying abilities, I went outside and enjoyed an epic thunderstorm in the distance with blue and red lightning in the distance over a large lake disappearing into the horizon.  Around that time, I forgot I was dreaming, and normal dreams continued.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: June 23, 2023, 03:10:20 am »

You know for as common as flying dreams are I've never had one, always have wondered what it would be like but I have yet to experience one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: June 23, 2023, 09:54:51 am »

They're rare for me too and I don't usually fly but glide.  I make myself near-weightless with careful concentration, jump, then kinda swoop around.  It seems to use the same "focus on the back of my brain" trick which I associate with lucid dreaming, but sometimes I'm not lucid.  I've simply hacked reality like a wizard.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: June 23, 2023, 06:29:20 pm »

Two non-lucid dreams about rain in the last three nights:

Last night I was at my godmother's house.  I think it was bulldozed like IRL but maybe not.  I was in the backyard, overlooking the big slope down to the creek.  There was a cat.  I descended a little, unsteady, to greet the cat (I met a friend's cat recently!!).  It was off though.  It hissed a little.  It was tiny but it paced like a tiger.  I noticed that patches of fur were missing, the poor thing was sick.  Sick and dangerous.  I spoke to it, and backed away, but the wet slope was slippery.  I suddenly felt oddly afraid.  I was in mortal peril, but there was some reason I was safe? [I didn't quite realize I was dreaming].  I tried to pull myself up the mud, but I couldn't, and my rib twinged in pain from a real-life bruise.  The cat came closer and I warded it off with words and halfhearted kicks.  I didn't want to hurt it...  and I didn't, I woke up to thunder.

Three nights ago.  I was navigating my birth city but in a torrential downpour.  I was supposed to meet up with my dad, but certain things didn't work out.  I grabbed the back of his car and skidded along the ground for a while, along the wet highway, then stood and beheld the knees of my khakis.  Perfectly fine, somehow.  I began bounding through the rain, weightless, almost swimming along the highways.  I was lost and a little lonely, but I felt okay.

I sheltered for a little while in a dark house belonging to my mom.  There was a computer, the only light.  I typed a brief message, letting people know I was fine.  I freshened up a little, but I couldn't stay.  It was creepy with no one there, and I didn't belong there.  I reentered the storm and was embraced by the rain, warm and comforting and dizzying.

I was back in college.  No, I had returned to college.  I was in a computer lab, again.  All the computers were strange, and all the young adults were doing their modern things.  But I still did okay, and I fixed at least one computer.
Didn't do my homework, though.

And I stayed there too late, deep into the night, unwilling to go home.
I woke up, in a dry daylight.  In a corner of the university campus, on a thin camping mattress under the sky.  What had I been dreaming about...?  The semester hadn't started yet, so what was I doing here?  I gathered my belongings but I was so confused.

I think I woke up, for real, but was intensely confused.  I didn't remember my room.  I didn't remember my *life*.  Then my phone rang- my dad's wife.  "No, no, I was awake... oh, tomorrow's a little sudden... we'll see..."
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: June 24, 2023, 01:27:46 am »

Yeah I do gliding nonlucid dreams too. Usually takes a moment to think "wait, am I supposed to be able to do this?" followed by "yeah of course I've always been able to do this."
Accomplished by jumping up and then expending willpower to simply not allow my feet to touch the ground. Then I sorta... slide forward uncontrollably? It's not extremely useful to be honest, but it's fun.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4941 on: June 24, 2023, 04:54:01 pm »

Dreamed I was running a support group for people who suffer from extraordinary racism; the only one I remember is the woman who died, went to heaven and was so annoyed by the casual prejudice she forcibly resurrected herself

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: June 29, 2023, 04:27:30 pm »

Dreamed there was a scorpion loose at my dad's house. As well as about ten times more cats than usual, and some strangers trying to have a picnic in our backyard.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: July 03, 2023, 09:46:17 pm »

I had a dream last night about a Stardew Valley-esque small town ravaged by pollution, sea trash, and poisons in the soil the government wasn't doing much about. We came in as a startup salvage company using revolutionary new methods of mineralizing toxins from the air, water and soil into compact and safe capsules, making the land arable again. The whole community also got involved laying out heavy metal wreckage from a crashed ship where a lot of sea trash came from, while we cut it up with acetylene torches and hauled it off on trucks to be sold as bulk steel scrap. The whole effort became a minor sensation, and I distinctly remember us all sitting for dinner and having fresh rolls given to us in heaping baskets from the local bakery.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: July 06, 2023, 02:51:24 pm »

The frequency and the level of detail is my dreams just keeps increasing. Like, they start before I sleep, as I am dozing off. It keeps interrupting me. They even continue between the bouts of sleep.

This is definitely abnormal. But I was never normal in any regard, so I guess it is normal.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4945 on: July 07, 2023, 08:49:49 pm »

Dreamed I was a pixie; little winged man flying about. More or less everything else was the same, though I carried a pin for a sword and a scalpel for a pike to convince any house cats that I was not to be accosted. Traveling was easiest when hitching the ride on someone's shoulder, but I got tired of constantly striking up conversation every time I just wanted an expedient journey, so I used one of my friends as a personal howdah to keep social interactions at an acceptable London minimum. We go into a bookshop and the shop owner is constantly trying to sell me on books I've already read, and I thoroughly enjoy talking with them about these books. But every time I fly from one shelf to the next they look really disappointed for some reason and don't follow me unless I call out to them. As I make my way to the lower level of bookshelves I call out to them and they ask me if I'm a pixie or a gnome because I seem to be able to "disappear." I'm confused because I don't think I'm doing anything to disappear and ask them "can't you see the wings? dead giveaway m8" but they reply they can't in fact see the wings. I look back and see my wings are near transparent and tell them "well this is embarassing. All this time I thought everyone could see them"
Dream ended in bed, sleeping with one eye open. Scary Jeff from the creepypastas was at the end of the bed but I jumpscared him because he wouldn't accept my offer to drink rum with me

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: July 13, 2023, 08:00:18 am »

Dreamed my dad was about to introduce me to an old friend as his son, whatever, but instead he kept referring to "Vera".  Nobody would tell me who she is, meanwhile the old CRTs in the room started popping and beams of light were leaking out around the golem-scrips on people's heads.
She/they

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: July 17, 2023, 01:28:22 pm »

Aloe Vera. Who is she?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: July 17, 2023, 03:41:05 pm »

Aloe to you too! :)

I had another two straight nights of vivid dreams.  Very different settings, but same characters, including Vera.
The question is, can I pull off the blonde highlights...  I've already got the jacket, and I'm working on getting the muscles back!  Soon!
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: July 22, 2023, 01:49:50 am »

Nothing special.  We were adolescents in a magic academy.  She was nebulous, he was a dark knight chaosmancer type.  We were on a bus ride chatting, and later we went hiking to the event.  She jumped in a river we were walking along, and I watched to make sure she came back up.  I didn't know why I cared so much.  I wasn't "into her" the way the class thought, she just felt like a kindred spirit.

So did the dark knight, and he walked with me and supported me.

We eventually arrived at a grove-ampitheater.  There was to be a performance, but I got distracted lucid-dreaming and flying.  This time I wasn't just weightless, I could hover- though height was difficult.  I could almost reach the leaves of the canopy, if I emptied my mind juuuuust right.  I kept floating a little higher with each go.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 339