Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569004 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4950 on: July 22, 2023, 09:37:47 am »

It’s probably not a good thing that I’m so tired irl that dream me also needs to sleep.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: July 22, 2023, 11:50:16 am »

All of my dreams are semi-lucid, so goddamn weird, and they usually have some overarching themes of whimsy apocalyptic scenarios, running out of time for something, illogical geometries, and a faint feeling of being constantly watched. I have one after the other, and they all meld into eachother into a one big surreal movie.

They all get weirdly sexual at some point. Not in a good or a bad way. It is just fuckin' weird. Like, the dream just detours from whatever is going on to show me some outlandish scenario that it then imbues with a sexual context- no not context- presupposition. Like as if I am already supposed to know why that thing is like that. I know it isn't. I think about how a somewhat cute guy getting eaten alive by some demented viscera monster isn't sexy whatsoever, while inside the dream. While running away from the same monster that ate the guy from before.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: July 24, 2023, 07:48:30 pm »

I had a very vivid dream last night where I was a 27 year old office worker named Alison. Nothing particularly odd, but the extreme specificity of it is a bit unusual.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4953 on: July 24, 2023, 09:05:14 pm »

Classic Alison using dream catchers to outsource TCP report filing to astral projectors

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: July 25, 2023, 03:59:38 am »

Was eating an ice cream cone filled with meat which later turned into an ice cream cone with meat and cactus in it, I have no idea what the hell it is supposed to mean but all I know is I'm still not sure why I ate it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: July 27, 2023, 12:16:28 am »

Dad was hosting a party and I was introducing him to guests. He couldn't introduce himself because he was two fireflies, one green and one red, tied to a string so I could keep track of him. I could still read his body motion just fine.

(I understand it on two very different levels, one of which is my dad's medical troubles and the other is a strange and now a little off-putting trend in my dreams lately regarding "my dad". Or sometimes "my brother")
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 12:23:57 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: July 27, 2023, 02:45:51 am »

Dream started out as playing modded minecraft with unknown friends, making a mushroom tree farm in the depths if a truly gargantuan sinkhole. We were making a truly huge farm with tree saplings that could be planted in every square without spacing. Night came and we all went to bed, like actually sleeping irl, but in "game," which amounted to our reality, not in the minecraft sense. One of them had a sleeping bag in the farm area. And a movie came on. Not like on a television screen anywhere, but projected in empty space or on the cave walls somehow. I had been expecting this, the cave movies were known to me. So I stayed up to watch it.

It started out as a zombie horror flick, with a family trapped in a burning house surrounded by zombies. But then they were saved by Logan, as in Wolverine. And one other Xman. They took the family somewhere else. Meanwhile professor X and Ironman were getting help on how to solve the overall zombie issue. From Gandalf, from LOTR, who was going to take all the zombies to another dimension without the living because they were nominally intelligent and capable of being rehabilitated, just being bloodthirsty maniacs.

But before this was resolved it cut to Spiderman and Deadpool killing zombies and webbing survivors in danger and looters and gathering them up for transport. Transport was being handled by a cartoon giraffe thing who was flirting with one of the many spiderverse versions of spidergwen, taking people out to the desert to a secluded Mesa.

But then it cut to some city where a security guard trapped in a tower was getting bored and looked into a room with a bunch of sealed containers under glass, and opened one up. Someone yelled "no dont!" And everything exploded in orange mist. Steve Rogers was there and got caught in it.

Then i got confused by how weird this movie was and heard someone else awake in the cave-house. I tried talking to them, was going to ask If they were watching this shit too and what marvel movie was this, but realized it wasn't one of my friends, they were all still asleep. My father was now asleep in the cave house too on the sofa. Then in the hallway between rooms I was confronted by an old bald man who started questioning me about the movie, insinuating that I was insane and hallucinating. I was now in an office complex in a normal city. My mom came to pick me up and give me a ride home, and as i was describing what I had gone through to her, when I woke up.

I had really bad heartburn and had fallen asleep right after dinner, so I'm blaming this nonsense on that. It's barely 1pm now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: July 28, 2023, 07:12:16 am »

I like when Minecraft comes up in a dream, it has such a simple yet complicated symbolic language (and I enjoyed dreaming about cool skylands a couple times).
Sounds like you had a fitful nap, though.  The stranger in the room sounds creepy, reminds me of a sleep paralysis apparition.  Particularly with it appearing when you(r friends) were "asleep" in a dream.

Indigestion will trigger vivid dreams for me too, particularly during daynaps.  Usually unpleasant, even these days.

I had an older brother who recruited me into a romcon-style plot to give a young lady a charmed life via hijinks.  He was literally a guardian angel actually, though the theology was murky and he was still my brother (a part of me).  He cheerfully explained that he was aware of the entire multiverse of possibilities in everything we were doing, and discarding the branches where things went wrong.  I found that briefly shocking, but then decided it was comforting and there was nothing I could do about it anyway.
Besides, the goal was important.  This lady needed a good start to life.

And it worked!  Soon she was my age and giving a feminist/LGBTQIA+ lecture to a rapt crowd, as the angel and me listened in the lobby.  I felt like we were intruding since I didn't "look right", but the angel told me I had nothing to worry about.  It/he was exhausted though, which was remarkable since he'd claimed to have been through googols of possible realities weeks earlier and remained chipper and wisecracking.  We'd been doing this for... months, and I guess even a timeless being was fraying a bit!
It made a little cocoon for me (subtlety!!) and I think I had dreamless, restful sleep for a while.

I even woke up briefly (for real), had some water, and considered writing this down.  But I was *really* achy from some RL work, and it was before dawn.  So I tried to fix my memory, and went back to sleep.  Much more fitfully this time I think.  I had a dream which felt like a continuation but it doesn't make any sense at all.  Just doesn't fit.  I'm blaming soreness and dehydration.  Still, I don't feel right discarding data that doesn't fit:

Me and an androgynous angel were on the floor of a gloomy room, with Gus Fring standing over us.  There were bullet casings all over the floor.  We were so tired.  I think Fring was God in this scenario?  He was scornful of the angel and telling it to get up and clean the room.  I was apparently expected to just lie there and heal.
But where was Vera- oh
oh
I really didn't get that until now

Anyway glad it (he? it-he? lol) stopped using my dad's and brother's faces, that was getting annoying.
I seriously don't obsess over this stuff most of the time.  But I've been with my dad a lot lately, so it builds up while I'm "being polite".  Plus, I'm getting a new prescription Tuesday and gotta do some research... plan it out perfectly down to the slightest detail, you could say  :P
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: July 29, 2023, 04:34:05 pm »

I've now dreamt that, while watching a stream and navmeshing a skyrim dungeon, a Legoshi Truck movie was announced. Legoshi Truck being a joke from Drawfee, of Legoshi from Beastars drawn as a truck from Cars. This led to a great deal of hype from other people watching the stream and confusion from me. Then I woke up and realized, Legoshi Truck Movie isn't real... you can't watch it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: July 29, 2023, 05:01:44 pm »

this is very sad

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: July 29, 2023, 07:44:31 pm »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: July 30, 2023, 08:11:58 am »

Okay good, a normal dream about current events.  Most of the dream was joining and getting used to a new tabletop RPG group.  We were doing cosplay too, it was really cool.  We're getting ready for a bicycle ride with RPG elements when the conversation goes to some of the quirky characters one of the younger players had been playing.  Asian schoolgirl tropes and using weird weapons like books.  She's saying she didn't choose to play like that, which is a surprise to the rest of us.

Then the patriarch of the group/family cuts in "Well yeah, I own those characters so I make the decisions".  And everyone collectively is shocked at him, except her.  Me and a charismatic nerd guy even say "What the fuck" in harmony.  Others are looking around, silently "Are we okay with this?  What do we do?", while the girl apparently thought that this arrangement was normal.  Dream ended before resolution but clearly at least two of us were dedicated to fixing the situation.

anyway that's my misguided dream about the SAG-AFTRA strike I think.  Or just a dream about RPG groups and patriarchy idk
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: July 30, 2023, 12:27:39 pm »

Was playing minecraft, had a nice setup dug into a mountain. But I wanted to make a bigger and grander bedroom with a big window looking out over the world, so I started digging and found a generated structure, an absolutely massive mead hall for giants, with towering tables and chairs made from wooden stairs and fence pieces. The place was inhabited by hostile bats and giant skeletons, and on top of the tables there were coffins laid out connected to levers. I didn't pull any of the levers because it was very obviously bad news. The hall of course had a huge ornate window taking up one of the walls, just like I'd planned to build but much much bigger, the outside partly covered up by the stoney mountainside because the world generation couldn't have perfectly lined it up, but making it look like this place had been almost buried in a landslide...

I haven't played minecraft in years lol

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: August 02, 2023, 05:01:04 am »

Perspective character is at this boring ass upper middle class type house "party", mostly consisting of light music and stilted conversation... heavily contrasted to a short earlier scene at a lower class one of similar intent that mostly consisted of food and video games and general cheer. Other character starts talking about the rainy weather forecast for the next day, really mundane, boring stuff.

Viewpoint cut to outside the building: Pterodactyl Interrupt. It has these black oval looking things on the wings with a glowing green circle around the outer bits. It pulses, there's this wave of something, and then the ground starts shaking.

Social gathering thing is promptly disrupted by a stegosaurus going through the front wall as the first arrival of a murderous dinosaur stampede. Everyone panicking, half the attendants already dead, in response to someone saying "RUN!" someone else makes the pointed observation "Run where!?"

Perspective character character ends up deciding "maybe upstairs??". Beyond the clear impression that's not going to help because the building's going to shortly collapse due to dinosaurs crashing through it, this turns out to be an immediate mistake as some kind of raptor/dragon hybrid looking fucker is already coming down from upstairs. Wake up as toothy maw is coming straight for the viewpoint character's face.

... I'm not sure if it was worth waking up at 5 in the morning for that, but there's worse ways to get woke up early. Production values immaculate as always, premise absurd but awesome, easy 7 out of 10 as dreams go. Today's forecast: Rainy with a chance of dinosaur attacks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: August 02, 2023, 10:01:59 pm »

Night before yesterday's endo visit, I dreamed about it.  They were fitting my right arm with an artificial skin, like a fleshy opera glove.  It was burly and, as it tightened around my actual arm, it felt restrictive yet lended me strength.  Like power armor, or a symbiote I guess!  The hair on it didn't bother me either, though it was certainly different.

It was nice.  I was still me, just with one masculine arm and one normal- ah, feminine- arm.
I also made myself weightless and hovered around the room for a bit, in a lotus position.  Wheeee~
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 339