Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569051 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4995 on: September 29, 2023, 09:25:42 am »

I dreamed I was brushing my hair and accidentally got it in a pleasing configuration.  It's hard to picture now, but it was framing my face well.  It had bangs (without cutting, lol dreams) and...  hair tucked behind both my ears going back, but *also* hair draped down over them like a bob cut.  Which I guessss is part of a normal bob?  Yeah, looking at pictures, some bobs tuck the front hair back behind an ear or two.  Neat!

Anyway it felt really good.  I REALLY need a haircut, this simple tail isn't cutting it anymore (ha)

Some old friends invited themselves in and I didn't have time to shave, but I was so happy with my hair that I didn't mind.  One of them wandered into my room and that was a bit too much, but I calmed down because my room isn't so bad anymore (I cleaned a bunch yesterday IRL).  He was also in a confused, dreamlike state.  He kept talking about memory.  I've been dealing with a couple of elderly senile people, but also younger people with different yet similar kinds of memory loss and altered consciousness.

Making small talk as I led him back to the rest of our group, I made small talk about Fallen London.  It has a magic rainbow including irrigo, the color of forgetting.  I used to be obsessed with it.  I fake-quoted FL as saying something like "To forget, and then forget you forgot".  Like when I used to fully black out, and be blindsided the next day.  Compared to the more frustrating amnesia where someone constantly struggles to remember.  Both are horrific.

As is having another glimpse of how my face *ought* to look, but having that inevitably fade away because my waking-mind can barely picture a mere apple.
oh plus I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 again lmao.  If you know you know
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: October 02, 2023, 03:14:10 am »

I was in a city of furries ruled by the wise and powerful Great Bird who had seemingly uplifted all these species. There were celebrations happening, people I know irl were animals in the city and there was a shop dedicated to nerdy stuff run by a disabled artist who created lotr art by carving pictures onto planks of wood. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating to others, and there were also some kind of magical experiments being done in a courthouse at the centre of the city. There was also the creatively named Great Fox, who was an allegory for Hitler who caused a civil war with the followers of the Bird for his crimes against Darwinism, but in the end neither of them won.

Before I ended up in the city though, I had dreamt of another city which was fully modelled nstead of cgi. I built a built a house on the edge of the city where endless hordes of wolves and bears kept wandering around and my attemps to farm honey were met with constant struggle. The city itself was an apocalyptic catastrophe, ruined and filled with looters and scavengers and mutant monsters and so on and so forth. I've no idea how I got from this city to the other one lol.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: October 02, 2023, 07:43:24 am »

Having intense dreams every night, really.  Two nights ago I was trapped with my demon and I was so frustrated with life stuff that I just ranted and it listened.  I even turned my back on it, which was dreadful, but I powered through.  We have an understanding after all: it forces me to confront stuff.  I was just proactive about it.  I think it was confused

Next night I don't remember except that it was frustrating.  Probably another engineering-problem dream.

Last night... Oh, there was an outfit!  A blouse that looked nice!  That's pretty useful actually, I've pulled up some pictures that look similar while the dream is fresh in my mind.  Yes!!

I had gone on some grand adventure (contemporary with magical elements?) with an assertive woman and some Jetstream Sam guy.  I was hanging out with her afterwards, discussing motivation.  The important theme of the dream.  Mainly she was trying to explain the difference between Catholicism and Orthodoxy, via a funny diorama where the "Pope" had multiple crowns or something.  The details didn't matter.  She believed and I didn't, yet I was joining her faith anyway because...  hm, it symbolized something.  A purpose in life, a motivation.  It wasn't *really* a Church though, that was a metaphor for the purpose I've been trying to build again lately.  It was social but not authoritarian, and-

Ohhh.  There was a part I nearly forgot, where I rested my head against someone's shoulder and just hummed noises.  Wow.  Yeah.  That ties back to another dream, gosh.  Uh, point is: community.

Anyway she and I were clothes shopping (this was unrelated to the blouse actually) and she found a wonderful shirt for me to try.  It consisted of colorful rectangles of various sizes which fit together nicely but "randomly".  She asked me to describe the colors for some reason.  There was a lot of khaki, deep red-purple, olive drab, and... a little bit of playfully cheery purple.  I identified it as mauve, but mauve was earlier, this was violet.  Most of the colors were safe/camo, but this little violet strip represented Pride.  She was telling me not to worry, she was buying it for me, and I was holding back happy tears.

I almost objected at the size but then I remembered that my shirt size is smaller these days~
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: October 11, 2023, 12:52:44 am »

Had such a strange set of dreams last night. Mostly centred around some horrible unpleasant sexual relationship I was having with this amorphous character that kept being and doing different unpleasant things that I didn’t like at all. It was awkward and nasty. I’m not really sure what it means. Not that it has to mean something but it was so strange. A little fucked up, too.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 12:54:53 am by Laterigrade »
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: October 16, 2023, 04:14:37 am »

I dreamt thar I joined a boxing club/class to learn how to defend myself and get back in shape. I would also screw around before the class.started. I found some rocks I wanted to add to me collection, debated some minecraft mods, and some other stuff. This was all on a college campus.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: October 16, 2023, 05:18:18 pm »

My dreams feel like traps.

Like, I come close to realising that it is a dream, at least once every dream. In some long dreams, dozens of times. But each time I start to think about the unlikeliness, weirdness and/or impossibility of the events, my mind conjures a relevant thought, completely fabricates a very vivid memory, or just makes semi-random shit happen that halts that train of thought.

Like, for example. I was dreaming of preparing homework for an university course. Homework was to be sent digitally and involved drawing a painting and then describing it in English under multiple panels. I saw this, and started to question how drawing stuff could help with any of my general curriculum. I then answered myself with it being helpful for describing abstract thoughts in English better. O...kay? But I am already well versed in it, why do I need- Wait, which course is this work even for? I don't remember seeing anything like this before?! I take no such course!

Then I 'recollect' an extremely vivid memory where I was doing a very similar coursework "the previous year", with painting and describing it in text boxes and all, and that this course I am currently doing the work for is a continuation of that previous years course. That shuts me up and the dream continues until my alarm wakes me up.

What is this? And why is this?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: October 24, 2023, 10:11:52 am »

I've got this nightmare for several days, even when I take a nap at noon  ,I dreamed that I was got into my high school again , I was forced to get up at 5:40 a.m. and got to sleep at 11:20 p.m. have the one-day-holiday per month  (I am now in a University )
Each time I got this nightmare , I felt like giving up all hope , really terrible.
My life in high school sounds like life in the hell , right? But without this life I would not become a well-rounded student in the ShanDong University .
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: November 05, 2023, 03:27:56 am »

I was driving and trying out a new DoT immortality project. People could put a hand out the window to stream their journey as a physical vine, recording their experiences. In the event of death, new bodies are grown and these vines are used to rebuild the person's mind- the parts they considered worth recording, anyway. Nobody remembers everything.

A lot of people were screwing around with this new public good, racing and bumping each other's vines. Motorists amirite? Some were twisting their vines together as... a joke... Oh, my. I didn't get that before <3

Inspired by many hours on the road, thoughts of mortality and public works, and of all the memories my friends and I have forgotten. We (humans) curate what experiences we keep, though often subconsciously. Dreams/sleep are a big component of that. So is social media/phones

Later I was walking in that post-mortality world. Alex Jones was still around, preaching hatred in a West Virginia town I saw today. I crashed it in my underwear, in which I'm very clearly a woman. He sent someone to chase me down, but she let me go.

She/they

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: November 05, 2023, 09:49:53 am »

Had a dream that I lost an argument with my ex. Kinda pathetic but holy shit did it make me anxious.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5004 on: November 05, 2023, 11:22:28 am »

Dreamed I was participating in some deadly version of Takeshi's Castle/Gladiator where a whole host of people were just thrown into deadly games where your survival was 20% skill 80% total luck. The first game was pretty straightforward; you had to cross a small body of water. There were a few moored platforms that were just too far away for you to cleanly jump all of them, which meant falling into the water was almost guaranteed at some point for most people, unless you were very clever and figured out the moored platforms had some drift in them so you could kinda paddle from one to another. But that'd be too easy, so to make the challenge spicier there was a fish man who would do his best to grab you and drag you under to drown.

Now there were a lot of us, so fish man had clever tactics. He wouldn't waste any energy - he would grab someone, throw a weighted net on them and then move on to the next poor chap. In theory you could free yourself before you drowned, but in practice not really. I got the impression all of the games were like that - the impression of "fairness" in that you could potentially clear everything, but in practice you were just praying the fish man targeted the guy next to you and not you.

No one wanted to be the first. No one wanted to be the last. We saw what happened to the group ahead of us; whether they were clever or dumb, fast or slow, the fish man was in his element and had free reign to pick and choose who to go for. In my group I ask everyone to listen to me before we suffer the same fate. I point out to them "look, they called this a competition but there are no rules against working together" and I suggest we all go in the water together and stay calm, link arms. We go in, and I spend the whole time telling people to stay calm as the urge to panic is pretty intense when you see the fish man coming for you. Fish man is trying to drag people away, to throw his net over us, but our combined power and mass is unstoppable. The most dangerous part neared the end where we had to break formation to actually climb out of the water, but the people who climb up onto land do their best to make sure no one is dragged behind and after threatening to drag the fish man onto dry land, the fish man panics and lets go of our last people. We make it across with no casualties, for the first time in the game's history. At this point some important looking people show up and begin discussing whether to give the fish man a spear to stop people copying our tactics, at which point the other important looking guy says "no, otherwise no one would pass. Besides, the audience loves this, it's novel!" And that's when I woke up

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: November 09, 2023, 09:39:11 am »

I was living in my first home, in the future.  My parents had passed, it was just me now.  I was looking out from my childhood room at the night-lit driveway.  I had 3-4 cars out there, their cars plus mine, even though I hardly drove.  A storm was brewing and I backed away from the windows as the wind lashed rain against them.  It was very dark, and chilly.  I looked out from the living room and wondered why the house didn't look renovated.  I had to be dreaming, but it didn't feel like a dream, and I couldn't wake up.  I kept trying but the normal motion just didn't do anything.  Things became a bit more feverish but I was trapped, and I wondered if my waking illness was worse than I thought.
It wasn't the worst place to be trapped, a rainy dark image of my childhood home.  I controlled my breathing and considered exploring the attic.

Same night: I was part of the 8-Bit Theater, Final Fantasy 1 team.  Oddly I wasn't red mage, despite accepting the obscure fanon that she's trans.  It wasn't clear who I was.  We were at a different childhood home which had originally belonged to a great-aunt, though with many liberties.  She was the villain actually.  As we did the typical JRPG attacks, she monologued her plan about dominating the local homeowner's association, trading favors and bribes to get really petty considerations.  And slighting her rivals by adjusting their trash pickup, that sort of thing.  It would have been funny except she was a hell of a boss fight.

We got her down several stages, she was a reptilian dragon-like creature now.  But we were tired and sloppy, and my teammates fell.  I could rescue them, but first I hid behind a wall and tried to think.  This felt impossible, even though we'd made progress.  I felt utterly drained.  I snuck out of cover and grabbed Red Mage's corpse (a hat- "dead" characters became easily-carried objects).  I spat on my hands, wriggled them sidereal, and exclaimed "Life!" in hopes that I could BS reality into casting one more spell.  Didn't work this time.

She had a little IT room to manage her corporate-level internet connection which she didn't understand and barely used, but enjoyed the status of having.

Out of resigned desperation I dragged myself to an interior balcony (liberties with the house layout- or maybe representing the time the ceiling fell).  There were grandfather clocks up there containing rare DND source books.  I shoved one over the edge.  I couldn't even see whether it landed near her, but she stopped monologuing.  I shoved down the other just in case.

I made my way down.  She was like a draconic alligator, flattened and unconscious but still moving.  I had an axe.  White mages wield hammers and axes.  I was the healer and the girl, of course I was.  It was so heavy to lift, but I began doing what I could.
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5006 on: November 09, 2023, 09:47:53 am »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: November 09, 2023, 10:07:18 am »

Hell yeah~  I was expecting the "Flat Fuck Friday" song but this might be better :P
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5008 on: November 09, 2023, 10:23:58 am »

Hell yeah~  I was expecting the "Flat Fuck Friday" song but this might be better :P
We'll just have to mentally substitute the lyrics to flatigator with our minds

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5009 on: November 10, 2023, 05:09:21 am »

Dreamed I was being targeted by the capital D devil for my soul. The devil was attacking me from hell through some esoteric occult shit involving computers bypassing the seal of Solomon but I soon realised what went one way could go two ways. I invade the computer and then go one layer deeper and invade hell, until I find the computer the devil's linked to his mind. I begin overwriting terabytes of his memory with pictures of my nuts and then hastily try and make my getaway as hell (which was a giant container ship sailing through a stormy night at this point) was being searched room to room by heavily armed men. I manage to escape with a train of lost souls through a dense forest experiencing a flash flood from river Styx. We made fine canoes to fair the flash flood, but the devil in his haste and anger did not. He did however have a paddle, until I paddled upstream to knock it from his hand, leaving him stranded on a rock surrounded by flood waters. The lost souls and I then began paddling out of hell singing "the devil wanted to addle now he's stuck in shit creek without a paddle"
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 339