Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571019 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3405 on: December 28, 2016, 06:57:22 am »

I was walking through an abandoned city partially reclaimed by nature, it was similar to some I recognised but appeared to be some decayed amalgamation of something I've seen before becoming nothing I've seen before. I explored with a group of friends, numbering 4 in total, attempting to figure out what this place was - until we come across a very grisly site. In some sort of stadium area there are some barriers, some fallen over, metal bars standing that cordon off a certain area. Walking towards them at a certain radius, surrounding the stadium like a perimeter, one felt a shock - like electricity, a drop in temperature, unease, that could not be explained. We walked in and out of this perimeter testing it and sure enough it was pretty constant.
We found the entrance to the stadium and proceeded through, curious of what was occurring, eager to investigate. Upon entering we were incredibly startled, the stadium did not open to an arena, but instead opened to some fairs and transport links to our right and directly in front of us, a hill mostly reclaimed by nature, all except for a single pathway with a concrete empty carved channel running parallel to it. We considered moving closer towards the derelict zone to our right, however there lay bodybags and bloody corpses, we decided not to go there as whatever did that to them could still be there. We considered leaving the area altogether however curiosity still got the better of us and we rationalized this as something we had to find out given that this could explain why the whole city was empty.
We approach up the hill on the pathway, along the way eating some scavenged blueberries. As we go up the hill the feelings evoked earlier go away, however hallucinations, apparitions begin appearing. When an opaque spectre appears before us blocking the way we flee like madness, racing down the hill. Realizing the following had stopped, we began testing the boundaries of the apparitions, realizing they only appeared if you crossed a certain point, much like before with the barriers.
Our intrigue and curiosity came to an abrupt end when we realized we had lost one of our friends. After shouting for him and briefly searching for him (without venturing into the anomalous boundaries) the three of us panicked and considered going after them, however ultimately decided to leave them behind and depart for somewhere safer, reasoning that we were dealing with something unknown and would not help them by placing more of ourselves at risk.

We slogged away downtrodden that we had likely gotten one of our own killed. Walking up a hill there were red berry bushes and trees growing overhead like a rough arch, and I began grazing once more on blueberries flanking the side. That was when the spectre reappeared and we realized we had not been led away from the park, but led even further inwards by our friend. We flee as the whole park is laughing without a single mouth to be seen, all the while one of my friends switched sex and the missing one's head was found rolling down the stone groove. We resolved to return with an RC car equipped with a camera one day to see whether a person had to cross the anomaly point or whether the apparitions would come for us, even if we remotely viewed it from outside the anomaly zone on a later date. However, the sun was going down and we decided that staying the night in such a place was an awful idea.

We ran out of the stadium exit and found the barriers again, encircling a courtyard of abandoned buildings. One of my friends touched one and went ballistic, sprinting away, evidently the fences were electrified with something and we had to retrieve her bedazzled self before they entered the anomalous area. We entered an abandoned building together deciding that if it was suitable we'd encamp there, or else find anything useful and depart. Whilst there, we noticed that there was a bin full of bullets in the entrance to a bathroom, which by design curved away so as to protect the privacy of its occupants in a bygone era. We conclude that these would be a useful addition to our arsenal reasoning that these apparitions were capable of affecting the physical, thus they were likely also physical objects. By this point however I was the only man left in the group, and this was the men's lavatory. Thus they both concluded only I alone could enter the decrepit bathroom to retrieve the bin full of unusually pristine bullets.

Graciously, with much protestation, I entered the bathroom. At once I began shoveling the bullets into a plastic bag, reassuring myself that my two friends were only six paces away, thus I was not alone. That is until to my right I witnessed a woman walking past into a corner, covered in what was once a white sheet, now entirely stained with fresh blood.
My nerve was tested and at once I exited the bathroom, panicked to my friends. They told me they heard and saw nothing, and realizing I had left the bag behind, told me to retrieve the bag, finish the job and then we'd all leave the building as it could also be anomalous. I return and set back to the task of shoveling bullets when I see the same bloody figure from before, moving in the same direction. This time however I follow it, but when I turn the corner to find it I find the figure has disappeared, with naught but a bloody sheet upon the floor. I withdraw the bloody sheet and find what looked like a cross between a minigun and a small handheld powerdrill, which was a rather unusual sight to behold, as it was not something I had seen in existence. I could not see the sight of the mysterious walking cadaver despite there being no possible exits for it to have taken, I freeze up when I hear a calming voice suggesting that I test out the warmachine - the insinuations were clear, and I saw through the ruse. Grabbing the bag of bullets I rush out to my friends to warn them that the spirits were trying to get us to kill one another. When I arrive to them they demand to know where I had been all this time, I tell them I was gone only for a few seconds yet outside, it is nighttime. One is holding a pistol to my head, determined I am already dead and have become a spirit. Another is holding a gun to her head, determined that I intended to run away with all the good bullets. I managed to get everyone to calm down and warn them that this was all being orchestrated by the spirits, asking them where did they think they got the guns from, as we started the journey with none.

Upon acknowledging this, we ran like hell out of the building. Outside the building the sky was bright broad daylight, and people filled the street. One man came up to us and asked us what we had been up to as we looked like shit, one of us said we had been drinking but the inquisitive man deduced we had not. He made some crass jokes and left us on our way, when one of my friends insulted the crass joker. Deciding that we were very hungry and that haunted berries would not cut it, we made ourway past the joker to purchase some burgers, at which point we realized the crass joker was the person running the food stall. I apologized on behalf of one of my friends and the crass joker accepted it, turning out to be a very pleasant fellow altogether, listing all the food items he was prepared to serve. My friends however were already walking off into the crowd and apologising, I cancelled my order and ran after them. They were 15 paces ahead and into the crowd, myself almost losing sight of them, growing further away when I awoke.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: December 28, 2016, 09:09:08 am »

Some wierd dream where video games were mixed with school assignments.

This was after I was playing Asphalt 8 and kept screwing up the optional objectives, so that probably had some influence.

In mobile so I can't add a whole lot of detail.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3407 on: December 29, 2016, 08:50:56 am »

I was inside a massive shopping centre, whose notable features were that there was one section of the shopping centre that was extremely prestigious and exclusive, merely to enter it required a £2,000 entry fee. Lacking the funds to enter such a real, my attempts to sneak past or convince the door guard to let me pass were in vain. Moving along I noticed neat things like these massive pig mascots residing within ornate oriental boxes making odd music placed in equidistant intervals down a lane of jewelry and watch stores. Realizing there was no chance of us ever having the means to acquire such shiny trinkets, we decided instead to acquire lunch and continue having a fun time.

Things take an odd turn when time skips. One moment we're in the shopping centre, the next we're in the plaza. We're startled, and even more so when we realize we all experienced this. When it happens again we're ordering food when everyone in the restaurant freezes, except us three. Realizing the potential for this we begin marking down what could be possibly causing this and at what times these time skips were happening so as to productively exploit it. I walked up to the door guard who at once told me to leave, I told him I merely intended to wait for some friends at the door. Eventually he was occupied with talking to a  group of 4 tourists who spoke no English, and during a time skip I walked right past him with my friends.

Inquiring as to what to do now I told them the plan was to wait for the next time skip, we go 2 minutes in to one store and grab some fine loot, taking care not to take too much and attempting to take small pieces that are out of sight, intending not to arouse suspicion - the goal being to have the storekeepers not realize anything has even been taken. After the 2 minutes we would leave, using 2 minutes to put distance between ourselves and the store, and 1 minute to spare in case something went horribly wrong. It was a good plan.

The next time skip occurs, we notice the pig mascots' gears frozen in place, the clock stopped ticking and the fountain was frozen in time. Amusingly as we arrived we saw a woman there trying on necklaces and earrings, evidently having come up with the same idea as us. I jokingly inquired if she minded me eating some skittles someone had left on the table, she said no and went on her way with her loot. We at once hit the store and I told one of my friends to get the keys (which would be clipped to the storekeeper's clothes) and begin opening the display cases for loot, telling him to leave the money in cashier (I reasoned it would be a waste of time since these people were so loaded they likely didn't even keep physical cash). They began cleaning aisles whilst I called time, to my dismay they were taking much more than I anticipated. With my plan to take little spread out over many stores having burst into flames, upon the two minute mark I called them off, personally closing the cases and putting the keys back onto the storekeeper for whatever that was worth. We at once set out and past the doorkeeper just as time returned to normal.

My two friends began inspecting the loot in their bags, bragging about how it must be worth at least £100,000, I suspected it was worth many factors more. I told them to stop being such idiots and stop bragging about how much the loot is worth, because if that didn't raise suspicion with the guards then someone would try to steal our loot. I at once began formulating a plan, thinking up how I was to divide the loot between the three of us, conscious of the risk of one of them running away with half the loot in their hand. I had deep concern that one of my friends was doing just that when he crossed the road without us, using a car speeding ahead to block our route to him. We waited for the car to pass whilst he continued walking on, when something occurs - a black car with dark windows nearly hits him. Out come people in black suits, bundling him into the car. Somehow we felt this was not about the loot.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: December 30, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »

I just had a dream in which I scripted a submarine to launch "depth charges" (really just bombs which detonated on impact) onto land targets from underwater using some kind of artillery cannon. In crusader kings 2...

So that was weird!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3409 on: December 30, 2016, 12:45:19 pm »

30/12/2016
I had a dream I was an Ottoman laying waste to sicily. I was amassing my forces for a siege upon Rome against a coalition of Italian states and the Kingdom of France when I received a report that our fleet had been destroyed by the Spanish. The shock of this news caused me to awake

01/01/2016
I dreamed I was a divorce lawyer who had an urgent deadline regarding the paperwork for a peculiar marriage case. The case was between two immortal Cthulhu cultists who had gotten married, and were incredibly concerned over their oath to be united till death do them part, particularly as they were arguing over what it meant to be united in such a manner when in strange aeons even death may die. It was very stressful
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:19:29 pm by Loud Whispers »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 05, 2017, 01:08:43 am »

I was lying in my bed, late at night, unable to sleep and worried that I'm going to tired tomorrow. Then my alarm clock beeps and I suddenly open my eyes, feeling refreshed.

Yes, I dreamed that I couldn't sleep. It wasn't the first dream of the night, so this wasn't a case of dreamless sleep.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: January 05, 2017, 03:02:11 am »

I rarely remember written or spoken words in dreams verbatim, so this is the exception. During a conversation with one of my fellow apostles or priests or crusaders of the Will-Be-Becoming, he said something and asked that I pass it on to the Restless world, so here it is...

"The first imagery of the mind we should teach our children is the difference between "Now and Then;" for in the time before ours, inanimate objects did not-- could not-- have souls."

Dunno! :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 05, 2017, 07:00:55 am »

I woke up from a dream an hour ago which was the closest thing to a nightmare I've had in years.

I was trying to play games on steam, but they all had freakishly large banner ads in them, and not like in a separate frame from the game - the ads were overlays so that they blocked part of the view of the game world.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3413 on: January 05, 2017, 08:33:30 am »

I dreamt that I took off my face, but it wasn't my face. I looked at it and couldn't recognize it.

*sigh* Well, I guess my dysphoria's leaking into my dreams now.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 05, 2017, 09:41:17 am »

In some of my dreams I'm male, and in some of them I'm female.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: January 05, 2017, 01:44:38 pm »

I woke up from a dream an hour ago which was the closest thing to a nightmare I've had in years.

I was trying to play games on steam, but they all had freakishly large banner ads in them, and not like in a separate frame from the game - the ads were overlays so that they blocked part of the view of the game world.
It is horrifying.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: January 05, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »

Dreamt last night we had added on smaller sheds as extensions and rooms to our cabin, built a second story, and it was all insulated, heated and we had electric lighting running continuously. It was a good dream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3417 on: January 06, 2017, 07:53:44 am »

Had a dream that was just staring Frampt in the face while the world turned red and screaming

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: January 06, 2017, 10:15:59 am »

Had a very interesting dream of being part of the expeditionary force in ww2 and shooting some enemy soldier with a machine gun I got from a corpse. The thing is that the dream felt incredibly vivid and real, and I even remember feeling pain and stuff. After the battle I somehow met with my sister which handed me a medal, and then I remember commenting that "I either travelled back in time or this is a lucid dream".

I guess I was kinda aware that it was a dream, but not enough to act on it? Dream ended a bit after that.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: January 06, 2017, 01:05:18 pm »

Had a dream which I remember barely anything about, except one nice sentence. I think I was an astronomer doing some urgent research for some reason. The quote I remember was regarding that research: "The other place is doing whatever the hysterical public say is important right now. But WE'RE dealing with the things that make people in expensive cars drive really quickly."

Also I think that Trump somehow achieved octopus lichdom at some point? I have vague memories of his undead cephalopod wig getting stuck in a turbine during a submarine chase.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 339