Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571011 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3375 on: December 01, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »

Last night, I dreamed that I went back to my old highschool after summer vacation (which is actually a boys-only boarding school) dressed as a girl, to prank a friend of mine, and see if he sees through my clever disguise.

Cue him falling for it hook, line, and sinker, and also falling for 'me'

... Yeeeeah...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 02, 2016, 12:22:56 am »

I wonder what it is that causes us to remember some dreams so strongly and others not at all. Ever wonder what your dreamself was doing in the ones you didn't let yourself remember?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 02, 2016, 12:25:01 am »

It's probably not much different from normal memories. We remember things which stand out, and discard almost all of what's routine. This is why remembered dreams tend to be surreal, fantastic, or horrifying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 02, 2016, 05:38:03 am »

I'd say it has more to do with when you fell asleep and your state of mind before the REM period ends.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 02, 2016, 10:44:03 am »

Had a dream where my mouth was too full of teeth and the teeth fell out one by one. Not a fun dream.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 02, 2016, 11:48:25 am »

Dreamt I was part of an adventuring party trying to fight our way inside an ominous fortress. We didn't even reach the main gate, because party member -2 int kept getting stuck in holes. It was frustrating
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 05, 2016, 12:31:46 am »

Finally had a dream for the first time in ages. Not a good dream, but hey. Might as well write it down.

So, my mom and I were basically at some weird isolated outdoor concert. Nice place, sort of an open field. The band seemed to be a combination of country and rock. I don't generally listen to that sort of thing, but people were having a good time. I remember a couple people in the audience(small one, maybe 20-30 people) near me had guitars, acoustic ones, and were playing along. Weird, but all right. Sort of seemed like hipster bullshit.

But as things generally go with my dreams, that couldn't last. Suddenly out of fucking nowhere I hear this eagle-ish noise, and one of the audience members gets grabbed into the air and flown off by a Skarmory. They were not pleased by this, needless to say. If you're wondering then no, there was no indication that the dream was apparently happening in the pokemon world before this moment. Now, I like Skarmory and all. It might actually be one of my favorites, which I guess makes sense. After all, if a Pokemon is going to show up in my dream, It'd logically be one I at least somewhat like. So anyway, this was sort of not okay. A couple other people get grabbed by other hueg metal birbs, screaming as they go, and we start running for our cars. Remember that open field I told you about? Yeah the cars are all on the other side. This is stupid. But before we start running, dream me has an extremely vivid thought. I HAVE A GUN IN MY BACK POCKET. Like, dream me was absolutely sure about this.

So we're running through the field, zigzagging to dodge the birds (a few of them got extremely close to me) while I rummage through my back pockets, probably looking like a total moron. 20-30 seconds or so later, dream me holds his newfound weapon in his hands. He takes aim, and *click*. What I'm holding in my hands is a perfectly functional mechanical pencil. Yeah. I do carry pencils around like that one, but that's not very nice of you brain. Anyway, we keep running, and eventually we make it to a covered area nearby to our cars. So we rest for a bit to catch our breath. Maybe 9-10 people got taken. And after that morbid thought, I woke up.

Oh and by the way this dream is especially weird because I haven't played Sun and Moon at all. Haven't even really watched videos of it. So yeah, probably unrelated.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:52 am »

I had a really strange dream last night.

So there were people walking around with... odd body part replacements. They'd have an arm or a hand or a leg replaced by something else that did the same thing but appeared to made of assorted scrap. And then I went with a friend to see the place where people got these changes (he was carrying some parts for is own changes, apparently wood for longer arms/legs). It was in a somewhat rundown store in an outdoor shopping mall of some kind. Inside, there was a very long line where people had various parts in hand. Some already had gone through some changes. I didn't get in line because something about it terrified me, but I did try to see exactly how people got these changes. At the end of the line, rather than an operating table, there was just one guy who took the parts that people gave him, did something that I couldn't see, and then the person who gave him the parts walked away with their bodily changes.

...I'd write an SCP based on this except it's too similar to things that have been done before.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3383 on: December 05, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »

I was hiking through verdant fields and rolling hills of immense natural beauty, however I spent my time picking up £1 coins when I wanted to explore the hills. I kept picking up the coins, but pennies would fall from my hands. Eventually I began storing the £1 coins in my pocket, suspicious to those around me trying to take my coins.
YOUR PROBLEM

IS SMAUG

buuuuuuuuuurn
Burninating the verdant countryside, WITH THEIR THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: December 06, 2016, 09:28:55 am »

Dreamed that the US got nuked and life suddenly became a lot more dystopian and Fallout-like. Don't remember who was President at the time, probably either Trump or Clinton.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 06, 2016, 11:45:17 am »

I had a dream where me and my friends (this was a long time ago, by the way) were at a factory with a witch. We all turned into peanuts characters at some point, and there was a pipe which, when kicked, would start up a machine that would start melting our bodies to a certain point, turned us into a material similar to the metal in the factory, and essentially glued us there, still alive. Except our legs were now part of the roof. It was really weird, and I was so curious the next night that I basically asked my subconscious to give me the same dream again. That night I dreamt that I went to a big tower full of ghosts and died. That was anticlimactic.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 09, 2016, 10:47:52 am »

I had a dream I was helping a cheerful but senile old lady to her home.  When I got there I asked her her name, and she said in an old lady voice "My name is Razorblade Poison Ivy".

It was the raddest old lady name I've heard.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3387 on: December 10, 2016, 01:10:34 pm »

I had a dream I was helping a cheerful but senile old lady to her home.  When I got there I asked her her name, and she said in an old lady voice "My name is Razorblade Poison Ivy".

It was the raddest old lady name I've heard.
That's fricking awesome.

Ace in your sleeve razorblade hand blood
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 10, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »

Had a dream two nights ago. Or so.

In which I was a super villain... busy stealing curtains.

After I eventually managed that, I ran off... then "Solar Girl" or whatever her name was shot through the sky and impacted the ground far in the distance. There was this dream sense of "I'm doomed", the feeling you get in a dream when something will go against you no matter what you have to say about it.

Solar Girl promptly superspeeds next to me. And I see she's wearing a skimpy outfit. Which I hate. This gives me the strength to break the doom, and hit her, sending her into a tangle of limbs. Naturally, she survives that. At which point, I gain some awareness that I'm dreaming. When that happens, I typically gain control over my dream. This time was no exception. It started with flight. Solar Girl and I promptly shot towards a city, flying. There was a bit of fighting going on there. We passed by a few billboards. Then I awoke.

Very annoying, waking up.
~~~
Here's another one.

I was in an underground residence, my own. It was far too large, to the point where I couldn't find my room. And as for what I could find... I wasn't really sure why there was a summer camp down there. At which point I realize I'm dreaming, escape, and start testing out my powers.

Flight comes easy. Then I try disintegration. It doesn't work, but changing the colors of things does. I promptly turn a giant structure of some kind red.

Then I wake up, just after trying to turn a person red.
~~~
There was also a one with a weird zombie apocalypse type story with purple and yellow zombies vulnerable to steam, but I don't remember much of that.
~~~
To this date, one of the greatest annoyances I have with my dreams is my weakened senses. It's like... looking at the sun, in a way. My vision is weakened, I only hear speech, and my other senses are nonexistent. Being able to go into third person is nice, but not really adequate compensation.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: December 10, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »

Dreamed last night that I went down to the lake. I parked at a turnoff near the end of a bridge that crossed a creek as it entered the lake. There were other bridges extending out into the water for boat ramps and docks, and a tiny swimming area. Under the bridge there were little tide pools with critters in them. I was there with a friend and my dog. There were a few other people around, and there was also a kitten near them. Lucy was being friendly with everyone and following me as we explored the area. There was also a house for sale, a small log cabin style structure with a few rooms and a loft. The asking price was only 4 grand. I really liked the house, and the decorations in it. There was an elderly couple leaving just as we showed up. After leaving again we went down and explored more under the bridges, and there was a box of kittens under one of them. Like dozens and dozens of kittens. Their owner was putting them up for adoption, so anyone could just come and grab one. The kittens were getting into everything. Kittens
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 339