Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567319 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1740 on: July 04, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »

That sounds like a movie that would be a fitting dark comedy, rather than horror movie.

I can imagine the Airplane! quote being mentioned. "They had a choice, chicken or fish." "That's right... I had the lasagna."

The food there must be to die for.

:D
That quote made me laugh a good amount.  It fits perfectly.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 04, 2014, 04:21:27 pm »

I was watching a film with my brother. Its plot seemed to be based on Original War. It's a somewhat obscure game but it pretty much boils down to US army sending people three million years back in time when Alaska and Siberia were still connected in order to mine as much siberite (green crystals that can be used as a catalyst for cold fusion, fuel for a time machine or to create a bomb that makes nuclear weapons look like harmless toys) as possible and bury it in Alaska. This changes the history, Soviets find the time machine and remains of mining machines and decide to use the time machine to go back in time and prevent Americans from stealing their natural resources.
Anyway, in the dream, Americans in the past found out that one of their computer-controlled tanks disregarded orders. They managed to immobilize it and neutralize its weapons. Two engineers were then sent to recover the wreckage and investigate it. When they arrived, the tank's computer started to talk to them. The engineers asked it some questions and soon realized the computed housed a self-aware AI instead of a much simpler program that was used to control tanks. The AI started with an expository monologue. It was a product of a secret military program that aimed to create AIs usable as weapons. When this AI was to be deleted, it managed to escape.
There was a flashback that was supposed to explain how the AI got into the past. The first part of the flashback took place in a bedroom. There was a small bed for a baby and a large bed with a husband and a wife in it. The husband was a former soldier. He had survived an accident/chemical attack but his body suffered too much damage. Now he had a robotic body with his brain in it. The body looked like an extremely scrawny human, its skin had a blue-gray colour. I think the body had a computer installed in order to control bodily functions and provide an interface between the brain and the body. The AI somehow managed to download itself into the body in the middle of a night when everyone was asleep.
The AI took control of the body and pulled a pistol out of a nightstand. Apparently, each bullet had two crewmembers on board who were shrunk to about 1 mm size by a shrink ray. The AI took one bullet out of the pistol so its crew could watch. A small humanoid robot about five centimeters tall exited the hijacked body and made its way to the baby's bed. It then started to release a nerve gas as the bullet's crew begged the AI to stop. The baby, I think it was a girl, inhaled the gas, woke up, cried for a few seconds and then died. The wife woke up but couldn't hear her daughter crying so she thought she must had imagined it. She noticed her "husband" was awake and started talking to him quietly. They talked for a while and she was getting increasingly creeped out by the AI. I don't remember the rest of the dream but I'm pretty sure the AI killed her.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 04, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

That would make a good book
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 05, 2014, 01:02:39 am »

I had a dream where it felt like I was playing some kind of game that was a combination of Black & White and Minecraft, only I was the 'guy' in the game making stuff -- in particular, suits of armor and various weapons. Which I then proceeded to somehow put on 'squads' of female soldiers 6 to a group, kitting them out with armor and swords big enough to match Princess Yggdra's Gran Centurio. Said soldiers then proceeded to charge across the 'screen' to the right, attacking an enemy force about 5 times their size, in a method of battle that looked sorta similar to Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone, though more flashy. It was... epic. There was even RPG battle music or something playing. ^^

I also had another freaking weird dream when I was younger, where I was in some sort of hospital waiting room type place. The room was devoid of people except me, with a couple plants and some benches against the walls. All of a sudden a set of double doors on one end of the room bursts open, and my oldest brother runs through like a mountain lion is after his ass. I didn't really catch the expression on his face, and his clothes and state looked normal, but damn he was scared. Mere seconds after he leaves the scene, the doors open AGAIN, and this time it's this FREAKY ass kid in a yellow shirt and he's LAUGHING maniacally like Woody Woodpecker on crack. He starts running circles around me at about a 3-4 meter distance, while I'm kinda whining and holding this heavy book in front of me like some kind of shield. All of a sudden, he stops -- literally, it's like time itself froze -- and a moment later he's like "RAGH" and jumps me.

I mercifully wake up at that point.

What. The. Fuck.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 05, 2014, 01:12:16 am »

I want your dreams.

They sound funs.

All I get are lucid ones.

And sometimes Eldritch ones it seems.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 05, 2014, 02:22:29 am »

I will never understand people who involuntarily have lucid dreams.
I mean, being a natural is one thing. Being forced to lucid dream is another thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 05, 2014, 02:25:13 am »

It's weird. I don't understand how it works.

If I don't notice it's a dream right off the bat then it rapidly devolved into teeth and claws and eyes and tentacles of the not fun types and non-elucidian geometries until I do realize it's a dream. Rather unpleasant.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 05, 2014, 03:03:31 am »

I usually can't force myself to lucid dream.  My first lucid dreams were all WILD, usually me lying in bed in the very early morning just after waking up.  I'd start to kind of feel like my bed was floating on water, then without warning I'd be ripped out of the bed and flung into a kind of orangey-blue sunset Nowhere, like I'd fallen through the universe's clipping.  Wind whips past me, all I can hear is the roaring, I usually fly in what feels like a long circle before I land.  Sometimes I land back in my bed.  The first time this happened I got up and went about my daily ritual, before I suddenly realized I was dreaming.  Now I know I'm dreaming when I land.

Nowadays though most of my lucid dreams are spontaneous.  Usually it'll be in the morning again, a few minutes before I wake up, I guess my faculties return unevenly or something.  I'll be dreaming as normal and I'll suddenly, I'm not sure how to put it.  I'll think using the logic of the dream.  Like a frisbee lands on the roof and I'm like "whatever, I'll just jump up" and that's what triggers lucidity.

Last night I didn't have a lucid dream but it was pretty weird anyway.  I dreamed about a D&D campaign, like I planned the whole thing out in this program on the computer that was like a fantasy google maps.  I'm almost positive I dreamed this once before but forgot about it, and I remembered parts of it in the dream.  It's mostly fading so I'll write it down here.

It was called In a Waning World, I think.  Or something along those lines.  It was like a cross between the first few chapters of Corum and The Banner Saga, where the players are shepherding a caravan of their kinsmen as they flee their homeland.  Some Thoth-Amon looking dude from another land has pretty much completely destroyed their homeland with his army, and the catch is that he's not the villain or anything, he's pretty much the end of the world.  He's despoiled everything he's touched and his army is basically just grinding its way across the land with nothing to stop him.  That's where the Corum aspects come in, the PCs are among the last of their kind in a world that's very quickly changing, and there's little they can do about it.

There were like seven or eight adventures within the campaign but I don't remember what they all were.  It was a mix of dealing with the caravan and breaking off for more traditional adventures where it became apparent the PCs are like the Thoth-Amon dude, Special People, among the last of them left on Earth.  Maybe that's why he's looking for them?  The adventures entail destroying the last great magical beasts in the world, though I'm not sure why.  The only adventures I actually remember were the last few.  The final missions saw the players travelling deep underground, like to the center of the world, to some kind of giant earthworks, and killing a giant worm thing.  This was significant but I don't remember how or why.

Then there was kind of a denouement in the new land they discovered which might have involved killing the Thoth-Amon guy.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1748 on: July 05, 2014, 09:12:17 am »

Eldritch lucid dreams get fun when you're the eldritch one. Oddly enough, I've had dreams where I have hung out with other eldritch horrors as if they were equals, and spent most the time getting stoned and drunk with them. It's weird seeing such a being of utter horror hit one up, and even start acting like a stoner. It's unusually hilarious, because you'd never expect such monstrosities being so chilled out, and being... normal.

It gets weirder when you can actually understand the eldritch tongue, and can speak their language as well in these dreams as well. Turns out, many of these gods are getting sick and tired of how sacrifices are being handed to them. I mean, they want someone to hang out with; not a bloody mess that's not much for conversation. They want to be understood, not feared. Looking uglier than sin kinda doesn't award them many points, not to mention speaking a broken inverse-starfish-Latin of sorts is a tad difficult to understand or translate; so basically, they have to accept that humans are just too closed-minded to interact with. I mean, with how history goes, we've been homogenizing ourselves into a single class/race of species. We might not be a friendly race to interact with be you eldritch, etherial, or just a plain 'ol off-worlder. To greet us with their heaviest hitting weapons out (like quantum nukes that can wipe out star systems) is probably a suitable "Hello" for any race that has studied us sufficiently. From what I've heard from these things before, Humans are none more than a very stubborn virus with sentience that's harder to remove from existence than previously thought. We escape our prison of a planet, the rest of the universe is royally fucked, and no god can stop us once we travel out of our world. The last god that tried to settle us got brutally killed by us; and he was probably the most chill of them. The fact we were willing to wipe out their most peaceful advocate/ambassador without a heartbeat to wait, because of our own power-hungry "needs"; I think being armed at all times is plenty normal to behave around us.

I wouldn't put it past any non-human being to mistake us as demons that escaped from Hell. And the worst of them all. In fact, I think in my dreams interacting with said gods, they were initially scared of me, but opened up when they learned I had no intent to harm; although they needed to scope me out thoroughly at a supernatural level to be sure. And I was the paranoid one. Nothing more paranoid than a species of higher beings that are aware that there are things scarier than them, and they can be lesser species in massive numbers; so yes, I guess a virus or swarm of locusts is a good way to describe us Humans. Theoretically speaking, look at Mars and Venus, and assume Earth is another shot at living for our species, and those last two were failures of our existence; or we took everything we could from those worlds.

EDIT:
On another note; I also had a dream where The Devil asked me for the blood of my first born, in a dream that I had a family of my own. They were not amused with my blood sacrifice. I mean, how would you feel if you were mailed a bloody band-aid ball? Yes, I owned the Devil on a technicality. My kid was apparently accident-prone, and I was well-stocked with medical supplies. Hearing even the Devil call me a "sick bastard" is strangely satisfying and amusing. Never bothered to ask for a sacrifice from me again. I think I broke him.

Strangely enough, I think I have more of a vitrolic smartass friendship with the Devil in most of my dreams, rather than him always being the enemy. He does do the usual Devil thing, and smirks and maybe flips me off at my answers to his usual tricks. In a sense, I think he enjoys the fact that I can play on equal ground against him. Instead of casting him back to Hell all the time like most others would, or fearing him even; I show him the light instead, by being a total loon with his challenges. In a sense, I burn him back with his own tricks, in my own style.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:32:35 am by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:59 am »

Had a dream the other night where some jerk insulted my wife. When I went to confront him, it was Don Flamenco from Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! (Yes, those are in the title.) He starts shoving me around, pushes me to the ground, and does his little dance. Then, I punch him in the jaw, knocking him down. He gets up, and I knock him down again. He gets up. I punch him so hard that his toupee falls off and he falls down behind a cabana. Suddenly, another Flamenco appears, does the dance, and gets knocked down. Gets up. Gets knocked down again. Gets up to get hit in the face immediately, toupee flying off and him disappearing behind a dumpster. Another Flamenco. Another dance. And another. And another. They keep coming and throwing themselves on my fists. And dancing like idiots. And losing toupees. I start punching them out as they begin their stupid little dance. They just don't stop coming. I wade my way through a sea of Flamencos, all wearing different clothes, some with mustaches, some with deep tans, some pale, all with stupid looking toupees that I knock off. Turns out, I fought my way through the entire Flamenco Family Reunion, only to be pissed off that they didn't offer me a hotdog. I punch the cabin that they're in, which promptly falls into a pile of lumber and logs, and the dream ends.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 06, 2014, 06:05:12 am »

You sure have some amusing dreams, MZ.

I can't remember what I dreamt about earlier today, it was interesting enough that I pondered about it for a while but apparently not quite interesting enough for me to make a post here. Or maybe I just forgot. The other night/day though, I remember dreaming that I was hanging out with a band I know, apparently following them from one gig to another.
At one point we found that one of their members (or maybe a member of a band they were playing with?) had driven off with their gear, and we ended up finding their guitars etcetera abandoned in a heap on some weird run-down concrete bridge. That's... about all I remember.

Haven't been dreaming quite as crazily as usual, lately. Maybe it's too cold. :P
Hopefully I'll have some batshit insane dreams tonight.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 06, 2014, 06:06:21 am »

MZ has a grade A subconscious.

10/10 would release libido in socially acceptable manner again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 06, 2014, 07:44:22 am »

Well, that was moderately vivid, for me anyway. That's been happening a lot more lately, which is nice other than the one dream vaguely involving basketball which I have been trying to intentionally purge from my memory for a little while. Don't ask about that one by the way, just don't. So, this one I remember playing a fairly nice game of chess, don't remember against who or what, but then suddenly I'm being attacked by a pair of lions, both male oddly enough. I manage to get myself backed up against a wall, and I guess someone was trying to help get me out of wherever I was, but I was kind of focusing more on the important task of FENDING OFF TWO LIONS WITH MY BARE HANDS. I'd say I was doing fairly well all things considered, but then I woke up. My dreams have been denying me closure that way for a while too, which is mildly irritating. I mean come on, if I die just tell me okay? My dreams haven't been afraid to show my death before, so why stop now?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 06, 2014, 11:23:47 am »

So, last night's-- or should I say knight's-- dream was more than partially inspired by D&D, and, of course, the forums.

Alright, so, I'm just walking on this road to "camp", whatever that was, when I see these three guys. Two of them are acting like friends, but one of them was fighting the other two guys. They're all dressed like clerics or paladins or something, and the jerk guy was wearing black trimmed armor and a black trimmed shield. I go up and ask them what's going on, and they all spout some random numberbabble with +3s on attack rolls and that kind of stuff. I remember that the black armor guy had a really crappy one where he was more powerful if he dropped his shield; catch was, his only weapon was this puny little handaxe. He prepares to beat the crap out of the guys, when they, who were armed with maces or swords or something, beat the crap out of him. The dream gets a little hazy around here, but I'm walking with one of the guys, who had blue trimmed armor, and eventually the last guy turned on him. A lot of weird stuff happens and I get to "camp", which is actually just a tent. There were a bunch of dudes inside the tent and they were all talking. I remember hearing something about Kevak, of all things, but then I turned around and walked out of the tent and started heading home.

That's about it, as I recall.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 06, 2014, 11:46:48 am »

Yays! I've infected your subconscious!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 339