Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512727 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1725 on: June 28, 2014, 09:44:30 pm »

I'm amazed I still remember this, but I had an interesting dream the night before last.

In the first part I can remember, I was in a large office floor/cube farm (although I don't remember seeing any actual cubicles, just workstations and counters and such) of some company I can't remember. The surfaces in the place were mostly white with frequent patches of a deep blue colour.
There was a video-game style mechanic where you could rummage through a pile of stuff for salvageable computer parts, and a while after that I found a counter with a long line where some bored-looking employee was buying them.
I remember getting paid $2 for the stuff I found using that craft, and $2.40 for some other parts I had from elsewhere. I held up the line asking the guy questions about just what they bought, then wandered off. You could only sell stuff once a day, so I was kicking myself for not gathering more first.

The next scene I remember (not sure how much time had elapsed, although waking-logic suggests it must have been a while) was in a large outdoors area with a bunch of tall-ish buildings up ahead, and I believe it was a sort of FPS-style battle over resources.
I remember being near our base/spawn area while most of my team was up ahead somewhere fighting, I may have been going to join them. Suddenly I died, shot from behind by some dickish sniper sitting to the rear of our base, which was a couple of those portable container-home things.

Anyway, I respawned, came around the other side of the buildings and spotted the sniper crouched on a small hill.
I quickly took aim at them, I saw the scope of their rifle start to turn towards me, but I fired first and killed them. I went over to inspect/loot the body and discovered that they were actually a female elf. Also bald, for some reason.
At this point I contacted my brother by some sort of hands-free comms gadget, and asked him if he needed the body for parts. :o Apparently he was some sort of mad-sciencey type or something, I dunno.
He said the only thing he really needed was a face with makeup on it, and this elf's face just happened to be pretty heavily covered in makeup. I was looking over the body once more, having stripped it of its equipment and any valuables, when I accidentally (I think it was, anyway) fired my rifle into her face, blowing half of it off.

Weirdly enough, though, the bullet had somehow cleanly blown half of her face off, like a portion of the flesh had just been neatly removed, almost in the shape of a 'phantom of the opera' mask. I decided, rather amused by this turn of events, to glue her face back together and take her to my brother anyway.
This entailed picking up the severed piece of face by clicking in my right thumbstick, fallout/skyrim-style, and painstakingly shifting it over to the head. Once I had it more-or-less in place I held down X to glue it together, like in Little Big Planet.

...And then, having done that, I picked up the body normally, without any of that fiddly game mechanic nonsense. :o
That was a weird dream indeed. Not sure just what my brother needed corpses for, and I'm not all that eager to know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 28, 2014, 10:14:34 pm »

That was weird.

You should also hold off on the games for a while.

...Wait, how often do you play? I want a dream where I have a HUD.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 28, 2014, 10:27:08 pm »

Funny thing is, I haven't played Fallout in quite a while, and Little Big Planet I haven't played in years.
No idea why those two mechanics suddenly popped up in my dreams. The only FPS I've played lately is CoD. :-[ Even the rifle I had was the hunting rifle from Fallout, now that I think of it. I blame my brother for disturbing me while I was trying to nap, that's presumably why he featured in the dream so I'll blame all the weirdness on it, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 28, 2014, 11:09:00 pm »

I've had dreams in gaming UI before.  I distinctly remember dreaming in Civ 4, X-Com, and TF2 UI but I know those aren't the only ones.  They tend to be memorable because I always wake up from them dizzy and nauseous.  Don't really know why.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 29, 2014, 01:28:15 am »

Civ V.

Oh dear goodness, the Civ V dreams.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 29, 2014, 09:38:58 am »

Few days ago, I had a dream that I was standing on a bridge over a river. There were six or seven people with me. Suddenly, I saw Papa Emeritus from metal band Ghost (I saw the band some time ago at an Iron Maiden concert and I liked the music though I'm somewhat disturbed by the lyrics.) walking up-stream on the surface of the river. He was followed by a group of people, around ten or so, all walking on water. I was looking carefully at his feet because I refused to believe he could do something like that. He stopped near the bridge and started to preach about how we should worship Satan and that God is a lie. The people I was with started to call Papa Emeritus names. His followers started to throw snowballs at us... while standing in the middle of a river... in summer. "My" group started to throw snowballs as well. I was standing in the middle of the group wondering where they got the snow from. There was a pig running around me that had some snow on its back so I tried to make a snowball out of that. It wasn't enough and it was melting so quickly I didn't manage to throw it. Then the dream changed. I was standing in front of a stage. Papa Emeritus was standing on the stage and we were calmly discussing some theological stuff about Satan and Jesus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I remembered one more dream from a few weeks ago. Equestria was destroyed by a nuclear war. The only survivor was Fluttershy who was diving at the sea at the time. She had to live underwater because the surface was uninhabitable. Meanwhile, electric eels were using their ability to create electric discharges to mindcontrol ants into terraforming the surface. Yeah, it doesn't make sense.
At the end there was a short scene where Twilight said: "But my mother told me my magic WILL NOT VANISH!" and then her horn started to glow. That probably has nothing to do with the rest of the dream.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 01, 2014, 05:25:37 am »

So I just remembered that last night I dreamed that I got it on with some guy and he took some pictures of me and somehow posted them on my Bay12 account in a thread. toady One quickly banned me and I woke up feeling ashamed until I realized none of it were real.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 01, 2014, 05:29:23 am »

So, vidya gaem dreams aren't too bad. Especially when they go well for you and you turn into a badass.
Unfortunately, most of my game dreams were about the old IL-2 Sturmovik. They consisted of me trying to get out of my burning fighter before I burn to death or crash. They were not particularly fun as you might imagine.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 02, 2014, 12:58:33 pm »

We were on our way to some location, apparently it was extremely dangerous. I also had various powers. so I gave myself and the other around me invulnerability made it so we didn't have to breathe and another that I forgot. When we got there we saw that the entire town was full of thousands of tombstones and had 2 big piles of unburied corpses.

I begin freaking out about how we were going to die and that were doomed. I calmed down after we got to our destination, everything seemed ok everyone was nice everything was fine the people with me talked with the people there, then I freaked out.

I grew 16 feet tall gained metallic skin and my right arm gained claws and a scythe like weapon. Everyone there got pretty scared, I then  gained controlled myself and turned back to my normal form. Some woman came in  who I presumed was the reason it was so dangerous here. She started going through various invisibility abilities while talking to me, but I was able to see her through all of them.

She wanted to do this fight turned based, I thought this was very stupid, so I grabbed her leg and I inflicted intense pain and misery upon her, this killed her. I then started laughing insanely and I talked to myself in 3 different voices. I now had control of the dead woman body and my coat sleeve started making out with the woman's sleeve. after awhile I asked "is there more to this then your telling me" my sleeve stopped making out and sucked in some string.

Then I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 02, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »

A telephone box, eh?

inb4 doctor who cat
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 02, 2014, 06:55:16 pm »

A telephone box, eh?

inb4 superman cat
FTFY

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »

I keep having dreams where I end up losing one of my legs, and it's freaking me out.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 04, 2014, 03:51:29 pm »

I had the strangest dream last night,

People found out the world was ending, or that life is pointless or something, and everyone started gong crazy,
but that's not the strange part of the dream, that is just letting you know the setting.

There was a restaurant, and it had free food, people would go in, and be sat in groups of 4, even if it was with strangers, and they would bring out a tray of brushes, and everyone had to grab one at random and stick it in their mouth, whoever had the brush with butter on it got to pick first,
then they would bring out 4 entrees, and everyone picked which one they want.

There were snipers across the street, aiming at the restaurant, and before the people picked which entree they wanted, the snipers were told an entree and a table and had to try to shoot the person that got that food before they finished eating and left the restaurant,  the dream went on for a while, and I saw a few people get gunned down.

But there was one fat lady who was able to eat her food, and fake out the snipers enough times to where she was able to get out the front door after she finished eating, and people cheered and gave her a big plaque.  And on the plaque, in giant letters it said "The World Means Nothing".   then I woke up.

Edit:  I realized I should mention, only one person out of the group of 4 gets shot at.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:18:46 pm by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 04, 2014, 03:54:55 pm »

For some reason that made me laugh extremely hard. Especially the end.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1739 on: July 04, 2014, 04:11:11 pm »

That sounds like a movie that would be a fitting dark comedy, rather than horror movie. Like Shawn of the Dead.

I can imagine the Airplane! quote being mentioned. "They had a choice, chicken or fish." "That's right... I had the lasagna."

The food there must be to die for.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:20:35 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 339