Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567320 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1770 on: July 10, 2014, 11:00:08 am »

Had a weird dream. Very disjointed and nonlinear, as usual. The clearest thing I remember, and the easiest to describe, was that I was in this car at some point. It's this ugly little lime green cube thing, like a Nissan cube. I wasn't driving, I was in the passenger's seat. We're speeding, going really really fast. We're high up on a populated highway.

So, I noticed this little switch in the car. A little 5 way plastic switch. For whatever reason, I hit the switch as far as it can go. Suddenly the car is going extremely fast. Like, sudden infinite increase in acceleration as soon as I hit the switch. Our vision gets blurred like we've entered mach light warp speed in a sci-fi movie. Not as fast as light, but fast enough to warp my vision.

"I'm going to jump onto the other highway!" says the driver.
"Wait wat?" is my response. There's another highway in the distance. We can't jump the car over there. It's too far. This is insane.

Then we veer off a curve in the highway. The car is going so fast it's flying. Or fastly falling. Still accelerating, despite no traction. If my dream took physics into account, we probably would've died from the sudden g-force as soon as I hit the switch or whatever.

Anyway, so imagine a car going insanely fast down a cliffside, and you can see the wall of the other cliff accelerating towards you supernaturally fast. So fast your brain knows this is wrong and terrified of it.  I thought I was going to die. Don't remember clearly what situation the dream transitioned into next. Pretty sure I woke up briefly from sheer terror before going back to sleep and disrupted the car dream.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 10, 2014, 12:07:00 pm »

Had a dream where I guess I was climbing a mountain/hill of sorts for some reason. There were a bunch of stereotypical rednecks up there yelling things I don't remember. Eventually I get close to the top and then I get shot with an assault rifle a bunch and wake up. Pretty sure I didn't have a gun at any point. Dream had a borderlands like feel somewhat.

Edit: Yeah most of the dreams I remember tend to end in failure one way or another. Which is why the previous one I wrote about seemed so weird to me. It just kinda felt like the fight could still go either way. Getting shot repeatedly doesn't leave me any doubt to how things went. Closure is nice.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:20:07 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 10, 2014, 12:48:52 pm »

Wat.
* Kevak wonders who
I like this thread when it's not locked so I will refrain from talking about it. :x
You know you guys can just PM if you're really that interested in talking about it in a non-locking place.

Anyway, had this weird dream a few days ago, I don't remember most of it, but the first part involved me riding on my roller scooter to various Taco Bells, and all of them being closed.
Then I went back to this apartment place where giant plants were eating people, and enormous Lovecraftian-esque pimples started appearing out of the floor, and then MaximumZero walks out of the bathroom and starts pouring salt on them and everything just went bat-shit crazy.
I really wish I was able to post about it when it was fresher in my mind, because it was weird as hell.

Last night's dream involved me and some girl stalking vampires and murdering their faces, and an elevator that seemed to never reached the last floor.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1773 on: July 10, 2014, 02:18:46 pm »

Another day, another dream.

I was spelunking, I guess. I'd been there before, and I was going in ahead of a group of tourists I had to avoid being seen by for some reason. I was doing something with magic that made the tour guide think there was a bear in the cave? At one point, I had to go through a really narrow river tunnel, lying on my back, on a canoe-y raft. The roof was 30cm from my face. I eventually got to a cavern with a cabin in it like this, and entered the cabin. I lay on a couch for a while, before deciding it wasn't well-hidden enough.

Time then jumped forward, and everyone was there and I was allowed to talk to them. It was a group of maybe seven people, of whom at least two were female. The room I was in had been converted to a lounge with elements taken directly from mine, and some unfamiliar ones. And, broken ground: There was a woman there who was mastahcheese's mother. First forum-related person to appear in a dream. What is it with me, forumites, and parents anyway?

That's all I remember.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 10, 2014, 02:33:15 pm »

If you ever see any of my parents in a dream, beat the snot out of them please, they were abusive fucks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 10, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »

Pretty sure I woke up briefly from sheer terror before going back to sleep and disrupted the car dream.
This makes me wonder: am I the only that sort of enjoys veering up in your bed because you were about to hit the ground in your dream?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 10, 2014, 02:44:51 pm »

If I start napping in a spot that isn't safe (Like if I nod off in the shower.) I always get a tripping dream and it jolts me awake.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 10, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »

I had a dream that I was paralyzed, in some orange nebula, while some clear, glass-like octopus creature that was covered in eyes was staring at me.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 10, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »

you have been touched by cthulhu
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:30 am »

The other day I had a rather dramatic dream... I don't remember much of it, but three main characters, two brothers and a woman, were having a rather tense discussion in a small kitchen. I can't remember quite what they spoke about, but I know shit had been going down and they were planning their next move to escape/fight whoever was after them.
Then the dream shifted so that I was watching them through a rifle scope- someone was aiming at them from outside in the darkness.

Whoever it was (a police/military sniper, maybe?) fired, and the bullet went through a window, hit one of the brothers in the eye and entered his head with a spray of gore. His brother didn't realise what had happened right away, he'd been facing away from him leaning on a bench, deep in thought.
The shot man let out this horrible death gurgle, his remaining eye wide in shock and blood spurting out over the kitchen, and the other two turned towards him, suitably horrified by what happened. Then I believe I woke up before seeing what happened.

Yesterday, I dreamt that I was on a bus listening to stranger behind me talking to his neighbour about how he got really cheap bus fares or something. I remember debating whether or not I would speak up and ask him how exactly he saved so much money.
Then later on I was at some weird-looking station, listening to announcements and trying to catch a train.
Pretty sure I was woken up before I managed to board one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:20 am »

I had a dream where I moved somewhere far away from where I currently lived. Then we went to meet our new doctor or some BS and I was immediately diagnosed with cancer. The rest of the dream was basically me wandering around, worrying about the cancer and not having friends.

I don't want hugs often because I'm an antisocial sumbitch, but when I woke up from that...
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:23 am »

I had a dream where I got into a debate with Tracy Morgan concerning whether or not Kanye West was in fact the best artist of all time.
Also i punched a guy for touching my glasses.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 12, 2014, 10:33:29 am »

I had a dream that I was in a horror game. the instructions were simple: dont get seen by the creatures/enemies and get through the game.

I was in some dark metal room, I grabbed some land mines and tried to sneak along the path, I eventually got to a nice looking room.
I was turned around and a big guy in armor lunged a massive sword at me, I quickly dodged and the guy freaked out and chase music from amnesia started playing.

I start running and closing the doors behind me but the guy kind of phases through them (a bit slowly) after going through a few doors the guy breaks up into 2 shadow skeletons and they chase me. I keep running and shadow skeletons try to get in my way and  some larger shadow skulls as well, a few of them yell "vis a naktu a die!" I push my way past them and I decided to quit the game. I then woke up
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 12, 2014, 10:35:03 am »

I dreamt that me and some elementary school friends were leaving my school and there was a really nasty burnt-plastic smell. Then we all biked to a playground on hard to control bikes and went in there. Aliens appeared and started killing everyone, after hiding for some time I was the sole escapee and was racing down the streets to outrun the aliens. Eventually the mother alien died and I got a message that I won X-com.

ok

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 12, 2014, 10:52:59 am »

Had a dream where Dwarf Fortress got an update and now adventurers could catch fairies in jars. Amongst all the things you could do with the fairy, you could shake the jar to get fairy dust, which could heal injuries, you could grab the fairy in your fist and crush it into paste between your fingers, or you could eat the whole thing whole.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 339