Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512641 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1290 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:44 am »

I swear to God something is slowly being subject to Official Fan-Submitted Content when it comes to me and Awesomenauts.

You don't see your own characters (here) in your dreams from a very gamey perspective, do you. (including two clones of her for seemingly arbitrary reasons beyond "Hey, you're playing a custom game and you enabled picking of the same character on one team" which does seem to make relative sense, unlike my ramblings)
That said, I'm hoping for this character to become official one day, but hope is the best thing here.

That dream also included some sort of random map generator which supported Awesomenauts, some two other games (I think) and "a dwarf fortress". Yup, a game called "a dwarf fortress". Huh?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

Part of my dream last night was that I worked at a restaurant of some sort, and my boss took handwritten notes about my performance every time.

At the end of the dream I got to look through the notes, and almost all of them said "you fucked up" and nothing else.
This is beautiful
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 21, 2014, 07:08:40 pm »

I've kept a dream log since 2007.  Here's an entry from a while back that isn't too garbled from trying to summarize while still sleepy:

"In like a live-action game with mom and dad. Trying my best to get them to the next level. Fire arrows more like a sidearm slingshot for aim, dodge incoming fire and magic amazingly well. Way to next level is blocked by three cows, but I beat past them with a stick, causing them to stampede. Pig goes falling down central staircase. Mom has a large square jug of tea and dad is carrying luggage. Mom falls on her hip but can still walk. I take the jug and get her to move forward. Grab dad's suitcase, but he's winded and can barely walk. We get across bridge passage into Scotland, where we rest before tackling next level."

I'm in California and my parents are in South Carolina.  I have no idea how Scotland got mixed up in the dream, but then again, it wasn't the most random element.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 22, 2014, 06:57:16 am »

I was browsing the internets and suddenly I saw this:

(unsure about the release date, but it was definitely 0.50; that's my birthday btw)

And got all kinds of happy. (and went to change my Steam username to "DF2014 BYATCHES"
Then I realized I was still at school (which was weird enough on its own) and my maths teacher was standing in front of me, since it was apparently Polish classes starting and IIRC I had to do something to do involving my (or my teacher's, as she later told me) grandmother, but since I forgot something, she got really disappointed and after that I lost track...
And then I woke up, disappointed sorely.

Then I had a series of short, but still somewhat related dreams, all of which involved me, my friend, trains and young children. (in one particular dream two girls were sitting with us and were all kinds of annoying, as you would expect 7 year olds to be)

My mind is trolling me, big time.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 22, 2014, 03:54:05 pm »

Oh, lemme tell you about my brain fucking me up.

So, I'm in a metro train earl-aye in the mornin', and I'm feeling pretty sleepy - in that brain-damaged way you get when you consistently don't get enough sleep - like, dozing off and having waking dreams.
I have a seat to myself, and it's warm and comfy. So I fall asleep with my eyes half-open, and for some reason dream that I'm taking a hot bath with soap and everything. At the same time, I'm aware I'm on a metro train.
Somehow, the two realities intersect, and for a single terrifying moment I'm convinced that I'm naked and covered in soap on a public metro train.
I yelp and leap half a meter up, nearly giving myself a heart attack. The other people are all like "WTF you pothead stop smoking pot we hate you".

Explain yourself, brain.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:34 pm »

I was browsing the internets and suddenly I saw this:
*snip*

And got all kinds of happy. (and went to change my Steam username to "DF2014 BYATCHES"
Then I realized I was still at school (which was weird enough on its own) and my maths teacher was standing in front of me, since it was apparently Polish classes starting and IIRC I had to do something to do involving my (or my teacher's, as she later told me) grandmother, but since I forgot something, she got really disappointed and after that I lost track...
And then I woke up, disappointed sorely.

Then I had a series of short, but still somewhat related dreams, all of which involved me, my friend, trains and young children. (in one particular dream two girls were sitting with us and were all kinds of annoying, as you would expect 7 year olds to be)

My mind is trolling me, big time.
It took me a minute to remember what thread i was in. I was about to scream like a little girl before i remembered the context.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 22, 2014, 05:42:39 pm »

It took me a minute to remember what thread i was in. I was about to scream like a little girl before i remembered the context.
SAME HERE.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 22, 2014, 08:04:59 pm »

Oh, lemme tell you about my brain fucking me up.

So, I'm in a metro train earl-aye in the mornin', and I'm feeling pretty sleepy - in that brain-damaged way you get when you consistently don't get enough sleep - like, dozing off and having waking dreams.
I have a seat to myself, and it's warm and comfy. So I fall asleep with my eyes half-open, and for some reason dream that I'm taking a hot bath with soap and everything. At the same time, I'm aware I'm on a metro train.
Somehow, the two realities intersect, and for a single terrifying moment I'm convinced that I'm naked and covered in soap on a public metro train.
I yelp and leap half a meter up, nearly giving myself a heart attack. The other people are all like "WTF you pothead stop smoking pot we hate you".

Explain yourself, brain.

Hahahahaha that's awesome. xD
I've had moments somewhat like that, but never quite so dramatic- usually they just involve me realising I've dozed off in public and waking up with a start. Can't remember any dreams I've had in such situations, sadly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 22, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »

SAME HERE.
'Xactly what happened to me.

I'm sorry, folks.
Believe you me when I say that I screamed like a girl in that dream (could even feel my heart beating harder, lol)

You know you really want something to come out when you start to get dreams about it.
Now watch as Toady releases it on that very day.

I think I also remember seeing a glimpse of a devlog about a hotfix/minor release, but no details on that one.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1299 on: January 23, 2014, 01:23:16 am »

You know you really want something to come out when you start to get dreams about it.
Well then. According to that, maybe I need to get out more often again. I'll wait until the weather improves before I look around, or at least hit up my siblings for some assistance.

On the plus side, for Christmas, I got a custom-made surfboard. So that's a good start.

EDIT:
Actually, maybe I just need to get over myself and my past failures with the ladies. Unlike most people, at least I attempted all those times, instead of not approaching and regretting being in the dark the whole time; so maybe my list of failures shouldn't be looked at as me being a failure with the ladies, but rather, me being pretty gorram persistent (and arrogant as it sounds, the ladies I was hitting on not having a sense of taste where quality is concerned in regards to dating; their loss.), and having actually worked up the balls to go through with it that many times (mind you, I'm the paranoid-cautious type that doesn't normally do this, and I did it several times; and unlike most people's expectations, I seeked companionship/player-2/partner-in-crime, not a one-night stand/fuck-buddy); funny enough, one of the ladies of my dreams mentioned something along those lines while I was dancing with them, which was needless to say, enlightening. Screw going to a therapist, my dreams rock as a form of therapy. Tells me both what I need AND what I want to hear.

All in all, I got most of my good advice this way, and I feel like a different person, or more like my classic childhood self again (aka- Nostalgia Mode: Spiritual Edition, where it seems at the very core of my being, I'm my old old old OLD self, which is ironically, extremely childish, but in a fun way, not in a non-functioning member of society way, AKA- Man-child. It's more like my inner child is one with my core personality again.). Back in a day where I was care free, and life didn't show it's ugly side all the time. Oddly enough, since I've taken this direction in spiritual evolution (again), my days have unusually taken a turn for the better nowadays, and I've been noticing myself being happier more frequently. I want to learn more about, and behind, this so I can maintain and replicate this effect, and even teach others how to do it as well, because it has motivated me to add to my New Year's Resolution: Be Happy. Simply, just that. My happiness takes higher priority than everything else (but know where to draw the line as to not inconvenience everyone else, or minimize interference with important Real Life stuff where it could cause more harm than good).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:32:45 am by Itnetlolor »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 23, 2014, 09:01:35 am »

Had a dream. Was driving somewhere with my dad, and we were arguing how nuclear weapons wouldn't be used on the country,...for whatever reason. Dream logic.

Conveniently enough, that's when there was a giant explosion and a mushroom cloud could be seen on the horizon. We were all like "Oh shiiiiieeeeet." and then there were even more nuclear explosions going off all around us. We were surrounded by nukes. No words can describe my thoughts at that moment, except maybe "We are so screwed" multiplied by infinity. Oh, and this was on Christmas morning apparently.

This being a dream, we were not torn apart from the collision of all the different shockwaves from all the different nukes, we just drove home immediately. Physics, what physics?

Shit's escalating quickly. There's panic everywhere, there's storms and flooding and more nukes going off all around the country, the internet has been restricted for emergency use only. Family is panicking and getting a boat for living on due to all the crazy flooding going on. Last scene I remember is that I was watching youtube videos like nothing was wrong.

During a nuclear apocalypse, I was wasting time on the internet. That was rather anticlimactic. Then I woke up.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1301 on: January 23, 2014, 09:35:05 am »

Did you see any Terminators or Skynet drones or anything of the sort in the aftermath?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 23, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »

Nah, just flooding and explosions and stuff.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 23, 2014, 05:25:13 pm »

This morning I woke up terrified for my life after dreaming that I spontaneously started coughing up blood and nobody would help in any way. That one took a while to shake off.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1304 on: January 24, 2014, 02:59:44 am »

Pro tip: don't read David Wong books right before bed. Dreams involving spiders. Oh, so many spiders. One of them bit me and terrible things started to happen. I threw my cat at it to try to kill it and he just played with it for a minute then got bored and wandered off, leaving me alone in the room with it. And there was a whole nest which had apparently been right behind my bed all along, so I woke up with that icky feeling of "oh my god am I being watched by the spiders right now?"
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 339