Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567275 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1320 on: February 17, 2014, 12:08:52 pm »

So apparently...
Today I had a dream about me playing something that was supposedly a really old version of Minecraft (probably for nostalgia's sake), when they've (apparently) introduced a new type of grass, which somehow was a ground-breaking (hah!) change. Unsure how.

Anyway, I was in a sort of canyon at night, and the view distance was extremely tiny. Smaller than the current in-game minimum, but later on I've switched it to be a bit bigger. It was still pretty damn dark though, and the way I remember it, torches were bugged to the point where they didn't actually provide any lighting when placed, despite the fact I was placing them all over the damn thing. You would expect that kind of bugs to happen in what seemed like alpha, though.

I also remember visiting the wiki, which stated that the world height has evolved from 1, 2, 3, 4 blocks to an infinite amount, with an appropriate .gif of a flat world with a hole in it....

It was weird. And I haven't even played Minecraft in...
Ages?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 17, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

Today I had a dream in which I went on a tourist trip with my parents to Yugoslavia (?). Apparently I was in Belgrade, exploring some abandoned houses in a decrepit residential area that was heavily damaged by American air raids in 1999. The city didn't looked like the real one at all and featured giant skyscrapers that looked like skyscrapers built in New York before the First World War.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:30:54 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:37 pm »

I had a dream where it was made illegal for US citizens to own military surplus regardless of age of the equipment or citizen. All i want in the world is to collect old military items or military items from different countries so it was horrifying to me. There was another storyline but i only remember the part where that was made illegal thanks to Sen. Ronald Mcdonald (yes, really).
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 21, 2014, 05:49:40 am »

I had a dream where the milk was out of date.
Then I woke up and checked the milk and it was actually out of date.

[ghostnoises]Woooooooooo~[/ghostnoises]

Sometimes I wish that I could remember better things in my sleep than the best-before dates of food items.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1324 on: February 21, 2014, 05:36:39 pm »

I've been getting more and more dreams lately of a recurring girl. Pretty much the same one as previous ones. In a sense, we were sharing experiences in the dreams (mostly of the games I've been playing lately (inMomentum, Super Laser Racer, and etc.), but in a more immersive level (as in, we were our characters). It was pretty fun, especially when the senses were active in the dreams as well. She was quite the competent player (and pretty challenging to compete against while at it), not to mention, had a knack for smack talk (kinda reminds me of The League, and how the girl of the group took to Fantasy Football (and the absurd levels of vulgarity) like a duck to water). Kinda made me feel like a kid again. Oddly enough, that level of childishness is what was most appealing to her. Chidlish qualities: like enjoying life and playing games, and having fun being the main priority. In a sense, my inner-child being expressed (despite being a full-grown adult) is what was valued.

Funny enough, for games with more players, other recurring characters from other dreams (especially my alternate reality I reference in the art thread) join in the fray. So now I'm racing against what would amount to my crew (which this one seems to be a part of), and a couple dream girls from other realms added in as filler competition (not as good as the legion of badasses I'm up against) in games like Super Laser Racer, in Tron (Legacy) immersion levels (with the scenery to match, which needless to say, my imagination rocks at replications/mimicry of all things that exist and don't; sometimes, including death (did a test suicide before, just to explore the option being turned off. Fortunately, I respawn instead of waking up, but it doesn't change the fact that dying fucking hurts. BTW, being de-rezzed hurts like hell. Imagine being cubed by the finest blades around as you are turned into voxels which also crumble on the floor when they land. Yeah... it does hurt like hell.), and other games like Need For Speed, Burnout, Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance (space battles), Crimson Skies, Unreal Tournament... The list goes on.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:52:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 22, 2014, 02:19:23 am »

I had a dream where the milk was out of date.
Then I woke up and checked the milk and it was actually out of date.

[ghostnoises]Woooooooooo~[/ghostnoises]

Same shit here.

[ghostnoises]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/ghostnoises]
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 27, 2014, 10:37:47 am »

Had a dream that my big box electronics store started selling lingerie. Of course, despite employing a handful of women ( including the store's manager), I was the only employee qualified to sell it, including measurements, custom fitting, and tailoring. I know nothing about lingerie in real life. WTF, brain?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 27, 2014, 01:26:49 pm »

Had a dream that my big box electronics store started selling lingerie. Of course, despite employing a handful of women ( including the store's manager), I was the only employee qualified to sell it, including measurements, custom fitting, and tailoring. I know nothing about lingerie in real life. WTF, brain?
Was it a good dream or a nightmare? Or surprisingly boring despite being about women's underwear?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 28, 2014, 04:41:32 pm »

Was it a good dream or a nightmare? Or surprisingly boring despite being about women's underwear?
Surprisingly boring. I was, after all, at work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 01, 2014, 12:22:49 am »

I was apparently going to have a party with my friends and older brother (who isn't even in the U.S. and won't be back for a long while.) However one of my friends somehow angered the Chinese government and assassins were trying to kill us while we got stuff.

At one point while driving to the store with my brother i noticed two women on a Motorcycle trying to shine a laser pointer in my brother's eyes and make him crash, they noticed i saw them and drove off before i could shoot them with the gun i apparently had. When we got to the store we saw them again, but they failed to notice us so we grabbed the unstable explosives that were apparently in our truck and left that area.

I was then tasked with (illegally) buying alcohol for the party, since we aren't letting Chinese assassins stop our party. While buying them i also fell in love with the Self-checkout, because apparently i can speak to and see human looking avatars of electronics and machinery. So using the fake ID that i apparently took from a vampire i killed earlier (So much shit getting pulled from nowhere) i illegally bought beer and left despite wanting to stay with the self-checkout. Then i woke up, confused over all of this shit that never got explained. Brain, please have some sort of lead up or explanation to these things.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:24:40 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1330 on: March 01, 2014, 03:38:41 am »

I had a dream that Microsoft was trying to pull some sort of GFWL again, only it being even more obnoxious, like, Facebook/Google-invading-your-privacy-because-WE-know-YOU-need-us obnoxious.

Then I was awoken by IRL sound of dogs barking outside.
Apparently even the animals are sick of the shit that goes down in the human world, even if it is just a dream.

Before that I had a strange combination of hillbillies, sex and apparently a Blair Witch Project + Ringu hybrid/rip-off. Let us rather not talk about that.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 02, 2014, 08:28:23 am »

and we had to play slot machines constantly to eat cake or we'd die.
What.

Anyways, so I just woke up from a pretty shitty dream. It started out normal, if not a bit dull. There was some girl who was relying on my sister to drive her home after school. She lived in a location that I remembered how to get to in real life. The only problem was, for whatever reason I didn't have my drivers license, and somehow I barely knew how to operate the car. So I start driving, and I start to get better at driving, and then we drive for much longer than it should have taken and make several stops along the way, then I drop her off and leave. No weird incidents, no being pulled over by police, no car crashes. The only thing weird that happened was people kept on insisting that we were in a relationship, which bothered me much more than we should have.

So then I have nothing to do, and all of a sudden I end up at some sort of big party or event, probably a festival of some kind. I remembered that I went there because I wanted to make new friends. I start wandering around, and then I see some people from school in a tent of some sort. I go in and start trying to talk to them, but they just look at me strangely and then leave. I keep on wandering around, and after a bit, I realize that every time I try to talk to people, I seemingly somehow ruin the conversation for them, and they walk away. Eventually I get very depressed, because it no one wants to talk to me, and I can't leave the event until it's over for some reason, so I start sitting in a corner and looking distraught. I still have a small bit of hope that someone will see me and come over to ask what's wrong, but even the people that do see me just look away and keep on walking. Eventually, the event ends and I wake up upon leaving.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 02, 2014, 10:03:28 am »

Joey Chestnut organized a celebrity hot dog eating contest, and for some reason, I was a participant. While at the table, Suzanne Somers would not stop talking ridiculous smack talk to everyone. Howard Stern bitched about everything. Kobayashi inspected everyone with contempt.

The contest begins. Kobayashi stars screaming at full volume right in my face, and slapping hotdogs out of my hands. I push him away, and he comes at me, swinging hotdogs, slapping me in the face with them. I meekly jab him with my left hand, and he explodes in a shower of ketchup, mustard, and hotdog pieces. Suzanne Somers begins beating me with a giant hotdog. I cover up, and the entire crowd, and all the other competitors join in, beating me with hotdogs of all kinds. I'm still eating. Everyone explodes into hotdogs. Millions of them. Hotdogs everywhere.

Everything is hotdogs. I am alone in a post apocalyptic city, eating hotdogs forever.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:05:09 am by MaximumZero »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:02 am »

I had one where my parents dragged me off to the city(that's NYC) because two (married) relatives had died. One of the oddest things about that was one of the relatives was an actual demon. In fact, I was sitting in the hotel room bored, so I turned on the news and it was a report on how Hell itself opened up to reclaim the body. Mind you, I am pretty sure that relative was the one that married into the family, but, knowing my family, I can't be 100% on that.

I also remember I was pissed because I had a bunch of laundry to do, had brought it with my, but no money to go to a laundromat, and really pissed because someone had tossed the bags down to the bottom of a stairwell in the hotel.

I think the demon relative is from one of my relatives having recently been married to someone of some Middle Eastern ethnicity, though I'm not sure what. Immediately, my family was calling him a traitor to the family, traitor to America, that sort of thing, and saying that she was only marrying him to stay in the country and taking advantage of the recent death of his mother(I think). I did say I wasn't 100% on whether or not the demon was the one that married into the family.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »

The one I just had was an odd game of SS13.

It detailed the days before everyone got on the shuttle to the station, in which the dead of the previous round were cloned, the traitors were reeducated, and the survivors debriefed.
The antagonist was the Operator (not in actual game).

The person playing Slenderman targeted all the males first and left their corpses in plain sight wherever large groups of people resided.
This left my character (Hyacinthe Bisset, the irritated, easily-confused chemist-chef from the independent state of Alsace-Lorraine with the dyed-dark-red hair and excessively bright cyan eyes) still alive.

The captain and head engineer were deciding on the layout of the ship while the rest usually stayed in one-room apartments in a similar style to the average Dwarf Fortress.
There was a couch, a TV, a window, and a door, and that was it in a 2x3 to 3x3 tile carpeted room.

Soon word got out that some unfamiliar entity was abducting and murdering people, so the HE had all of his soon-to-be underlings go out and install window blinds on all the windows of the apartments and leave a thick blanket on the couches for sleeping under, which was a really crappy protection from him.

Eventually, next to none of the men were still alive, the last non-head remaining being a child (not in actual game).
He was killed while everyone else was trying to alleviate stress by loitering around in one corner of the maintenance shafts of the WIP-ship.
His corpse was dropped into the area of the maintenance shaft everyone was in and now all of the survivors were pissed off.

This one woman, an engineer I believe, was masterful at getting the others to agree with her rage and follow her.
The dream ended with a mob of mechanics, medical staff, a janitor, and a chef rampaging through the under-construction ship and converging on Slenderman.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 339