Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512708 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1140 on: September 18, 2013, 02:26:47 am »

I dreamed that I was trying to get the pirated PC version of Grand Theft Auto V to work properly. Its language periodically reset to French and it could run only on low graphic settings, but it was still awesome.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 24, 2013, 02:09:42 pm »

I dreamed that I woke up too late and started panicking, then it skipped forward to me driving a beat-up Lexus (and I do remember that it was a Lexus) on a very curvy freeway, then I had to swerve to avoid a bunch of women (and they were all women) walking across the middle of this freeway for some reason, and then I stopped in the left turn lane (which there was one of on the freeway, for some reason), before getting rear-ended by a van. At this point I woke up, relieved to discover I was neither dead inside a crumpled Lexus nor late for anything.

Not as weird as some dreams, but worth noting that this is the first dream I've been capable of remembering once I woke up for a long time.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2013, 02:18:59 pm »

I had a dream about the spambotpocalypse. I still lived in my current house but apparently Bay 12 was one of the last surviving places and the spambots had somehow gotten into the real world. They had mostly been contained but going outside at night was not safe and could end up getting you killed.

Most of the dream was spent on bay 12 but then at night my dog needed to go outside and then when i took her outside she started barking at another dog which caused me to start panicking because i knew she was going to attract the spambots. I then woke up while trying to pull my dog back inside.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2013, 04:13:48 pm »

I had a dream about the spambotpocalypse. I still lived in my current house but apparently Bay 12 was one of the last surviving places and the spambots had somehow gotten into the real world. They had mostly been contained but going outside at night was not safe and could end up getting you killed.

Most of the dream was spent on bay 12 but then at night my dog needed to go outside and then when i took her outside she started barking at another dog which caused me to start panicking because i knew she was going to attract the spambots. I then woke up while trying to pull my dog back inside.
What dream? Don't you remember the Apocalypse Resolution Thread? We fixed it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2013, 05:01:27 pm »

I had a really weird dream a few days ago. In it, this guy who I used to know, but hadn't seen for like 5 years showed up at my house. He said he found this really cool video game. He showed it to me, and it looked like some bizarre hybrid of Pac-Man and Mario 64. He gave me the game and then just left for no reason. He left the game with me, so I decided to play it. The game would constantly switch between first-person and 3rd-person views for some reason. My character (who looked sort of like a green version of QBert) spawned in the middle of a forest. Something seemed sort of off about the forest, but I couldn't tell what. I wandered through the forest, and found what looked like a robot. I talked to the robot, and it said something about going on a camping trip. Then, the robot ran off into a cave. I decided to follow it, and found a weird looking plant. The plant looked sort of like a large apple with a bunch of tiny trees glued on to it. Then, the game changed from 3D into 2D, an my character was teleported to a desert. I headed to the right, and a bunch of birds came flying at me. Before they could touch me, I phased through the floor. I ended up in some underground room, and heard a loud noise. Then, the dream ended.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 26, 2013, 06:59:55 am »

Had a dream where me and a couple friends were going to the top of some tower thingy. Don't remember the context, I don't even think there was context.

Anyway, at the top of this tower there's an open window, and on the window sill there's these four lizards, slightly smaller than the size of your hand, all just chillin' like villains. We see them and start walking over to look at them, because lizards are cool.

they see us coming and fly out the window with their magical skin-flap wings which we couldn't see before. three of the lizards fly out just fine, but the last one flies smack into the wall instead of out the window. I pick the lizard up with my left hand, fearing the worse. Still holding him, I stick my hand out the window with the hope the lizard will fly out just fine and without further assistance.

The lizard snaps out his stunlock or whatever, realizes a human is holding him, and this prick then bites my hand. Not a little tickling bite. A freakin' "crocodile clamps onto your midriff, locks its jaw, and begins its trademark roll of death" style bite. It hurts quite a bit. My hand freezes up and I lose all feeling in my left hand aside from extreme pain because there's a bloody lizard nomming it.

So I start crazily shaking my hand in an effort to dislodge the biter and send him hurtling out the window. Everyone is yelling at this point. Lizard McBitey the Australian Flying Minicroc just bites my hand with his teeny little steel jaws of death even harder.

I woke up with no feeling in my left hand except for pain and an afterimage of the winged-lizard which ended up looking more and more like a rabid bat-lizard-dragon thing as the dream went on. I was lying on my back with my left hand resting on my chest, no way I could've slept on it funny and cause a loss of circulation. Was an interesting experience.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1146 on: September 28, 2013, 01:03:52 pm »

I recently had a strange dream, but then again, I had also been under the influence of a couple things before sleeping anyway.

Anyhow, I just had another one of those "Same life, different world/time/universe" kind of dreams last night, but somewhere down the line, the strange part, that is (my standards are a tad... odd), apparently one character (as far as I can describe, let's just say she was an 11, and not just on the outside, but she also had a very awesome personality to go with it too. Really friendly; like someone I would want to introduce to, and have hang out and BS with my family.) during all the universe shifts wasn't changing with them, similar to how I tend to keep a constant form between 'verses as well, and gave me a message that made me feel very good. It was basically somewhere along the lines of "I'm near (or "I'm here"), come look for me." said in a way that was breaking the fourth wall, as if she was talking directly to me; or more like flirting with me. How it was implied was like she was saying that she was in town, and wanted me to find or approach her if I come across her.

Funny enough, how she looked and behaved sounded very similar to a person one of my siblings also saw me being with in a dream as well (they tend to get some pretty trippy dreams that sometimes are like premonitions and such). Kinda gives me hope that this dream holds water, and such a person really does exist, and that message was legit. Problem is, where do I look first? Then again, getting a message from a dream like that, and considering the limitations of Real Life, it would be silly to actually go looking.

EDIT:
Only other thing that could actually back this whole thing up is that she's been a recurring character in some of my more recent dreams (different outfits, same personality and looks. Really hard to miss, even in dense crowds.). Who knows? If it's all real, and everything was legit, and we hit it off, this would be a hell of a "How we first met" kind of story to tell the kids in the future. But in the meantime, I'm taking caution, and not risking being put into an asylum or jail, just because some hot/cute chick told me to look for her (in Real Life) through my dreams. I know Reality enough to know it's not THAT kind. So, as usual, my BS detector is set to full, and I'll just go through life as normal. If it happens, it happens, if not, then not. Of course, if it does happen, I gotta ensure it's real before going through with anything. Like I said, last thing I want to be regarded as is insane, in a bad, mentally/spiritually compromised, way.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:22:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 01, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »

I had a terrifying dream last night. I don't remember all the details anymore, but the basic story is clear in my mind.

In my dream I was busy using my computer, and I believe I was downloading some program. Once it was done, I opened it up and all I got was a strange, Windows 7-y looking dialog box with a simple message and quite a few buttons along the bottom of box, none of which would seem to close it.

Thinking this was obviously a virus of some kind, and feeling very worried about the fact, I went over to htop to try to kill the program before it had a chance to do anything (because nothing would happen until I pressed one of those dialog buttons, clearly). But when I opened htop, it simply displayed a message where all the processes should be, telling me that I couldn't kill the stupid program. The virus had already begun its infestation.

I was panicked and turning off the computer manually when I woke up in the middle of the night.

See, I use Linux, so the idea of actually getting some sort of virus Windows style is horrifying. Funny enough, I woke up this morning realizing that the sore throat I had developed last night was actually because I now have a cold. Maybe my dream was telling me I'm sick, and it's not just a scratchy throat that was going to be gone by morning :) .
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 07, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

We're not supposed to talk about it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 07, 2013, 12:10:06 am »

We're not supposed to talk about it.
I know that this is my thread and all, but could someone tell me what this is? I haven't read it in ...  a year or so.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 07, 2013, 01:00:18 am »

I had forgotten this thread existed. Either way i had a dream.

I was infiltrating some type of enemy base, and by infiltrating i mean there were alarms going off everywhere i was gunless and there were many soldiers (don't know who's soldiers) attempting to kill me. While running through the hallways attempting to escape i ended up running into some blond German girl wearing an eyepatch and a WW2 Fallschirmjäger (German Paratroops) uniform. She yelled at me and tried to grab me, which i dodged because I'm awesome. Then she started yelling things to the effect of "fucking stop him idiots!" while shooting at me with an FG-42. I ducked into a room, locked the door and grabbed a pistol that was sitting on a dresser. Now here's where my brain started screwing me over, i grabbed an ammo pouch with two magazines and attached it to my belt but then when i went to get the magazines they had disappeared. There were 2 doors in the room and since one door had a German girl who, attractive or otherwise, wanted to kill me pounding on it i went through the other door and ended up in a room that seemed mostly empty. Then a fucking tiger came out of nowhere. It wasn't attempting to kill me but it was backing me in a corner so i began using my 1, 2, 3, trick to try and wake up.

I have no idea if i did, i remember sitting up in my bed but i don't remember ever actually waking up, either way it's not over yet.

So after my attempted awakening i had a scene change. I still had my pistol, and still didn't have a single damn bullet but now i was in a swamp. I decided that the only way i could go was through the swamp so i started wading my way through until it eventually got too deep and i had to start swimming. At this point a fucking shark came out of nowhere. I began attempting 1, 2 ,3, again and tried to punch the shark in the nose but i couldn't actually see anything and my hand ended up going right in it's mouth. It chomped down and the pain finally woke me up with a very uncomfortable right hand.

Because of this dream i only got 3 hours of sleep last night because i couldn't get back to sleep for varying reasons. But really now what the hell brain? Why couldn't we have focused on the attractive German girl instead?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:02:48 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 07, 2013, 08:04:41 am »

Had one of those trippy non-linear dreams that make little sense.

It involved a tesseract. One of the most confusing parts of the dream was not the simple act of trying to figure out what the heck was going on in my dream, but trying to figure out how a 4-dimensional object is supposed to look in a 3d dream, and why the heck it was there in the first place.

In retrospect I'm a bit disappointed at the appalling lack of Tesseract songs playing in the background of my dream. I'd think anything involving a tesseract would make me think of Tesseract: The Band. Apparently my subconscious disagrees.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1152 on: October 07, 2013, 12:35:03 pm »

Basically think of an inside-out environment you can carry in your hands (depending on the size of it; however you're supposed to tell it's actual size, that is). At least in one dream I had to roll a tesseract die in a gambling game of some sort. It was weird as hell to watch roll.

Think of it like rolling a D6, but it had well over 600 faces to it, but still rolled like one; and not every side looked the same every tumble. Not to mention, the numbers were inside the cube, not outside, despite feeling 6 sides to it. It's hard to tell what's inside and what's outside the die, since there's an outside to the outside, that is also perceived as inside (or was it vice-versa?).

Spoiler: Sample (click to show/hide)

At least, the hyper-D6 I rolled had no *outer* overlappings when it rolled, rather the numbers flickered into different iterations every bounce. Including when it stopped rolling, numbers had to settle into place, since the rest of the sides had to settle into place on their planes of existence as well. Oh yeah, and after it stopped rolling, you can still hear it rolling until it has completely and truly settled down. Have fun fixing these dice.

EDIT:
Looking back, although it wasn't too good of a movie, Cube 2: Hypercube comes to mind as an odd, yet interesting, movie to watch.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:54:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 08, 2013, 03:46:54 pm »

Just woke up a bit ago, decided to hunt this thread down and post before I forget/embellish too much detail:

I wake up, lying curled on my side in the corner of the foot end of my bed. I have a bath running in the bath room. I get up, carrying my laptop and walk in to check on the bath to find it is filling to the brim with water. Hastily turning in it off, I decide I need to check the temperature. I do so by dipping my laptop lightly into the water, not submerged, just the bottom.

It suddenly occurs this might be a bad idea, for me and the laptop, and was apparently so confused at there being no shock that I decided to submerge it. Still nothing.

Shrugging, I take my laptop back through to my room and place it on the bed. Realizing (again) that wet laptop = BAD, I try to dry it off and call down stairs to my mum to request she check on it every so often while I'm in the bath, to make sure it doesn't accidentally set off an electrical fire and kill us all.

Before I get a response, I shift my attention to the forums. I refresh the threads http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131821.msg4668597#msg4668597 (no new posts.) and http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131828.msg4669498#msg4669498, where I had gotten a response.

Before I got to read much of it, I woke up, and was promptly told I had missed the show I had wanted to watch (Doctor Who: "Lets kill Hitler", the only one I wanted to watch that wasn't in the doctor who marathon of episodes about river song I had watched months ago), but it had been set to record the following mornings replay. I was also told a bath had been run for me. Realising that the forum post I read was fake, I checked it again, found a response that was much less ambiguous as what little I had read in the dream. And that's that.
If I learned anything at all, it's that I'm suicidally stupid in my dreams.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:54:43 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 08, 2013, 10:23:23 pm »

I had this dream shortly after I fell asleep last night. The... "premise" was completely unlike anything else I ever remember having.

The dream begins with me getting up in the morning. The first thing I notice as I turn my head to the left is that it's very dark inside and outside. The second thing that comes to my mind is that my window is now on the wrong side of the room (being on the left instead of the right).
However, I can see rather silver-ish shimmers of light in the mirror and other reflective objects I have in my house. I don't remember how, but somehow I realize that I'm both completely colorblind and that my eyes are very insensitive to light. Within the dream, I come to the conclusion that it is therefore day, so I walk out of bed and into the kitchen of my house and speak with my dead grandfather, who I've never met in person and only ever seen shoulders up in pictures. I stay standing up talk to him for what seems like a very long while.

During the talk we 'discuss' a variety of subjects (of which my peculiar blindness seems to be). I don't know if he ever answered my questions or not, but eventually I decide to leave the house use my laptop. My laptop is outside and resting on the large intricate wooden dining table that I had thrown away years ago. This, however, does not surprise me (as seems fair course for dreams) and I sit down to use it.

The next thing I remember is being separated from my own body and watching myself use my laptop from almost a third person PoV. I, the disembodied person, remember remarking to my separated body several times to "turn the brightness up, I can't see anything," but my old body ignores this remark and continues to use the computer of its own accord. After several similar remarks, my old body hands me a map of what appears to be a small continent in the rough shape of South America (except shorter and more roundish). My new self holds and stares at this picture for several moments before its vision is restored. I remember nothing of the dream after this point, except myself profusely thanking my old body, which responds similar to how my grandfather did.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 339