Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567383 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1155 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:08 am »

I had a dream about the spambotpocalypse. I still lived in my current house but apparently Bay 12 was one of the last surviving places and the spambots had somehow gotten into the real world. They had mostly been contained but going outside at night was not safe and could end up getting you killed.

Most of the dream was spent on bay 12 but then at night my dog needed to go outside and then when i took her outside she started barking at another dog which caused me to start panicking because i knew she was going to attract the spambots. I then woke up while trying to pull my dog back inside.
What dream? Don't you remember the Apocalypse Resolution Thread? We fixed it.
We're not supposed to talk about it.
I know that this is my thread and all, but could someone tell me what this is? I haven't read it in ...  a year or so.
Dude, are you asleep when Toady accidentally opened a portal to the internet dimension?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 09, 2013, 03:41:47 pm »

The next thing I remember is being separated from my own body and watching myself use my laptop from almost a third person PoV. I, the disembodied person, remember remarking to my separated body several times to "turn the brightness up, I can't see anything," but my old body ignores this remark and continues to use the computer of its own accord.
Is that unusual for you? Because a huge majority of my dreams take place in a third person PoV.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:00 pm »

I had a really weird dream.
I was in a roguelike, except the catch was that each floor was a Belgian village and it did not have signs.
It was pretty fun going to the last level and winning, then hoping I'd have enough food for the trip back to my hometown.
Walking around in dream-Belgium was pretty fun, too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 10, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »

I dreamed that my department was swarmed by giant ticks that were accidentally unleashed by my boss in a fuckup.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 11, 2013, 11:44:55 am »

I had a dream where I found that my older sister had thrown a bunch of garbage into my laundry bag. I don't know why.

Interperetaion: Is she going to suddenly dump a bunch of shit on my life?

The next thing I remember is being separated from my own body and watching myself use my laptop from almost a third person PoV. I, the disembodied person, remember remarking to my separated body several times to "turn the brightness up, I can't see anything," but my old body ignores this remark and continues to use the computer of its own accord.
Is that unusual for you? Because a huge majority of my dreams take place in a third person PoV.
Sounds like remote viewing. Or out-of-body experience. Or that something bodyjacked you and was trying to pirate stuff in your body on your computer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 11, 2013, 03:30:30 pm »

[...]
each floor was a Belgian village and it did not have signs.
It was pretty fun going to the last level and winning, then hoping I'd have enough food for the trip back to my hometown.
[...]

How exactly did you win in a Belgian village?
I had a dream where I found that my older sister had thrown a bunch of garbage into my laundry bag. I don't know why.

Interperetaion: Is she going to suddenly dump a bunch of shit on my life?

Sounds like remote viewing. Or out-of-body experience. Or that something bodyjacked you and was trying to pirate stuff in your body on your computer.
I do sleep within 2 feet of my laptop every night. It's possible that aliens have hijacked my computer and are using it to obtain information during my sleep.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 16, 2013, 07:04:53 am »

Dreamt I was in a strange hospital (odd things happened, which I don't remember much of), my right hand had a very green coloration and had lumps all over the place, and I had this weird tingling all over my arm.. A nurse had just punctured the skin with a needle when I woke up.
As it turns out, I slept on my arm.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:51:19 pm by Ultimuh »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 16, 2013, 10:36:19 pm »

From my dream journal:

Dream where me and a bunch of people i didn't recognise but knew they were 'friends' were getting married for some reason
I was paired with this cute little brown haired girl who looked like an amalgam of several girls i know in real life, and dream me had known her for some time apparently.
We finished the weird, cursory marriage, I picked up my stuff, and we made out for a while before her mum picked us up in their 4WD.
She didn't want to lose her virginity while waiting outside (I was all "Well that'd be weird anyway") so we went to her house
it looked like a big house on Old Coach Road, I was awestruck

Then we went to see some horses and a kid playing with them, then we went back to her house
She said 'do you want to move in with me', and the only reason i considered it (despite the fact dream me was married and in love) was because it was close to the train station for uni.

Poor quality writing because I wrote this down literally ten seconds after I woke up.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 17, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

I dreamed that I was playing a top-down RTS style game, but controlling pikmin.

It was awesome.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 17, 2013, 09:19:10 am »

Had a dream that I was playing a forum on here and I was laughing my butt off at one of the turns the GM posted.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 17, 2013, 09:27:53 am »

Had a dream.

I remember me working on one of the short stories I've been using to procrastinate updating something on Fimfiction and then...

I went to bed.

Yeah my dreams are boring. Dunno why. Maybe I'm just a boring person :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 17, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »

Had a four-part dream on tuesday night.
The first part had some social stuff between my (dream, I do not have a roommate IRL) roommate and I (that I forget), before as I'm walking in the night monsters attack me! Then my roommate slays them, turns out to be Jesus, and just floats in a ray of light into heaven. Then it turns out this was the final in a series of movies we've been shooting.

The second through fifth parts are all related.

In the second part, I am a child alien hiding in a hotel room, with some sort of guard dog-beast. I'm aware that I'm alone and that the humans want to kill me, so I hide, but I see multiple possible endings in which I am found out and the guardbeast goes ballistic on them.

In the third part, there is a press conference between world leaders, corporate officials, press, and lead scientists (I am one of these scientists) where some aliens are speaking. They start to go on about how they have far superior technology and they are taking this planet over and it's their new vacation home. We're obviously unamused, and act this way, so the aliens get pissed and declare that they're going to break the Earth apart and suck out the oceans, then they leave. Everyone's blood is obviously running cold, so I stand up and start an inspirational speech about how we should just nuke the aliens.

The fourth part is just flashes for me, but I remember the countries doing just that and engaging in a war with the aliens, eventually nuking them into utter oblivion, with the help of ALL the nuclear powers. Including France, who helped quite a bit! And North Korea, but I could sense that all the other countries were just all laughing at it.

The fifth part I'm finally me, and it's after the war. Destruction HAS been dealt by the aliens, though the world has been saved. Me and my grandmother are traveling across some area with burnt alien wreckage, and she states that she wants to go to San Fran. But I must inform her that San Fran is gone :c

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 19, 2013, 03:35:29 am »

My dream felt like some crazy japanese visual novel.

First I was at some desert with some people digging up some kind of wooden ark. The ark was supposedly holding seven jewels that would make us powerful, invicible and immortal, but something went wrong and we broke up as a group.

But then I found a chest and lo, there's Crown Jewel (it had a label) and I took it for myself.

After that I had to teleport back home because Guardian of Light tried to steal my Crown Jewel for his master. That prompted me to steal a car and ride to some guarded arabic country in the middle of the Poland (isn't that obvious?) After meetign this pink-haired girl whom I defended from potential rape by two random youths, we went inside the theatre where, dun dun dun, there was Guardian of Light with his invisible glass walls and his master (very short kid) and his two lady henchmen.

There we almost lost the Crown Jewel and Desert Pearl who was in possession of the pink-haired girl, sewn into her panties for some reason (?). She exchanged some insults with Hilda, who was one of those with whom I was digging up the ark earlier in the dream. THe little guy in charge of the 'evil team' now had three magical jewels because Hilda brought him one.

I've decided I had enough of this set-up so I ran behind the scene's curtains, punched the Guardian of Light so hard that he dissappeared and this way the glass walls exploded so I and the desert girl could run away to safety. We used my car for that, and we managed to run away back to my home.

At home, after a card duel with Guardian of the Light - who is quite a nice guy, just works for wrong team - I've decided to find the sixth and seven jewels (because for some reason, I knew there are 7 jewels), and to manage that GoL transported us into some Atlantean-looking ruins in some watery caves. One of Kid Shorty's girls, Mela, was already there, and my pink-haired companion from mini-desert city battled her, whilst I tried to claw away at a chest that contained the sixth mysterious jewel.

Unfortunately I woke up then.

PS: I vaguely remember some sort of office, army people and sneaking through factory, that might've happened before the ark I guess v:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:37:39 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 23, 2013, 07:19:10 pm »

Had a dream. Holy donut holes, Captain Obvious!

I was in school, I guess, but it was different in dream ways, because dreams are completely inaccurate on stuff. So, there was a desk there that people were saying was evil or something; said it froze people to the chair, burned them, and shapeshifted into different creepy styles of seats at different intervals. The desk was in the room our class was in, on the second floor. Brilliant place to store it.

so, being the badass rebel I am, I sit in the desk. There's no burning or being unable to get out or anything. Instead I get a nightmare vision of a parallel dimension. Everything's monochrome gray, everyone's a screaming alien that looks like the screaming dude in the painting The Scream that are also gray but with lots of spines and fins, your average alien vision consists of a super shaky camera with wavering spiderweb lines that serve little purpose apart from terribly obscuring your vision, the usual alien world stuff. Also, everyone is dying in horrible, loud, messy ways. During the vision I realize I am definitely seeing into another, parallel dimension where there's an eldritch horror that hunts all the screaming-alien people that live there. By sitting in the chair, I had somehow released the invisible hunting horror into the classroom. And it wanted to gobble my insides.

I scream yell "It's in the classroom!" before bursting from my chair and running out of the room. Everyone starts screaming and desks start smashing apart and flying everywhere as the unseeable horror starts roaring in an eldritch alien tongue. Knowing that the thing would come after me first, I decide to throw myself off the second floor to a hopefully quick death rather than be eaten by the thing that should not be. I woke up after jumping over the balcony.

So yeah, I accidentally released an unstoppable, unseeable, bloodthirsty monster into our world and started its rampage smack in a cramped room full of high school students after deliberately sitting in an SCP chair. Rather than run away to distract the monster as it comes after me, I'd rather kill myself quickly and leave everyone else to meet their horrible fate. Quite the hero I am, brain. GG.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1169 on: October 23, 2013, 08:28:36 pm »

Been having dreams about killing myself =P

I have no real plans to do so, but it's getting disturbing.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 339