Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567407 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1125 on: September 11, 2013, 06:14:52 am »

Just had a dream where a giant baby was attacking some city I was in (not a real city, mind you). It's many hundreds of feet tall and easily dwarfs the skyscrapers, and seems unphased by the tanks and helicopters firing at it. Spent a bunch of time running and hiding from it, at one point hiding in a gas station. It comes and pulls the roof off and eats everyone except me and My dad. I had myself pinned up next to the ceiling in an unrevealed corner; I'm not sure how my dad managed to avoid it. Eventually, we settled down in what had to be the largest department store ever. Above ground, it was sort of "meh", but apparently had a large network of underground tunnels and bunkers. At this point, I notice there isn't just one baby, and it's actually closer to a dozen or more. My sense of dread grows. All the other survivors are either panicking or not giving a shit. One of the babies finds us, but I befriend it and convince it to keep the other babies away and not eat us. At least, I hoped I did. I mean, it's a baby after all and could just as easily turn on us, wander off, or just forget. I hid in Dr. Farnsworth's panic room in the deepest part of the underground, but it's probably not going to be enough. Then I woke up.

No, I have not seen Attack on Titan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 14, 2013, 11:45:08 am »

I had a dream where I was in an argument with the girl I have a crush on. It didn't end well.

If only I could remember what we were arguing about in the dream, then I could know what to unconditionally agree with her about later on.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 14, 2013, 01:13:13 pm »

I dreamed there was some kind of natural disaster or something going on, since there were tons of people, myself included, staying at a building resembling my high school. I say resembling because it wasn't extremely exact, the design kept changing because dream logic.

Anyway, it was raining a ton outside. Basically rivers pouring down. light flooding outside, the works for a natural disaster thing.

Everybody was crowded together and being loud and obnoxious for such a serious life-or-death situation. So, being the social butterfly I am, I walk off alone. I walk into this other room where I find one of the doors open to the outside, and this random guy sitting there looking out the door with a sad, hopeless expression on his face. I take pity and ask what's wrong. He tells me how his mom went out to get supplies or something and hadn't returned for an hour. He couldn't contact her, and he was afraid she had been "taken".

I convince Sad-Dude to close the door, otherwise what could've grabbed his mom could get inside and get everyone else too. Apparently it was not just a hurricane or flood or some normal natural disaster like that, but it involved monsters that were single-mindedly hunting down everybody, and no one was safe; the best were doing by hiding out where we were was buying more time. Dream logic.

I woke up before any monsters attacked or anything, but the impending dread of "something" eventually abducting me was pretty unnerving.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 14, 2013, 01:43:40 pm »

A few days ago, I had a dream inspired such questions as "can you see in color in your dreams?"

I was semi-lucid long enough for me to test kinesthesis. I decided that yes, I do have the ability to have kinesthesis in my dreams. I'm now up to always yes for hearing and for color vision (I seem to dream in lower resolution than I have in real-life. I don't remember how that works, just that I noticed it. I have no memories of uncolored dreams), and sometimes yes to all other standard senses but smell (untested).

You can tell I am an exciting person if all I can think to do with my lucid dreams is basic testing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 14, 2013, 09:38:01 pm »

Just woke up from the first dream that I can remember actually scaring me in a long time.

Can't remember the earlier part of the dream, but for some reason myself and a decent-sized group of others (friends? Co-workers? Classmates?) were part of this large military camp in some foreign country.
Not sure quite what we were doing there, we certainly weren't soldiers. I believe at least part of the camp was an official army, but then again I'm not sure. All I remember was that myself and the others I spoke to were pretty, well, clueless. (Could be that we were just people who were caught up in a war, or perhaps we were reporters or similar. Or maybe we were military, but that doesn't make much sense.)

I was called on to instruct people on the use of guns at a makeshift firing range, since at some stage of the proceedings I'd managed to acquire a dinky little handgun and, despite the group's general incompetence, had made sure not to lose it along the way. (Around here I asked some heavily-built, teacherly woman if we had any rifles left- apparently we'd found some M16s at some point- but sadly we did not. As far as we knew, we didn't have much need for them, anyway.)

I was quite amused by this, since I barely knew how to use the thing myself. I walked up to this rag-tag bunch waiting for me, laughing, and started to describe the gun. I told them it was called a "[SOMETHING] glock", gave a brief explanation, then pointed out the trigger, the grip, "that thingy" and the fire mode switch.

Interestingly enough, whilst my conscious mind didn't know what a glock actually looked like, a quick google search tells me my subconscious was bang on the money. :o Unfortunately I can't remember the other word of its name, which was stamped on the side.

After I'd described the fire modes briefly and joked around for a bit, I stepped up to the range to fire some rounds.
I don't think I got off any shots, though, before it happened- this sudden, huge noise and we all looked up to the sky to see a(at least one) plane coming towards us. They seemed to be dropping bombs on the area where the enemy apparently was in, so we were rejoicing for a moment- but then it became apparent that they weren't stopping.

There was a panic as this rain of cylindrical, torpedo-like bombs fell straight towards us, landing all over the camp with big orange explosions.
A guy I was with- some sort of authority figure in the group? or maybe just another friend?- was frozen in place, watching a few bombs about to land right on our location. I tried to shake him to run, but it was too late anyway so I just looked up to stare as well.
Somehow, the bombs didn't land on us (they bounced or something equally stupid), so then we ran, up through the chaos of the camp as whoever was bombing us came back for more- clearly this wasn't some friendly fire thing, as we now realised. There was a lower bunch of tents to one edge of the camp that got pretty much annihilated, I saw one bomb falling towards me and just barely managed to leap out of the way as we moved onto the main avenue of the camp.

We met up with a few of the others towards the middle of the camp, all equally panicked as the next bomb could easily obliterate us. We had a brief, rushed conversation on what to do- there was nowhere to run to, really, we needed to get shelter- and then I said, "The containers!" We turned to this stack of (small?) shipping containers to one side of the path, and the leader-ish guy saw an open one and led us to it, jumping up and hunkering down at the back of it.

There were a few windows in it, and as I made a nervous joke along the lines of "I sure hope these things are as bomb-proof as they are in videogames", we looked out and tried to make sense of what was going on. Now there was a stream of balaclava-clad, heavily armed people moving through a part of our camp not currently being bombed and gunning people down with terrifying efficiency.
My first assumption was that they were 'Russians', aiding whoever our enemies were for some reason.
But anyway, we all lay down out of sight beneath the windows, me still clutching my glock, and hoped they were just doing some sort of quick strike. As opposed to systematically searching the entire camp.

Then I woke up. I tell you, that dream was actually quite scary in parts. I don't generally get affected that way by my dreams anymore, but just looking up, seeing inexplicable bombs falling down onto our little camp... that was quite frightening. And hiding at the end from some unknown, ruthless enemy, hoping they weren't going to find us... eep!

Entertaining stuff, though. :D Wish I could remember more. Also it is rather interesting how my subconscious knew what a 'glock' looked like.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 14, 2013, 11:23:13 pm »

I had a dream about a massage chair. That was pretty much it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 15, 2013, 04:45:55 am »

Who would have thought that a dream that began with a fist fight against a tiger would culminate in a giant mecha sniper battle in the zombie apocalypse.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 15, 2013, 04:58:54 am »

i had a dream where there was some dorm of zombie apocalypse but afterwards it wasn't a huge deal (maby like an earthquake in another country or somthing that didn't happen to you.) anyway a few weeks or months later in the dream their was another Zombie apocalyps and this time i got to drive an ambulance in my house and then round the block but i krpt ending up at a large hardware store also there was a flood 

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 15, 2013, 08:31:15 am »

I had a dream that was a combination of a prison break film and a zombie apocalypse. I was one of the prisoners. It was pretty cool.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 17, 2013, 01:51:56 am »

Slept through the day, had some cool dreams. I don't remember much about any of them, but they make for interesting snapshots.

One centred around three young girls who had special/magical abilities and were charged with protecting the world/area by some sort of greater power. I can't remember exactly what they were protecting things from in general, but there was some rival trio of young girls, apparently in charge of a different area, and the two groups came into conflict.
I think they both answered to the same authority, and couldn't just fight openly, but the second group were far more sneaky and manipulative. Also sentient cats were involved at some point? I think maybe one of them was a cat, who knows.
I wish I could remember more of it, with the second group trying to trick either their boss or some other hero into casting a fireball on a cat, but my memory's way too fuzzy.

The next scene I remember, possibly much later in the same dream, I was in a city.
There was some huge drama going on, big upheavals and what-not, and the entire populace was waiting on some important decision by the powers-that-be, hoping for a positive answer. The answer was broadcast somehow at last, with the powers deciding against whatever proposal it was, and the streets filled with unhappy people crying out their displeasure.
Literally crying, in fact- things got a bit surreal, with tears just flooding the streets, pouring from tall, monolithic buildings either side of the small lanes I was in, everything blurred by tears as though in a thunderstorm. The streets were packed, as in, people jostling each other to move packed. I was shoving my way through all these countless people, many of them crying, and I bumped into my penny-pinching brother, who lived somewhere in this city and was apparently on his way back from one of his regular discount-hunting expeditions. He was carrying a pack of canned drinks and some other items, and I jokingly asked him if he'd bought any bottled tears. He said no, and I suggested perhaps now would be a good time to buy up.
Then we went our separate ways and I can't remember any more of that. Weird.
The moment with tears pouring down everywhere like rain was quite surreal. :o

The last dream-snippet I can remember, perhaps the most coherent(I can't remember, it may have been attached to the earlier dreams), involved myself, my mother and some girl- possibly a distant real life relative of mine, or possibly one of the "magical girls" from the first dream- looking at a house that my mother planned to buy/rent.

I think she might have already bought or rented it, but whatever the case she was very set on moving in there.
I was looking around through the rooms, quite impressed with it. It was an amazing house, very nice-looking if somewhat spooky... it had a Gothic kind of vibe to it, the sort of house you'd expect to be haunted.
I was just about finished looking about, overall quite pleased with it, but something was bothering me, nagging at me. Eventually I realised that it was a smell, just the faintest hint of some unpleasant smell. So I followed my nose, searching, catching the occasional whiff of it as I went through the house, and became convinced that it was the smell of decay.

Getting quite creeped out, wondering just what the previous occupants had done here, I kept searching, and eventually found myself in a bedroom at the front of the house. It was fairly well-lit through a frontal window, I believe there was some sort of built-in wardrobe/cupboard on one side of the room(not unlike my old room IRL, now that I think of it), but the thing I was interested in was a discreet trapdoor that I just barely noticed amidst the floorboards.

Feeling apprehensive, I reached down and opened it, revealing the end of some sort of object concealed within an open grain sack. It seemed to be the source of the rotten smell. I didn't have time to investigate further, as there was a furious scrabbling from within the bag. I shuffled back quickly, but not quickly enough- suddenly dozens, hordes of mice started leaping up out of the bag and charging towards me, past me, brushing against me as they ran out into the house.
I didn't dare to move lest I stood on one, and I do believe I screamed in fright. It wasn't so much the mice I was afraid of, but whatever they'd been eating in that bag...

As the bulk of them passed me (they were heading towards where my companions were in the house, no doubt they panicked) I quickly hustled outside and turned to look back in. And then either I woke up or my recollection of the dream ends.
Thinking about it, that dream is quite relevant to my current situation- my mother is searching for a house to move to, and recently discovered a few rental properties said to be haunted. (Which sounds totally awesome to me, just saying.)
Weird.
Booze is Life for Yoink

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 17, 2013, 08:01:39 pm »

I once had a dream were I fell off the bed, and got back in it. Then I woke up, and fell asleep again. Had another dream were I fell off the bed. Then woke up again, and went to sleep again. Then I woke up, and I was on the floor, so I asked my wife how many times I fell out of bed, and she said I only fell once.

What the frell, brain? You trying to tell me something?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:32 pm »

It's like you saw into the future... weird. :P

I dreamed I was playing pool with Will Smith while taking shots of rum and getting really messed up. Afterwards we drove over to a Chinese food place but I don't remember what we ordered.

I've actually had that exact same dream before except last time I hit someone with the car while driving out of the Chinese place, so overall this time it was better.

Also I'm terrible at pool in real life but in the dream I was doing really well.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 17, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »

I've had dreams like that quite a bit when I was younger, where what I saw is what happened later on, I once saw through an entire day in middle school, and won a bet with my friend because of it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 17, 2013, 10:52:51 pm »

I dreamed I was playing pool with Will Smith while taking shots of rum and getting really messed up. Afterwards we drove over to a Chinese food place but I don't remember what we ordered.

I've actually had that exact same dream before except last time I hit someone with the car while driving out of the Chinese place, so overall this time it was better.

Also I'm terrible at pool in real life but in the dream I was doing really well.
You only thought you were doing well because you were drunk.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 17, 2013, 11:01:08 pm »

Nonono, drunkenness improves pool skills. Dramatically. I have seen this.
Someone at a club/bar/whatever asked me to make their shot for them. I declared that I wasn't drunk enough, and grabbed the drunkest guy in the place and gave him the pool cue. He could barely stand up, but he sunk two balls in a row to raucous cheering. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 339