Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86283 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:25 pm »

Tiruin for reasons I've stated earlier.

Fuck, man. Being a math major is time consuming.
Try EECS  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:12 pm »

I love how the two of you changed the vote... technically, after day end.  Will be keeping a close eye on both of you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:01 pm »

the fuk? i was voting tir yday too. pfp.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »

Jim: I'd guess it is. How else would we go about it?

Toaster: What are you going on about? ZU was already on Tir and Jim got what he wanted (Skele lynch).

DS, Shake: There, we've lynched the damned skele. Who are you going to vote now?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »

Hapah: I don't know if votes even work at this stage, but if by "vote" you mean, who'll hold the skull then Tiruin because volunteer and all that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:56 pm »

Bandwagon more DS

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2012, 09:59:23 pm »

I was gonna vote Dariush but now I'm voting Deathsword for rampant indifference to who gets lynched and an obvious bandwagon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:49 pm »

Holy shit I can't fucking read

Org because he hasn't done a thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2012, 11:23:01 pm »

PPE: Accursed power supply.

Deathsword
, ZU, Jim.

Ok...

So first of all, those who are real insistent on the skeleton jump on me for whatever reason they can fathom all because my character expressed a possibility that he would be using the skeleton without seeing the whole thing (perhaps mistake on my part but nobody asked until near-day-end so...explanation far below.)

Followed by the interest on wanting to see what happens when the skeleton gets lynched then voting someone else who has just forwarded an indication. Meaning, you'd all go for the 'volunteer' instead of those perceived as scummy.

Re-reading the thread, all of you shifted 'suspicion' on me after I said my statement on the skeleton. Basis: Useless questioning.

Disregarding my role, all I'm doing is trying to find what the hell is going on with the skeleton, the bastardliness of this game and what is meant by judgement as well as scumhunting along the way. Regardless, it doesn't seem any of you three care.

Others seem hell-bent on getting the volunteer to take on the skeleton (now confirmed to be used because they lynched it) instead of who seems scummier.

Jim: You've missed a hell lot of questions directed to you, by the way.

Tiruin Go Go Skullplacer
Oh look, for one so concerned with the skeleton, you finally give in to my idea about getting someone that is alive! How quaint.

Could you give reasons behind this or are you just following up on your 'Tiruin is stupid, questions are useless' case?

Nextly, why are you not volunteering despite me stating that I am volunteering? You've said all that crap about the skeleton for the whole day, drawing up much speculation on it yet you didn't even dare to volunteer beforehand or state otherwise (y'know, before I did).

the fuk? i was voting tir yday too. pfp.
Yeah, on a weird concept for being scum. Useless questions?

You didn't even specify which ones they were, stating a general idea. Did you bother to read what I was asking? After failing to prove how (in your first post to me) I was 'deflecting', you shift to a vague reason.

And what factual reasons, exactly? Why is my questioning singled out of the rest, and seen as useless. Explain how those questions do not help. Give your own damn thoughts because I'm pretty tired of asking you to specify which ones.

Hapah: I don't know if votes even work at this stage, but if by "vote" you mean, who'll hold the skull then Tiruin because volunteer and all that.

If I can facepalm any more, I'd say you're an idiot. But that would be rude of me.

So you're aiming to fix the other dependent variable in this game other than finding scum? Mhmm, very nice of you Mr. Townie.

What do you exactly see with the skeleton. THinking it from your probable viewpoint, I'm guessing you think it'll be used as a weapon or some other bastardly thing? Could you explain how other than evade all my questions?

I did volunteer, but as an aside, I also stated reluctance.
So, do you formally volunteer? Assuming Skeleton has majority votes, will you or will you not step forward and use the skeleton to activate the Orb, regardless of who has second-most votes? Please answer clearly.
Also, just because I volunteered (IC, you can see the contradiction in the same sentence) is why you want me, exactly, to test it out while you fervently go after vote > Skeleton? Second-in-line-for-votes seems to be the one to manipulate the skeleton.
What do you mean "IC?" Like, you're wasting time roleplaying being willing to deliver the skeleton when you're actually not, or you're lying to the statue about it, or what?

What I said:
Hey everyone, I'll try moving that skeleton if nobody wants to...But hell, I don't want to use that thing on D1. Seems like a waste of our vote.

which now, from reading it again looks like I didn't forward my point exactly. I WILL volunteer, but only if things end up going in circles about the skeleton and no discernible scummy target is seen. Discernible in the sense that things are based on gut-feelings and emotions rather than logical scumhunting instead.

Seeing the last part of my 'IC' post (NOTE: Know that all IC = In-character statements are no different from when I'm speaking as a Mafia player), I said "Seems like a waste of our vote." That one was because I would prefer seeing scumbags to test it out rather than do it myself in a nebulous situation where

Spoiler: My path of logic (click to show/hide)

@Irony: I won't lie to a statue who is picky about answering my questions, or lie at all.

But now to the part we've been all waiting for. I am not volunteering for using that skeleton because spoiler ^. It all comes to me as "Hey, you volunteered, you take the risk." especially when the only thing that was chased for the whole day (and I admit, to my greatest confusion) was that damned bunch of bones! It is most likely only a ploy!

Personal Request: Can anyone state why they find me being derpy or stupid in my reasoning? I am not being stupid intentionally...Just wondering why is it feasible to jump at the deviating variable instead of finding scum?

There is a skeleton, and it is lynched with backing ideas as to why that particular sort of skeleton should be lynched...

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:09 pm »

IronyOwl:
I was gonna vote Dariush but now I'm voting Deathsword for rampant indifference to who gets lynched and an obvious bandwagon.
While I don't disagree with Deathsword's indifference and deserved noose, I find your statement very suspicious: you bandwagon on him by accusing him of doing the same. This is not the first time you have done this: way back when I started pressing Deathsword and asked you to become more involved, you posted this:

Deathsword:
Why are you so lazy? You have no suspicions and no intention of scumhunting, and your only contributions are a verbatim parrot of someone else's already answered questions and suggesting whoever we lynch should use the skeleton. Did you completely miss Bookthras' answers (both times), or were they unsatisfactory in some way? Did you know you were asking exactly what someone else asked at the time?

Also, doesn't it seem extremely lazy and passive to vote for "whoever we decide as scum should use the skeleton" rather than, you know, an actual target?
This is an almost word-for-word parroting of precisely the arguments I had just used against him, and you used it to accuse him of parroting almost word-for-word an argument used earlier. At the time, I noticed it but thought it was coincidence - after all, you did press others and made original arguments/whatnot against them. But twice? against the same guy? I find an innocent coincidence to be less likely.

I'm not sure you're scum, but neither am I positive about Deathsword, and I think these hypocrisies may have a hidden meaning, like a lyncher or some bastarditude going on. Let's see you, IronyOwl, pick up that skull instead.

Regarding Tiruin, I find his volunteering, if honest, incompatible with his being scum... I can't see a scum doing that voluntarily; then again, a fake volunteer offer would be a useful feint for an actual scum, so I repeat my earlier question to him:
Tiruin:
I did volunteer, but as an aside, I also stated reluctance.
So, do you formally volunteer? Assuming Skeleton has majority votes, will you or will you not step forward and use the skeleton to activate the Orb, regardless of who has second-most votes? Please answer clearly.
If he does indeed volunteer, then he's not scum, votes on him are immaterial or wrongheaded, and I hope he survives (is survival a possibility? we don't know). If he tries to wriggle out of it, though, then yeah, he's scum.

PPE: Oh yeah, you are scum. Tiruin. (But I'd still like to see IronyOwl respond to the above)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2012, 11:35:40 pm »

PPE: Oh yeah, you are scum. Tiruin. (But I'd still like to see IronyOwl respond to the above)
Because I retracted my volunteer you shift on that? Or because my scumminess depends on if I'd back up my answer or if I'd go all martyr?

I know my alignment, I know my role and I've stated why.

So, why this, Bookthras?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2012, 11:54:18 pm »

Because you retracted the volunteering thing, yes. Saying shit like "I did volunteer, but reluctantly" and stuff like that sound very much like a scum screen. Plus you were near the top of my list anyway (after Deathsword), but I couldn't reconcile you volunteering and being scum at the same time. Then you removed that obstacle.

Deathsword is scummier, but I may be misreading newb-tells as scum-tells, so I'm less certain. IronyOwl's thing mentioned above really seemed suspicious, but in reality it's too late to investigate in detail and it's not a full case. That leaves you, and that "oh no, I take back the core of what I said the whole day". That's pretty bad, yes.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2012, 12:07:44 am »

The statue does not respond...or does not mind being voted!
Bah. Unvote! At least the skeleton can be voted.

Hey, statue thing! Or Mod, when someone gets lynched, they have to pass an orb trial or something that involves them orbs, aye?
Also, I'm staring at the door or covering that blocks our entrance. What do I see, yo?
Somehow, I think dat skeleton acts like a...safe-lynch? The only no-lynch we'll be having this game because of the details on it...
Hey everyone, I'm gonna poke that skeleton. Mmmk? Tell me if you don't want to.
Also, I'm checking myself for pockets. What do I see? Also, does the skeleton have a femur? I like femurs...Umm, why did this skeleton die alone here? There must be others inside or...he was a lone explorer-type?

To continue Toaster's question: Meph: Will there be full roleflips?
((Ok, done fooling around with the RP  :P All questions asked there are serious though, cept' for the thigh bone.
Also, may be busy in the next few hours. Midterms are wrapping up and I'll be free then!))
...Do we need to eat or drink here?

zombie urist: You are that skeleton, are you not?  :o
Nevertheless, to what degree of suspicion does the presence of that NPC present to you?
Jim: Woohoo! We've an NPC!
Anyway,
Dariush: Uhh, we didn't die from anything yet. Also, nothing looks threatening enough here but those orbs in context. And the fact that this place is a grave and has high bacterial content...and I forgot my antiseptic...
Nevertheless, why ask Bookthras about the state of his cranium? Also, from a logical standpoint, why aren't you testing out any variable that would be relevant to our case currently? The statue seemed like a good idea, Jim saw something there and voted Skeleton, we have something new.
And, your survivor thing...why the specific wording?
Here are some things I find useless. The one asking about full roleflips is useless because Toaster basically asked the same thing.

Why the other posts are deflection: basically it reads like hey don't look at me, why aren't you bothering Org instead?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2012, 12:11:05 am »

Tiruin:
Personal Request: Can anyone state why they find me being derpy or stupid in my reasoning? I am not being stupid intentionally...Just wondering why is it feasible to jump at the deviating variable instead of finding scum?

There is a skeleton, and it is lynched with backing ideas as to why that particular sort of skeleton should be lynched...
Well, the last sentence of this section is a good example. I have no idea what you're trying to say. "It is lynched with backing ideas as to why that particular sort of skeleton should be lynched?" Huh? Sounds like a badly translated spambot.

More generally, you're rambling and irrelevant with alarming frequency.

Bookthras:
While I don't disagree with Deathsword's indifference and deserved noose, I find your statement very suspicious: you bandwagon on him by accusing him of doing the same. This is not the first time you have done this: way back when I started pressing Deathsword and asked you to become more involved, you posted this:
So you agree with what I have to say, but don't like it because I'm not the first one to do it?

Deathsword:
Why are you so lazy? You have no suspicions and no intention of scumhunting, and your only contributions are a verbatim parrot of someone else's already answered questions and suggesting whoever we lynch should use the skeleton. Did you completely miss Bookthras' answers (both times), or were they unsatisfactory in some way? Did you know you were asking exactly what someone else asked at the time?

Also, doesn't it seem extremely lazy and passive to vote for "whoever we decide as scum should use the skeleton" rather than, you know, an actual target?
This is an almost word-for-word parroting of precisely the arguments I had just used against him, and you used it to accuse him of parroting almost word-for-word an argument used earlier. At the time, I noticed it but thought it was coincidence - after all, you did press others and made original arguments/whatnot against them. But twice? against the same guy? I find an innocent coincidence to be less likely.
If it was word for word it'd be about eight or nine times as long, wouldn't it? I repeated some of the same complaints as you because they bothered me as well, yes, but I phrased them in my own way and with my own intentions. And to be blunt, I feel mine got answers out of him a lot better than yours did.

I'm not sure you're scum, but neither am I positive about Deathsword, and I think these hypocrisies may have a hidden meaning, like a lyncher or some bastarditude going on. Let's see you, IronyOwl, pick up that skull instead.
So I'm your second pick after Tiruin?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31