Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86324 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2012, 12:12:31 pm »

Quick post during lunch.

Toaster: Who said anything about teams? I assume that there is one, but I admittedly haven't had a chance to read the past bastard Meph games.

And I'll keep messing with the statue/skeleton as long as I think I can get information. My questions to the statue are being answered, at least.

I forgot that my vote cleared off DS when I voted my shoe. A tie between DS and the Skeleton isn't an issue, right?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2012, 12:18:49 pm »

Tiruin:
Tiruin:
SK Necromancers? What gave you that idea? And exactly why you chose necromancer in relation to a Serial Killer type?

Anyway, Toaster, so SKs can have a different role other than what is listed on the OP?

...Where are you seeing a list of SK roles?
There's an actual list somewhere? Link please. I'm just wondering how there is a necromancer as there is no role in the OP, then and now so I'm wondering on that point.

...How'd you conclude that I'm seeing a list of SK roles?

I'm going by your quote there at the top of the quote pyramid, where you ask if SKs can have different roles than the list.  The OP list is a list of town roles, so you can't be going by that.

Hapah:
Toaster: Who said anything about teams? I assume that there is one, but I admittedly haven't had a chance to read the past bastard Meph games.

It's a semi-bastard, not a full bastard.  The assumption that there is a scum team is a safe one.

Afraid that I called you out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2012, 01:50:02 pm »

ZU: Umm, why are you concerned about bandwagoning an NPC? Does it play a vital role for you or did you just mess up your wording there?
And on that note (speculation in advance, trying to think rationally here):
zombie urist:  A bandwagon?  On the skeleton?  Seriously? 
I think he wants to see someone alive getting lynched other than the skeleton-who-seems-to-do-absolutely-nothing-or-act-as-a-channeling rod type.
Are these the questions I missed? Anyways all bandwagoning is suspicious because it is lazy and doesn't provide any new content. Doesn't matter who it is on. I don't mind if the skeleton gets lynched, but I do think it won't do anything.

I don't really care about the flavor questions, but the fact remains that the other questions were useless. Based on your flavor questions, what are your current thoughts about the puzzle?

ZU:
pfp. "are you the skeleton?" pretty useless question to me. sk necromancer was in super3.
Is there an echo in here?
Huh?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

I'd like an extend as well.  RL has not been kind.

Also, I'm now a bit worried that the statue has apparently already judged the skeleton as unworthy ... but, at the same time, we can still vote for it ... 

Um.  Meph: Is the skeleton also a valid target for actions outside of voting as well?  Like, for a ... let me see the role list ... Warlock or Priest or anything else that interacts with the dead?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:10 pm »

Meph: Is the skeleton also a valid target for actions outside of voting as well?  Like, for a ... let me see the role list ... Warlock or Priest or anything else that interacts with the dead?

Roles that interact with the Dead may attempt to target the Skeleton.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2012, 06:34:07 pm »

extend. we should reconsider lynching the skeleton.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

The day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. There will be no more extensions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »

Toaster: Assumptions are dangerous things. I haven't read any of the past Meph bastards to know otherwise. Hell, Dar's BYOLoLC game doesn't have a NK, and it isn't even advertized as a bastard.

So the skeleton was already Judged and found Unworthy. I still don't think we should lynch it, but we'll just keep talking in circles, you could make a case either way.

Statue: How many have been Judged and found Worthy? Has anyone left this room before?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2012, 03:37:18 am »

I've been busy and haven't had time enough for a post. I don't expect this will clear up soon.

If I can slip a post in sometime I'll try. No promises though.

Fuck, man. Being a math major is time consuming.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2012, 11:18:56 am »

The Statue Speaks "Those who were Worthy were judged as such"
Come play Mafia with us!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2012, 02:10:04 pm »

Jim:
What the fuck is your point? I honestly don't know.

Can you tell me what that is so that I don't have to spend forever arguing with you in circles about nothing?
You want to lynch the skeleton because you think it might possibly do something worthwhile. I don't want to lynch the skeleton because I think it'll just lynch whoever's next in line.

I want Tiruin to do it. Coincidentally, it appears he volunteered. What say you to that? Mind you, Meph mentioned a volunteer could puppeteer the skeleton.
I say I don't like how derpy he's being but would still prefer we lynch whoever's scummiest and not whoever volunteers.

Tiruin:
Also, just because I volunteered (IC, you can see the contradiction in the same sentence) is why you want me, exactly, to test it out while you fervently go after vote > Skeleton? Second-in-line-for-votes seems to be the one to manipulate the skeleton.
What do you mean "IC?" Like, you're wasting time roleplaying being willing to deliver the skeleton when you're actually not, or you're lying to the statue about it, or what?

Dariush:
TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL TUNNEL
This looks like a reeeeeeally weak attempt at trying to get me off you, especially since you didn't answer the question except with "we're not sure."
bizarre, suspicious wording
Oh yes, I answered the question in exactly that way. You know why? Because we're not sure. Also, of course defending against your bullshittastic attacks counts as 'trying to get you off me'. Obviously. That was sarcasm.

Saying 'survivor' to depict living people is biza-a-arre, suspi-i-icious wording. 'kay, got that.

You aren't even trying to disguise the fact that you're shamelessly trying to tunnel me without any reason whatsoever, scum.
This whole thing is a giant deflection. You can tell because you're cherry-picking parts of the post to respond to by way of vague sarcasm, rather than actually addressing anything.

Answer the questions and respond to the points, jackass.

Deathsword:
Who should be lynched? As I said before, the fucking skeleton. Why? Because it's a dead guy and we can vote him. Now you are going to say I'm parroting again, but whatever. I do not know what'll happen to whomever handles the skeleton. The only way to find out is by doing it. Don't you want to find out? Or do you already know what'll happen? If you do, please do tell us.
Here's a tip: If you can't satisfactorily answer a question, and you're not doing anything to change it, it's not rhetorical.

In addition, I'd like to know why you want to lynch the skeleton over scum. That might overlap with your answer to my previous questions, but we can't really know until you answer them, can we?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2012, 02:19:23 pm »

((Apologies for lack of posting, week started earlier and busier than usual))

Tiruin:
I did volunteer, but as an aside, I also stated reluctance.
So, do you formally volunteer? Assuming Skeleton has majority votes, will you or will you not step forward and use the skeleton to activate the Orb, regardless of who has second-most votes? Please answer clearly.

Dariush:
Saying 'survivor' to depict living people is biza-a-arre, suspi-i-icious wording. 'kay, got that.
It certainly is: in a mafia game "survivor" is not someone who hasn't died yet, it's someone whose win condition is not to die later. Different, and your wording was ambiguous and therefore suspicious, yes? Questions for you: if you were a survivor (in alignment/wincon), would you claim it D1? If you were, would you be more or less likely to vote Skeleton instead of your scumpick? if you aren't, do you think there are survivors in this game? If so, who would be most likely to be it, in your opinion?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush
Dariush: IronyOwl
Deathsword: Bookthras, Tiruin
IronyOwl: Org
Org: Toaster
Tiruin: zombie urist
Skeleton: Deathsword, Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There will be no more Extensions this day.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2012, 07:11:11 pm »

The Statue Speaks "Judgement is upon us. You have chosen The Fallen to Activate the Orb. Very well. One of you must take his Skull and place it upon one of the Orbs."

"Decide Quickly, you have little time left."

You must now choose who shall use the Skeleton's skull. You have until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday to decide.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »

Tiruin Go Go Skullplacer

Is voting in red even the proper process for this?

This doesn't count as a significant post. Will make one when time permits.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31