Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11788 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:33 pm »

Resisting his urge to facepalm, Falken sighed before yelling orders to the team.
"Team, fall some paces back and regroup, now! We might face the onslaught of more creatures, stay sharp!"

"Jurial, you are a Warder,  you are supposed to use your wards and work for the team, not run into the darkness where the enemy has the upper hand! Set your wards now and prepare for the possibility of friendly fire!"

"And Lightkeeper Quara, status report, please."

That said, Falken's crimson eyes glinted mischievously for a moment as he aimed with his light pistol with practiced ease.

Thrice light pistol attack at the monster holding Jurial.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »

((Sorry.))
Eric glances around at the group, then lets out a low groan.
"Stay behind the sentries! Falken, reel them into the sentries range! Everyone else, stay defended!"
Eric loads the last weapon onto the sentry, and directs them to form a triangle around the group. Then, he feels around on the ground for stones to load the rock cannon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »

"Stay behind the sentries! Falken, reel them into the sentries range! Everyone else, stay defended!"
"The reel is for my weapons, Extractor." Falken answers with an amused look upon his face, as if asking himself if he really had heard something like that...Had Eric missed his classes? The demon most certainly hadn't, and was fully aware of what he should do and what was his part to play in the combat.

"Unless you are asking me to pierce them with my spear and bring them here, which is unlikely." he completed, as if trying to understand Eric's thought process.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 10:12:34 pm »

"The reel is for my weapons, Extractor." Falken answers with an amused look upon his face, as if asking himself if he really had heard something like that...Had Eric missed his classes? The demon most certainly hadn't, and was fully aware of what he should do and what was his part to play in the combat.

"Unless you are asking me to pierce them with my spear and bring them here, which is unlikely." he completed, as if trying to understand Eric's thought process.
Eric blunk a few times and shook his head. The combat must have been addling his brain. He looked back at Falken, with an equally amused look on his face.
"Whoops! Maybe I'm a little old for this, eh?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 10:24:48 pm »

"Whoops! Maybe I'm a little old for this, eh?"
"Keep up the good work and don't let them come closer." he answered with a smile.

"And, Lightkeeper Quara, please shine a light on the enemy." Falken said, turning to Quara.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2012, 10:01:23 am »

Ariel felt desperation growing inside her. If Falken and the rest would be falling behind, they had little time to go aid someone else -- especially give the circumstances that she lacked any light weapon.

Silently cursing to herself for incompetence, she decided to use another spear to get out of the tendril mess, ordering the lightcube to hover closer towards the tendrils. Then she aims to recover her spear, while ordering the lightcube to move ahead.

She could hear their cries and orders echoing through the caverns. It looked like they hit a big problem...

"Watch the ground! Tendrils!" she said. She was partly surprised by how light her own voice sounded. Perhaps it was due to the shape of the cavern...

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 10:06:50 pm »

Hey, I only picked this "Warder" because I get freakin' spears, dude. Those things are cool as hell.

Continue spearing! I don't even know what these ward-things do, but I know what spears do! And they STAB.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 10:13:23 pm »

((@Caerwyn...

Double parentheses for OOC, Quotation marks for dialogue...Thanks for that.))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 11:12:22 pm »

Does it really matter, though? I don't do the whole role-play thing, so anything I say that's not bolded is just me talking.

Plus, I have to copy-paste my left ) thing, because my 9 key is broken. See what a pain in the butt it is? Er, well, no, you probably didn't, but it is a pain in the butt. At least I know what they're called now. "Parentheses"...On that note, both my up, down and right arrow keys are gone. Dang laptops!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:57 am »

Falken 1,5,6->4 fires off three quick bolts in rapid succession. One seemingly warps around the being, the second hits square, and the third hits its eye again.

(3 + 3)*2 vs 4 / 2
= 10 damage
(1 + 3)*2*2 vs 4 / 2
= 12 damage

The bolts rip through the thing's body and makes it melt to the ground. Only the metallic "eye" shape is left, unmoving and staring at the "ceiling". Falken recalls that the stronger Dark creatures have the metallic eyes, and that they are worth quite a lot when redeemed at the headquarters of C.A.E.

Eric 6->6->6->4 realizes that throwing shadow bombs at Dark creatures isn't the best idea and instead attaches another Light pistol to the last sentry.

4 Eric looks down. The ground seemed to have been moving just a moment ago, but now it stands a sleek black mass, still and quiet.

Maybe he should actually drill for rocks, seeing that he has a drill, and sentries who could drill for him.

The sentries form a triangle. The light pistol equipped one fires into the dark and hits some creature, making a loud pop and a flash of light that streams from the wound of it.

Ariel 3 narrowly misses stabbing her own foot. The spear kinda passes through the tendrils with little resistance.

On another note, they start twining their way up Ariel's leg. Even though she orders the lightcube to dip lower, it doesn't stop the dark thingies.

Caerwyn ignores all admonitions to actually do what a Warder is supposed to do and prepares to stab the dark thing, except that it is killed by Falken's light pistol. It merges with the ground, and leaves behind its metallic "eye."

Also, Caerywn is still totally tied to the ground and stuff.

Joker runs off into the dark, and Parker's grey lightcube easily mirrors him. With a quick, economic movement, he tags a ten-legged spider with a dagger on a reel and spears another, then kicks in the carapace of a third. Parker's lightcube reveals about five of the things, four of who are now dead.

Quara remembers a thing her lightcubes can do: with one, she can immobilize vermin like the spiders, and with two or more, she can immobilize dark creatures. The better the cube, the better the bonus against resistance. Committing more cubes lets the bonuses stack: with three cubes when two can suffice, the dice is rolled one-and-one-half times, and the bonuses are added.

((Why this wasn't written in the OP: ToG just revealed it xD))

Current situation:
Caerywn (Jurial) is caught.
Falken has shot a dark creature to death, and its metallic eye is lain on the floor.
Ariel has lost one spear, and almost stabs herself with the other. She is also caught.
Joker is foot-to-face-ing spiders.
Parker is facepalming.
Quara is AFK.
Eric has set his sentries in a triangle.
The floor is a sleek black, and the light comes from three or so lightcubes that are turquoise, and one that is grey. The lighthouses also provide a dim light.

The party inventory is currently empty.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

With a wide grin plastered over his face, Falken shot thrice, finally taking down the dark creature.

"Warder, set yourself free before it may be too late, I'll try to help the girl." he shouted towards Jurial before turning back to the team, moving on to talking to Eric and Ariel.

"Extractor, keep the perimeter secure, I'll try to help Ariel. And girl, you better try to escape the situation you are in, and I'll try to help."

Use all moves to grab Ariel's by her torso and pull her free from the tendrils, shooting at them with the light pistol afterwards if there is still enough time.

If she somehow just frees herself or there are moves left after that, then shoot any incoming hostiles instead.

His feet a little far from the place the tendrils were sprouting, one of his arms wrapping around Ariel while his remaining one prepared the light pistol, he just hoped things wouldn't go wrong with his move, since there were enough opportunities for it to happen.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:59:04 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

"Got it."
Eric drills into the earth for stones, which he loads into his cannon. Fire away, covering Falken. The sentries, of course, continue protecting the group.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2012, 05:52:06 am »

* Skyrunner uses BUMP

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission, waiting for 3 actions
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2012, 09:02:25 am »

* Tiruin uses the-excuse-for-not-posting-being-RL.

Ariel squirmed in place to free herself from the tendrils, but found it to be of little use. They were up her leg now, and it was getting more than uncomfortable in her position.

The danger wasn't over in the areas nearby, and she wondered at the moment how many other things lurked in the darker regions of this place that could easily overpower her...

She could've cried for help, but it seemed everyone else was busy enough as it is. She wouldn't lose to a simple growth of...tendril!
Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:08:32 am by Tiruin »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission, waiting for 3 actions
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2012, 10:12:52 am »

Jurial will cut at this stupid stuff, and let himself free! Practice some spear-jabs, too.

Sorry I'm so late! Damn! DAMN AND BLAST!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16