Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11787 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Delvers — The First Mission, waiting for 3 actions
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2012, 08:05:04 am »

Ariel and Falken

2 Ariel squirms in Falken's arms, giving him a -1 to his attempt at freeing Ariel.

3-1 Falken's efforts don't help much. ._. It isn't helped by the fact that he can't get a good grip due to Ariel moving around.

3 Falken fires at the floor, but the tendrils aren't hit.

Eric 2 fails to start his drill up. 5 He tries again, and with a quiet hum, the drill is ignited. He quickly sets it against the ground, and it angrily and noisily chews the black floor, revealing good old rock blackish granite beneath. Eric never was so glad to see boring granite, but it feels like an old friend after all that black silky floor.

The rocks are routed automagically to his rock cannon. He now has 2 Rock Ammo(Granite).

The sentries spin around, rapidly scanning the cavern in an attempt to find bad guys before they find — and probably eat — Eric and his friends. They draw a negative.

Jurial cuts at the stupid stuff. 3 He realizes two very important facts. One, spears do not have a blade of much use, being more of the stabby-type of weapon. Two, the dark matter does not like being prodded awkwardly with a metal object. It starts creeping up Jurial's leg.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2012, 10:19:57 am »

Jurial will grab the nearest floaty-light-thingy and shove it in the creepy, dark matter! GYAAAAH!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whoops, heh-eh.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:46:49 pm by Caerwyn »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2012, 01:27:48 pm »

"Your squirming isn't helping me, you know? Team, keep a defensive formation, and can anyone try to free that Warder?"

Get a better grip on Ariel and free her then shoot at the tendrils twice, but only if she is freed beforehand.

If Ariel kept squirming while Falken tried to help her, he wouldn't take responsability for any incovenient occurrences that could take place if he tried to get a better hold on her body...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:25:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »

((Caerwyn keeps on forgetting to post his character sheeeeet~  :P))

Ariel nodded at her companions words, glad that someone was actually thinking about the other members of the group without any other motive.

In the meantime, she scanned the area using...whatever scope was available or that Railgun for any more Dark creatures while giving Falken free reign over pulling her out!

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »

((How does one order the sentries around?))
"I've got the warder! You just focus on helping her!"
Eric orders one of his light-pistol wielding sentries to follow him in freeing Jurial via application of weapons.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 06:57:36 pm »

SOrry i just realy cant think of an action
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2012, 10:05:40 pm »

SOrry i just realy cant think of an action

How about you aid me in my plan to overthrow our allies and become one with the darkness?

No?

That's fine too, I'll need plenty of food anyways.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2012, 08:37:34 am »

Jurial grabs the lightcube above his head and shoves it in the dark matter.

3 The lightcube bounces off and clatters to the floor, deactivated.

Uh-oh.

5 The dark matter doesn't move for a whlie.

Falken 5 grips Ariel and 4 rips her leg out of the mass, dealing 3 damage to Ariel in the process. He then snatches his pistol from the Reel next to him and squeezes off two bursts, 3,2 which don't hit any of the mass's thickest parts. Glancing shots seem to curve right around the writhing tendrils unnaturally.

Ariel doesn't have anything to scan the area with except for her two eyes. 2 Like earlier mentioned, the bright lightcubes and the dark cavern don't combine well for good spotting.

As the tendrils fall away from her leg, she feels... loss? For some reason. It's like ... like she expected to have a third hand but it's gone now.

Eric watches Falken pull Ariel out. He orders the sentry to fire at the mass. 5 It hits square-on, and the light sinks into the dark, causing a spectacular flash of more light and a horrid slurping sound as the dark is annihilated.

Quara can usually do things like "Scan area with [lightcube/sentry/searcheye]", or if she has free lightcubes "Shine light to [location]." She also can use one cube to immobilize vermin, and two or more to immobilize stronger creatures. However, since all of her cubes are in use, she might want to direct some of the teammates to stick together to free one for her use. Also, she watches Jurial deactivate a cube.

The Lightkeeper also is the de facto leader of a Delve team, seeing that she usually is one step away from the battle, and thus able to not be in the tunnel vision of combat. She also has all the eyes and ears (figurative) of the various floatstone artifacts the team has, unless they're actively being used.

The Lightkeeper is allowed to roll Insight as a skill roll to receive a piece of tactical information. However, the roll itself is secret, written as ?, as showing the roll will defeat the purpose.

Suddenly, the cavern is quiet. Except for Jurial still trying to beat up the mass attached to his leg, the sounds of inhuman things aren't audible anymore. Joker, the Reeler, scruffs his boot on the cavern floor; the black leather is splattered with spider goo. He grins and yanks a spear tossed at one of the spiders back, tugging the corpse along with it too, and shoes it off.

"Fun, eh?"

Parker says over the Lightcubes, "I don't think there are any more left of this wave of creatures. I advise you to keep your wits up and together, since the cave situation isn't as easy as it should be. Falken, if you want, you should pick up the metallic eye left over by the shadow monster and store it in the delvecart, since it's rather valuable, though I can't fathom why an eyed creature is here, of all places. Your mission of finding the floatstone chunk still holds."

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2012, 09:31:40 am »

With a strong pull, Falken finally frees Ariel without having any further problems...Except of course for the damage inflicted by the grasp of the darkness.
"Sorry about that, but the tendrils were gripping you tighly. And I'll go fetch that eye."

Pick the metallic eye and throw it in the delve cart. Then shoot at the brunt of the matter gripping Jurial twice.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2012, 09:47:53 am »

Ariel was shaken by the experience of being trapped by only the natural flora of the area, cursing her own incompetence that the Reeler had to save her from that. Silently thanking him, she proceeded to get her Banded Spear, mindful of how much she contributed to the safety of the party.

More than nothing.

Her pace hobbled thanks to the gashes sustained by the tendrils. Why couldn't she do anything important for once?

Examine the area for any veins of rock or ore, or any plant growth by moving my lightcube in an erratic manner.

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2012, 10:25:00 am »

Jurial will try and tame this dark substance! It can be friendly, he knows it to be so!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 01:20:11 pm »

Eric sighed heavily as he walked over to the deactivated lightcube. He tries to turn it back on, if he can. Scan the area for mineral deposits. If any are found, load up the sentry with a drill, and drill for it.

"Just tell me if you see anything. I've got the drill for it right here."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2012, 08:35:41 pm »

Falken picks up the metallic eye and opens the cart's storage area and chucks it in. It hits the inside of the storage area with light clang.

Falken levels his pistol and fires two shots at Jurial's grappler.
5,5 Both hit the mass exactly and drive it off.

Ariel goes to her spear and picks it up, finally.

1 She walks a short while along the wall, looking for veins of ore or plant growth, directing her lightcube in an erratic manner. It hits a wall and wobbles unsteadily.

She thinks she saw a glint over there in the darkness.

Jurial watches Falken kill the thing.

Yay?

Eric, though he usually can't turn the lightcube on, turns it on because of pure metaness due to Quara being slightly AFK.

He 1 doesn't see anything right now. Maybe he should use the sentries; they are better equipped to do this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »

After storing the eye and killing the dark creature, Falken keeps the light pistol in his hand just in case.
"Back to moving, slowly this time. Please move those lightcubes so we can have an idea on what is happening too."

Advance carefully.

>Yes?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

Jurial will wander along with the group again, and start whistling some tunes. He's a great whistler!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16