Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Delvers — The First Mission  (Read 11786 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2012, 09:40:10 pm »

Ariel ran over to Falken's side, still annoyed by the occasional pain in her leg.

"Hey Falken. Thanks for...earlier.

"And I think we should search over...there, something shines in the distance."

She pointed over to the location in where she saw the glint of light, and waits if Falken would agree. If not: She orders her lightcube in that direction, height = 7 feet from the ground.

Spoiler: Ariel Cerae (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »

Give one of the sentries the drill, and have that one scan for minerals. The other two will hover just around Eric and the group.

"Alright then people, let's go."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:29 am »

Falken 1 advances carefully. He spends a moment out of the light, but thankfully nothing happens. [D] lightcubes are sluggish and torpid. [C] ones are slightly less so, but still.

The cavern wall right in front of him has a snaking, thin line of silver among the speckled white rock.

Jurial 6->1 whistles a mighty fine tune. Whistle whistle whistle.

He thinks he heard rustling far off, echoing around the caverns, but it must be his mind.

Ire heads along a different vector from Falken. 3 She lets the lightcube shine light in that direction. The glint of light was from an abandoned piece of machinery lays desolately on the cavern floor. It is spiky with bare gears and other mechanical parts, and there is a small slot that could fit a floatstone shard.

Eric 4 Eric swaps the crossbowbolt caster with his drill, and has the railgun sentry scan the walls. Its red "eye" spins and focuses, and it starts drifting along the wall. The light pistol sentry floats above and outward, ready to return fire on any hostiles.

1 The mineral scanner is drawing a blank.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission, waiting for 3 actions
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2012, 11:07:29 am »

((Sorry, didn't realize you were talking to him.))
"Hey Falken. Thanks for...earlier.

"And I think we should search over...there, something shines in the distance."

Falken answered without shifting his gaze, looking around as the lights scanned the cave.
"Sure, it is not a problem at all. We are a team, so just be a little more careful from now on. And good job, we'll move towards that abandoned machine."

Advance towards the machinery and examine what is is exactly.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2012, 11:08:54 am »

Follow Falken, taking one of the sentries with. Have the drill one continue scanning.

"Alright then people, let's go."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:15 am »

Ire heads along a different vector from Falken. 3 She lets the lightcube shine light in that direction. The glint of light was from an abandoned piece of machinery lays desolately on the cavern floor. It is spiky with bare gears and other mechanical parts, and there is a small slot that could fit a floatstone shard.
((I love you too, Sky. But this is the 5th time you mix up my character's names!  :P :P :P

Also, new word. Torpid! That will go well with bucolic! Yay!))

Ariel ( :P) glanced back to where Falken's voice was heard, "Found something! Machinery...seems to have a container for a floatstone shard?

"Lightcube, go and check this out."

Lightcube > Erratically move in my current area on that machine.

Me > Try to get that machine, if not, examine it for any markings or more slots. Where does the floatstone one connect to?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:17 am »

Jurial will sit down for a rest. He's not very strong, you know!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2012, 12:18:41 pm »

((Question: Is anybody dead yet?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2012, 12:22:55 pm »

((Question: Is anybody dead yet?))
((I can kill you even thought you aren't here.  :P

Or we can let the NPC guides die for reasons unknown.

Currently, no.  :P))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2012, 12:30:27 pm »

((Damn. WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO DURABLE!?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2012, 08:52:43 pm »

Falken 2 has no idea what the thing does. It has a passing resemblance to the shield generator floating above his head right now, though.

3 Something fleshy and bestowed with claws bumps into his head, and falls to the ground. It has a body, four wings, and a spiked claw on each wingtip. It also is about as big as Falken's head.

Eric 4 The drill sentry pings success and starts biting into the rock.

Quara would have received information that the drill sentry detected "aligned silver", but since she is MIA Eric receives the information. From his training, he remembers that aligned silver is a silver that responds to magic pulses, and is used in many bits and pieces of advanced magitech.

3 He watches the bat-thing flutter to the ground. It might be just him, but there's a fluttering of many wings beating the air. He notices the sharp fangs the thing has.

Ariel 3 makes her lightcube shudder and shake while it fixes its light on the general area of the machine.

2 Arial picks up the machine, but something knocks it out of her hand and makes it fall to the ground. A sharp crack issues from the innards of it.

The thing wheels around with a flapping noise and bites Ariel,

2 + 2 vs 1 + 1
= no damage

...but it misses and flies past.

Jurial takes a break, sitting down. The damp floor of the cave soaks through his pants.
He hears a weird sound coming from the inner part of the cave.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2012, 08:58:24 pm »

Jurial will now head away from the sound, and make sure his meat shields FRIENDS are in-front of him.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:21:37 pm by Caerwyn »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delvers — The First Mission, waiting for 3 actions
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »

Falken immediately rose his spear.
"Leave the machine be. It is probably already broken, but we'll get it on the cart after we deal with these creatures."

Use three spear attacks with the +3 Crimson Spear, connecting it to the reel. Impale visible and aggressive enemies with it.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:20 am »

"Look up!"

Move back to my team, specifically to Falken and ready my Banded spear in defense!

While doing so, use my other spears as javelins and throw em at those monstrosities!

"Are they attracted to light?!"

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:14:58 pm by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 10:24:52 pm »

"There's more of them! Watch yourselves!
Sentries shoot things now. Yeah, so they surround us and make us not die.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16