Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54064 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #645 on: October 25, 2012, 11:05:10 pm »

((Sure you want to trade away the food?  Also, wasn't a warm coat one of the things you wanted to trade for?))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 25, 2012, 11:11:56 pm »

((@Maniac: How about the holster and mesh vest?))

Kat took another look at the coins. They were obviously non-standard currency to the Merchant-it might be years till he got around to spending what was probably only a modest sum of money.

"I think I'll hold onto them. Tell ya what, I'll give two of these here coins if you can tell me some hard facts about this 'Authority'. Information is precious as clean water, these days." She said.

Kat tucked the coins away (save 2), while waiting for his response, and also tried to remember if she had heard anything about this 'Authority'.

Kats Knowledge Check (Current Events, Untrained)
1d20+3 → [10,3] = (13)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3750972/
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 25, 2012, 11:12:37 pm »

((Sure you want to trade away the food?  Also, wasn't a warm coat one of the things you wanted to trade for?))
((Except for the warm coats and the food. Better have one extra.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 25, 2012, 11:25:03 pm »

((Except for the warm coats and the food. Better have one extra.))

((That would leave just the 10 9mms, which are worth 10 TU))

"I think I'll hold onto them. Tell ya what, I'll give two of these here coins if you can tell me some hard facts about this 'Authority'. Information is precious as clean water, these days." She said.

Kat tucked the coins away (save 2), while waiting for his response, and also tried to remember if she had heard anything about this 'Authority'.

"The Authority?  Well I'm not surprised you haven't heard about them round here... They're clear out on the other side of the continent.  Few years back I did a long haul from New Langley to Authority HQ.  They got a lot of fancy tech but have a real chip on their shoulder.  Some say us Langley crowd act all high and mighty but that's nothing compared to the Authority, thinking they are supposed to rule the entire continent and running their little police state.  Still, they have neat toys, like these coins here, got some sort of chip in so they can't be forged.  It's a nice trick but we're a long way from Authority territory."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 25, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »

Kat mulled this.

"How big are they-like, number and size of cities and such? They're not planning on moving over to our side of the coast, right?

Also-you said 'police state'-I'm not quite familiar with that term."

A state run by Police (Which to Kat was an archaic term for a Lawbringer), sounded safe...but she doubted people would be very happy in one.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:53 pm »

"Moving over to the east?  The crazy bastards had this slogan 'from sea to shining sea', apparently that meant they were going to reunify all the towns that were united before the war.  But, let me tell you, it'll be a cold day in hell before one of them ever sets foot on the east coast." the mutant laughs out loud at the mere thought.  "They talk big but when I was there their "nation" wasn't even a hundred miles across."

Kat mulled this.

"How big are they-like, number and size of cities and such? They're not planning on moving over to our side of the coast, right?

Also-you said 'police state'-I'm not quite familiar with that term."

A state run by Police (Which to Kat was an archaic term for a Lawbringer), sounded safe...but she doubted people would be very happy in one.

Rain's face lit up a bit at the chance to show off her scraps of an education.  "I know this one!  A police state is an old pre-war term, talking about when the head of a government had a hired militia on hand at all times to squash dissent.  You say you don't like the way he was doing things and they'd imprison you and maybe kill you.  Not a fun way to live.  But hey... how come you'd use such an old term?" Rain looks at the blind mutant quizically.  He shrugs his shoulders.  "Just picked it up in my line of work I guess.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 26, 2012, 12:00:26 am »

Kat handed two coins to the merchant.

"Thanks for the help, friend."

Kat continued to make small talk while her friends figured out what they were buying, or not.

"So, you seen any of those Colt 45's? I heard they burned down Fort Michs...killed everyone there...hope it's just a rumor, anyway..." She said.

((@Mainiac: You don't have to keep talking if you don't want to, since we're in 'small talk' mode, I'm Just killing time until Sky and Zako finalize what they want me to buy for them))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:02:46 am by Dwarmin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:11 am »

((Level up! Chosen Fast Hero 2:

1d8+3 hit points
+6 action points
+1 to all my previously selected skills (1 point into Disable device/Open lock, Escape Artist, Slight of Hand, Spot, Stealth, Survival and Tumble)
+1 BAB for +1 total
+1 class defense
+1 for reflex save
Bonus feat: Point Blank Shot))

Troy picks up the items he got rewarded with happily, putting them into his pack. He then takes out a number of items from his pack and places them down.

"See what you can get for these in bullets, will you? I'd like to know what I can afford before I start browsing."

Items for offer:
4 throwing knives
1 flashlight (flood)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #653 on: October 26, 2012, 08:19:14 am »

Spoiler: Level ups (click to show/hide)

"Could you ask if they can refill these —" the four bullet casings "— and maybe a suppressor for a pistol, if they have one?"

She hands over the 10 bullets she got from the mutant, and a winter coat.

"I don't know, suppressors seem really expensive, so I'll add more if I have to. If anything's left over, lots and lots of .357 bullets would be appreciated." She smiles timidly and withdraws.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:28 am »

Kat looked at the Troys items.

"You'd get about a dozen or more slugs for that." She says.

She motions to Paprika.

"You'd be better off having Rain make a homespun silencer for you. She knows how to rig up this sort of tube-y thing that goes on the end of a gun and makes it quiet..doesn't work so well on a shotgun, though..." Kat said, recalling how it had all but exploded the barrel after she had tried her own jury rig.

She sort of left the weapon modification to Rain after that.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:38:15 am by Dwarmin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 26, 2012, 08:33:24 am »

((1d8+3 hit points))
((Wrex said we are using the average on level ups. You get 4+3 HP, I think.))
Spoiler: Level Up! (click to show/hide)

Ethan checks his winter coats, making sure both are black - so much for sneaking when he was the one supposed to take the hits - and presents what he wants to buy.

((Updated Trade List:))

For trading, he offers:
- 9mm bullets x10 (10 TU)
- Backpack obtained back in the "cave" (3 TU)

He wants to buy:
- Heavy winter boots - black, of course (3TU)
- Speedloader for his revolver (1TU)
- Buckshot shells x3 (6TU)
- Holster for his revolver (2TU)
- Arrow (1TU)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:58:55 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 26, 2012, 08:36:00 am »

((Whaaaat? Where'd you get the value for those knives? I'm looking at the d20 apoc book, and it says knives are 4TU's each. Am I missing something?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 26, 2012, 08:37:49 am »

((Whoops, read it wrong I guess. :X
Editing post! ))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #658 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:17 am »

"Okay, then, could you ask her to make one for me? And also modify my pistol to be able to use one."

Revised list:
Give
Winter coat (3 TU) / 2-3
10 9mm bullets (10 TU) / 2-3

Ask
As many bullets as possible, .357 size. Also, ask for refilling the four bullet casings Paprika has.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 26, 2012, 08:43:57 am »

Kat was busy doing some internal mathematics, and took Paprika by the shoulder, gently spinning her in Rains general direction.

"Ask her yourself, she's standing 2 feet away." She said with a smile.

It would be good for Rain to do a little socializing, Kat thought.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57