Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54065 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #615 on: October 22, 2012, 05:02:46 pm »

Paprika is bumbling around but not picking pockets at the moment xD
"My, Ethan, how did you get so hurt? You should be more careful, like me." The tip of her tongue is poking out her mouth, indicating she knows exactly why and isn't ashamed of it.

"Also, I'm going."

((SO MUCH STUFF HAPPENING DX Now ah'll be AFK for like 9 hours.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 22, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »

"Oh, suuure. You mean to say you two haven't...?" Kat grinned, and made a crude meaning gesture with her hands just to see if she could make Ethan blush harder. Kat could be very mischievous, at times.

His face was flushed with red once again as he heard Kat's question. "No, no! Of course not! We just met, and we have no feelings between us, you see!"

The young man seemed positively embarassed now, his usual attitude replaced by an exaggerated reaction.

Kat laughed.

"You are such an easy mark. No wonder she chose you." Kat said, in mock sympathy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 22, 2012, 08:30:14 pm »

"You are such an easy mark. No wonder she chose you." Kat said, in mock sympathy.

"What do you mean by 'easy mark'?" Ethan asked gruffly. He was telling the truth: he didn't have anything to do with the girl, but Paprika tended to get him embarassed and gave enough of an aura of clumsiness that he couldn't help but feel impelled towards helping her.

Even if with one eye on the road and another on her hands...Fine, thinking clearly about it, it would be safer to stay away from her. He never knew when he could wake up with a knife on his neck.
"I just didn't think she was bad, that's all."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 22, 2012, 08:38:28 pm »

Kat took on a worldly tone.

"Well, at times the best way to get by in this world is to get someone else to do the heavy lifting.

I don't think she's a bad person (but who really knows?), she's just used to getting people to help her-and to share the blame when things go wrong. Nice guys like you are perfect for that-I would know.

You just have to decide where you are being friends, where you are using each other, cause in these times, you need both...at least, be honest about your relationship together."
Kat said, smiling.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 22, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »

Troy smiled at the antics that Kat was doing on poor Ethan, quietly shaking his head. It seemed the tough guy wasn't as tough on the inside as he was outside.

He leaned over to Rain and whispered to her: "Is she always doing something like this? Has she been any trouble in the past for you two?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #620 on: October 23, 2012, 06:37:06 am »

((Are you aware that Paprika is right next to Ethan? >.>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
..which means I'm in talking range of Ethan. Dx Probably first-aid range, too, though I don't have a bandage set.))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 23, 2012, 07:11:03 am »

((Are you aware that Paprika is right next to Ethan? >.>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
..which means I'm in talking range of Ethan. Dx Probably first-aid range, too, though I don't have a bandage set.))

((Completely aware :P She wants to bring Paprika out of her bumbling clueless shell, so shes acting like shes not there until Paprika says something, or now.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #622 on: October 23, 2012, 07:59:09 am »

((... she was bumbling clueless? D:))

She looked like she was using Ethan? That needed fixing.
Paprika looks at Kat.
"I don't think Ethan looked like a nice guy. He was more of a... like those gunslingers gunslingers in Western flicks, where the main character is always a lonely badass."

She looks at the ground, and slowly says, "I'm just so lonely, and that's mostly how I'm 'using' him. Though I won't mind another pair of eyes to watch my back." She grins at Ethan.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 23, 2012, 08:31:10 am »

Kat just smiled.

Paprika was really good at this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 23, 2012, 08:44:12 am »

She looks at the ground, and slowly says, "I'm just so lonely, and that's mostly how I'm 'using' him. Though I won't mind another pair of eyes to watch my back." She grins at Ethan.

Ethan was briefly caught offguard, but returned Paprika's smile, his face keeping the same tinge as her words didn't help much in his current state.
"...See Kat? She may be using me but I think she won't slit my throat during my sleep. I think. Or at least for the time I'm around you."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 23, 2012, 09:06:09 am »

Troy smiled at the antics that Kat was doing on poor Ethan, quietly shaking his head. It seemed the tough guy wasn't as tough on the inside as he was outside.

He leaned over to Rain and whispered to her: "Is she always doing something like this? Has she been any trouble in the past for you two?"

"Trouble... Kat isn't any trouble.  She just wants to help Ethan realize his deepest desires so he and Paprika can fall in wuuuuuuv."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 23, 2012, 09:21:06 am »

Troy was silent for a bit, thinking deep thoughts and recalling memories.

"I see. Well, she can do what she wants, it's not like I can stop her after all."

He shrugs and turns to wander off, but glances back at Rain for a moment.

"Want a drink? I think we could both do without those three embarrassing each other for a bit."

((How many flashlights did I find in the closet? Did you do my search roll results?))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:17 am »

((A couple generally means two and yes, I do search rolls when indicated but not done by the player.))

"I'd take you up on that drink but I don't have much to barter with until we get paid in the morning.  'Sides, I'm tired enough that I just want to find a place to rest my eyes."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:29 am »

Troy nodded, only now feeling the exhaustion hitting him. They had all been through a lot today, and they all needed sleep. He turned to the rest of the group, rolling his eyes at their antics.

"Hey! Why don't you all get back to that tomorrow and go grab some sleep? I think we all earned a good rest..."

Go grab some shuteye after getting Rain to see to my wounds again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:26 am »

"Anyway, gonna rest. See you later." Ethan said, noticing Troy rolling his eyes.

He grinned and started to walk away, not without leaving a good one behind. "Hey, Casanova. Don't try to show your medical equipment to Rain, she's your employer."

Sleep.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57