Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54072 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

"Hmm, these lights may not have batteries in them, but they still look like they would work. Could be worth something. And then there's that building up by the enterance of the cave that we've got to check for things. Never know what we might find in there."

Troy looks at the backpack for a moment before turning back to the group.

"Someone should take that backpack. They can hold a lot and help you with carrying it too. At any rate, we can always sell it if need be."

Take the flashlights and then search the closet carefully. Take 20 on doing so, making sure I grab the casings from the revolver if there are any.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2012, 01:08:40 pm »

((Wanna skip along to returning to Johnson's island?))
((Sure.))

Ethan took the backpack, storing it inside his own.
"Let's get going and fetch our reward for a job well-done."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2012, 01:47:26 pm »

The band of adventurers return into the daylight.  It's a clear crisp noon.  A gentle breeze moves clouds across the sky and the whole world is bright.  Rain's donkey, Gunther, is waiting where she left him and Rain goes to pet him with a smile. "You miss us bud?  It feels like we were apart for weeks."

They trek back to Johnson's island, a much less tense journey then the trip out.  They remain safe along the way and make it back just in time to catch the last ferry back onto the island.  The walk through the streets is quiet with weariness.  Rain suggests that they spend some of their hard earned loot on paying for a proper place to spend the night so they can get a good night's sleep for a change.  They wander back into the Golden Toad and find the caravan master from before.  He looks over the bloodied and bruised crowd before him (and the uninjured Paprika).  "Well, looks like you guys found something out there.  You get me the head I asked for?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2012, 02:11:04 pm »

"We got A head, and plenty of pictures that would stand up in an adjudication. You didn't exactly tell us how to identify the leader from the rest of them, but you can be rest assured we killed all we found there." Kat says, sliding into her chair and scooting to the table.

She motioned for Ethan to present the 'trophy', which he did. (presumably)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:52 pm »

Ethan shows him the head he cut off with the machete.
"Like this one? We also fought some more - I took pictures - and a bigass spider-like monster aside from that."

The young man cycles through the photos inside his camera as he says so, having proof of basically every claim.

((Ninja'ed.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2012, 02:16:36 pm »

"Yeah, consider the Giant Mutie-Spider we killed a freebie." Kat drawled, leaning back and folding her hands, giving the caravan master an opening to speak.

Now comes the fun part. Will they shake hands and call it a good deal? Start shooting at each other? Try to slip or cheat the deal?

Kat kept eye contact, smiled slightly, and waited for whatever was going to happen.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2012, 02:24:08 pm »

The caravan master seems a bit surprised by Kat's explanation.

"Hm... I wouldn't have thought that identifying the leader would have been all that hard.  He was always the ringleader of the attacks on us, barking out orders and whatnot.  I take it didn't hear anyone hissing out 'kiiiiiill the surfaaaaace dweeeeelers!'  Well... lemme see that you have there."

The caravan master looks at Ethans photos.  When he gets to one of the ones by the bonfire he grabs the camera and says "stop right here... yeah... that's the one.  Geez, you guys did a number on 'im."  It's a mutant that seemed just as animalistic and savage when you were fighting him.

The caravan master hands back the camera and ponders what he just saw.  "Well, I don't know what happened to those guys but you took care of 'em for us.  I hold up my end of a bargain.  Come round the caravan tomorrow and you'll have your reward.  Come early, looks like we're gonna be heading out sooner then we expected.  You lot wanna come with?  Good fighters are always hand to have around."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2012, 02:33:18 pm »

"Figure the Leader saved the speeches for when he raided you-he just went ahead and attacked us with his fellows, no villainous monologue needed. Unless Mutants are learning to use body doubles these days...

...As for your caravan, depends which parts you're heading to, and I can only speak for myself and Rain-and Troy now, I suppose."

Kat had at least 'planned' in her own mind anyway, to head down to the Southern territories with Rain-they said there was less bandits down there (they said that about everywhere), and that there desolation was lesser, with more people. (they said that too)

She had a funny dream of living on a golden beach somewhere, playing her guitar, watching the warm surf roll in and out-with Rain by her side. But dreams didn't have a habit of coming true these days...

If the Carvan was going that way, she'd be inclined to agree-but it was doubtful they'd be able to turn down a free ride wherever it was going, anyhow.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:35:02 pm by Dwarmin »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »

"...As for your caravan, depends which parts you're heading to, and I can only speak for myself and Rain-and Troy now, I suppose."[/color]

"We're heading out on the old 77.  Straight shot south until we reach the mountains.  That's where we are splitting up.  Half of us are heading to New Langley for a little homecoming.  The rest of us are gonna keep heading south, until we reach Camelot then are gonna head to New Langley after that.  We might visit the coast on the way from Camelot to New Langley, depending on how much of a fuss the bandits are making."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »

Ethan sighed deeply and spent some time in silence, as if considering the offer. "I'd not turn down such a nice offer, I guess."

"Walking around in a group isn't that bad, and is much safer from my experience with that kind of thing." He said, his gaze running over all the members of the group. 
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2012, 03:02:24 pm »

Kat nodded emphatically.

"That sounds just about right-we're all running away from the Winter, aren't we?

Consider us on board, at least until the Mountains."
She said, sticking out her hand for the mutant to shake, sealing the deal.

She turned to Ethan after the conversation, extending a thumb to Paprika, who was bumbling around looking cute, possibly trying to pick peoples pockets at the same time.

"What about your girlfriend? Is she coming with us?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 22, 2012, 03:08:45 pm »

She turned to Ethan after the conversation, extending a thumb to Paprika.

"What about your girlfriend? Is she coming with us?"

Ethan's face changed color, from a pale shade at first to a red and then slowly started to go back to normal as he tried to prevent it from showing. "She's not my girlfriend...I met her at the bar about the same time I found you guys."

"But she's such a disaster I wonder how she's been surviving alone. Either she's coming or I'll follow her anyway, to prevent the next mutant she finds from tearing her a new one." he completed, crossing his arms at chest height.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2012, 03:20:29 pm »

"Oh, suuure. You mean to say you two haven't...?" Kat grinned, and made a crude meaning gesture with her hands just to see if she could make Ethan blush harder. Kat could be very mischievous, at times.

And Ethan looked awfully cute when his face was lit red like that.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »

((Ethan needs to roll will save vs. embarrassment.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »

"Oh, suuure. You mean to say you two haven't...?" Kat grinned, and made a crude meaning gesture with her hands just to see if she could make Ethan blush harder. Kat could be very mischievous, at times.

His face was flushed with red once again as he heard Kat's question. "No, no! Of course not! We just met, and we have no feelings between us, you see!"

The young man seemed positively embarassed now, his usual attitude replaced by an exaggerated reaction.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57