Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54073 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #585 on: October 22, 2012, 10:36:46 am »

((The coin flip says that it's a locker style lock, not a door style lock.))

With a burst of strength, Kat manages to cut deeply into the lock.  A couple of strong boot kicks later and the lock comes loose.  The door is held in place only by rust now.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 22, 2012, 10:44:01 am »

Kat took a deep breath, stowing Mr. Big back in her pack.

"...now, how about one of you big strong boys step up, and pry the shutter loose the rest of the way? Ethan, your machete should do the trick. Lemme see those abs work." She said, with a loose grin.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 22, 2012, 10:49:15 am »

Troy rolled his eyes and walked over to the shutter.

"How about we save time and both Ethan and I try at the same time? It looks pretty rusted..."

Team up with Ethan!

Strength check (Taking 10): 1d20+3 → [5,3] = (8) + 10 = 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3745310/

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 22, 2012, 10:52:13 am »

Kat watched the men strain, chuckling lightly, leaning against the wall opposite.

"And here I was, hoping for some gentlemanly competition."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:56 am »

"...you've actually seen an air-plane? How big was it? Was it true you could fly up into the black with one?" She asked. 'The Black' being above the atmosphere, of course.

"No, they fly under it the black part. The ones who got there were way bigger." Ethan answered with a smile.

Strength check (Taking 10): 1d20+3 → [5,3] = (8) + 10 = 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3745310/
((Doesn't taking 10 mean you use 10+str modifier?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2012, 10:58:06 am »

((@Caellath: In retrospect, yeah. I did mine wrong, which is probably why Zako did it like that. That said, mine was still enough to pop the lock.

Edit: Well, Zakos offline-can we assume he'd just do a take 10 with the proper numbers?

I say make your action Caellath, and we'll see if we can get it open.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:08:22 am by Dwarmin »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 22, 2012, 11:13:28 am »

((Doesn't taking 10 mean you use 10+str modifier?))

((It does, and here I was about to say you guys opened the door.  You guys could take 20 though.

Eh, I'm just assuming you would have taken 20 eventually.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:20:54 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 22, 2012, 11:19:49 am »

((Sorry, I don't know how to do a ability check...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:12 am »

"Well, my turn." Ethan said, moving to face the door.

Take twenty, take that door down.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2012, 11:22:01 am »

The two lunkheaded men put their shoulders to the door and strain against it at the same time.  The door budges just slightly under their labors.  They push again and it creaks just a little before suddenly collapsing under their efforts.  The rusted hinges have given way letting the door fall open.

When the door is dragged out of the way it reveals an ancient supply closet with a decaying corpse in it.  The corpse has fangs like the mutants did but they are a little less pronounced.  Apparently this guy offed himself, the back of his head is blown off and the .22 revolver that did the job is on his chest, still gripped by his stiff fingers.

There is some salvagable gear in the room.  A pair of yellow windbreakers are still insulated and warm.  They are labeled "Community Economic Development Association", whatever that means.  The dead guys' gun is still in firing condition but doesn't contain any more bullets.  There are a couple of flood light flashlights but the batteries are long since dead.  There is also a backpack with what seems to be an ancient map, a gas mask and a longsword compass.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:05 am »

"I don't have anything to cover my face, let me check that." Ethan said, picking up the gas mask to examine it.

((What type is it? Full face or nose and down?))
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:32 am »

Full face.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 22, 2012, 11:48:53 am »

Kat applaused the boys work lightly, before stepping up and looking into the door.

The windbreakers looked comfortable, but they would have get some camo paint on them-bright yellow was easy to spot, bandits and monsters would come a-snacking. Maybe back in the early days you wore them when you wanted someone to find you...these days, it was the opposite.

She leaned forward and pick up the tiny, snub nosed pistol from the dead mans grip, gently un-clenching the bony fingers and laying them on his chest.

"...I don't really know how to use a gun, but does anyone mind I take this? Seems everyone else has a bigger one than this, anyway."

Then she plucked the compass and map. "And these are for Rain. She's good with maps and navigation and all that. I used to get lost all the time before I met her!"

Finally she took both windbreakers and put them in her pack, as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:51:07 am by Dwarmin »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 22, 2012, 12:25:41 pm »

Rain thanks Kat for the map with a smile and thanks her for the compliment with a blush.  "Well y'know Kat, you'd just be so helpless in the big bad world without your worldly and wise friend to watch out for you."  Rain gives a little laugh and then peers at the map she has been handed.  She studies it for a bit and traces routes on it with her finger as the others sort through the loot.  "Huh, judging from this it looks like we are near somewhere named Clev-land.  Anybody ever heard of it?"

((Wanna skip along to returning to Johnson's island?))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 22, 2012, 12:51:04 pm »

Kat gives Rain a big sister shoulder punch on her right shoulder.

*Sock!*

"Little Sister, I loves ya." She said, grinning and latching onto Rain arm, studying the map alongside her.

"Cleave-land? Doesn't ring a Bell...and can't sound like a happy place. Given bandit tendencies to take a places name as literal truth in a sense of fatalistic irony.

Anyway, let's get out of this rot-hole. Once we've given our two fellows around here a proper burial."
Kat said, coughing a bit.

"...Also, there's no way we're going to be able to take all these rails and junk-get what you can Rain. I bet I can negotiate an enterprising entrepreneur back in Johnson for the location, and first looting rights-and a 10% cut."

Kat coughed again-she remembered, she really needed some fresh air and bed rest...

Action: Kat helps lay the dead men they found to rest, then sets off with the rest back to Johnson.

((I'm ready to go back whenever. Assume we'll pack mule any loot not specifically being said as taken.))

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57