Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54078 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2012, 11:22:49 pm »

"Well, we're out of luck." Ethan comments, yawning. He whips out his digital camera and takes a picture of the corpses near the fire, just in case.

Back the way we came.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:27:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 21, 2012, 11:24:37 pm »

Onwards when the group gets ready.

End of the line, bub.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 21, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »

End of the line, bub.
((Edited then.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 21, 2012, 11:30:48 pm »

A sigh of relief. They had survived. Everyone had survived.

Kat took a hesitant look at the nasty meal.

"This looks like that mutadog-casserole you tried to cook once, Rain. Smells better, too."

She stuck out her tongue in a childish gesture, then walked over to Rain and embraced her, putting her own forehead against Rains.

"...I'm glad you're okay." She says quietly.

"Thanks for finding my bolts." She says to Troy, taking them gingerly and requivering them.

Afterwards, Kat casually joined the search the area with the others, seeing if she could find anything they might have missed. She doubted it though.

Search Roll
1d20+7 → [18,7] = (25)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3744623/

She addressed the company while searching.

"...alright. I guess we either bring all the heads back, or what? They didn't exactly tell us how we'd tell the leader apart from the rest of them...and this looks like the end of the line."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 21, 2012, 11:35:25 pm »

"Well, I took a picture of their corpses by their cozy bonfire." Ethan said, showing the digital camera. "I think that's good enough proof, but we may drag the head of one of the stinkers."

Ethan takes his machete out and cuts the head of one of them out, lifting it and offering it to his teammates. "Anyone?" he asks with a mischievous smile.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 21, 2012, 11:51:27 pm »

"He does look like a Napoleom...." Kat mentioned evenly to Ethan. Rain had told her a 'Napeoleom' was the leader of some place called 'Franse', and even showed her a picture of the little bugger in a fancy coat in an old book. They had the same look on the face, anyway, minus the fangs.

She hoped it was enough.

Action: Back the way we came!

She leaned up against the wall, checking her equipment idly before departing.

Kat mentioned to Ethan...

"Where'd you get that thing, anyway? The little box with the clicker? I know you can make pictures of things with it, but I've never seen one that worked."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 22, 2012, 12:02:09 am »

"Where'd you get that thing, anyway? The little box with the clicker? I know you can make pictures of things with it, but I've never seen one that worked."

"Oh, that was from my father. I think my group may have been composed of descendants of people who were fast enough to get into private or government bunkers." Ethan says as he walks. "Headphones had a similar origin, but I had to retrieve them...Well that's another story."

He shrugs, as if working tech equipment was a bit more natural for him. "One guy there actually had a small Cessna airplane."

((And OOC, that bugger actually costed me some TU.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2012, 12:15:23 am »

"Just making sure they didn't have anything on them. Best to make sure. Now let's check out that metal shutter we found."

Back to the shutter and see if I can open it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2012, 12:18:43 am »

"This looks like that mutadog-casserole you tried to cook once, Rain. Smells better, too."

"Yeash, don't remind me..."

She stuck out her tongue in a childish gesture, then walked over to Rain and embraced her, putting her own forehead against Rains.

"...I'm glad you're okay." She says quietly.

Rain reacts oddly towards Kat's gesture.  She doesn't shy away from the hug, giving Kat a thump on the back in a bro-like expression of bonding.  But when Kat touches their foreheads together Rain stiffens awkwardly.  She pushes her friend away and stammers for words.  "Uh, Kat, my stomach... with you mentioning the mutadogs and the blood everywhere and... I think I'm gonna be sick."  Rain turns towards the wall and breathes heavily a little while leaning against it.  Apparently she gets her stomach under control after a bit of this.

Afterwards, Kat casually joined the search the area with the others, seeing if she could find anything they might have missed. She doubted it though.

Search Roll
1d20+7 → [18,7] = (25)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3744623/

Kat's sharp eyes spot's a telltale sign that would have been invisible to most people.  On the wall one of the fixtures has accumulated a bit less dust then the others.  It still looks like it hasn't been touched in months but that's still more recently then the other fixtures.  Kat tugs on the ancient piece of lighting and it comes loose easily.  Hidden in the wall were several jars of honey.  They look positively ancient but the wax seals on all but one are unbroken and the contents appear still good.  The opened jar is half empty and the contents look a bit crystalized but probably still edible.  Judging by the state of preservation the opened jar must have been left month ago.

"Just making sure they didn't have anything on them. Best to make sure. Now let's check out that metal shutter we found."

((Hm, I forgot about that and Wrex didn't tell me what's behind it.  I'll need to ponder this a bit.  I'll put something up in the morning.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:26:42 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09:55 am »

"Hot damn, I am good." Kat said in a low, confident voice-marveling at her lucky find, and carefully loading the jars up. It looked pure and fresh, and absolutely delicious...which was something of a blessing, considering Honey was rare in these times-what with half the bees being muta-bees (which usually tried to eat you) and half the flowers being muta-flowers (which usually tried to eat you as well), all you usually got was Muta-Honey from them...which was a sweet but deadly poison to any true-blooded Human. These looked good though-no noticeable discoloration, no sediments, no grime at the rim. Rain would probably insist on doing some of her chemical analya-whatsist just to be safe though, she thought, smiling slightly.

...Though she did wonder where they came from. Given the size of the spider, the mutants had been here awhile. Did the some of the Draculas have a sweet tooth-maybe they stole it from the caravan? Or had it belonged to some long passed previous owners?

She wasn't about to question good fortune, though.

Rain reacts oddly towards Kat's gesture.  She doesn't shy away from the hug, giving Kat a thump on the back in a bro-like expression of bonding.  But when Kat touches their foreheads together Rain stiffens awkwardly.  She pushes her friend away and stammers for words.  "Uh, Kat, my stomach... with you mentioning the mutadogs and the blood everywhere and... I think I'm gonna be sick."  Rain turns towards the wall and breathes heavily a little while leaning against it.  Apparently she gets her stomach under control after a bit of this.

Kat backed away awkwardly, rubbing her temples as she sometimes did. She was feeling...something. Sadness. Great Sadness. But at the same time it was disconnected, like it wasn't her own emotion-almost like she was viewing another person inside her head. It felt like Rain-for a moment, she could feel a wounded essence, a shy girl (a strong soul) with a brilliant streak (bright as the Sun) and a good-hearted naivety (Warm as home in the Summertime). These reverberated within her own mind, and Kat had a intuitive glimmer. An empathic connection. She sometimes felt the same way during performances-almost as if she could harness the positive energy of the crowd...

But, she knew none of this cognizantly-it was all subconscious whispers. Naturally, Kat had always assumed everyone occasionally felt like this, and that it was completely mundane.

Still rubbing her temples, Kat tried to speak-though her voice was still a bit hoarse from the spider-smoke, and she spoke quietly.

"...Rain? Are you okay?" She asked hesitantly.

"Oh, that was from my father. I think my group may have been composed of descendants of people who were fast enough to get into private or government bunkers." Ethan says as he walks. "Headphones had a similar origin, but I had to retrieve them...Well that's another story."

He shrugs, as if working tech equipment was a bit more natural for him. "One guy there actually had a small Cessna airplane."

Kat's eyes widened at that.

"...you've actually seen an air-plane? How big was it? Was it true you could fly up into the black with one?" She asked. 'The Black' being above the atmosphere, of course.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:16:53 am by Dwarmin »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 22, 2012, 09:55:32 am »

"...Rain? Are you okay?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yeah Kat, I'm fine!" Rain snapped back at her friends prying, "Just give me a sec..."  Rain turns and walks back down the tunnel the way them came in.

They head back to the shutter to see if they have better luck with it this time.  Rain hangs around on the tracks, looking for any bits of salvageable metal while the others try to find a way to get the doorway open.

How do you open it?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #581 on: October 22, 2012, 10:03:36 am »

Is there rail nearby? If yes, try and pry it out to use as a crowbar.

(Dammit timezones, so much happens while I'm offline...)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:24 am »

Is it locked somehow? Can we pick a lock to get it open or is it just jammed shut?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:56 am »

Is it locked somehow? Can we pick a lock to get it open or is it just jammed shut?

Held in place by a combination of lock and rust.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:08 am »

"Yeah Kat, I'm fine!" Rain snapped back at her friends prying, "Just give me a sec..."  Rain turns and walks back down the tunnel the way them came in.

Kat felt her headache peak, then fade. What was going on with Rain?

...maybe it was just the adrenaline from the battle. She would save the discussion for later.

Held in place by a combination of lock and rust.

"Well, the lock is easy at least..."

Kat reached into her bag and pulled out a long handled, metal snipping device.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was a Bolt Cutter. It had the name 'Mr. Big' written on the side, and the nose was painted like a birds beak and eyes.

She applied it to the lock and began to gradually apply pressure...

Strength Check (Taking 10)
1d20 → [0+10] = (10)

She mused-the bolt cutter was the last thing of her past, really. She had carried it almost her entire life, even longer than her guiter. Kat wondered if that meant something.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:00:35 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57