Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54094 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #540 on: October 16, 2012, 03:23:51 pm »

((No posts?  Am I doing something wrong here?))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 16, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »

((I was waiting for Sky to do her readied attack, since she's the only who didn't move during the free turn.

We sort of need her to do things, like shoot mutants.

And I feel bad bumping her all the time. <_<

Also, OOC Question-are we using the shooting into melee penalty when firing at two people in a scuffle? It's a bit weird, since we can't tell who we're exactly shooting and their position relative unless you put up one of those mini maps.))

"Rain, get back!" Kat said in a scratchy voice, watching her friend wounded.

She pivoted and aimed at one of the mutants Threatening Rain after she retreated (no penalty?)

Attack Roll
1d20+3 → [16,3] = (19)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3736667/

Damage Roll
1d10 → [10] = (10)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3736671/
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 16, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »

((I'll stick to invisible castle.))

Ethan grunts as more foul-smelling mutant blood splatters his blade and the area nearby. Not one of his best days, but not so bad either, he supposes.

The young man steps forward and swings his blade at the nearest mutant which has just attacked Rain, avoiding hitting the one Kat seems to be aiming for.
"Try and get a bite of someone your own size, bastards."

Attack Roll:
1d20+3 → [17,3] = (20)
Damage Roll:
1d8+3 → [5,3] = (8)

((Making the rolls individually apparently helps. I think the dice roller hates when two rolls are huddled together. :P))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #543 on: October 16, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »

Paprika sneaks down the left (on the map) side of the cavern, sticking to the walls.

<unable to roll d20+9>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:57 pm »

((She is running away?))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #545 on: October 16, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

Down the side and try to hit them from the back or the side, but I can't roll attack right now, so just sneaking o_O

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 16, 2012, 06:40:48 pm »

Down the side and try to hit them from the back or the side, but I can't roll attack right now, so just sneaking o_O
((You can just write RP and stuff and give me permanent rolling rights.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 17, 2012, 07:25:50 am »

((Been busy as of late. Uni project is coming to a head and it's hopefully gonna be big!))

Troy grunts as the mutant tagged his arm. He was thankful of the painkillers in his body at that moment, for not feeling the pain of the blow helped him focus on his next attack on one of the mutants attacking him.

Attack roll:1d20+3 → [19,3] = (22)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3737754/

Crit confirm: 1d20+3 → [18,3] = (21)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3737755/

Damage roll: 1d6+3 → [5,3] = (8) x 2 = 16
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3737756/

((Whew... That should help...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:24 am »

((Rolling for Sky.))
Stealth:
1d20+9 → [6,9] = (15)
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 17, 2012, 08:47:18 am »

Kat felt the momentum of the battle turn in a moment. Her allies blows struck with renewed force-their exultation's louder and more confident. The Dracula's faltered, their attacks becoming clumsy, slow-desperate. One of them (she looked like a younger female, in an almost abstract fashion) took a half step back, her confidence wavering, eyes losing their hunger, madness and rage-being replaced with a sick, all too Human fear. But with others, there was a hardening of will-something close to courage, to face death head on.

Kat was still Human enough to feel pity for these misbegotten things, though mercy was not a trait she shared. Shut off from light and civilization-little more than beasts, their dim minds making them incapable of reasoning, or understanding. They had to eat, and at this point, it was hardly cannibalism for them to feed on Humans. It was all they knew. Could they be blamed? Were they not now, merely defending their home?

Kat thought these things, during and after, and she pitied the Monsters for what they had become. What they had been forced to endure to survive.

For, what had happened to them-was what had happened to the world. They were all monsters, now.

This battle would end soon. It was just a question of who would fall back, who would fall down and who would walk away. She didn't kid herself. It wasn't over until the last shriek echoed through the empty, spider-webbed corridors. She just hoped it wasn't hers...or Rains...

The thought of her friend dying was horrible.

The though of Rain dying, still believing the lies Kat had told her, was much worse.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:49:09 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 20, 2012, 10:20:56 am »

((Bump!

I know it's only been three days, but it certainly feels longer. O_o))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 21, 2012, 09:03:13 am »

((I missed that this had been posted in (the downside of an active forum) and didn't realize that there was still interest in this.  What's the headcount on active players?))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 21, 2012, 09:06:51 am »

((Still interested, of course.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:11 am »

((I'm still watching this and don't you disappoint Dwarmin! :I

* Tiruin cancels Watching: Interrupted by Learning D20.
))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #554 on: October 21, 2012, 09:12:12 am »

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57