Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54098 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #525 on: October 15, 2012, 12:08:43 pm »

((Burning an action point then, editing it into the post.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 15, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

Something just occurred to me... I thought these things were weak to light? Why are they gathered around a fire?))

((It's obvious our employer was understating the threat. Also, they might hate the light, but still need the warmth.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 15, 2012, 12:29:49 pm »

Something just occurred to me... I thought these things were weak to light? Why are they gathered around a fire?))

((It's obvious our employer was understating the threat. Also, they might hate the light, but still need the warmth.))
((Valid points that are based in reason, perfect. Thank you for the explaination.

And aren't you glad you spent that point now Cael? That's probably a kill right there, nice one!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 15, 2012, 12:35:29 pm »

((@Zako: I put max skills ranks into handwaving ^^ ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 15, 2012, 05:33:36 pm »

((Oops... forgot about a small setting detail which I was intending to post when you guys approached the light.  I'll assume everyone was too distracted by the battle to examine the fire closely.  After the battle is over, have your characters take a closer look at that fire...  :D

In other news I suddenly decided to add a new house rule.  When three or more players have spent an action point within the moves of 4 players, and none of their attacks hit and it's a monday and my clock reads 6:07, Troy get's a +1 on his most recent attack roll.))

Troy yanks Rain back from the fight and takes her place, swinging with a vengeance at the mutant he had already exchanged blows with.  He misses by the slimmest of margins.  The mutant gives a defiant scream and hops backwards, leaving the platofrm.

Kat takes careful aim at a mutant and lets a bolt fly straight for it's chest.  But she is surprised by how quickly these things move when their guard is fully up.  The mutant dives to the earth and the bolt goes whizzing over it's head.  The mutant the scrambles away on all fours, leaving the platform.

Ethan gives a mighty swing of his sword, determined to do the job right this time.  The mutant anticipates the strike and leaps high, avoiding his attack.  What it doesn't anticipate is Ethan suddenly changing his swing in mid movement.  The creature never even gets a chance to let out a final scream, it's dead before it hits the ground.

#####.##################################
#####.%#################################
##P.....################################
#.........K#############################
.....^pR%......|########################
.....E.T.......|########################
.....%.........|########################
_______________}###..#####...............
....mmmmmm............#................
=======================================
..........................##............
========================================
.......#####............................
########################################

((Everyone has 1 round to prepare before the mutants attack again.  Readying attacks is a valid action of course.  Paprika is still hidden.))

In the brief respite from battle Rain drops her back and grabs the medical supplies from it.  Conveniently (1 action point spent), the molotov cocktails are left sitting at the top, easily in reach if anyone wants to grab them ("p" symbol).  Rain catches Troy's attention and says "Hey, look over there!" then jabs a needle into him before he can object.  A narcotic flows into his blood, dulling his pain as Rain slaps a large bandage on his wounds, slowing down the wounds for the moment.  "Need you in fighting shape, buddy."

((Feel free to use the molotovs everyone.  There are two of them left.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:28:01 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 15, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »

Kat didn't like the look of this...they were about to be encircled!

"Everybody move back-let's bottleneck them in the corridor!" She said, coughing.

She aimed quickly once more for the Rightmost Mutant...

Attack
1d20+3 → [16,3] = (19)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3735069/

Damage
1d10 → [7] = (7)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3735073/

...then took off running to the North, not waiting to see the result of her shot. It looked good, though.

Action: Firing a bolt at the Rightmost Mutant, Then Retreating into the Northern Corridor

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 15, 2012, 07:39:49 pm »

((Why didn't my attack connect? I got 18 with the roll of 12+6 from burning the action point.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 15, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

Screwed up the action point rules. Was hurried. Can't edit now, posting from phone for next couple hours.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 15, 2012, 08:05:17 pm »

((So I guess
In other news I suddenly decided to add a new house rule.  When three or more players have spent an action point within the moves of 4 players, and none of their attacks hit and it's a monday and my clock reads 6:07, Troy get's a +1 on his most recent attack roll
Is now void, because I'll hit. Unless you want to give all the other players the same bonus for future uses. :P))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 15, 2012, 09:18:48 pm »

((Do I regain health from your medical stuff? If so, how much?))

Troy grabbed one of the molotovs, nodding at Kat as he moved towards the corridor.

"She's got the right idea. We'll bottleneck them and then burn them with a mototov and finish off the survivors."

He then prepared his bow once again for hopefully taking down one of the mutants.

Retreat towards the corridor and fire my bow at a wounded mutant.

Attack Roll: 1d20+4 → [8,4] = (12)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3735450/

Damage Roll: 1d8+3 → [4,3] = (7)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3735452/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:22:35 pm by Zako »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 15, 2012, 10:32:06 pm »

((Do I regain health from your medical stuff? If so, how much?))

((Whoops, forgot to post that part.  6 HP recovered.))

Rain had been planning on healing Troy where he stood but when he retreated back towards the corridor she followed him before whipping out the medical supplies.

#####K%#################################
##PEpRT.################################
#..........#############################
.....^..%......|########################
...............|########################
.....%.........|########################
_______________}###..#####...............
....mmmmmm............#................
=======================================
..........................##............
========================================
.......#####............................
########################################

Waiting on Caeleth to post his inter-turn action.  I'm assuming that Skyrunner wants to maintain Paprika's stealth but she could move slightly while staying stealthy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:04:31 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 15, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »

Ethan sighs after bisecting the mutant, swinging his sword to clean the blood off the blade as he retreats. His longsword was bringing far better results than the composite bow so far, and would probably become his weapon of choice.
"And I thought they couldn't get any uglier."

Ethan retreats to the point between the molotovs and Paprika, holding his sword firmly while waiting for the enemies to strike.
((That means Total Defense activated and let's see if I can take advantage of a possible AoO. Forgot can't do both.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:05:40 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 15, 2012, 10:56:07 pm »

((AoO with total defense feels kinda gamey so I'm saying that such attacks are at a -4 penalty.  You still want to do it?  You could also chose to ready an attack which would let you attack any mutant that steps in range before it can attack.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 15, 2012, 11:04:36 pm »

((AoO with total defense feels kinda gamey so I'm saying that such attacks are at a -4 penalty.  You still want to do it?  You could also chose to ready an attack which would let you attack any mutant that steps in range before it can attack.))
((Ok then, ready the attack instead. Apparently, forgot I couldn't do both.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:06:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:32 pm »

((Ethan rolls 1d20+3=16, 1d8+3=9.  I am just using random.org for rolls instead of invisible castle because it's more convenient.  I'd be fine with it if you want to use random.org as well since I operate on the system of trust.))

The mutants leap up in a coordinated attack, aiming to rush the humans all at once.  Kat and Troy had their bows at the ready for the attack and great the mutants with a pair of shots when they spring into sight.  Troy's shot goes low but Kat's is right on the money, striking a mutant square in the chest at the top of it's leap.  The mutants hit the ground, five of them running, one unmoving.

The mutants split up to go around the fire and charge at the humans they can see more or less randomly.  One goes for Ethan and is met head on with cold, hard steel.  Four remain.  Two each charge at Rain and Troy.
((Mutants attacks = 18, 9, 14, 18))

Rain was still turning from patching up Troy when the mutants pounced.  She frantically brought her hatchet up in a parrying action and managed to send one set of claws above her head.  Her relief proved short lived however as she left herself undefended against the other mutant and received an impromptu tattoo job at it's claws ((5 damage to Rain)).

Troy saw the mutants coming but was still lowering his bow as they swiftly charged his location.  He get's his baton out just in time to wave it defensively.  One mutant is deflected and hits nothing but air with it's attacks.  The other mutant manages to graze the humans arm but it's practically a love tap compared to Troy's earlier injury.  ((2 damage to Troy)).

((I gotta hit the hay because I have work in the morning.  No rehearsal for me tomorrow afternoon though so I'll be around then.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57