Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54080 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #555 on: October 21, 2012, 09:28:12 am »

((Definately interested. I want to see how this goes!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 21, 2012, 09:34:16 am »

((Uh, present!

Since I already sort of nudged Maniac to keep posting in PM.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 21, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

The mutants give a call of triumph at their success as they push forward, trying to overwhelm the humans.  This call is interrupted by a strangled yell as Kat stops one of them in it's tracks.  Yanking her friend back from the line of battle, Kat charges forward letting out a crossbow bolt as she does and planting it right in the chest of the mutant that had just wounded Rain.  The mutant falls to the ground, out of commission and a swift boot stomp to the head confirms that it's in no condition to get up.

With his flank no longer threatened, Troy takes the chance to counterattack the mutant that just got him, stepping in close and dealing a vicious upper cut stroke.  The mutant falls backwards onto the fire and bursts into flames.  A metal pot that had been resting on the fire is sent tumbling and spills it's thick, sludgy contents.

Finally Ethan steps next to Kat to form a solid line of battle against the mutants.  Standing shoulder to shoulder with Kat he skewers the closest mutant to her, stopping it before it even get's a chance to go after her.  He frantically kicks the mutant off his sword and brings the blade up to parry the counter attack from the remaining mutant on his flank.  The vampiric beast gives a scream of rage as it's claws are brought to a stop just an inch short of Ethan's face. ((Attack roll of 15 against AC 16)).

Having fallen back Rain scrambles for a molotov, hoping these enemies would be as weak as the giant spider was.  He throw goes wide, leaving her cursing.

The last mutant tries to attack Troy again but he is able to nimbly avoid any peril.

#####.##################################
#####.##################################
#####R%#################################
##..EKT.################################
#..m%%%m...#############################
.....^..%......|########################
...............|########################
.....%.P.......|########################
_______________}###..#####...............
....mmmmmm............#................
=======================================
..........................##............
========================================
.......#####............................
########################################
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:12:41 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2012, 11:42:55 am »

Kat was all to aware of her vulnerability on the front line-but Rain was behind her, and there wouldn't be one step back. Her hands moved quickly, reloading in an almost mechanical fashion.

She aimed at the beast threatening Ethan-her senses told her Paprika was hiding opposite of Troy, in perfect position to attack that one. And she liked Ethan better, anyway.

Attack Roll
1d20+3 → [5,3] = (8 )
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3743850/

But something went wrong!

((Honestly Sky, you can do a charging/Flanking sneak attack from where you are right now :P Maniac all but gave you the epic killing blow...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 21, 2012, 05:56:37 pm »

((Honestly Sky, you can do a charging/Flanking sneak attack from where you are right now :P Maniac all but gave you the epic killing blow...))
((Between the flatfootedness, charge bonus, flank bonus and BAB she could hit on a roll of 2.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2012, 06:06:24 pm »

Ethan prepares to advance and swing the blood-slick longsword at the closest mutant, intent on finally ending its life once and for all.

With a quick step and a roar, the young man attacks the mutant closest to him, steel ripping through the air but seeking flesh.
Attack Roll:
1d20+3 → [18,3] = (21)

Damage Roll:
1d8+3 → [6,3] = (9)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 21, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »

((Just gonna make Skyrunner's move to move this along))

Ethan nimbly turns the parry into an attack.  The mutant attempts to jump away but his bloodied blade swings through the air in one swift, fluid motion and catches it before it can escape. 

The last mutant warily backs away from the humans.  It is stopped short by the barrel of a gun in it's back.  Paprika fires once and it goes down.  Then everything is silent.

"Does anybody need patching up?"  Rain speaks up in a heavy breath as she surveys the situation.  "I should really steral-oh shit!"  As she stepped forward to get a better better look at everyone, Rain slipped on the sticky substance that had spilled off of the fire.  She falls on her ass and gives a distasteful scrunch of the face at the substance she has slipped in.  "Ewww, it's all gooey and sticky."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:55:37 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »

Ethan offers his hand to Rain.
"Here, get out of it then."

Help Rain up and check visually on the substance, being careful not to step on it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2012, 10:00:13 pm »

Troy sighed in relief and wiped the blood off his baton on a corpse before compacting it and picking up his bow again. He handed the molotov he grabbed over to Rain as she got off the floor.

"Take this, you've got the torch to light it after all. And thanks for fixing me up back there, I got hit pretty bad."

Seeing the goop that Rain slipped in, his curiosity got the better of him and he slipped the torch off Rain's back and gingerly crouched to get a better look at the substance.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 21, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »

"Thanks!" Rain eagerly grasps Ethan's hand and pulls herself up.  There is a faint sucking sound as her pants detach from the floor.  Ethan and Rain looked on as Troy crouched in for a closer view.

The stuff was a very thick, dark red liquid, bordering on brown.  There were chunks in it that were more solid and looked like some sort of soggy solid item floating in it.  The stuff didn't look acidic or anything but it had a kind of smell that wasn't easy to place but not completely unfamiliar.  Kind of like... black pudding.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 21, 2012, 10:20:13 pm »

Ethan swung his sword to take most of the blood then started to clean the rest with a cloth.
"Do you think that is made with human blood and chunks? I wouldn't be surprised."
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 21, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »

Rains eyes widen at the suggestion and she backs away from the puddle in revulsion, looking a little queesy.  "Ugh, you are probably right about that... what a lovely gang of freaks these guys were..."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 21, 2012, 10:54:46 pm »

"Hmm... What I'm more concerned about is that they were cooking this stuff. That means that they are intelligent to some degree, which makes our job both harder and more dangerous."

Troy straightened and stretched carefully, gently feeling his injuries. Satisfied that they would hold, he turned to the umpleasant task of searching the dead mutants for items of interest.

Search action for loot and spend ammunition (Taking 10): 12

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 21, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »

"I'll search around for my arrow and anything else interesting." Ethan put his hands inside his pockets after sheathing the longsword and moved on to examine the place in search of any useful loot.

First, get the spent arrow.

Then Search Roll for items of interest:
1d20+2 → [1,2] = (3)

And he finds nothing.
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 21, 2012, 11:09:25 pm »

Unfortunately for Troy's efforts the mutants don't seem to have much in the way of material posessions.  They have the clothes on their back but they seem otherwise to not make use of any tools.  And given the patchy and filthy state of the clothing they wear it's possible they simply wore their clothing out of habit rather then purpose.  The fire appears to be some sort of camp site but they didn't have anything worthwhile there except for the cauldron of blood.

The west passage ends in rubble with no more passage possible.  The north way opens up to a small room.  In it are platic bottles containing more coagulated blood.  It's thicker then the stuff in the cauldron, apparently the end product of their efforts.

Rain makes an uphappy face as she watches Troy search for anything valuable.  "You.. uh... wanna salvage their clothes... not sure if that's the way things are usually done out here."

The efforts to retreive ammo prove pretty fruitless.  The search recovers two crossbolt bolts that are still useable, and the fired shell casings but most of the fired bolts are broken and useless.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57