Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371549 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Quadruple Trouble
« Reply #1470 on: November 04, 2012, 12:08:21 am »

Head back and shoot a zombie with my crossbow.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 04, 2012, 01:17:58 am »

Welp, the fire axe is no good, and the roof's too strong to sunder. Suppose it's time to hurl throwing axes at the original zombie like there's no tomorrow... unless he's re-dead, in which case I'll aim for the clone instead.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 04, 2012, 06:06:53 am »

"Bad zombies, baaaad zombies."
FIRE BALL!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 04, 2012, 10:39:23 am »

Ay! Watch it mate, do you not realize that fire EMPOWERS these things? I don't like singed fur, either.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 04, 2012, 10:44:10 am »

Change my action to casting bane! Make the clone zombie so clumsy it hurts itself!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 04, 2012, 12:39:46 pm »

Back away from the zombies, staying out of range of the cold aura, while firing arrows at the nearest one.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 04, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »

I don't remember this encounter.

And I'm pretty sure that the telepathic brain wasn't an encounter in the original tomb of horrors either. The 3.5 version may have apparently gimped the dungeon a bit, but including this special type of zombie is something that they did right.
Oh, I haven't read the original, just the TVTropes page. I men that I didn't read the pdf well enough or something, because I don't remember this encounter.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 04, 2012, 01:25:01 pm »

I'm tempted to do something worthy of three [AUTOFAIL] tags, but I like my sword...

Still, screaming "I DO TO YOU NOW ENORMOUS HURT" while attempting to burn with the force of a sun and group hugging zombies... Eh.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 05, 2012, 09:09:13 am »

Well, that hurt. I'm gonna go ahead and chug my healing potion, then smack the original zombie one more. Hopefully that kills it.

You quickly chug down your healing potion. Hmm... Strawberry... 1 healing

[AUTOSUCCESS] Thus fortified, you give the original zombie a brutal overhead chop with your hammer. 1 damage

The zombie, experiencing the joys of redeath, slumps back down onto the ground, it's limbs splayed everywhere. With its redeath, the temperature in the pit goes up by a couple degrees.

Seeing as they can't seem to make an actual cave-in, Razdak tries to Create as many Anvils as he can above the pit.

[16] ... You do know that Irongold and L'Carpetron are in the pit too, right? Well... Okay then.

Your rain of anvils falls indiscriminately into the pit, hurting friend and foe alike and bring muffled curses from Kr'zbin and Nikolai. 1 damage 1 damage 1 damage

Anvil God! Anvil God! Anvil God!

Anyway Heal those who need it

[3] Well the two brave fighters struggling in the pit could use some healing... but you probably don't want to jump down and get caught in that aura of magical cold. Best to wait a bit, I think.

Run back and throw five knives into the brain of the clone zombie and at the same time yell at Kadvega for being a giant idiot for casting wild magic. :3 Cairn is already in a bad mood and wild magicing the zombie into two hasn't made his mood any better.

[6] Attempting to throw five knives at once isn't the greatest idea in the world, as all five knives just scatter harmlessly off the wall of the pit. Oh well, at least you can give Kadvega a good tongue lashing.

Try to block my zombie's attack and slash at Kr'zbin's zombie. (I imagine blocking it's hand and slashing it's arm off in a wide arc and catching them both, but chances are the dice HATE that idea)

"Are you all right, friend? Better we all survive a little injured than one without injury."

[AUTOSUCCESS] Seeing as Kr'zbin has already dispatched his zombie, you slash at the cloned one instead. It doesn't have much longer for this world anyways. 1 damage

Try and dig a 5m ramp downwards through the floor of an apparently safe area.

[AUTOFAIL] Okay, you probably could dig that. But seeing as the floors are made of solid stone you'd need to spend a least a day or two chipping away at them with your mining equipment to get anywhere. If you're searching for something in particular, maybe you should mention a specific room or something.

Head back and shoot a zombie with my crossbow.

[16] Taking perfect aim, you peg the cloned zombie in the eye. Hah. Who's laughing now? 1 damage

Welp, the fire axe is no good, and the roof's too strong to sunder. Suppose it's time to hurl throwing axes at the original zombie like there's no tomorrow... unless he's re-dead, in which case I'll aim for the clone instead.

[AUTOSUCCESS] Hefting your throwing axe in hand, you pull back your arm and take aim. The spinning handaxe hits the zombie in the chest and... rekills it. 1 damage

I thought that the coldness aura would heal much more than that, to be honest. So... yeah.

Change my action to casting bane! Make the clone zombie so clumsy it hurts itself!

The second zombie is already down for the count, but for future reference let me say that Bane doesn't stack. Otherwise it'd be a bit too powerful.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

I don't remember this encounter.

And I'm pretty sure that the telepathic brain wasn't an encounter in the original tomb of horrors either. The 3.5 version may have apparently gimped the dungeon a bit, but including this special type of zombie is something that they did right.
Oh, I haven't read the original, just the TVTropes page. I men that I didn't read the pdf well enough or something, because I don't remember this encounter.

Ah. Well it was pretty much just a one-line encounter that basically boiled down to "Hahaha buy Libris Mortis, sucker". I missed it on my first time too, because it was hiding in the corner, while the rest of the page was taken up by a much more interesting and eye-drawing illustration.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 05, 2012, 09:40:48 am »

If the zombies are dead Wander down the hallway looking for more traps. If they're alive do the exact same thing.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 05, 2012, 12:39:24 pm »

"Victory is mine! ... What hit me?"
I climb out of the pit and seek healing of any sort.
Once I'm at full health, and only once I'm at full health, I search the nearby hallways for a new exit. Including the north one with the fake door, just to be sure.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:41:01 pm by greymountain_Sage »
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:13 pm »

"Wow I wonder what happened then, it was obviously a trap and not any fault of any one of
us."
Follow someone who knows what they are doing
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 05, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

heal anybody who needs healing.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 05, 2012, 03:58:43 pm »

Grab whatever healing I need, after taking Sasha and slashing through one of the zombie's arms preferably the non-clone.)

Cut away the flesh and keep the upper arm bone. Fashion a grip from it, and add it to Sasha, giving me not only a newly 2-handed fancy sword I'm pretty sure came from Hell and now has added value plus dead people bits, but also the upper hand in any discussion involving fancy weaponry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:02:29 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:10 pm »

Tsuchi the zombies are dead as far as I know.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 134