Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371559 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Quadruple Trouble
« Reply #1455 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:28 pm »

I'm the one watching. I HAVE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1456 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:46 pm »

And I have hacked all those cameras! (I got a nat 20 on my computer use skill)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »

but I hacked the data feed!
(Nat 20s, I be rollin)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:13 pm »

And I...
Crashed my computer with a natural 1. Curses.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 03, 2012, 02:45:24 pm »

That's fine, the data stream caught on fire and now I have no house.

Damn ones.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 03, 2012, 08:10:15 pm »

Use my ugly stick to poke the clone zombie back into the pit

[17] With a mighty crack you send the zombie flying back into the pit. Hah, homerun! 1 damage

Razdak casts Gust of Wind once again to help with the clone pushing.

Well the zombie is already in the pit, so you avoid the shame of rolling a natural one. Whew.

Malaken's Ancestors, and by extension Malaken, I owe you guys a trip to the Pub. I'll even pay a wizard to make the booze ethereal for anyone who can't manifest hard enough to pick up a glass... Ghost Spirits for the Ghosts/Spirits.

As for the frozen corpses, apparently not only living people's warmth, but any form of fire heals them. And now there's two... and worse than all that, a bunch of perfectly good booze was wasted on them.

So yeah, does anyone at all have any cold-based magic or attacks to try against them? In any case, we definitely need to cut the Fireballs and such... and get out of the thrice-damned pit if you value your hides!

Anyway, maybe we could collapse a section of the roof down on the pit or something? I'll take a look with my keen Dwarven Stonecunning, and see if I can see a way to destabilize the roof over the pit, without crushing myself.

[2] Unfortunately whoever made the Tomb of Horrors was a good stoneworker, for the roof of the pit is more stable than a mountain goat. A mutant mountain goat with eight legs and a supreme sense of balance. You'd need really powerful and unpredictable magics to bring down the roof in a reasonable timeframe (ie before everybody dies horribly).

Thank the little magical mouse and then RUN AWAAAAAY! Until I find and drink a healing potion that is.

You quickly flee back to Acererak's Living Room, where you take a swig of a healing potion in Midna's Jade Coffer. 1 healing

Ah... that hit the spot.

Okay amazingly I didn't die. RUN AWAY!!! Find somebody who will heal me.

Quickly climbing out of the pit, you follow closely on Kazard's heels and take another healing potion out of the coffer. 1 healing

Hmm... Looks like the coffer is down to two healing potions now. Maybe you guys shouldn't be hitting the stuff so hard.

I've still got full HP, so I'm gonna hit the zombie in the pit with my hammer. I aim for the head.

[AUTOSUCCESS] With a mighty swing of your hammer, you clock the zombie in the head! It isn't down yet, but it definitively is reeling. 1 damage

Well, that went far better than expected. Attempt to scramble out of the pit, away from both zombies.

You quickly jump onto Cairn's ladder and begin climbing for your life. Seeing as the cloned zombie passed you on its way down, as you climb over the lip of the pit you are far enough away from both zombies. For now.

((Um oops))
"Um oops."
Ethereal walk away!

[8] I'm assuming that you're apologizing for the accidental Wild Magic, but seeing as you have flubbed your Ethereal Walk spell it can work just as easily for that. At least that thrice-damned zombie clone is back in the pit.

Woo! Go spirits, go spirits, go spirits!

Cast Bane, and try to give the zombie that climbed out of the pit a penalty to its attack rolls.

[11] Your Bane spell manages to affect the zombie by the skin of its teeth, filling its mind with fear doubt uncertainty some sort of thought that would lower its attack roll. Er, by which I mean that now it has to make an actual attack roll until Bane wears off.

This is tropical compared to Siberia!
Leap into the pit and introduce Sasha to one of the zombie's skulls on the trip down.

[AUTOSUCCESS] You follow Hans and Kr'zbin's lead and jump down into the pit with your blade swinging. Decapitation! The original zombie is still standing, but not by much. 1 damage

It's a shame that it's the zombies's turns now.

[AUTOSUCCESS] The original zombie takes a vicious swing at Ironblood, hitting him in the head tit-for-tat. 1 damage

[18] The cloned zombie also decides to nom Kr'zbin's brains for a bit. 1 damage

With with his hearty dwarven constitution Kr'zbin is close to death. Currently the only thing standing between him and his continued existence is the magical coldness radiating from the two corpses.

Spoiler: And the results are in (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

I don't remember this encounter.

And I'm pretty sure that the telepathic brain wasn't an encounter in the original tomb of horrors either. The 3.5 version may have apparently gimped the dungeon a bit, but including this special type of zombie is something that they did right.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:59 pm »

Well, that hurt. I'm gonna go ahead and chug my healing potion, then smack the original zombie one more. Hopefully that kills it.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 03, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »

FIREBALL THE CLONE ZOMBIE!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 03, 2012, 08:25:03 pm »

Seeing as they can't seem to make an actual cave-in, Razdak tries to Create as many Anvils as he can above the pit.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1464 on: November 03, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

Anvil God! Anvil God! Anvil God!

Anyway Heal those who need it
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 03, 2012, 08:59:16 pm »

Run back and throw five knives into the brain of the clone zombie and at the same time yell at Kadvega for being a giant idiot for casting wild magic. :3 Cairn is already in a bad mood and wild magicing the zombie into two hasn't made his mood any better.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 03, 2012, 09:00:55 pm »

In fairness, I do believe that he did that by accident.

Also, if the question of healing is still out there, I need it, please.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 03, 2012, 09:12:27 pm »

Try to block my zombie's attack and slash at Kr'zbin's zombie. (I imagine blocking it's hand and slashing it's arm off in a wide arc and catching them both, but chances are the dice HATE that idea)

"Are you all right, friend? Better we all survive a little injured than one without injury."

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:14:51 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 03, 2012, 09:20:53 pm »

Quote from: Tsuchigumo550
"Are you all right, friend? Better we all survive a little injured than one without injury."
"Only a scratch. You should have seen me after the great Dwarven Ale mines of my homeland collapsed, now that one was a real injury!"

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:21 pm »

Try and dig a 5m ramp downwards through the floor of an apparently safe area.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:53:38 pm by Azthor »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134