Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48189 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (71 - 4/5 united, take two)
« Reply #525 on: November 24, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »

"Eh? I can try, but I assume we'd just go back the way we came and down the stairs.

Oh yes, and the book says this is the Dance of Souls, a fairly elaborate piece of artwork using illusion magic."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 24, 2012, 02:27:37 pm »

"All I see is a grey slate...If this is an illusion with the word soul here, there must be a spirit we can- I mean you can commune with, aye?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 25, 2012, 08:01:13 am »

Trael shrugged his bony shoulders slightly, threw the door open again and charged through, raising his sword to strike.

>Rush through the door and chop whatever was making all that noise into little pieces!!

>Then continue onwards.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #528 on: November 25, 2012, 10:19:05 am »

"Pray tell on that spider..."
"Well it tried to destroy the universe and eat Trael. I don't exactly trust this place anymore. Which is why I don't feel safe when a lion's on the loose.
Does that book say what'll happen if we smash the artwork to pieces? If it's an illusion, it's hiding something."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (76 - )
« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2012, 04:21:29 pm »

Zalgus scratched his head.

"The only thing I noticed was a strange statue. Unless you mean the stone door. And it's just... well, not mundane artwork, but nothing but artwork?"

More book-talkings.
That statue would be the Dance of Souls Triumphant, assuming it was headless and showed you the heads of creatures that, one way or another, you triumphed over.

Outwardly, the Dance of Souls is nothing but artwork. No synergetic effects, no effects beyond the illusion reacting to the environments... but while Prodith may be stupid enough to believe in destiny, she knows well enough about the real power of the Dance of Souls. Placed in the right place, it truly can reforge the world. That right place has long since been lost, but Prodith is getting dangerously close to creating a suitable duplicate with this tower.

Take watch by the humming door we came through.

"So there was this one time I fought a giant golden spider..."

You keep watch. There's nothing out there but the melted ice room. No sign of anything roaring, or of Trael for that matter.

"Pray tell on that spider..."

"And the same goes for the book. Where did you get that exquisite artifact, Zalgus? I've never seen talking...book."

Rorrim shall try to enter a martial trance - a state of clarity and heightened senses for the current time to try to discern any anomalies that can be sensed or initiate a response to any hidden attack if possible.

Baradine shall...try to cast a fire spark at the grey painting.

Trance? (1d6=6)
You go into trance....  Your mind is perfectly clear, especially of images of your surroundings.

Firespark vs Painting (1d6+1=3, 1d6+4=10)
Baradine casts a firebolt against the painting, but it whisks away. Moreover, he feels a portion of his arcane power drain away.

----

Trael shrugged his bony shoulders slightly, threw the door open again and charged through, raising his sword to strike.

>Rush through the door and chop whatever was making all that noise into little pieces!!

>Then continue onwards.
You rush down a corridor, reaching a door leading into a hallway where you hear something huge scraping over the floor.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »

"I see. This is a component to Prodith's plan, it seems; unlikely we'll be able to hurt it directly, best move on.

Oh and that strange statue we saw earlier was the Dance of Souls Triumphant. It shows you creatures you've triumphed over."

Head back through door, down staircase.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 28, 2012, 06:41:53 am »

((Flumph

I mean, Bump.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2012, 09:01:15 am »

((Sorry :\))

"Err, this painting is about Souls...?

Ok. Mental note. Come on Rorgrin, Rorrim. We're done with this room."

Baradine, rest and recharge while following Zalgus.

Rorrim shall aid Rorgrin in tearing down that painting!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:09:27 pm by Tiruin »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #533 on: November 28, 2012, 04:07:24 pm »

"Z. - Ask your book why it's telling us this. Specifically why it would tell us this thing Prodith's scheming on can reforge the world.

Also what's a Prodith?"

"I see. This is a component to Prodith's plan, it seems; unlikely we'll be able to hurt it directly, best move on.
"Attacking magic with magic can often be anti-climatic. I find magic tends to fail in the face of overwhelming kinetic energy."
Tear down the painting.
"If I die, let Trael know this was all his fault."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 28, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »

"Let me help you with that painting, buddy."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 29, 2012, 05:13:03 am »

"So, Larry? What do you think? Subtlety or a full-on charge?"

>Leave it up to Larry. I'm tired of making decisions.

>If he decides on subtlety, move slowly through the door and hug the wall as I try to determine what's inside, sword ready.

>If a full-on charge, well, charge in there and attempt to chop whatever's making that noise into little bits.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take 2)
« Reply #536 on: November 30, 2012, 05:13:56 pm »

Oh and that strange statue we saw earlier was the Dance of Souls Triumphant. It shows you creatures you've triumphed over."

Head back through door, down staircase.
You leave the room and go down the staircase, entering into a small corridor with a munuruk standing nearby, tapping on a strange stone plate places by the stairs. Baradine follows quickly after you.

others coming?

((Sorry :\))

"Err, this painting is about Souls...?

Ok. Mental note. Come on Rorgrin, Rorrim. We're done with this room."

Baradine, rest and recharge while following Zalgus.

Rorrim shall aid Rorgrin in tearing down that painting!

"Z. - Ask your book why it's telling us this. Specifically why it would tell us this thing Prodith's scheming on can reforge the world.

Also what's a Prodith?"

"Attacking magic with magic can often be anti-climatic. I find magic tends to fail in the face of overwhelming kinetic energy."
Tear down the painting.
"If I die, let Trael know this was all his fault."

Down with the painting! (1d6=4, 1d6=6)

The two of you grab onto the frame and pull off the Dance of Souls Despaired with surprising ease...

Trap Attack; Defense (1d6+4=7, 1d6=1, 1d6+4=5, 1d6=5)

... when a severe blast of fire and force shoots out of the wall, catapulting Rorrim welll out of the room with bruises and burns (8 damage), while Rorgrin reflexively shields himself from most harm, suffering but a few burns (2 damage), but letting the painting go in the process. It quickly hovers back to its place. For a few seconds, it clearly shows a nighttime landscape with spirits floating over it before the spirits once more overwhelm the canvas with their gray.

----

"So, Larry? What do you think? Subtlety or a full-on charge?"

>Leave it up to Larry. I'm tired of making decisions.

>If he decides on subtlety, move slowly through the door and hug the wall as I try to determine what's inside, sword ready.

>If a full-on charge, well, charge in there and attempt to chop whatever's making that noise into little bits.
"We can always charge. We can't be subtle once we do that. So subtlety gives us both options. Let's try that."

You sneak into the room and are greeted by a grotesque sight. A worm- or snakelike beast of great size, consisting of bones, shells, and exoskeletons of all sizes and shapes. One end of the creature, rising into the air, consists of nothing but skulls of many different creatures. It scrapes over the stone floor, and occasionally all of its jaws open at the same time, letting out the by now familiar roar.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 30, 2012, 08:10:02 pm »

"Does that thing even have eyes? I'm guessing it can see, by some form of magic or other. Who knows. I'm sure we could defeat it if needs be."

>Scan the room for another exit from my spot, sword ready should the wurm spot me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take two)
« Reply #538 on: December 03, 2012, 03:48:38 pm »

((A bumpling peers around the corner, then vanishes in a puff of meta.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take two)
« Reply #539 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:26 pm »

Zalgus looked over his shoulder.

"I assume so, but it's hard to tell."

He then turned back to the book.

"And what about this thing?" he said, glancing back to the munuruk. "What's this all about?"

Talk to book.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45