Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48152 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take two)
« Reply #540 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

Help Rorrim.

"Homicidal painting..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (77 - Flying Rorrims, take two)
« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2012, 06:31:22 am »

"Accursed pressure traps! Baradine! Do your work!"

"Spell immunity but nothings better than see you test it out."

"Wha-?"

Rorrim: Charge ye painting! Cut the backside off with my polearm in an attempt to try to discover any traps behind it! Then remove the painting, using it as a shield against that fire-spurt.

Baradine shall try to sense any traps or activated magic once the painting is removed!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (78 - )
« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »

"Does that thing even have eyes? I'm guessing it can see, by some form of magic or other. Who knows. I'm sure we could defeat it if needs be."

>Scan the room for another exit from my spot, sword ready should the wurm spot me.
Spot; Sneakily (1d6=1, 1d6=2)
You step out into the open and shout "Hey ugly, where's the next staircase down?" at the wurm. The creature turns towards you and all the skulls begin to cackle.

Dread Cackle/Defense (1d6=3, 1d6=6)
The cackle tries to touch something deep within you, but it doesn't quite reach.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones

----

Zalgus looked over his shoulder.

"I assume so, but it's hard to tell."

He then turned back to the book.

"And what about this thing?" he said, glancing back to the munuruk. "What's this all about?"

Talk to book.

That looks like a munuruk. Interesting. I wasn't aware that there were any of those creatures in the keep. That's good, I suppose, in that it keeps the Terror beneath the Keep less active, if I am gauging their reaction to the Bloodstained Dreams correctly.

Baradine wonders if he should see what Rorrim and Rorgrin are up to now that he left them behind.

----

Help Rorrim.

"Homicidal painting..."

You help up Rorrim, who proceeds to charge at the painting that just blasted the two of you... and fall flat on his nose that he tries to pass the door.

"Accursed pressure traps! Baradine! Do your work!"

"Spell immunity but nothings better than see you test it out."

"Wha-?"

Rorrim: Charge ye painting! Cut the backside off with my polearm in an attempt to try to discover any traps behind it! Then remove the painting, using it as a shield against that fire-spurt.

Baradine shall try to sense any traps or activated magic once the painting is removed!

You look around for Baradine after Rorgrin helps you up, but it seems he's already moved downwards. Well, time to teach that trap a lesson.

Charge! (1d6=1)
You charge ahead, trying to bring your polearm into position, but you stumble and fall flat on your nose as you pass the door.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 08, 2012, 05:21:32 am »

((I know, it's December, but...))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 08, 2012, 05:51:27 am »

((Right. Oops.))

"Mm? Bloodstained Dreams? Terror beneath the Keep? I'm afraid you've lost me there."

Go drag my allies over here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 08, 2012, 06:32:19 am »

((Sorry D:))

"CURSE THIS!" Rorrim said as he defiantly pulled himself up, not wanting to be done in by a mere painting. After a few tense moments, he turns to Rorgrin. "Perhaps we should go deeper..."

"As for you," he gestured at the painting, "I know where you live." he said quietly, before heading out the door and tracing Zalgus' tracks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #546 on: December 08, 2012, 07:17:11 am »

Irl: Roll through the Keep of Comatose Dreams

To wherever there is!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (71 - 4/5 united, take two)
« Reply #547 on: December 08, 2012, 07:51:52 am »

"Wrong answer."
Trael's skull remained bony and expressionless as his sword rose and fell in a large sweep down onto the creature.

>Hack this ugly thing apart!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:39:32 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (79 - )
« Reply #548 on: December 09, 2012, 07:54:37 am »

((Right. Oops.))

"Mm? Bloodstained Dreams? Terror beneath the Keep? I'm afraid you've lost me there."

Go drag my allies over here.
((Sorry D:))

"CURSE THIS!" Rorrim said as he defiantly pulled himself up, not wanting to be done in by a mere painting. After a few tense moments, he turns to Rorgrin. "Perhaps we should go deeper..."

"As for you," he gestured at the painting, "I know where you live." he said quietly, before heading out the door and tracing Zalgus' tracks.
Irl: Roll through the Keep of Comatose Dreams

To wherever there is!

Zalgus turns to the munuruk and says "I'll just go grab them", then goes back into the melted ice room where a battered Rorrim and a less battered Rorgrin are already on the way to the staircase. He grabs and drags them down to the corridor with Baradine and the munuruk.

If you survive
send word to dryad to reopen

With that, the munuruk removes the slab and waddles down the corridor. The staircase starts once more freezing over.

----

"Wrong answer."
Trael's skull remained bony and expressionless as his sword rose and fell in a large sweep down onto the creature.

>Hack this ugly thing apart!

Hack that ugly thing apart!/Defense (1d6=5, 1d6=1)
You expertly hack into the monster's bones, shattering several of them, and you deal even more damage as you draw back your sword. (4 damage)

Attack Trael/Defense (1d6+1=2, 1d6=3)
Several skulls shoot out towards you, attached to the main body with spines, but you step aside to make them bite dust rather than bone.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 4 damage dealt

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:24 am »

Baradine: "Alright boys, what say I scout out this frozen wasteland, casting Heat Shield on myself before any of you enter? Doesn't seem like a good bargain if we all go through there and end up buffeted by the weather, eh?"

"Your funeral, but remember we've only two Blue Dryadfruits left. Save your energy."

"I'll be fine."

Rorrim shall return and get THAT ROCK from THAT LIGHTNING ROOM. And then follow Rorgrin.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »

((I should go about adding maps sometime. The ice room, and by extension the lightning trap room with the slab, is above you, past the rapidly freezing staircase. Getting it would run the risk of separating you from the rest of the group, though you may be able to take the tree to the munuruk and then follow Trael's path. Ahead of you is a corridor, the same one that the munuruk originally led you through after going up the narrow staircase.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2012, 04:21:13 pm »

Uh... So which way goes wherever the Munruruk aren't?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:42 am »

((Through the corridor, down the stairs, and then past the entrance to munuruk territory is the way that the munuruk aren't.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2012, 12:02:25 pm »

Trael moved silently, blade raising as his body twisted away from the flying skulls, then swinging back down again towards the beast.
In that manner he danced this strange, jerky-looking dance as he fought the thing, the only real sign of life his eyesockets blazing with spectral light.

>Sidestep and dodge any skulls in between slashes at the thing!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #554 on: December 12, 2012, 12:26:50 pm »

((Through the corridor, down the stairs, and then past the entrance to munuruk territory is the way that the munuruk aren't.))
"That way! And lets burn down their stuff while they're gone!
Wait, you already did that?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45