Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42896 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 27
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2012, 05:54:33 pm »

Oh yeah.

Try to find a safe place to practice magic.

Then attempt to summon a helpful crow. It worked so well last time!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »

Practice on water fist.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2012, 11:03:36 pm »

Kira felt a knot form in her throat, any of the Elven forests were...quite far from anyone else, as far as she knew.

"It's...hard to explain. But...this is all a test for me, actually. I'm a mage of the Fighter's guild, and a spell was cast on me, I guess, and my objective is to reach that guild once more.

"In retrospect, I wasn't warned of what would happen until the test started.Please don't kill me If you could just point the way out, I'd be glad to take it. And I won't divulge this location to anyone,"
Kira said, noting the way they treated strangers.

Plea.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2012, 12:07:14 am »

"Commander, I have located one of Reddrick's bandits, or "Reds".  I know it isn't my place to be dictating what we do, but I suggest we scope out the place."

Suggest to my commander that we scope out Udyr's home.  If he agrees, travel to Udyr's and have Ricky scout the building.

"Hey Ricky, just try to be sneaky, alright?  He may have seen you in the inn."

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 28, Giant Crows and Head Blows
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »

Turn 28

((Oops, I thought my book only had ritual enchantments. Hurray!))

Cast repel arrows on my armor, then track down Ochita.

| In a burst of genius, you instantly cast the spell without any sort of prior learning.  A bright sheen envelops your clothing for a second, and then it is gone.

|  Seeing as this is a dark, new and scary place, you think that a familiar face would brighten it up.  So you look for the person you barely know, Ochita.  You find him in the training grounds, and you decide to be sneaky.  You skulk around behind him, and then you jump out, scaring the shit out of him.  Unfortunately, you forgot that this was a training area, and that Ochita was training something.  He is very surprised, and casts his Water Fist at you without even thinking about it.  |  Fortunately, all it does is knock you to the ground, with a little bruise forming on your cheek.

You learned the spell Repel Arrows!  It is a level 1 spell that gives you a +1 defensive bonus against arrows.  You gain +4 to Repel Arrows!  You gain +3 to Inficio Ignotus.  You gain +2 to Inficio.

"Let's do this."

Enter portal, and Arcane Pulse the closest thug and Weak Push the next closest one.

| You perfectly cast Arcane Pulse at the one closes to you, and then | you push the next closest into the wall.  || Your Arcane Pulse Slams into the mans chest, throwing him off his feet and into the Wall.  | The force of the attack breaks his tailbone, his fifth right rib and fourth right rib.  His chest is burnt rather badly as well.  | He roars, and gets up, the pain being nothing to him (Adrenaline rush, +1 to all rolls for three turns (along with dulling the pain from blows), then -1 to all rolls, along with the rolls from the pain.)

| Your push however, is far more deadly.  The thugs skull explodes against the wall, and his body slips down slowly, leaving a trail of blood.

Janna: | She rushes at the other thug that you have not targeted, and swings her blade expertly.  || She does some kind of samurai appear, reappear thing.  The thugs body clambers to the floor in two pieces, so you decide that it's pretty cool.

Extreme Thug!||  The thug swings at you angrily, but you dodge out of the way of his fist.  He looks at you and roars.  This can't be good, he's probably alerted the entire warehouse by now.

You gain +4 to Ianus Somes!  You gain +4 to Redimio Ianus!  You gain +4 to Ianus.  You gain +2 to Mind.

Oh yeah.

Try to find a safe place to practice magic.

Then attempt to summon a helpful crow. It worked so well last time!

You go to a little clearing out side, and attempt to summon a crow. | Fortunately, you suceed.  Rather unfortunately, he just so happens to be twelve feet tall.  | Perhaps it isn't a bad thing at all, since he looks down at you and says, "Master."

You gain +8 to Alius Sive!  You gain the skill Appello! You gain +6 to Appello!  You gain the skill Realm!  You gain +4 to Realm.  You gain a level in Alius Sive!  You have gained the title Dishrag Conjurer!  You gain the spell Summon Giant Crow!  It is a level 4 spell that allows you to summon, well, a giant talking crow.  You gain +10 exp to Summon Giant Crow!  You have mastered Summon Giant Crow!  You may now summon the warriors of the clan.  They are powerful martial fighters that are two feet taller than the regular giant crows.  You gain the spell Summon Crow!  It is a level 1 spell that allows you to summon rather clever crows.  They have no use in combat, but they are invaluable as guides.  You gain +5 to Summon Crow!

((Because it's a level 4, whilst you are a level 1 Summoner, you cannot summon them (-1 to spells two above your level, -3 to spells three above your level.  The most you could get is a 3, so I would highly recommend not using Summon Giant Crow until you are at least a level 2 summoner.)))

Practice on water fist.

| You can barely summon the fist.  Just when you are about to get it down, though, some chick jumps out behind you, and you accidentally punch her in the face with your water.  Oops.

You gain +1 to Water Fist!

Kira felt a knot form in her throat, any of the Elven forests were...quite far from anyone else, as far as she knew.

"It's...hard to explain. But...this is all a test for me, actually. I'm a mage of the Fighter's guild, and a spell was cast on me, I guess, and my objective is to reach that guild once more.

"In retrospect, I wasn't warned of what would happen until the test started.Please don't kill me If you could just point the way out, I'd be glad to take it. And I won't divulge this location to anyone,"
Kira said, noting the way they treated strangers.

Plea.

| You explain your ordeal, but it falls on deaf ears.

"I will not kill you, and I will alert the others to your presence, but I will not help you.  If this is a test, then you are on your own."

He disappears into the shadows.

"Commander, I have located one of Reddrick's bandits, or "Reds".  I know it isn't my place to be dictating what we do, but I suggest we scope out the place."

Suggest to my commander that we scope out Udyr's home.  If he agrees, travel to Udyr's and have Ricky scout the building.

"Hey Ricky, just try to be sneaky, alright?  He may have seen you in the inn."

| You commander agrees with you instantly, and you are sent to scout him out.  You quickly find the place, and send Ricky out for some reconnaissance. 

| It quickly goes out, and it comes back after a while. | Whilst Ricky cannot speak, he conveys the general message to you.

The man is asleep.  His door is unlocked.  There are no traps.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Janna: She looks a little wary at the mans screaming.

Enemy NPC's

Enraged Thug:  He's pretty pissed.

Adrenaline Rush: +1 for three turns, ignores injuries.

Broken Ribs: -1 to rolls from the pain

Severly Burnt Chest: -1 to rolls from the pain

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  She's somewhere, that's for sure.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside a warehouse identified as the main base of Becker.  Who is totally not James.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside a in the process of getting wrecked inn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »

"I knew as much..."

Kira tried to remember basic survival, on where the Fighter's guild was most probably known to be in the general sense of a cartographer.

She then examined the air temperature and the trees for any sign of moss and it's direction in relation to the sun.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2012, 05:06:34 pm »

"Ow, remind me not to sneak up on you again.

Remember me? We were traveling here together, then I, er, got knocked out in a battle and woke up somewhere else. I think. Anyway, want to go on a mission together? I'm only a rookie enchanter, and there's safety in numbers."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »

"Janna, let's take this guy out and move.  His screaming's gonna wake the dead."

Arcane Pulse + Weak Push the thug, then get to another room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:46 pm »

Zerus laughed a little maniacally. A giant crow warrior, how cool! He hadn't even known those existed.

"Come with me, crow! We're off to find a deadbeat and get him to return overdue library materials. Gently."

Ask around for the guy I'm looking for, crow in tow.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2012, 12:01:01 am »

Oh hey, I'm the only one with no spells of level 1 or higher.  I'll be doing some serious training after this mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:50 am »

If it's any consolation, you're also one of the only people who hasn't nearly been eaten by a dragon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2012, 02:31:26 am »

((Oh boy. Nirur, I'm not going to have internet access for a whole week, so my character is going to put onto auto pilot from Baradine. Still, I'm sure that he can handle my character as an NPC until I get back so I don't see any reason why my character can't join yours on a mission.))

"Oh! Sorry..

Well.. Oh! The bandit battle. Yeah, you seemed to almost disappear. There wasn't any trace of you at all. But anyway, I don't see why we can't do a mission together, as long as we both pull our weight, things should be fine."

Help Nirathi up, and agree to go on a mission with her.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2012, 06:10:06 am »

Get a mission. If there's time, learn Repel Weapons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2012, 02:05:36 pm »

And since you asked...

Spoiler: Old Description (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buffed Description (click to show/hide)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »

Just waitin' on Morelli.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21